January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Just now, Cheile said:

No offers for Damour yet? Still a few hours to go, fingers crossed.

Scary if there is anyone out there that mad to bid for him.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sounds a promising signing Aaron McEneff.   Can't wait to see his debut match, see what he offers.   Congrats to Savage for getting his signing target and Hearts for pushing the deal through.

Brilliant getting  Gerwane in as well.   Here's hoping we can up the tempo now.   

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window (Aaron McEneff signs )
Just now, Hearts007 said:

ok..mate knows someone  on coaching staff at St Midden who told him Berra was a possibility

I'd be surprised. That lot have been doing a lot better in recent times with the defence they've got. I can't see what benefit signing Berra would be to them. 

Tokyo Drifter
10 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Not wanting to get carried away but could mceneff be the next paul Hartley 👀

Or the next Bobby Burns?

Fitzroy Pointon

Anyone who fancies a wee laugh should have a look at Shamrock Rovers post on their FB page.  A few golden nuggets from their fans :laugh2:

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

they play summer football 

Correct. They finish mid December and start again mid February. He may have done a part pre-season by now

Bazzas right boot

Welcome Aaron!

Colin Cameron, Hartley... nae pressure young man!

10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Some absolutely shambolic defending/pressing from the opposition in that video and he is getting an incredible amount of time on the ball which he won't get here, but never the less he looks a standout player in that league and he looks like the sort of energetic/"dynamo" type player who could do well for us.

Tbf you do get a lot of time in this league... and the defending GK in most games has bee shite.

Should let him bed in for next season when it will be tighter and more difficult.

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

I'm hearing he is trying to push through a move to Sheff Utd rather than Birmingham City. Hope no one pays over the top for the hibs wank!

🤣 Do teams in England not watch Hibs )and Aberdeen) games? He's a poor man's Jim Hamilton.

Either way he's finished at Hibs and they now only have Doidge and Gullan up front, and about 100 midfielders.

Hackney Hearts
11 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

ok..mate knows someone  on coaching staff at St Midden who told him Berra was a possibility

May have misheard - might have been liability?

(sorry Christophe :wink:)

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I'd be surprised. That lot have been doing a lot better in recent times with the defence they've got. I can't see what benefit signing Berra would be to them. 

just read Goodwin looking for another defender

rudi must stay

Both terrific deals. The Dutch guy looks very good and I hope does enough to secure a permanent deal. The more pace in the team the better 

3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Maybe it's their way of apologising to us for them being dicks.

15 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Key comment for me re McEneff is ‘he’s really energetic’ - energy is something we so often lack.

I keep saying it tempo and intensity are key to winning games. 

Sounds like a Colin Cameron type - here’s hoping. 

High energy - music to my ears after quite a few sluggish performances with little movement this season.    Here's hoping he's a genuine box to box player - been needing that for quite some time.   Really please so far today and would love to see a new CB come in too.   Well played so far Hearts!

22 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yeah along the lines of what I'd heard this morning. I'm hoping for the CB come to fruition.

Who’s the cb? 

manaliveits105
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

BBC really on the ball wth the latest developments  - https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/55892791. Nothing about our signings

Yesterday their bit on signings in the Premier they went on about Hibs doing shrewd business - Im sure its a vermin tramp sitting in his strip who does their updates 

3 hours ago, indianajones said:

We are loaded eh? 

Can already hear fans of a certain vermin club wondering how we can afford to spend on players. 

Nicola and Jason looking after the establishment club!

The Natural Order
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

500k for Berra or FO, all those caps and experience in England, hard to come by...…..

For Berra to be worth 500K you'd have to stuff a million quid in his pockets.

Edited by The Natural Order

Just now, Kyle1874 said:

Kamberi to the sheep 

True or wishful thinking? 

Love it if he did go here. Imagine he scores the winners against Hubz after slagging them off when he went to Rangers? Comedy gold.

Ex member of the SaS

Things really starting to look up. Hope they get up to speed quickly and the desire and commitment improves. We need players who are up for it. With luck we may see them Fri night.

10 minutes ago, Cheile said:

Read this little bit in the EEN. With any luck his comments might mean he is off. Then again he might just be saying up yours I still have 2+years on my contract.

He told the Evening News: “He is at an age where he wants to go and play. If somebody fancies him, I don’t think it would be too hard for us to negotiate it and try to get him out and get him playing because he hasn’t been involved.”

Damour, on Instagram, posted a photo of himself in Hearts training with an inspirational message.

It read: “After the dark always come the light. For the moment keep smiling, working and being positive for the future.

"Boys are doing very well so far keep going for winning the league @heartofmidlothianfc!”

Tennant's  6's
22 minutes ago, Robbo51 said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/hearts-capture-mceneff?s=09

Savage really might have been one of the most important pieces of business the club has completed since admin. 

Long may it continue

Very much this.

Time will tell I guess, but he did come across really well in the Hearts TV interview. 

Hopefully his signings really hit the mark 

3 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

It's on every single Hearts signing post on twitter, Hibs fans asking how we can afford it. Glorious 😂

3 word answer - Tesla share price! 

Evening news reporting we may be done today with signing but deals may arrive after the deadline, excellent window get a few out and in a very good position 

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Love it if he did go here. Imagine he scores the winners against Hubz after slagging them off when he went to Rangers? Comedy gold.

The hobos sure know how to keep their forwards happy..... not!

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

He will score against the wee team

They not play each other at the weekend be good for him to get the winner 👌

43 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Loving that announcement

I wonder how many noticed Aarons face added to the front row of the crowd?

4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

It’s doing the rounds there is definitely something in it 

as you say would be amazing if he gets a winner against them 

wattie exploited
17 minutes ago, Cheile said:

yeah I offered to drive him to the airport:rifle:

6 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Kamberi to the sheep 

:lolderwood:

They still have a game versus Aberdeen on 6th February at Easter Road.   That's a shame there's no fans but I'll settle for the media meltdown instead! :D 

Sorry folks.  Back to business...  :th_wink:

tartofmidlothian
3 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Evening news reporting we may be done today with signing but deals may arrive after the deadline, excellent window get a few out and in a very good position 

It must be Stephen O'Donnell we're after now, right? The RB we need and he'll be a free agent from today, no need to get it done by tonight.

Graeme Russell

Looks like a couple of interesting signings with 1 aimed for the next few seasons in mind. 

Good luck to Craig Wighton on his move. Thought Lewis Moore would have kicked on this season but has all but 

disappeared of the radar.  Got the feeling Mr Savage is going to be a vital part of the Hearts strategy going forward.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )