***Official Heart of Midlothian v Ayr United Thread***

GinRummy

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

TBF Stendel never lost three goals to a side like Ayr 😂

Wasn't meant as a dig at Daniel to be fair just the Phoodle merchants.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

I'd rather win 5-3 every week than 1-0 but aye, losing 3 at home to Ayr is a bit mad. 

Losing three comedy goals maybe but ach its Christmas got to entertain the fans. Besides we get the lunatics on here calling for murder to be done when we pass it out of play so 3 goals and 2-1 down gives them their weekly boner

Just now, Billy Hoyle said:

I said at the start both Roberts and Frear would get hooked. They are nowhere near good enough. Neilson must now realise this. 
Defensively nowhere near good enough also. 
Against any SPL team we lose today 

Against any SPL team we lose? You really talk a lot of shite Billy 🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Have a good evening JKB, ya ****ing maddo's.

Laters.

:lol:

Its hilarious but man its more draining than my neighbour some of the shite they talk

3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

What does Roberts offer?

Was just thinking the same. 

For a long time I’ve always thought he looked like he’s playing at about 20% capacity and you’re just waiting for him to burst into life.

Now it’s almost January, I realise he doesn’t have any other gears. He just jogs about. Looks like he can’t be arsed taking on a man or just can’t be arsed in general. 

1 minute ago, Billy Hoyle said:

I said at the start both Roberts and Frear would get hooked. They are nowhere near good enough. Neilson must now realise this. 
Defensively nowhere near good enough also. 
Against any SPL team we lose today 

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

No we sometimes score 6. Cheer up. It's Xmas, we're three points clear at the top of the league.

I’m happy enough pal, it’s just important to keep standards up and target where we can improve. Pleased with the strength of character Wighton showed today. HHGH

At 1-2 down to win 5-3 is great.

Need to sort out the silly mistakes but we are scoring regularly at the moment. We struggled to do that last season.

Happy with the win. Thanks Hearts 🍾👍 Merry Xmas.

3 hours ago, John Rambo said:

As it is my Birthday today, yes it wasn't too good last year, I'm going for 8 nil. May be wrong but I will have the pies, bovril, beer, wine and whisky on the go. Beer and nip per goal......so long as we win it will be a great day. #HHGH

OK....sho I wiz rang.....ssshtill 8 goals...we wun on ma Birthdee....an I'v had a wee drink...on to next game.......

Gorgie Boot boy
10 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Losing 3 goals at home is not acceptable 

You forgot to mention.

3 at Hampden.

Hey who cares, 3 points n the bag.

17 hours ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Prediction..

Hearts to win by 3.

@Bongo 1874 to have mentioned Daniel Stendel at least 6 times by 5:15pm.

Not as easy as you thought it would be? Bet your pants went brown when Ayr scored the 2nd 😂😂

Great three points but it took them to score two goals for us to get our fingers out our backsides. 

Quick summary from me...1st half tippy-tappy, side to side stuff again, free kick that their keeper should've dealt with in reality but we'll take it. 2nd half, they opened up (they had to, they had already lost), we lose two goals through poor game management, the kick up the arse that was needed. Go on to score four then back to side to side stuff, then they score through poor defending once more. The sloppiness needs to stop. 

Pasquale for King

Great response to going behind, good  subs too as the two wide men did nothing the entire time they were on. 
Defence was slack but the weather would’ve played a part in that. 
As they said in commentary we were better when the real captain came on. On to Tuesday with lessons learned. 

Brighton Jambo
12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Why Bawz ? 

Who cares. It's of no relevance to us.

Sorry but that’s nonsense.  With everything that is happening with Covid the bigger the gap and the sooner we wrap up the league helps mitigate against anything unpredictable as a result of leagues being called early or voided.  

5 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

of course an idiot like you will come out with this...

The issue is that we are letting in 3 goals to a poor Ayr side. It’s a very poor defensive performance. Another game and we repeat that, let in 3, and we wont win because we won’t score 5 every game

The second goal was a worldie the boys never scored a goal like that, next the 3RD goal Smith is IMHO the bst player at Hearts and he made a mistake, get a grip.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not as easy as you thought it would be? Bet your pants went brown when Ayr scored the 2nd 😂😂

tbf it was pretty easy.. we got very complacent at time but I think ayr scored with all of their efforts 😆

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Just a win was needed today to just get over the cup final.  Job Done

move on

Correct. A psychological banana skin safely negotiated but feck me our tempo is like treacle pouring sometimes. Another chance on Tuesday to rack a score up and Dunfermline away to ICT so hopefully a bit more daylight will appear.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Sorry but that’s nonsense.  With everything that is happening with Covid the bigger the gap and the sooner we wrap up the league helps mitigate against anything unpredictable as a result of leagues being called early or voided.  

You get the exact same three points for a win.

Cover your face up.

And he’s not praying!
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Whereas you’d have been loving it.

Hearts supporter my hoop.

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Roberts offers something.

Frear is pretty poor. Said a while ago I prefer White over him atm on the left, he offers little. Berra offered more.....

What does he offer? Maybe the guys a good painter and decorator but has shown absolutely nil to date, nothing, zilch

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

of course an idiot like you will come out with this...

The issue is that we are letting in 3 goals to a poor Ayr side. It’s a very poor defensive performance. Another game and we repeat that, let in 3, and we wont win because we won’t score 5 every game

calm doon mate, defence needs improved no doubt but never in a million years did Ayr deserve to score 3 .. 

I think our goal scoring change was less to do with the individual players and more to do with the structure of the team. With 2 wingers on and just Boyce up front we didn't have anyone to pass to through the centre, so just kept going wide all the time. Frear and Roberts played some decent balls in, but when they were replaced by Naismith and Wighton we suddenly had a lot more options through the middle. With Kingsley and Berra doing a wingers job getting balls into the box we actually had players there to get on the end of them. Good use of subs by Robbie, but to blame our earlier problems in creating chances on Frear and Roberts is a bit unfair on them.

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Was just thinking the same. 

For a long time I’ve always thought he looked like he’s playing at about 20% capacity and you’re just waiting for him to burst into life.

Now it’s almost January, I realise he doesn’t have any other gears. He just jogs about. Looks like he can’t be arsed taking on a man or just can’t be arsed in general. 

Exactly, the first 5 mins rather than fight to win the ball back he done 2 stupid wee pushes on their players because he didn’t have the heart to put in a challenge.

I honestly can’t remember him taking on and beating a man since he signed for us!! 
up there with some of the worst players I’ve witnessed pull on a hearts jersey.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

tbf it was pretty easy.. we got very complacent at time but I think ayr scored with all of their efforts 😆

Let's get this straight in our team today we have Scotlands backup goalkeeper, and Scotlands best pressing forward. 

And we won 5-3. 

19 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Conceding three at Tynecastle is not acceptable. 

It'll always be acceptable to me if we are scoring 5.

Brighton Jambo
3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

You get the exact same three points for a win.

Cover your face up.

My post was in relation to Dunfermline not dropping points so away you go.  

And he’s not praying!
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Let's get this straight in our team today we have Scotlands backup goalkeeper, and Scotlands best pressing forward. 

And we won 5-3. 

You’re absolutely choking on Hearts failing under Neilson. Just be up front about it.

Why you’re tolerated is beyond me.

Huge disappointment last Sunday

Atrocious conditions today

Went behind against the run of play

Thought ‘**** this’ and popped another 4 past them

Another 3 points & scoring at will in the second half.

People still moaning.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

And we won 5-3. 

And? A fairer reflection would have been 6-1 but sometimes you don’t get the luck. Ayr were never really in the game were they. 

ps - Scotland’s best pressing forward ? Really - I like Boyce but get a grip mate. 

Edited by kingantti1874

8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If they follow the same lines as last season the size of the gap is immaterial.

7 minutes ago, bawheed said:

The second goal was a worldie the boys never scored a goal like that, next the 3RD goal Smith is IMHO the bst player at Hearts and he made a mistake, get a grip.

I’ll stick to my view ta, poor defensive performance and needs to improve 

6 minutes ago, gedster said:

What does he offer? Maybe the guys a good painter and decorator but has shown absolutely nil to date, nothing, zilch

They were both poor. If I had to pick Roberts or Frear today I’d go with wighton. 

SectionDJambo

Strange how a good response to a setback in the second half, to win the game fairly easily, and have almost everyone happy, turns into angst about still winning the game fairly easily, all due to a bad mistake at the back allowing another consolation goal for the opposition.

Thank goodness there weren’t fans in the ground today. When they went 2-1 up, many of the Hearts fans would have been on the team’s back, probably making our team too nervous to just up their game to win.

On another note, great to see Kingsley and Wighton score, and make contributions to our win, after their disappointments last week.

Oh look, here’s bongo putting a negative slant on matters. Of course had we ever won 5-3 under Stendel (stop laughing at the back) it would be hugely entertaining stuff.

Starting to seriously doubt he’s Hearts, tbh. 

Edited by Whatever

Just now, And he’s not praying! said:

You’re absolutely choking on Hearts failing under Neilson. Just be up front about it.

Why you’re tolerated is beyond me.

No we won today against a team, that we are far superior than and shouldn't even concede a goal, against crap like that but managed to concede not 1 not 2 but 3 goals 🤔 sorry if I'm a tad worried about my team conceding three goals against the mighty ayr, if it had been against rangers or celtic i could see your point 👍

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

And? A fairer reflection would have been 6-1 but sometimes you don’t get the luck. Ayr were never really in the game were they. 

ps - Scotland’s best pressing forward ? Really - I like Boyce but get a grip mate. 

No naismith. 

kingantti1874

Hello darkness my old friend- I swear folk on here prefer misery, actively want hearts to lose just so that they look right.

It’s soul destroying 😂

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Oh look, here’s bongo putting a negative slant on matters. Of course had we ever won 5-3 under Stendel (stop laughing at the back) it would be hugely entertaining stuff.

Starting to seriously doubt he’s Hearts, tbh. 

TBF to Stendel he never lost three goals to side's as pish as ayr. 

9 minutes ago, tynewater said:

I think our goal scoring change was less to do with the individual players and more to do with the structure of the team. With 2 wingers on and just Boyce up front we didn't have anyone to pass to through the centre, so just kept going wide all the time. Frear and Roberts played some decent balls in, but when they were replaced by Naismith and Wighton we suddenly had a lot more options through the middle. With Kingsley and Berra doing a wingers job getting balls into the box we actually had players there to get on the end of them. Good use of subs by Robbie, but to blame our earlier problems in creating chances on Frear and Roberts is a bit unfair on them.

They are simply not good enough. 

3 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Huge disappointment last Sunday

Atrocious conditions today

Went behind against the run of play

Thought ‘**** this’ and popped another 4 past them

Another 3 points & scoring at will in the second half.

People still moaning.

:spoton:

Summed up my thoughts for me.

Ropey at points but maybe expected after last week. Overall thought we played well but too pedestrian at our poorest, but when we upped it and started direct attacking running and fast passing we were way way Way ahead of Ayr and everything else in this league. Some impressive performances (Wighton in particular) , some quietly impressive (Halliday and Lee come to mind) and some who have hopefully blown their last chance. All of this before even factoring in the horrendous weather and really poor pitch.

All in all very happy with the result but still much room for improvement. 

And he’s not praying!
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No we won today against a team, that we are far superior than and shouldn't even concede a goal, against crap like that but managed to concede not 1 not 2 but 3 goals 🤔 sorry if I'm a tad worried about my team conceding three goals against the mighty ayr, if it had been against rangers or celtic i could see your point 👍

Well in part due to that fraud you adore, we are where we are and we’re playing who we’re playing.

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

First goal was unacceptable. Second was the best goal the guy will score in his life and Gordon won’t be beat at that angle again all season. Third was a mistake, they happen to every side in the world. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, tynewater said:

It’s a fair point, you can only blame the person that picked the team for that, or Lee and Halliday who were largely anonymous before the changes and didn’t get forward enough. Roberts in particular has ability, speed, height and physique but doesn’t produce. Frear is quick and can cross but again doesn’t really produce but as you say it’s not easy with little to cross too. 

14 minutes ago, sadj said:

Against any SPL team we lose? You really talk a lot of shite Billy 🤣🤣🤣

Its hilarious but man its more draining than my neighbour some of the shite they talk

Did I say both would get subbed for being pish. Or was that shite too??? 

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic