***Official Heart of Midlothian v Ayr United Thread***

GinRummy

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, JimmyCant said:

The level of performance is an indicator as to whether we’re getting out of this league as easily as it should be. When you’re conceding 3 goals to a tinpot team in a tinpot league you need to address it because there will undoubtedly be times we won’t score 5 in reply. Dundee and Dunfermline coming up soon. If we concede 3 to them were likely to lose both IMO.

We are not at top form have a few fixes to make, still early day's we will develop as we go along.

That is why i feel it is a godsend to be where we are, have time to create a football side worth watching in the SPL..

The teams we have played will not progress, we own this league and have the players right now to win it.

Once the celebrations die down , we then take the next step in the journey place in the top league again.

Everything is there for us , we have the right people to guide us to success

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

The level of performance is an indicator as to whether we’re getting out of this league as easily as it should be. When you’re conceding 3 goals to a tinpot team in a tinpot league you need to address it because there will undoubtedly be times we won’t score 5 in reply. Dundee and Dunfermline coming up soon. If we concede 3 to them were likely to lose both IMO.

Agree. 3 goals lost to the likes of Ayr United at home, fans or no fans, must be a tad concerning.

We haven't shown the same level of performance away from home in the league at all this season (nor in the LC) to be sure of scoring 3+ goals to get out of jail.

Just now, Cruyff said:

16 goals in the last 4 games. 

Played well in a Cup Final, Top of the League. 

Cannae really complain tbf. 

No complaints if we score so many going forward, but we won’t, we’ve not      Done it away from home and unfortunately they make us play games away from home. Conceding 3 to that mob is a flashing warning light for me if not for you.

10 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Kickback is our version of Arsenal Fan TV...you just hope to **** none of our players read it :laugh:

Personally I hope to **** none of our players and management think conceding 3 is fine cos we’ll score 5. In fact I’d bet my mortgage that Robbie, Halkett, Berra, Gordon, Naismith will be raging about it tomorrow morning. 

No complaints if we score so many going forward, but we won’t, we’ve not      Done it away from home and unfortunately they make us play games away from home. Conceding 3 to that mob is a flashing warning light for me if not for you.

Two of the goals we conceded were individual errors that shouldn't have happened and I doubt they will again. 

It's obvious though that we have an extra gear and find it if we need too. It was too easy for us v Ayr, we got sloppy. 

11 minutes ago, RoiK said:

Agree. 3 goals lost to the likes of Ayr United at home, fans or no fans, must be a tad concerning.

We haven't shown the same level of performance away from home in the league at all this season (nor in the LC) to be sure of scoring 3+ goals to get out of jail.

We haven’t lost three goals away from home either. So you can’t have it both ways. Not aimed at you but anyone would think that’s us guaranteed to lose 3 goals a game going by some comments. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We haven’t lost three goals away from home either. So you can’t have it both ways. Not aimed at you but anyone would think that’s us guaranteed to lose 3 goals a game going by some comments. 

And others think we’ll score 5 to mitigate losing 3 which of course we won’t always do. 

Its not rocket science. A goal conceded cancels out a goal scored. You add them up at the end and the team who scores the most and concedes the fewest, wins the points. It follows that if you only score 1 or 2, which is more common than scoring 5, You must concede 0 or 1 to win. The bedrock of winning regularly is not conceding at all.

Edited by JimmyCant

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

And others think we’ll score 5 to mitigate losing 3 which of course we won’t always do. 

Its not rocket science. A goal conceded cancels out a goal scored. You add them up at the end and the team who scores the most and concedes the fewest, wins the points. It follows that if you only score 1 or 2, which is more common than scoring 5, You must concede 0 or 1 to win. The bedrock of winning regularly is not conceding at all.

The good news is we are winning regularly.

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

The good news is we are winning regularly.

Yes we are for now. Conceding regularly is a warning sign though.

8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Sorry but the last paragraph began in such a condescending way I couldn’t carry on reading it. What I will say is we will neither score 5 or lose 3 in every game. Yesterday was just a freak result with obvious poor defending on both sides. Our defence will do enough this season though and I’ve no doubt Neilson knows the current centre half’s will not cut it next season. 

Edited by GinRummy

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 26/12/2020 at 17:01, Billy Hoyle said:

I said at the start both Roberts and Frear would get hooked. They are nowhere near good enough. Neilson must now realise this. 
Defensively nowhere near good enough also. 
Against any SPL team we lose today 

albeit we are unbeaten against the only 2 SPL teams we have played (over 240 fecking minutes) who are both top 4 teams 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

In the not too distant past I recall screams of “eye bleeding football” and proclamations from posters saying words to the effect:

I’d much rather watch us win games 3-2 or 5-3 than dull ground out 1 and 2 nil games

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sorry it the last paragraph began in such a condescending way I couldn’t carry on reading it. What I will say is we will neither score 5 or lose 3 in every game. Yesterday was just a freak result with obvious poor defending on both sides. Our defence will do enough this season though and I’ve no doubt Neilson knows the current centre half’s will not cut it next season. 

We will win this league in a canter, with or without a decent defence because none of the defences  are much cope, including ours. I actually think we’ll be involved in a lot of high scoring games this season.

One thing we can agree on is our centre backs are not good enough for next season. None of them

Edited by JimmyCant

We will win this league in a canter, with it without a decent defence because none of the defences  are much cope, including ours. I actually think we’ll be involved in a lot of high scoring games this season.

One thing we can agree on is our centre backs are not good enough for next season. None of them

Certainly agree with that. 

Need two top drawer centerhalfs. 

We will win this league in a canter, with it without a decent defence because none of the defences  are much cope, including ours. I actually think we’ll be involved in a lot of high scoring games this season.

Not nitpicking but if we changed to a back three then maybe Halkett could cut it. Seemed to do well with Livi. Can’t change  the entire style of play to suit one guy though. 

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

In the not too distant past I recall screams of “eye bleeding football” and proclamations from posters saying words to the effect:

I’d much rather watch us win games 3-2 or 5-3 than dull ground out 1 and 2 nil games

Were actually a half decent watchable and threatening team going forward when we get our arses out of first gear

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sorry but the last paragraph began in such a condescending way I couldn’t carry on reading it. What I will say is we will neither score 5 or lose 3 in every game. Yesterday was just a freak result with obvious poor defending on both sides. Our defence will do enough this season though and I’ve no doubt Neilson knows the current centre half’s will not cut it next season. 

That’s where I’m at. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Were actually a half decent watchable and threatening team going forward when we get our arses out of first gear

I agree - and I will admit it often takes half

time, a goal against us, or substitutions to get us going - although we have had a few good quick starts.

There is a positive about this (or 2): Robbie can and does change things when things aren’t clicking (most of his subs have positively influenced games this season when needed to) and the players aren’t lily liveried chickens this season.

Gimme an H...

Anyone able to tell me if we get proper highlights videos that aren't on heartstv? Just looking to see the goals from yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

There is a positive about this (or 2): Robbie can and does change things when things aren’t clicking (most of his subs have positively influenced games this season when needed to) and the players aren’t lily liveried chickens this season.

Agreed. He’s not as stubborn as he was or as stubborn as Levein was. If it’s not going great he’s generally changed it and improved things with subs and left plenty time to do it. Cup final was a superb example of that. He’s been badly let down by Frear and Roberts being shite (his signings outwith those 2 have been good)and by Haring and Ginelly not being fit enough(which probably cost us the cup)

11 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Regularly?

Define please.

Just count the clean sheets this season. Won’t take you very long.

Just count the clean sheets this season. Won’t take you very long.

Good job we are scoring “regularly”.

1 hour ago, Candy said:

Maybe.

My post was in response to one wondering why people fondly remembered  a game from 20 odd years ago which ended in the same result as yesterday. 

There are definitely  few positives to take from yesterday's game

Do you mean few positives or 'a few'?

I'd say 'a few ', though agree 97 side was better...

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We know we can quite comfortably outscore the opposition. Its as simple as that. 

Worth bearing in mind their 3rd goal was last kick from a mistake from possibly our most reliable player. 

We don't want to concede goals but it is an inevitable consequence of playing a more expansive game. 

Yesterday I'll throw in a cup hangover for them too.

Bad news for some,  going to be tough physically for the rest of the week,  except our squad to outperform the other side,  but mistakes will be part of the this coming week 

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Ah you’re like a rennie’s on Christmas Day. Well said. 

🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

What a lot of wind and pish on here.

Game lasts 90 minutes,  coming off the roller coaster of last Sunday,  quite some reaction to going 2 1 down. 

Folk really need to get a grip, blood pressure must be awful 

Well said...Infact said like a born n bred Jambo 😝

38 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

albeit we are unbeaten against the only 2 SPL teams we have played (over 240 fecking minutes) who are both top 4 teams 

Agreed. You can spin that both ways though and say we have not beat any of the 2 of them either. 
I think that was one of those games that we witnessed last year so many times. We took the lead but were wasteful and made lots of mistakes in the game and against better teams you get punished. We were much better after the two players went off who should never have been on in the first place and we done really well to turn it around in the end. 
I would also be delighted to win every game 5-3 but against better opponents we wouldn’t have won yesterday IMO.

48 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Why so negative and glass half empty though? We’ve been struggling for goals for two/three years we are now back when we go up a gear we can decimate a team in minutes. Last time we did that was under Robbie before imo.

46 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t know I think we scored some good goals , first aside.

Just now, sadj said:

I don’t know I think we scored some good goals , first aside.

No doubt about that. We’ll score plenty this season but I do expect us to grind out, for want of a better phrase, 2-0 wins rather than score 5 or 6 regularly. 

Bazzas right boot

The grindy results will be away from home. 

Shock, horror we will also lose a few. Folk will also greet on here if we win 1/2-0, many will bring out the boring chat about boring football, again. 

We are skelping teams at Tynecastle and imo will continue to do so. 6-2, 3-0, 4-0, 5-3 I don't really care, as long as we beat them. 

I want a Hamilton/ Ross County type at Tynecastle in the sc, we'll skelp them too. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣

Well said...Infact said like a born n bred Jambo 😝

Virgin birth me lol. Or milkman is a Jambo. 

Clear 5 inches taller than anyone else in the family  🤔

Byyy The Light
28 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Agreed. You can spin that both ways though and say we have not beat any of the 2 of them either. 
I think that was one of those games that we witnessed last year so many times. We took the lead but were wasteful and made lots of mistakes in the game and against better teams you get punished. We were much better after the two players went off who should never have been on in the first place and we done really well to turn it around in the end. 
I would also be delighted to win every game 5-3 but against better opponents we wouldn’t have won yesterday IMO.

And if your auntie had baws...

We won. On to the next game. Try and enjoy us getting a result instead of nit picking. Eventually you’ll be right and we’ll get beat and we’ll play crap. Well done you.  That’s part of being a Hearts fan.

Liverpool couldn’t beat West Brom today despite pumping Crystal Palace 7-0 last week.  

36 minutes ago, sadj said:

Why so negative and glass half empty though? We’ve been struggling for goals for two/three years we are now back when we go up a gear we can decimate a team in minutes. Last time we did that was under Robbie before imo.

There are 2 elements that most successful teams have.

1. They score goals (we tick that box)

2. They don’t concede goals (we don’t tick that box)

if it’s glass half full to want us to have both elements in place, particularly in this league then so be it, but it will need to be fixed sometime.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

No doubt about that. We’ll score plenty this season but I do expect us to grind out, for want of a better phrase, 2-0 wins rather than score 5 or 6 regularly. 

Agreed , can’t wait for the moaning after the 1-0 and 2-0s etc

47 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Virgin birth me lol. Or milkman is a Jambo. 

Clear 5 inches taller than anyone else in the family  🤔

Adopted is my guess , no Aberdonian is that tall naturally 🤣 Nae chance when you came around they had any outsiders up here 😝

23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

There are 2 elements that most successful teams have.

1. They score goals (we tick that box)

2. They don’t concede goals (we don’t tick that box)

if it’s glass half full to want us to have both elements in place, particularly in this league then so be it, but it will need to be fixed sometime.

Jesus dude , we scored five and got some entertainment. Is there things we need to sort , yup....but.... you learn something from every single game.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Jesus dude , we scored five and got some entertainment. Is there things we need to sort , yup....but.... you learn something from every single game.

Jesus Dude I’m only pointing out one element that has to be sorted and that we need to learn from 

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

And if your auntie had baws...

We won. On to the next game. Try and enjoy us getting a result instead of nit picking. Eventually you’ll be right and we’ll get beat and we’ll play crap. Well done you.  That’s part of being a Hearts fan.

Liverpool couldn’t beat West Brom today despite pumping Crystal Palace 7-0 last week.  

Well said , unfortunately this place gets worse. Rangers fans spit on you as you go to take corners , they throw things at you without worry if itll cut you open and I honestly think if I was still playing I’d rather go through that than be a Hearts player at Tynie these days. Some of our fans should be committed. 

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Not nitpicking but if we changed to a back three then maybe Halkett could cut it. Seemed to do well with Livi. Can’t change  the entire style of play to suit one guy though. 

It’s not a coincidence we have been particularly suspect at the back these last two seasons, granted we had a bad goalie last season, but Halkett is definitely a major factor in this too, he will probably manage this season but he and Berra should be nowhere near our back four next season, Unfortunately Souttars fitness can’t be relied upon either so a brand new central defence will be required 

Hopefully two with experience of Scottish/British style defending.

Absolutely no gambles or experiments 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Indeed, yesterday was entertaining as quite a few home games have been. nice to see is score a few goals again after such a dire few years. We’ve been poor a couple of times but hopefully the goal scoring will continue. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

It’s not a coincidence we have been particularly suspect at the back these last two seasons, granted we had a bad goalie last season, but Halkett is definitely a major factor in this too, he will probably manage this season but he and Berra should be nowhere near our back four next season, Unfortunately Souttars fitness can’t be relied upon either so a brand new central defence will be required 

Definitely two new CHs if we want to play on the front foot. 

37 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

We were 2-1 down with 20 minutes to play and turned that into being 5-2 up before losing a late goal you absolute loonies😂. This place is mental😀

Isnt it just 🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Gimme an H... said:

Anyone able to tell me if we get proper highlights videos that aren't on heartstv? Just looking to see the goals from yesterday. 

Just the goals in this tweet video:

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, Billy Hoyle said:

It’s not Spin mate. We are unbeaten in footballing terms in two massive games against top 4 SPL teams. That’s more than decent for a Championship team.

33 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Yet Halkett was tight as a nut at Livingston that were difficult as hell to beat/score

against.

Considered a great signing and potential

Scotland player when we signed him.

our best pairing is Halkett and Souttar but we have barely seen it.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It’s not Spin mate. We are unbeaten in footballing terms in two massive games against top 4 SPL teams. That’s more than decent for a Championship team.

Yet Halkett was tight as a nut at Livingston that were difficult as hell to beat/score

against.

Considered a great signing and potential

Scotland player when we signed him.

our best pairing is Halkett and Souttar but we have barely seen it.

Halkett is better in a three sitting on the edge of his own box, he and Souttar were awful together. He is deathly slow. 
As for a cap that’s a long way off. We will need two CHs next season to compete at the right end of the table. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

the thing is this site was originally about Hearts supporters supporting Hearts. It’s now changed into a place for an online pagger populated by bell-ends😀

I’ll give you that BB 👏🏻

watching Wighton, with clips like this recently got me thinking,maybe a pagger is what he needs? I don’t know him personally but when watching ,it looks like he could do with a few nights out in the real world, see what life’s about etc,I don’t mean Gazza with fivebellies,but something similar...him,a couple of mates and someone trusted overseeing things to have a few bevvies a couple of times a week [forget the gym nights] and feel life’s ok pissing people off now and then with charm and arrogance, he looks so short on confidence,although scoring just lacking the step up and progressing to the next level ,I wouldn’t mind putting a few quid in to the said confidence nights out🍺 thoughts?

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Halkett is better in a three sitting on the edge of his own box, he and Souttar were awful together. He is deathly slow. 
As for a cap that’s a long way off. We will need two CHs next season to compete at the right end of the table. 

For me it looks now like Declan Gallagher was the lynchpin of that Livvy defence 

Halkett is not a top end central defender who can be relied upon

makes far too many errors and lacks concentration, he will probably suffice this season, but not going forward into next season

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic