January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

8 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Ah well that's where your wrong am not saying but I have a close insight to that league, Dundalk did well in Europe last season, it's  a bit like our championship, shite, players get better money but don't all get paid in close season, few teams on the breadline at moment.

Fair enough. I've tried keeping tabs on Irish football lately. It's definitely going in the right direction.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

4 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Showed all sides to his game in that one if I remember right too. Missed an open goal. Booked for going down too easy. Then scored the winner. 

Was this the game where he 'went down to easy' when Joe Lewis almost broke his ankle?

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

It was quite funny arching him squirm as that twat on Sportscene pressed him into commenting on Celtic and Lennon at the weekend.

Current players shouldn’t be in anyway. 
Good player but I can’t see him signing to play 2nd fiddle to Smith. 

Don’t want him any were near us

3 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Hibs fans currently in complete and utter meltdown about the mysterious hearts money tree😂

1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Kevin Hibsedit has handed in a transfer request 

Tee hee

34 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Stephen O’Donnell doesn’t look like he’s getting his dream move to Celtic, out of contract from tonight, wonder if we will show an interest?

Would make sense, if we get a decent RB then Smith can cover CB. Then get a decent CB in the summer.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, pointon said:

Don’t want him any were near us

Not a great defender, better than Smith going forward but will want good money after starting at the Euros  🥴
A young and upcoming RB to learn from Smith and replace him in 2022 would be my choice. 

12 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Finding Shamrock Rovers opinions on the Irish lad is quite hard as they don’t seem to have a decent forum, but here’s what I found 

6751C79B-2C8C-4A5C-9013-00E2AC2652DB.png

That last comment is class, I read it and all I could hear was Mrs Doyle from Father Ted 😂

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Not a great defender, better than Smith going forward but will want good money after starting at the Euros  🥴
A young and upcoming RB to learn from Smith and replace him in 2022 would be my choice. 

👍that would be the best scenario 

4 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Dont blame him

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Would make sense, if we get a decent RB then Smith can cover CB. Then get a decent CB in the summer.

Bit of extra depth too. Brandon is alright, but if Smith gets injured, I don't think he's the man for the job long term.

SectionDJambo
4 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

They don't get it do they? 🤣

When I was still working I had discussions with a Hibs fan who couldn’t understand why Hearts fans paid cash into the foundation as well as pay to get into games.

They always want somebody else to finance their club, whilst they abuse the concession prices and fail to maintain a fan contribution scheme of their own.

It’s simple enough to understand but too much of a stretch for them.

6 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Glorious can only be a matter of time before they lock down the net 😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Look forward to someone dredging up the quotes from when he signed. Along the lines of always being set on playing for hibs etc 😂 

Nisbet handing in a transfer request on deadline day is sensational. :lol:

Very little time to replace him, and he's been easily their best player this season. They blow hot and cold at the best of times, but the games this season when they have taken their chances, it's mostly all been thanks to Nisbet.

They'll not make Europe if he goes.

The Wrinkly Ninja
5 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

If that’s true it’s hilariously funny 😂 

Quite right too for a bang average player. He will only ever get one big move and only ever get one chance to move to a decent club.

He will never play in front of another clubs fans who will big him up as much as the warrior poets and their lapdogs do.

Funny thing is he’s believed them and thinks he’s too good for them 🤗

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Nisbet quite right tbh. Hibs almost pricing him out the market.

Expect Celtic to offer money + Griffiths by the end of today.  The laddie is Celtic daft I believe.  

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Locky said:

Very little time to replace him, and he's been easily their best player this season. They blow hot and cold at the best of times, but the games this season when they have taken their chances, it's mostly all been thanks to Nisbet.

Mallan on his way out too. Curious business from Ross if I'm honest.

Mallan is always a player I fear when we play against them, technically a superb player.

Just now, gashauskis9 said:

Expect Celtic to offer money + Griffiths by the end of today.  The laddie is Celtic daft I believe.  

Surely Celtic looking for better. He’s only played at top level a few months. 

No matter what the other circumstances, turning down a fee of that size is madness for any Scottish clubs other than the arsecheeks. Depressing, but we are where we are.

2 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Hibs fans currently in complete and utter meltdown about the mysterious hearts money tree😂

Glass houses and all that considering they laid off a load of staff, players took wage cuts then go out and spend 200k on Nisbet

Roasters

Absolute Scenes
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Mallan is always a player I fear when we play against them, technically a superb player.

I think because he can shoot from outside the box he appears to be technically good. He’s actually a one trick pony and even Hibs fans don’t rate him. 

I wonder what planet some of these clubs - like Birmingham - are occupying! Nisbet is 6 months into a 5 year deal - that in ANYONE's language means it is going to take TOP DOLLAR to prise him away.

NOTICE to all clubs - if you are going to offer peanuts then do everyone a favour and just get down to Edinburgh zoo - plenty monkeys there to go around.

Had a nosey over there to see what they were saying about Nisbet. Seen this cracker.

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Cummings would be a fairly ready made replacement for them... Aw wait 😂

Berra than you
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I have a Hibs mate and from he's said on Mallan, and what I've seen of him he is just too lightweight. A luxury you can afford I'd you have the right players near him. Supposedly he's like a man down alot of the time though.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Wouldn't surprise me. I was gutted when he signed for Hibs as I think he's a tremendous striker, could quite easily make the step up.

I think half his problem is Hibs don't really give him much service, not much creativity in their team. 

1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

I wouldn't swap Griffiths for Nibet even without the cash.

I know he's older and he's a scumbag but LG is still twice the player Nisbet is.

Just now, Berra than you said:

I have a Hibs mate and from he's said on Mallan, and what I've seen of him he is just too lightweight. A luxury you can afford I'd you have the right players near him. Supposedly he's like a man down alot of the time though.

He's a one trick pony and has been from the start. Got away with a lot because he could ping a 30 yarder in often, but he's not even doing that these days. 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We have one, just needs games. 

Surely the nisbet deal has to 500K up front and if appearances, goals, promotion targets reached it goes to 3M. No danger hibs turning 3M or anything like it up front down.

I actually can't believe Hibs are being offered £3m for Nisbett!!!  The guy has done very very little.  He looks a decent player, but I don't see £3M!!!!

The positive is could this be the start of English teams starting to throw the inflated offers up to Scotland???  About time we saw some of their ridiculous over-valuations up here, outwith Celtic!!!

Need to get Andy Irving tied down as by comparison, in about a year, he'll be worth roughly a billion trillion pounds

LarrysRightFoot
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Technically gifted but completely useless as a midfielder, constantly out of position or giving the ball away. Would be good as a number 10, with minimal defensive responsibility. 

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Wouldn't surprise me. I was gutted when he signed for Hibs as I think he's a tremendous striker, could quite easily make the step up.

I think half his problem is Hibs don't really give him much service, not much creativity in their team. 

Quite agree but I suspect Celtic [fans especially] will think he is not good enough for the likes of them

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Locky said:

He's a one trick pony and has been from the start. Got away with a lot because he could ping a 30 yarder in often, but he's not even doing that these days. 

Yup. Him starting in midfield in derbies was daft by Hibs, no fight at all in the boy.

Embarrassing for Hibs. Finally get someone doing well and after 6 months wants to force a move to play in a relegation dogfight in championship! Maybe Premier league then accept it. But Birmingham!!

Con Ron will pocket whatever cash they get for Nisbet and Hibs will get a cheap loan player in if they have time.

22 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Showed all sides to his game in that one if I remember right too. Missed an open goal. Booked for going down too easy. Then scored the winner. 

Lewis took him out in the box. Stone wall pen and keeper should've been sent off.

18 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Was this the game where he 'went down to easy' when Joe Lewis almost broke his ankle?

No it was the game where a loose ball got played back, uche nicked it but was on his way down as Lewis pulled out.

iwasthere1954
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Maybe technically in shooting for goal but otherwise a complete waste of space. Lazy and not interested. Not my words but a friend whos a hibby. Absolutely hates him.

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Irish lad sounds good at least we arent putting all our eggs in one basket 

as Armand knows one egg is never McEnuff 

Mais oui 🇫🇷

9 minutes ago, Locky said:

I wonder what planet some of these clubs - like Birmingham - are occupying! Nisbet is 6 months into a 5 year deal - that in ANYONE's language means it is going to take TOP DOLLAR to prise him away.

NOTICE to all clubs - if you are going to offer peanuts then do everyone a favour and just get down to Edinburgh zoo - plenty monkeys there to go around.

Had a nosey over there to see what they were saying about Nisbet. Seen this cracker.

Do Monkeys even eat peanuts? :berra:

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )