***Official Heart of Midlothian v Ayr United Thread***

GinRummy

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Stop posting videos of a relegation failure team. Both managers last season failed abjectly and we’ve now moved on 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

As stated I support Robbie and was delighted when he came back, What I can't stand is this incarnation of Robbie. Last time we were in the Championship Sevco were the team to beat and teams stepped up, that left Robbie free to attack and score goals, walking a league with Sevco and the Caravan dwellers. Why can't he adopt the same mentality this time? Playing ONE up against Ayr ? FFS!   Passing the ball aimlessly around the defense means you are liable to make a mistake and that's what happened here.

We are all happy if not slight relieved we won but why did they not play like this from the KO? Why did it take going behind before they even tried?

Surely it clear to every member of this team we have to be top and by a margin on the off chance the league gets called early?

Surely they can all see why it's important to win games and by a big a goal difference as possible.

Fine we won but we made it hard on ourselves and by tippy tapping the ball around the backs we fell for the sucker punch, fortunately it didn't change anything but that doesn't mean it won't in other games.

So onwards and upwards and hopefully Robbie can see the frailties of not getting stuck in and hammering every team in this league. Ok we won't win every game but we have to show some fire and aptitude. 

I think in reality we can’t play the way he wanted us to because his wide/pacey players haven’t panned out to plan - whether through injury or being pish.

Im not sure if these players were recommended, Robbie targets or whatever - apparently we were interested in Frear previously.

There appears a better than 50/50 chance that savage will start to help sort this out.

My main gripe is that Robbie has almost totally ditched the young players when others have clearly been off the pace and he’s had the chance to play them. As has been said it’s the effing Championship and Henderson and Moore have proved under Stendel that they have more to give in attack than Frear and Roberts.

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think in reality we can’t play the way he wanted us to because his wide/pacey players haven’t panned out to plan - whether through injury or being pish.

Im not sure if these players were recommended, Robbie targets or whatever - apparently we were interested in Frear previously.

There appears a better than 50/50 chance that savage will start to help sort this out.

My main gripe is that Robbie has almost totally ditched the young players when others have clearly been off the pace and he’s had the chance to play them. As has been said it’s the effing Championship and Henderson and Moore have proved under Stendel that they have more to give in attack than Frear and Roberts.

Correct 👍

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Bin both Roberts and Frear. Another winger,needed not Walker. A strong aggressive fwd would be good. Get rid of Damour at whatever cost. Walker could go i wouldn't care. Extend Kingsley, Irving, Ginnelly and Smith.  Job done.

All fair points.
The central halves we have at the club aren’t able to play in back four in the top league, a new pairing or as good a CH as we can afford will be required next season if we want to challenge at the top end of the league. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Hmm OK then 🤔

You are allowed your opinion and I’m allowed mines. But you are so negative towards this current side it’s unbelievable.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Bongo singlehandedly makes reading this forum a complete and utter chore.

You watch the match and then come on to read about what you thought was an entertaining game, especially so given the conditions and what happened six days ago, and you need to wade through pages of anti Neilson drivel by the same poster.

Yet it’s tolerated/encouraged.

This is meant to be a pro Hearts forum. If I wanted to read about someone hating Neilson every week, I’d go to Hibs.net.

Do they hate him?

7 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

We came from 2 down against the might of Hamilton to get a draw last season.

After they had a man sent off 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Berra knows what it is all about, for the reasons why we are in the Championship, he deserves to play for us.

His style is being tweaked to suit how we want to play, he is enjoying football .

Players are playing wit the aid of injections, some of our newer players are not used to everything that is going on around us and the climate.

Covid is also making it hard for them to visit family members, some are way of the boil.

So much going on these days, we win the game and show a togetherness to get the three points.

Score one more than the others Lazlo

Berra is one of the reasons we are in the Championship, as for the climate the new guys aren’t from Hawaii and have played in Scotland before. 

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

You are allowed your opinion and I’m allowed mines. But you are so negative towards this current side it’s unbelievable.

If you think Berra is the answer then fine. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Do they hate him?

Being a Hearts manager that just pumped them out the Scottish cup semi, I’d assume so. 

Unless they’re one of the brain dead type that somehow hold him in high regard/responsible for a result over 4 years ago.

Let’s be honest, only a complete and utter tit would do so.

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok three points and a win is a win. I am a big supporter of Robbie but he needs to answer some serious questions.

First off why do we give these teams so much respect?

Why do we play one up front against these teams?

Why do we tippy tappy around the back with no forward movement?

Why does it take going behind for these players to up their game?

I don't give a sook about a tough game last week, they are professional athletes and should try doing a shift down a pit to see what hard work means. 

What pit where no coal mines in Scotland?

Pasquale for King
Just now, GinRummy said:

Ooft 😮

I think he’s got more support down there than he has here 😆, won as many TrOphieS 😱 tHat  some ****ing twat on here cheered them on to win. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

After they had a man sent off 

Suppose it could be worse you could celebrate getting to pens by fist pumping with having an extra man, only for your side to lose on pens. 

Jesus ******* Christ, man.

'Hearts' fans pretty much openly willing our current manager to fail, especially when he's hardly done a thing wrong, while trying to justify their stauners for a guy who came in and failed miserably. Throw in the odd one still yapping on about CL 😂😂

Edited by CloustonHMFC

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Every thread 😆, glad you love a guy that’s cost us millions and has us in this ****ing league. A natural thriving Fife *****, who like you can go **** himself 🖕🏾

Every thread, Rent free, you need help tbh.

Over a year later, match day thread v Ayr and you are launching slaver balloons about CL as per....

You're some cookie.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, The Roller said:

Being a Hearts manager that just pumped them out the Scottish cup semi, I’d assume so. 

Unless they’re one of the brain dead type that somehow hold him in high regard/responsible for a result over 4 years ago.

Let’s be honest, only a complete and utter tit would do so.

Well they are Hibs fans, I don’t know that many but I think that result that SRB cheered them on to win was quite a big thing for them? It stopped them going on about something that happened in 1973 so it might be popular down there for a while yet, that’s what happens when you win the big cup once every century of your miserable existence. 

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If you think Berra is the answer then fine. 

Can you quote anywhere were I said that, thanks in advance.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Berra is one of the reasons we are in the Championship, as for the climate the new guys aren’t from Hawaii and have played in Scotland before. 

I was just about to make this point - Frear and Roberts have played up here before - they shouldn’t have needed anytime to adjust. 

On that basis it’s hard to criticise the theory or basis of the signings - as with Popescu - they should all have been up to speed

and pissing the Championship from the start, even if they were just here for a year.

Should have been safe signings - in that respect I don’t blame Robbie for signing them. He has to now see, however, that the wingers at least bring nothing and I will start to question Neilson a bit if they are still hanging around the team moving forward - subject to injuries and Covid outbreaks.

13 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

so true

18Jambo_dave74
Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

'Hearts' fans pretty much openly willing our current manager to fail, especially when he's hardly done a thing wrong, while trying to justify their stauners for a guy who came in failed miserably. Throw the odd one still yapping on about CL 😂😂

Spot on. Funny that everyone else can see it as well.

Suppose it stands out when you say things like Chris Hamilton (who is on loan at Dumbarton) should be playing for us at centre back. Or when you seem to hold it against Neilson for not beating Hibs in the semi in 90 mins. Or when you make comments about Neilson in a match between St Mirren and Dundee Utd that had absolutely no relevance to Hearts etc etc...

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I was just about to make this point - Frear and Roberts have played up here before - they shouldn’t have needed anytime to adjust. 

On that basis it’s hard to criticise the theory or basis of the signings - as with Popescu - they should all have been up to speed

and pissing the Championship from the start, even if they were just here for a year.

Should have been safe signings - in that respect I don’t blame Robbie for signing them. He has to now see, however, that the wingers at least bring nothing and I will start to question Neilson a bit if they are still hanging around the team moving forward - subject to injuries and Covid outbreaks.

Yeah it was a surprise to see both start today, considering we only really started playing when they went off. Frear is only here to the summer, Roberts will need to produce much more if he is to play at all in the next 18 months. They would both be targeted for abuse if fans were at games, rightly or wrongly. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

'Hearts' fans pretty much openly willing our current manager to fail, especially when he's hardly done a thing wrong, while trying to justify their stauners for a guy who came in and failed miserably. Throw in the odd one still yapping on about CL 😂😂

Good Summary.

These "fans" have put themselves in a awkward situation tho.

They can't enjoy any good moments that come our way as they don't like Robbie and if we are doing well it goes against their beliefs or opinion on him and us doing well undermines any points they may be making.

They also only feel their stance is justified when we lose or play bad, so by default are only correct when we are poor, so although they maybe don't want us to lose, they are in the position of us having to play bad or lose to justify their stance on the above and for them to be correct.

What a way to support your club and go about life in general!

The Stendel love in by some, a guy who taken us from second bottom to bottom is astounding ( I did like him)but the credit or plaudits he gets is remarkable, and the folk that keep on mentioning CL, need help-  he left the managers job 14 months ago.

2 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Spot on. Funny that everyone else can see it as well.

Suppose it stands out when you say things like Chris Hamilton (who is on loan at Dumbarton) should be playing for us at centre back. Or when you seem to hold it against Neilson for not beating Hibs in the semi in 90 mins. Or when you make comments about Neilson in a match between St Mirren and Dundee Utd that had absolutely no relevance to Hearts etc etc...

Tell me could Chris Hamilton not do the same job Berra is doing just now? Or Popescu? 

Or would that be Frear, Roberts, Popescu, all shite?. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well they are Hibs fans, I don’t know that many but I think that result that SRB cheered them on to win was quite a big thing for them? It stopped them going on about something that happened in 1973 so it might be popular down there for a while yet, that’s what happens when you win the big cup once every century of your miserable existence. 

"cheered them on..."

Don't be a wee liar now.

No one likes a liar.

37 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Every club tries it and mostly fails. We’ve had Hickey and irving plus a few minor players in recent years and a few promising ones in the pipeline, it’s as good as it gets for most clubs. 

Too costly. That sort of running costs should bring in the best players outside of the old firm. Let others do the developing for a change. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah it was a surprise to see both start today, considering we only really started playing when they went off. Frear is only here to the summer, Roberts will need to produce much more if he is to play at all in the next 18 months. They would both be targeted for abuse if fans were at games, rightly or wrongly. 

Frear and Roberts have been dreadful signings but it is not just their lack of football ability. 

The two of them looking ****** petrified at times and can be at best described as chicken hearted. 

They have had so many chances now and I don't expect them to be involved much for the rest of the season especially if another wide man comes in 

Gorgie Boot boy
19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The main reason w we are in the Championship is because we have been and maybe still are shite.

CVollectively there are still other players who can also be blamed for where we are.

Other people have aided in our demise, Not the weather climate, i.e the against us climate.

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Frear and Roberts have been dreadful signings but it is not just their lack of football ability. 

The two of them looking ****** petrified at times and can be at best described as chicken hearted. 

They have had so many chances now and I don't expect them to be involved much for the rest of the season especially if another wide man comes in 

Scaredies 😁

31 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Neilson is here ONLY because he is a safe pair of hands who has pished this league twice with 2 different teams. So far, with a couple of blips he’s done everything expected of him and I have no doubt we’ll win this league by a distance.

My doubts come into play if he is still in place next season. Which of course is a given if he gets us up with ease. I don’t trust him tactically and I don’t trust his recruitment record. Assuming Savage is there to take the recruitment burden and provide a different kind of team, that still leaves Robbie having to find his baws away from home.

No point worrying about it too much till August next year really and he can’t really be faulted for his results so far this season if you accept that there are massive underlying shortcomings that need fixed before then.

Edited by JimmyCant

18Jambo_dave74
11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Tell me could Chris Hamilton not do the same job Berra is doing just now? Or Popescu? 

Or would that be Frear, Roberts, Popescu, all shite?. 

No, Chris Hamilton could not do the same job. Probably the reason he is playing in midfield for Dumbarton - who are 7th in League one. 

Losing the three goals cheaply was disappointing but the way the Manager and Team reacted was pleasing. We have firepower when we choose to use it.

I blame Craig Levein, Austin MacPhee, John Daly, Liam Fox, John Murray, Glenn Whelan, Joel Periera and probably more.

Christophe Berra was rushed back and almost all fans universally agree he'll do a job this season and should probably move on next season...or so I thought 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Agreed but we haven’t even played ten games yet and the situation is as bad as it’s been since April.  The sooner we wrap this up the better.   Celtic will be lobbying hard to void the league and they usually get what they want.  

We can't wrap it up sooner, if we're ahead on goal difference when/if the league is called then going by last year that would be enough.

35 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

He's just unbelievably tedious, I'm hitting the ignore button.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The main reason w we are in the Championship is because we have been and maybe still are shite.

CVollectively there are still other players who can also be blamed for where we are.

Other people have aided in our demise, Not the weather climate, i.e the against us climate.

Yeah sorry I got that after I posted. 
He was Captain of the team that was bottom of the league, had last payed poorly too. Having said that his partner today gets away with murder and actually looks worse than Berra in a back four. 
I think Berra is finished at the top level but could play at this level for years yet. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was given another year though. 
He’s only part of why we are where we are, which ultimately was the decision you were on about. 

😂 this thread.

We have so many attention seekers on here. I honestly think some just post things to get a response. One guy spouting absolute pish is getting attention and 3/4 others now trying to jump on his coat tails 😂.

Absolutely bizarre behaviour. 

We won today and scored 5 goals. If we lose on Tuesday or the week after and you want to have a moan, then fine.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Let’s hope Ginnelly can get fit and these two aren’t involved much. Henderson and Moore aren’t great but at least they give you effort. Managers have to play their signings usually. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah sorry I got that after I posted. 
He was Captain of the team that was bottom of the league, had last payed poorly too. Having said that his partner today gets away with murder and actually looks worse than Berra in a back four. 
I think Berra is finished at the top level but could play at this level for years yet. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was given another year though. 
He’s only part of why we are where we are, which ultimately was the decision you were on about. 

At this moment he deserves to play, he would of been punted well before now if it was up to me.

He is not a player i would want to be around when we go up to the SPL, the Scottish cup aye and he scores the winner.

Then he can **** off, make way for the SPL assault.

Two quality Center half's would be the ideal fix, Berra and Halkett relieved of their places.

Halkett survives the cull as he offers a lot further up the field.

48 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

He’s not good enough and never will be.

He's also not ear marked as a CB.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

No, Chris Hamilton could not do the same job. Probably the reason he is playing in midfield for Dumbarton - who are 7th in League one. 

He will never play for us at CH on a regular basis, I said it in the summer and he was compared to some of the best CHs ever to play and that RN would give him a chance. We signed Popescu who was described by his clubs fans as the worst player they’d ever seen, but loved by St Midden. Hamilton was shipped out in loan with the specific orders by RN to learn to play CM as he won’t play CH for us. 

38 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Every thread, Rent free, you need help tbh.

Over a year later, match day thread v Ayr and you are launching slaver balloons about CL as per....

You're some cookie.

And you are remarkable, still using Levein gifs after that man totally mismanaged the club, screwed everything up, and led us to where we are in the 2nd tier. You were still supporting him up to when he was removed and clearly still support him even now. Why should I be surprised though, a supposed hearts fan who says hubz winning the 2016 cup was “a decent result”??? Like feck it was

Edited by HMFC 86

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

At this moment he deserves to play, he would of been punted well before now if it was up to me.

He is not a player i would want to be around when we go up to the SPL, the Scottish cup aye and he scores the winner.

Then he can **** off, make way for the SPL assault.

Two quality Center half's would be the ideal fix, Berra and Halkett relieved of their places.

Halkett survives the cull as he offers a lot further up the field.

Berra is currently our best CH no doubt about that, Halkett was our top goal scorer last season and got an easy ride because of that, hasn’t looked as dangerous in the opposition box though. 

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He's also not ear marked as a CB.

Why let an inconvenient truth like that get in the way of Bongo criticising Neilson?

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Berra is currently our best CH no doubt about that, Halkett was our top goal scorer last season and got an easy ride because of that, hasn’t looked as dangerous in the opposition box though. 

I have found it strange that Craig has a huge threat in the air and has natural finishing ability tucking away off the instep.

As a CH, is strong dependable fights hard, shite though really. Scores goals at both ends.

He stays in the SPL squad , re wired as a striker . Or gone.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
22 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Neilson is here ONLY because he is a safe pair of hands who has pished this league twice with 2 different teams. So far, with a couple of blips he’s done everything expected of him and I have no doubt we’ll win this league by a distance.

My doubts come into play if he is still in place next season. Which of course is a given if he gets us up with ease. I don’t trust him tactically and I don’t trust his recruitment record. Assuming Savage is there to take the recruitment burden and provide a different kind of team, that still leaves Robbie having to find his baws away from home.

No point worrying about it too much till August next year really and he can’t really be faulted for his results so far this season if you accept that there are massive underlying shortcomings that need fixed before then.

when in the SPL last time people kept saying the same thing - constant moaning that we were heading into the bottom 6, both seasons.

it never transpired and we had just started to properly click when he left when we were in second, yes with more games played but  our last two games under him playing cracking football (but people were still moaning). 

4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I have found it strange that Craig has a huge threat in the air and has natural finishing ability tucking away off the instep.

As a CH, is strong dependable fights hard, shite though really. Scores goals at both ends.

He stays in the SPL squad , re wired as a striker . Or gone.

He plays in a back three or look for someone to replace him. He’s out of position too often and error prone. As much as I want him to succeed he won’t cut the mustard in the top flight. 

Berra shouldn’t be a starter next season either. 

Edited by GinRummy

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic