• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

RustyRightPeg
12 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Mallan on his way out too. Curious business from Ross if I'm honest.

Mallan is always a player I fear when we play against them, technically a superb player.

Maybe isn't that curious after all given the replies I've had to this, seems hated by the manky mob. They spent a decent amount on him I'm sure as well. 

Gordon Ramsay

All they've done by rejecting the 3 mill is create unrest and now a bit of a show of themselves with him handing in the transfer request. 

Getting offered 3 mill for a half decent player and they still manage to Hibsit. 

12 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Look forward to someone dredging up the quotes from when he signed. Along the lines of always being set on playing for hibs etc 😂

Hibs was only a stepping stone to his beloved sellic, or so he thought 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇶🇦👍

23 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Kevin Hibsedit has handed in a transfer request 

We should offer them 100k or something just to show how highly he's rated in Scotland.

32 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You had to admire Aberdeens approach, yet they were least successful with him, McKenna holds him down and Considine jumped over the top of him, brilliant when they both went to get him realized they couldn't get there and he slipped by the pair to net

Yup.... surprised he wasn't penalised for that one when McKenna stooped down to try and heed it off big Uche's boot.

The big felly is doing well with Wycombe though. Good luck to him. Getting fair treatment now and his strength on the ball doesn't seem to be getting unfairly penalised.

Still think Levein could have tried a bit harder to fight his corner via the media up here. Probably realised it was a lost cause once the likes of Beaton and Madden had him in their sights though.

Shows how bad it must be at Hibs if he's handing in a transfer request after a few months. :lol: Like rats leaving a sinking ship, surprised Ron the con hasn't accepted the first offer and pocketed the change. 

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Maybe isn't that curious after all given the replies I've had to this, seems hated by the manky mob. They spent a decent amount on him I'm sure as well. 

I think it's still a little odd from them. They'll make good money if Nisbet goes, but they haven't played it well. Now they're on the verge of losing their best player with no time to replace him.

I can see why Mallan went though tbf. Hasn't been very effective under Ross and they've brought in Irvine. I swear though, Hibs are just a team of centre midfielders with very little standout traits.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, HMFC_France said:

Not a bad move for the lad at all. I’d like to think we’ve helped him get his confidence back and he can kick on from here

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Shocking from Nisbet. 

Hilarious for us to watch but that is shocking behavior. 

6 months into a 5 year contract?.... all is not well doon the methadome! 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

You would imagine he will sign that then move on loan to them today.

Yeah - with a clause that he can't play against us [This season].

Edited by frankblack

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Shocking from Nisbet. 

Hilarious for us to watch but that is shocking behavior. 

The thing is he will be working out his percentage of the transfer fee and a massive pay rise. He’s got no affection for the club so to see them turning down an offer that is unlikely to be topped must be galling if it means you miss out on money. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Yeah - with a clause that he can't play against us [This season].

doesn't require a clause, under SPFL rules players cant play against their parent club.

Wighton to Dunfermline is a good move for him, and them. I expect to see them back in the top flight quite soon.

For us though, it just further compounds what a shit piece of business we did on that one. 6 figure sum we spent on Wighton was it not? And it took for us to get relegated for him to find a level and contribute for us.

Not his fault, he was just never good enough to be a Hearts player.

Is it not the case that submitting a transfer cut removes your entitlement to the cut of the transfer fee? Especially since previous clubs are entitled to sell on

Look forward to seeing Nisbet on sky sports later hanging around outside St Andrews trying to force a move 😂

Just now, Newton51 said:

Is it not the case that submitting a transfer cut removes your entitlement to the cut of the transfer fee? Especially since previous clubs are entitled to sell on

Not sure on that one, but if he has a sell on fee or percentage in his contract, I'd imagine it's got to be honoured. Unless Hibs add a get out clause if he submits a request. Purely depends on the contract I'd guess.

17 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Lets put a bid in for Nisbet just for giggles

Damour and Roberts, plus one of those lego buses. 

4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Rats leaving a sinking ship. Seriously bitter pill to swallow for the fans. I'd be raging if it were us. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The thing is he will be working out his percentage of the transfer fee and a massive pay rise. He’s got no affection for the club so to see them turning down an offer that is unlikely to be topped must be galling if it means you miss out on money. 

Aye but 6 months into a 5 year contract?! He's Hibs to sell. Its a bad one if you ask me! 

34 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Hibs fans currently in complete and utter meltdown about the mysterious hearts money tree😂

I'd they did their research they might fall down a rabbit hole they didn't intend to.

Spoiler for them:It's not a single tree it's a huge forest. Current proprietor of said forest a Mr J. Anderson esquire. 

Are these tits forgetting we sold Hickey? 

Paranoid freaks. 

Maybe Ron the Con will use the Nisbet money to reinstate the redundant workers he unfairly culled? 

3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Not that it changes your point but he signed a 4 year deal. Aware that there was a quote about 5 years mentioned earlier in the thread.

Think they were getting mixed up with Magennis who they have well and truly secured.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Locky said:

Wighton to Dunfermline is a good move for him, and them. I expect to see them back in the top flight quite soon.

For us though, it just further compounds what a shit piece of business we did on that one. 6 figure sum we spent on Wighton was it not? And it took for us to get relegated for him to find a level and contribute for us.

I agree. I'm actually comparing our situation at the moment to Arsenal's. Similar in a way. Previous regime has signed a pile of s***e and the new manager is having to do a clear out to get his own in.

Arteta has managed to get rid of Mustafi (just today), Ozil, Sokratis and Kolasinac in the space of a month which is probably about £800K a week in wages. Astronomical figures. 

1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Damour and Roberts, plus one of those lego buses. 

:lol: The lego buses are probably far more valuable than Damour.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Rory Mcilroy said:

Are these tits forgetting we sold Hickey? 

Paranoid freaks. 

Maybe Ron the Con will use the Nisbet money to reinstate the redundant workers he unfairly culled? 

Really, if the moral compass was in place he should be taking the money to pay back wages etc

21 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I actually can't believe Hibs are being offered £3m for Nisbett!!!  The guy has done very very little.  He looks a decent player, but I don't see £3M!!!!

The positive is could this be the start of English teams starting to throw the inflated offers up to Scotland???  About time we saw some of their ridiculous over-valuations up here, outwith Celtic!!!

Need to get Andy Irving tied down as by comparison, in about a year, he'll be worth roughly a billion trillion pounds

£300K upfront the rest add ons. No idea just made it up. £3 million for him seems poor value but Cosgrove is worth £2 million so what do I know. No wonder Birmingham are close to admin every other year. Must have new owners , again.

Getting offered £3m for a player you paid £250k for 6 months ago is a sensational piece of business. It’s probably the business model that all Scottish clubs aspire to. 

All they had to do was accept the offer, bank a decent sum and reinvest a % on a replacement. 

In typical fashion, they’ve Hibsed it right up, are now left with an unhappy player who will phone it in for the next 6 months before leaving for £1m in the summer. Once they’ve paid HMRC and Dunfermline their share, they’ll maybe break even if they’re lucky. 

Absolutely outstanding piece of negotiating. 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

I agree. I'm actually comparing our situation at the moment to Arsenal's. Similar in a way. Previous regime has signed a pile of s***e and the new manager is having to do a clear out to get his own in.

Arteta has managed to get rid of Mustafi (just today), Ozil, Sokratis and Kolasinac in the space of a month which is probably about £800K a week in wages. Astronomical figures. 

Aye, Mustafi appears to be going to my Schalke. :lol: 

Funny enough, my mate is an Arsenal fan and he inspired to me to go them on FM and have a mass clearout. It was ridiculously satisfying. The Arsenal team is/was full of overpaid crap.

Looked at .net earlier though, and apparently we're still signing complete diddies with little strategy. It's all going to end in tears was one posters brave opinion. Shortly before Nisbet asks to leave them. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Not that it changes your point but he signed a 4 year deal. Aware that there was a quote about 5 years mentioned earlier in the thread.

Think they were getting mixed up with Magennis who they have well and truly secured.

...👍 fact checking aint my strong point when ma side are bursting!:4_1_72:

11 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

i wonder if connie ronnie is wanting further wage cuts and nisbet has thought nope i want out

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Mallan on his way out too. Curious business from Ross if I'm honest.

Mallan is always a player I fear when we play against them, technically a superb player.

I always liked Mallan when he was at St Mirren. Scored a fair few goals in a very dire Midden team. Thought we might've went in for him at one point but as with a lot of players i've liked the look of....they've ended up at them and not us! 

54 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Brian Whittaker  and Shuggie Shaw in contention surely

Dave McPherson / Brian Whittaker (Heart of Midlothian)

Spot The Player 3

Donis had a belter last year

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Aye, Mustafi appears to be going to my Schalke. :lol: 

Funny enough, my mate is an Arsenal fan and he inspired to me to go them on FM and have a mass clearout. It was ridiculously satisfying. The Arsenal team is/was full of overpaid crap.

Looked at .net earlier though, and apparently we're still signing complete diddies with little strategy. It's all going to end in tears was one posters brave opinion. Shortly before Nisbet asks to leave them. :lol: 

Re .net they are still drying their tears from 2 visits to hampden recently.  For us our signings if they all come off seem to be more exciting than they have been for years. Pace, strength and goals , now for a centre half.

1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Re .net they are still drying their tears from 2 visits to hampden recently.  For us our signings if they all come off seem to be more exciting than they have been for years. Pace, strength and goals , now for a centre half.

I never get too hung up on their comments in fairness. They write great comedy material, and that should be respected. I wish I had the confidence to repeatedly make a **** of myself for the world to see.

2 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Getting offered £3m for a player you paid £250k for 6 months ago is a sensational piece of business. It’s probably the business model that all Scottish clubs aspire to. 

All they had to do was accept the offer, bank a decent sum and reinvest a % on a replacement. 

In typical fashion, they’ve Hibsed it right up, are now left with an unhappy player who will phone it in for the next 6 months before leaving for £1m in the summer. Once they’ve paid HMRC and Dunfermline their share, they’ll maybe break even if they’re lucky. 

...well, they are the club that voted to end the league - even when this meant (due to dropping a league place on ppg) losing out on a Euro spot, £100's thousands of prize money and 2 full houses against us. 

Top business strategists they aint! 🤣🤣🤣

14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You would imagine he will sign that then move on loan to them today.

Not sure giving them a player on loan for the rest of the season is in our interests.  He does score goals in the Championship, so will probably improve their team, but he's a useful player to have on the bench for us - and you know what our luck with injuries is like, don't want to leave ourselves short if something does happen.

8 minutes ago, Locky said:

I still think he’s a good player but due to who we have has not been able to cement his place. Who else scores a hat-trick then gets dropped? If we weren’t going to use him as a main striker we shouldn’t have got him - that’s our mistake. Also as he’s not been in the window he will leave for nothing. I think he’ll do really well for Dunfermline

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Really, if the moral compass was in place he should be taking the money to pay back wages etc

Definitely. 1200% return on someone they only signed in the summer would suggest the cash is there for it. I won't hold my breath. 

I do hope this new Irish guy is the new transfer model for us going forward. None of this over 30s club pish. 11.5m for Frimpong, 3m Nisbet, 2m Cosgrove, 1m Porteous (LOL) - we need to be getting a slice of that action! 

17 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Great post 👍

iwasthere1954
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

I always liked Mallan when he was at St Mirren. Scored a fair few goals in a very dire Midden team. Thought we might've went in for him at one point but as with a lot of players i've liked the look of....they've ended up at them and not us! 

Thank god we didn't get him. He is worse than we have. See he's of to Turkey on a loan. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )