January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Just going to pass on what I heard last month On the Irving talk, I mentioned in summer that he has interest abroad a club in Germany were especially keen. From what I was told we offered Him a contract on a similar amount to what he is currently on and his counter offer hearts felt was unrealistic we then returned with an increased offer of what we feel was a fair offer but not to the standard Irving is wanting and could be looking at abroad. Both sides within their rights of the offer and the demands. Talks are ongoing to try solve the issue 

Appreciated. 👍

Irving is worth top wage at Hearts. If we're no offering him even half that which I believe the top wage is around 4.4k, we're taking the piss and we'll regret losing him for being  tight fisted. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

3 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Just going to pass on what I heard last month On the Irving talk, I mentioned in summer that he has interest abroad a club in Germany were especially keen. From what I was told we offered Him a contract on a similar amount to what he is currently on and his counter offer hearts felt was unrealistic we then returned with an increased offer of what we feel was a fair offer but not to the standard Irving is wanting and could be looking at abroad. Both sides within their rights of the offer and the demands. Talks are ongoing to try solve the issue 

That sounds much more reasonable. We offered him a new contract on similar terms a few months back before he had established himself in the first team. Now we’ve offered him an improved contract based on his appearances of late.

3 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

For me, as much as I would like him to stay, if its abroad he goes, it seems more palatable. Hard to compete if its a big European hitter. Esp offering him reduced terms 😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

So he signs a contract with us at the age of 17 as a promising youngster with one appearance under his belt.

He’s now 20, played dozens of matches, scored a few goals and highly rated. Yet we offer him a worse contract?

Allegedly. 

I love that anyone would believe we’d offer a contract on less money than his previous one, thereby immediately removing any possibility of compensation. Genuine idiocy if you buy that. 

bigsuperslim1874

There is about 4 different takes on the Irvine situation on this thread!! I will be mightily pissed if we don’t secure him on a deal - bearing in mind some of the jokers we have who are using valuable wages and offering next to nothing. 😤

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Irving is a good talent who i rate highly, he's been given an opportunity to play first team professional football for the club he supports and has only just recently established himself as a starter

If he does end up heading off to pastures this summer and leaving us without a fee then he's an ungrateful wee ***** who's a bit big for his boots, if he stays then i'll be very pleased.

Can already predict the posts on here blaming the club if he does leave as well

Spot on. He has had about 7/8 good games. 
He is definitely starting to become more consistent and I would love to keep him but if he is holding the club to ransom the he can leave. He could be a top player but he is nowhere near it yet. 

Gimme an H...

If Hearts let Irving slip away for nothing it will be absolutely criminal. 

Best prospect we've had since CG. 

We would have a right to know what the decision making process was considering the £ we put in every month

45 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Can back up hmfc Liam's post. Talks not gone well. First offer to him was on terms lower than he is on currently! He was shocked by that offer. Second offer is non negotiable 4.5 year deal on the same wage as he is on currently (3 figure weekly wage) no bonus, no add on, no perks or rewards.  Just a basic rate flat wage. 

Complete shithousery from the club, IMO best player we potentially have produced in years, with a fairly good sell on value if he continues to progress. Or let him leave for nothing and make it look like the player wanted away. Boys hearts daft. Feel for the boy but can't have a grudge if he leaves for pastures new.  I'd make him top earner and bin Berra, Naismith etc.

If that's true its a ****ing disgrace. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Appreciated. 👍

Irving is worth top wage at Hearts. If we're no offering him even half that which I believe the top wage is around 4.4k, we're taking the piss and we'll regret losing him for being  tight fisted. 

No worries not discrediting anyone in here they may be much closer to the situation than I am just passing it on. Really hope we get it sorted out big future ahead and a potential big Fee if he continues to progress 

This is peak JKB. 😄

People praising JS / JJ / RN for bringing some much needed sanity to our recruitment.

Someone posts gossip about Irving's contract negotiations:

"The people dealing with contracts at the club need to go!".

Made up nonsense. There is a chance he fancies playing somewhere else and has no intention of signing. There is a chance his agent is pricing him out. There is a chance we are not bothered. There is a chance that there is nobody on this forum has the first clue about individual contract offers or players salaries

2 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I heard we were asking him to pay us for game time. Not 100% sure if its true though

Certainly a new slant on "Pay As You Play".

Might be worth exploring with Ginnelly?

10 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Andy Irving has received one offer from the club which he rejected. There has been no second offer and no counter offer. That is it in a nutshell. 

Sounds like a true story. 👍

11 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Andy Irving has received one offer from the club which he rejected. There has been no second offer and no counter offer. That is it in a nutshell. 

Any truth in Daza’s post then?

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I wonder if the Irving contract is to do with our less basic higher bonus wage scheme. 

That scheme involves lots of bonuses and incentives. Daza says we’ve offered none 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Talks have not gone well apparently. 

He is for the off I suspect. Demands are on the high side. Wonder who has tapped him up. 

iwasthere1954
2 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

If Hearts let Irving slip away for nothing it will be absolutely criminal. 

Best prospect we've had since CG. 

We would have a right to know what the decision making process was considering the £ we put in every month

We are not management therefore have absolutely no right to know that information regardless of how much we put in monthly. 

38 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

That contract offer seems to totally contradict our new way of doing things. Will be really disappointed if true 😔

Only an imbecile would suggest a new contract on lower terms than Irving currently has. I don’t think RN or Savage fall into that category 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Now here’s a thing, I’ve got contract negotiations coming up at my work soon. 
Who will I tell the details to? 

No *****. 

Haha 

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

That scheme involves lots of bonuses and incentives. Daza says we’ve offered none 🤷🏻‍♂️

👍 was just a thought. 

Guest ToqueJambo
50 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Irving has only been a regular starter since just before the cup final. I remember stories coming out that he wasn’t happy with the minutes he was getting. Since then of course he’s been playing and more recently he’s found something extra and he’s looking really good. Whether that’s him playing for a move or just getting his head down and improving, I suppose we’ll find out soon enough.

I make it he started 5 out of the 13 games in all comps before the cup final. He missed 3 or 4 through injury and Scotland call-up. That's pretty regular - possibly the most regular out of him, Lee, Halliday and Haring at the start of the season when Neilson was trying to find his best combination. Irving's been ever present ever since. Do we really want a player who reacts to that by wanting away anyhow?

Edited by ToqueJambo

People going on about Irving like he’s Maradonna, and some of the can’t even get his name right.

On what has been, so far quite a positive day at least it’s given the ragers something to rage about.

He’s a decent young player and I hope we keep him. If he doesn’t want to stay then cheerio

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Brilliant window so far, maybe a few out too that will cut the wage bill a bit. 

I think I will judge the window when I see how the new players perform and how many of them stay fit for at least a month or two.

I hate all this transfer window hype.

You can see both sides of the coin with Irving situation. 

Hearts rightly or wrongly will feel they are due a bit of loyalty for providing Irving with a platform for a career in football.

And Irving will feel he is one of Hearts better players this season and deserves to be paid a higher salary.

Hearts will want a longer deal, Irving will want a shorter deal. 

2 years on a above average salary  is probably a fair deal all round. 

Would I be devastated if he went, no - we are playing championship football. Do I think there's alot of potential in him - yes.

From his point of view he's got to think carefully about his next move, many players in his situation, young have a good season. Jump at a nice offer down south, barely play and then disappear into the journeyman role.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I make it he started 5 out of the 13 games in all comps before the cup final. He missed 3 or 4 through injury and Scotland call-up. That's pretty regular - possibly the most regular out of him, Lee, Halliday and Haring at the start of the season when Neilson was trying to find his best combination. Irving's been ever present ever since. Do we really want a player who reacts to that by wanting away anyhow?

Nobody even knows if he 'wants away'. It's all a load of speculation. 

'Wanting away' and asking for what he thinks he's worth are completely different.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
17 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

RN, last week, said about Irving that: "There's no doubting his ability on the ball, his left foot is like a wand sometimes."

I can't imagine that he'd then offer him anything less tan a decent upgrade

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

The Irving situation goes back to RN not playing him until it was apparent Haring wasn’t getting back to full fitness anytime soon. I really don’t think Irving would be playing if Haring was 100% I like Irving, he’s got massive potential and I hope our financial offer to him was top of the range, but possibly he’s decided some time ago that he’s moving on and it’s not really just about money 

I let’s blame Robbie Neilson the fact is he is playing now because he has finally shown a bit of form if he leaves look no further than the player and agent 

5 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

No worries not discrediting anyone in here they may be much closer to the situation than I am just passing it on. Really hope we get it sorted out big future ahead and a potential big Fee if he continues to progress 

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Sounds like a true story. 👍

FWIW, I hope my source is incorrect in what they told me, I think Irving is the most technically gifted player I've seen in Scotland for years. Reminds me of a fitter, forward thinking Barry Ferguson.  I would be absolutely livid if we lose him for nothing, not knocking anyone who has posted different to me, as they may be more ITK than my source. I'm hoping we sign him up on a long term deal with a wage he deserves. Imagine frear, Robert's, halliday, Naismith picking up close to double your wage while you are significantly better  

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Jambo92 said:

You can see both sides of the coin with Irving situation. 

Hearts rightly or wrongly will feel they are due a bit of loyalty for providing Irving with a platform for a career in football.

And Irving will feel he is one of Hearts better players this season and deserves to be paid a higher salary.

Hearts will want a longer deal, Irving will want a shorter deal. 

2 years on a above average salary  is probably a fair deal all round. 

Would I be devastated if he went, no - we are playing championship football. Do I think there's alot of potential in him - yes.

From his point of view he's got to think carefully about his next move, many players in his situation, young have a good season. Jump at a nice offer down south, barely play and then disappear into the journeyman role.

We're signing players to complement his style - both ahead of him up front and alongside him in midfield. He's got a pretty much zero-pressure arena in which to perfect his game for the next few months. He'd be mad to leave for money reasons. A Bologna-style move abroad though if one really is on the cards - fair play. I always admire young players who go down that route.

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Now here’s a thing, I’ve got contract negotiations coming up at my work soon. 
Who will I tell the details to? 

No *****. 

Exactly. I'm amazed people give credence to the mad stories above. Most of Irvings close family wouldn't even know that much detail.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Nobody even knows if he 'wants away'. It's all a load of speculation. 

'Wanting away' and asking for what he thinks he's worth are completely different.

I don't believe any of it. He no doubt wants to get the best terms he can and we're juggling a finite budget in a difficult economic time. Hopefully we can meet in the middle. Investing in what sounds like a good player to play alongside him should hopefully help sway him.

Sorry everyone, these requests are probably happening every page...

But could someone summarise what’s happened transfer wise since last night?

thread seems to jump about a bit. 

10 minutes ago, iainmac said:

This is peak JKB. 😄

People praising JS / JJ / RN for bringing some much needed sanity to our recruitment.

Someone posts gossip about Irving's contract negotiations:

"The people dealing with contracts at the club need to go!".

Exactly. 😄

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

People going on about Irving like he’s Maradonna, and some of the can’t even get his name right.

On what has been, so far quite a positive day at least it’s given the ragers something to rage about.

He’s a decent young player and I hope we keep him. If he doesn’t want to stay then cheerio

IMHO, he will be worth a lot of money in the near future and play at a higher level. He's a far hotter prospect than Cosgrove or Nesbit. That's future money on the table for Hearts.

58 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I don't think that Irving will play at a higher level than Hearts.

Good passer of the ball but one paced and I don't think the "Porty Pirlo" stuff has done him any favours.

Last I heard, club had offered a contract but he hadn't signed it and they were waiting on him to come back with a counter offer. He should maybe look at the careers of Jason Holt & Billy King as to how things could turn out in the future. I'm not saying that's what will happen to him - but it's a possibility IMO.

Tend to agree. Lack of pace and 100% reliance on left foot will hold him back. Hope I’m wrong and he proves it with us over next few seasons but I have my doubts. 

Just now, Jamhammer said:

I’m with you hammer. Obviously would like the lad to stay and improve with Hearts, however he is still learning the trade and is certainly replaceable. In saying that it’s annoying the cash we are spewing to some of the imposters in this squad and if only we could get shot of a few this window we could offer Andrew a bit more

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Exactly. I'm amazed people give credence to the mad stories above. Most of Irvings close family wouldn't even know that much detail.

Plus, if anyone from the club knew and released the contract negotiation information, they’d be up for dismissal on gross misconduct. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Tend to agree. Lack of pace and 100% reliance on left foot will hold him back. Hope I’m wrong and he proves it with us over next few seasons but I have my doubts. 

Diego Maradona looking down going "WTF!"

A_A wehatethehibs

Well if he gets a better offer elsewhere good luck to him. Meanwhile we will bring in current Internationals. I’ve got every faith in the new look club led by Savage making the right offers to the right players, and IMO if Irving leaves to try his hand in a bigger league, it will go the way of Adam King and Jordan McGhee. I have enjoyed watching him develop, and would enjoy watching him develop further into a Premiership level midfielder and potentially aim for a Scotland cap 2-3 seasons from now. But if he thinks he’s better than that, all the best.

1 minute ago, Zen Jambo said:

Plus, if anyone from the club knew and released the contract negotiation information, they’d be up for dismissal on gross misconduct. 

This is KB though full of H1b5sters. 

4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

FWIW, I hope my source is incorrect in what they told me, I think Irving is the most technically gifted player I've seen in Scotland for years. Reminds me of a fitter, forward thinking Barry Ferguson.  I would be absolutely livid if we lose him for nothing, not knocking anyone who has posted different to me, as they may be more ITK than my source. I'm hoping we sign him up on a long term deal with a wage he deserves. Imagine frear, Robert's, halliday, Naismith picking up close to double your wage while you are significantly better  

Agreed, theres always 2 sides to every story aswell and when that comes to football it’s multiplied endlessly 😂 hopefully they get it sorted out soon 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )