• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

Yesterday's gone as Fleetwood Mac so brilliantly sang.

So heads up chests out and let's get tore into Ayr United on Boxing Day.

Our priority from day one has been about winning this league. All cup competitions for us at present are bonuses.

The league is your bread and butter.

Let's not feel sorry for ourselves.

Let's get three points on boxing day and make our goal difference even healthier.

COME ON THE HEARTS.

Right, let’s get positive again as hard as it may seem. Their chairman is a fat w*** so wouldn’t mind a big victory. Dunno what the team will be due to injuries from yesterday but will go for a 3/4-0 win.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Excellent. Do we have any injury news?

Boyce, white and Halliday all went off with Knocks, so will be dependent on how they recover.

A big reaction to the sickening way of losing yesterday is needed. The time to sulk has been and gone, the league and promotion remains the most important thing this season.

With the January window not far away, the next couple weeks could be the last few games for some. Even if they don’t leave they’ll be down the pecking order. If they have something to prove they better do it. 

12 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Boyce, white and Halliday all went off with Knocks, so will be dependent on how they recover.

Gordon

Smith

Berra

Halkett

Kingsley

Haring

Irving

Ginelly

Naismith

Frear

Wighton

if none of the knocks make it. 

Stephane Grappelli
53 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Our priority from day one has been about winning this league. All cup competitions for us at present are bonuses.

Let's get three points on boxing day and make our goal difference even healthier.

COME ON THE HEARTS.

Give it a rest John.  The league is of course our bread and butter but we should be winning this division at a canter.  The fact that we're even there is a disgrace and the players have to take their fair share of the blame for that.

Yesterday they got themselves in a great position but ultimately it was yet another kick in the teeth for the fans.  Winning that cup against that mob would have been fantastic on so many levels and I'm absolutely ****ing sick.

So forgive me but it feels a bit too soon for happy clappy "let's look forward to Ayr United" pish.  Right now I could see that game far enough. 

25 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Give it a rest John.  The league is of course our bread and butter but we should be winning this division at a canter.  The fact that we're even there is a disgrace and the players have to take their fair share of the blame for that.

Yesterday they got themselves in a great position but ultimately it was yet another kick in the teeth for the fans.  Winning that cup against that mob would have been fantastic on so many levels and I'm absolutely ****ing sick.

So forgive me but it feels a bit too soon for happy clappy "let's look forward to Ayr United" pish.  Right now I could see that game far enough. 

I’m with this guy. The thought of having to play Ayr United on Saturday kind of makes me feel even more depressed. I’ll be better by Thursday......maybe (Still haunts me to this day the League cup final defeat to St Mirren so maybe Thursday is optimistic!)

Just need to dust the team down - move on to Ayr. The games come thick and fast now, and gave a great chance of being out if sight by the end of January. We need to bounce back from this before Saturday 

We've been handed some very favourable results recently because everyone that is a 'rival' for top spot keep dropping points. If we can keep the heed, crack on and get these routine wins we'll be fine. Ginnelly becoming fit again is going to make all the difference as well.

Yesterday, 1st half we were bullied and shipped easy goals... I wondered if Levein was still in charge, with Anne looking after his back and not getting angry ... we looked like a team who befits Ayr vs Hearts tag. 

Then, second half, things changed a team in Maroon with Balls and ability - we bullied Celtic, we fought, we never gave up even into injury time when a goal down. I’d have loved to have been there with the hearts fans going wild!!!
That was a cup final performance, something to be proud off, ultimately we didn’t get what the performance deserved but we found what’s been missing for so long.
Back to play Ayr in an empty stadium, it’s a chance to tear down and rebuild the house/wreck that Levein built and when we reach the levels of yesterday in full stadium, the future will be bright, the futures maroon. 

Horatio Caine

The guys need to pick themselves up after last night.  Huge effort put in for ultimately no reward.  However, our main focus has to be the Championship and we need to re-set and re-focus for Boxing Day.  Three points please lads, and a few goals as well would be nice!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Unlike Stephane Gripelli

Saturday can't come quickly enough. 

One saving grace from the delayed cup, there's no time to wallow in what ifs.

There are a list of ***** waiting to be sorted out, Ayr United would be pretty close to the top

4 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Yesterday, 1st half we were bullied and shipped easy goals... I wondered if Levein was still in charge, with Anne looking after his back and not getting angry ... we looked like a team who befits Ayr vs Hearts tag. 

Then, second half, things changed a team in Maroon with Balls and ability - we bullied Celtic, we fought, we never gave up even into injury time when a goal down. I’d have loved to have been there with the hearts fans going wild!!!
That was a cup final performance, something to be proud off, ultimately we didn’t get what the performance deserved but we found what’s been missing for so long.
Back to play Ayr in an empty stadium, it’s a chance to tear down and rebuild the house/wreck that Levein built and when we reach the levels of yesterday in full stadium, the future will be bright, the futures maroon. 

It was as if RN was demonstrating the difference between the CL style of play and the style of play we all want. It was like watching two different teams. Budge should have 0 input on how the team plays. Hopefully now this is the start of the return of big bad aggressive Hearts, aka the team we love that gets results.

1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I know where you are coming from. 

Yesterday was a massive disappointment and 3 points against Ayr isn't going to take the pain away unfortunately. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
12 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

5-0 Boxing Day bashing 

This

Feck that bloviating arsehole

Would of liked to see Henderson on before Frear yesterday.  If all fit for boxing day id go 

Craig 

Smith

Berra

Halkett 

Kingsley 

Haring 

Irving 

Gino 

Naisy 

Henderson 

Boyce 

Hoping for goals start the game like we done the second half yesterday and we will destroy them. 

Thought Police

I reckon we’ll be flat tbh. 6 days after leaving absolutely everything on the pitch, and to go through all the emotions of that will be really difficult.

I’ll take any win.

Stephane Grappelli
30 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Unlike Stephane Gripelli

Saturday can't come quickly enough. 

One saving grace from the delayed cup, there's no time to wallow in what ifs.

There are a list of ***** waiting to be sorted out, Ayr United would be pretty close to the top

"Gripelli", very good.

I've seen Hearts win three major trophies in my lifetime.  That figure could have been doubled or even troubled if it wasn't for things like yesterday where we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.   I'm gutted, absolutely ****ing gutted and beating a team on Saturday in a division that we shouldn't even ****ing be in is not going to take that away.  Good for you though if you genuinely are looking forward to the game.

The best way to "sort out" the ***** you speak of would have been to win the Cup yesterday.  We were playing the mob probably most responsible for the league being called early and victory would have got it right up them, Doncaster and ***** like St Mirren and Ayr United who are now trying to make themselves relevant by having pops at us.

9 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

I reckon we’ll be flat tbh. 6 days after leaving absolutely everything on the pitch, and to go through all the emotions of that will be really difficult.

I’ll take any win.

Could go either way tbh. 

Team will either be shattered and a lot of players carrying knocks or will take their frustrations out on one of the biggest culprits in shafting us. 

Not only that but that Lachlan prick seemed to revel in our troubles. 

I hope its the latter and another six goal humping is on the cards. 

14 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

I’ll take any win.

Agree with this, mentally will be a very tough game for the team.

Happy with a scrappy 1-0.

the 4/5 -0 poundings will be along shortly, be patient.

avhudtheteeshirt

I've been to many cup finals with Hearts, and this one ranks as near the top as it gets without winning it!!!

Some finals you fail to turn up, some your a goal down before you take your seat!!!

This one we never gave up, even when at halftime we looked down and out, the team rolled up their sleeves and got tore in!!!

People say Celtic were there for the taking, i've yet to see an Old Firm team that was ready to lie down when something at stake!!!

We lost out on penalties to a team who cost about 10 times what ours did, we did ourselves proud!!!!!! 

Think there’ll be a few changes on Sat.  Good opportunity to make use of the squad and rest tired legs ahead of a busy Jan schedule. 

Gordon 

Smith

Halkett

Popescu 

Kingsley

Haring

Irving

Lee

Roberts

Frear

Wighton

subs: Stewart, White, Berra, Halliday, Boyce, Naismith, Gino

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Thought Police said:

I’ll take any win.

Maybe freshen up the team a bit? Wighton, Haring, Henderson, Ginelly should all start. A goal or two for Wighton would be a wee tonic. First 20 mins or so might be tough, but Robbie (and the coaches) will have them prepped to dust themselves off and push on. 

8 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Think there’ll be a few changes on Sat.  Good opportunity to make use of the squad and rest tired legs ahead of a busy Jan schedule. 

Gordon 

Smith

Halkett

Popescu 

Kingsley

Haring

Irving

Lee

Roberts

Frear

Wighton

subs: Stewart, White, Berra, Halliday, Boyce, Naismith, Gino

If Robbie put that team out I'd be fairly disappointed.

Just now, Busby8 said:

If Robbie put that team out I'd be fairly disappointed.

I get the point, but it’s a good chance for the fringe players to prove their worth before the transfer window opens.  

Just now, gashauskis9 said:

I get the point, but it’s a good chance for the fringe players to prove their worth before the transfer window opens.  

Agreed, but not at the risk of jeopardising 3 points.

That team would give us a 0-0 draw.

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I take it you didn't see his attempt at trying to mark Brown  when he won the header that led to their thrid goal ?

I thought he played ok compared to how he has done previously having said that though.

Just a pity Ginnelly hadn't taken one of the chances he had late on to win it before going to penalties.

I did.  He was marking Ajer then Brown appeared out of nowhere because Brown’s marker had lost him.  Given that Ajer is the bigger threat, I’m not sure what else Berra could have done.  It was poor marking as a defensive unit.

2 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Actually looking forward to this game off the cuff of the final. Straight back to winning ways :) 

Same. Can’t come round quick enough. 

7 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

I’d like to see a reaction from the players.  Dust ourselves down and give them a pummelling.

Hope so. They’ll all be gutted today but it’s up to the coaching team to lift them for Saturday. 

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

I did.  He was marking Ajer then Brown appeared out of nowhere because Brown’s marker had lost him.  Given that Ajer is the bigger threat, I’m not sure what else Berra could have done.  It was poor marking as a defensive unit.

It's very difficult with the giants they have in Ajer, Julien and Duffy all much bigger than our BIG PHYSICAL PLAYERS.

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

First and foremost its about getting the points imo

I'd happily settle for a narrow win. 

As others have suggested it could all be a bit flat on Saturday but we still have more than enough to get the three points. Another 6 goal jamboree would be nice but a solid 2-0, 2-1...seems more likely and would still get yesterday out of our system and reset our course for the title.

5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

COME ON THE HEARTS.

Also were back in the cup in januarys  draw 2nd round "   it all starts again'  try for our own 3 in a row,     onwards & upwards🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

26 minutes ago, luckydug said:

First and foremost its about getting the points imo

Agree. We need to be winning this league to hopefully be promoted next season.

As we saw from some of the results at the week-end with Arbroath and Alloa, there are no easy games in this league so we need to have our strongest possible team out there to try and win every game.

The lesson from yesterday is that we need to treat every opposing team with the same aggressive spirit that we showed yesterday in the 2nd half.   So against Ayr I hope we go out with that same mindset and carry that on in every fixture.  Thar's how successful teams operate.

This is where they need to show just how much character they have. They showed plenty yesterday and that is now the level for every game.

1 minute ago, David Black said:

This is where they need to show just how much character they have. They showed plenty yesterday and that is now the level for every game.

Absolutely. The team needs to believe in itself. 

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic