January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

jamboinglasgow
Just now, August Landmesser said:

A good recent history of Dutch players - no mention of Kenny Anderson though! :curtain:

Or El Hass (may be Moroccan but is Dutch born)

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Sounds like we're getting round pegs to fill round holes in this window. RN spoke about systems in an interview the other day, and it looks like he and Savage are on the same page about what's needed, and where to find them. A really good time to get these players in and functioning within that system, get all the teething problems sorted out this season.

Was thinking the same. Pleasing to see the days of signing projects seem to be behind us

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Or Peter Van De Ven!!!!  Possibly the best tache to grace Tynecastle.  This guy's a totally philistine!!!  Boooooo

Leveins Battalion

I am pretty excited about McEneff.Exactly the type of signing we should be making.

Kastaneer has to prove himself as i'd imagine Gino will be back.

5 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Like the sound of Kasteneer

Spoke very well and seems hungry & keen to play

Hope he can kick on back to his old level of performance

Seems a genuine enough guy. Good he gave a nod to our Dutch former players.

Edited by GinRummy

21 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Roberts & Frear were in the pre-Savage era.     Joe seems to bring a whole new level of insight & knowledge  to the recruitment game.  He might well turn out to be AB's most effective appointment.  

This 

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That reverse pass v Cowdenbeath though... :love: Hall of fame stuff 😆

SectionDJambo
18 minutes ago, Locky said:

Certainly better than it was. The likes of Dundalk and Shamrock would probably do alright in the Championship, if not the Premiership. I'd imagine the lower end of the table is more lower Championship, even League One. Irish clubs seem to do much better to hold on to young talent and develop them themselves.

There’s been Irish clubs getting better results in Europe than Scottish clubs, apart from Rangers, have managed. That’s not to say they have a great standard. Maybe says more about how the standards in Scotland have nosedived.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Or Peter Van De Ven!!!!  Possibly the best tache to grace Tynecastle.  This guy's a totally philistine!!!  Boooooo

We he not Belgian? Maybe not, quick check he finished his career in Belgium, but Dutch, too similar to Levein without the skill or presence

Edited by Sir Gio

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

There’s been Irish clubs getting better results in Europe than Scottish clubs, apart from Rangers, have managed. That’s not to say they have a great standard. Maybe says more about how the standards in Scotland have nosedived.

I'd imagine there's truth in both statements. The Irish league has improved massively over the last decade or so. Attendances are relatively heatlhy, particularly at the bigger clubs.

I'm not for a second claiming that it's a great league, or stronger than us. As I mentioned before, I think Dundalk and Shamrock would be able to play in our Premiership, with the rest of the clubs spread out in the lower leagues. It's not a joke league though as some make it out to be, and it's funny that people from Scotland of all places could call it such.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We he not Belgian? Maybe not, quick check he finished his career in Belgium, but Dutch, too similar to Levein without the skill or presence

One from my youth, I probably remember him more fondly than he deserves - in my head he strolled around in the sweeper position never breaking a sweat, anticipating everything and spraying passes like Glenn Hoddle! 

Graeme Hogg too - have him in my head as a rock in our defence, but every chance he was actually shite!

23 minutes ago, Locky said:

Celtic and Rangers aside, Irish clubs are doing more in Europe than our representatives.

Yep Dundalk had a great run a season  or two back.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

That reverse pass v Cowdenbeath though... :love: Hall of fame stuff 😆

as good as Beslija's 850k cross for Makela's goal.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Robbie needs to be talking down our physicality every opportunity. Keep mentioning about feeling that we're wrongly labelled physical and refs being unfair on our forwards. 

Doesn't matter if its horseshit or not :D 

Yup.

It's no coincidene that Uche is doing so well with Wycombe where he is not being penalised just for being ....... well just for being Uche.

Kidd’s Boots
7 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Was thinking the same. Pleasing to see the days of signing projects seem to be behind us

Having the best available (and fit) for the position and the system has plagued us for a number of seasons. I for one will be glad to see the back of that monkey off our back. 

Italian Lambretta
56 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Have you no seen the cupboard in Ann's office?

Looks like this,

gold-bars-in-vault.jpg.a3040bbb28e67e31cf20a46c43d01d09.jpg

Looks like Vlads bedroom cupboard

10 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I am pretty excited about McEneff.Exactly the type of signing we should be making.

Kastaneer has to prove himself as i'd imagine Gino will be back.

Agreed McEneff been crying out for this type of player 

Hagar the Horrible
5 minutes ago, Locky said:

I'd imagine there's truth in both statements. The Irish league has improved massively over the last decade or so. Attendances are relatively heatlhy, particularly at the bigger clubs.

I'm not for a second claiming that it's a great league, or stronger than us. As I mentioned before, I think Dundalk and Shamrock would be able to play in our Premiership, with the rest of the clubs spread out in the lower leagues. It's not a joke league though as some make it out to be, and it's funny that people from Scotland of all places could call it such.

To be fair, if Hamilton were allowed into the European compititions year in year out, they will start to do well, and every now and then have a great run.  It is what it is, but I still think that only champions get into the Champions league and every available space to be competed for not granted to 4 clubs, so that would make Shamrock even better, but fairer

lost in space
2 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Yup.

It's no coincidene that Uche is doing so well with Wycombe where he is not being penalised just for being ....... well just for being Uche.

Watched the recent game where he played v Spurs. He looks leaner now and is properly coached. First half he was very good and cant remember him giving away a foul. Tired badly in second half and taken off after giving away a couple of fouls for pushing/holding. I liked him but he didnt seem to learn from mistakes.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Yup.

From what I seen on Saturday, which admittedly was little, they also look to play into his feet

StevenNaismith

Stephen O’Donnell doesn’t look like he’s getting his dream move to Celtic, out of contract from tonight, wonder if we will show an interest?

Quote from papers about Ben Davies as apparently Bournemouth offered more money but chose liverpool:

"Celtic were also said to have been interested in snapping up the centre-back, and are reportedly gutted at missing out on doing so". 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, BRY said:

Kastaneer : first Curacao player to play for Hearts??

Definitely in terms of internationalist. Don't think we've had anyone from there before. We've had a couple of Suriname origin, which is fairly close and heavily Dutch influenced.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Stephen O’Donnell doesn’t look like he’s getting his dream move to Celtic, out of contract from tonight, wonder if we will show an interest?

Move Smith in or into midfield, not a huge fan, but is good enough for our leagues

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

From what I seen on Saturday, which admittedly was little, they also look to play into his feet

Bottom line is, he'll be given a fair crack of the whip down there where the refs aren't looking to pull him up just for being a big guy protecting the ball.

Uche playing for racellic or sevco would have ran riot in Scotland with a the Morelos/Brown free pass.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

"When I see you scoring, I just can't McEneff, I just can't McEneff..."

No? **** you all.

That's a shocker Mr President!!

1 minute ago, Barack said:

I'm on a lot of painkillers right now. I'll take what's coming to me.👍🏻

Possible Impeachment in the KB Senate is on the horizon if that nonsense keep up!!

wentworth jambo
35 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Surely that award has got to go to the Buzzbomb !!

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Looks like this,

ron the con will have this too but his is chocolate bars covered in fake gold wrapping 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Unsure if he would be keen to come in as Mikey Smith's backup, and, although younger than Smith, is probably too old to be considered Smith's long-term replacement. File under unlikely for me.

scott herbertson
Just now, wentworth jambo said:

Surely that award has got to go to the Buzzbomb !!

Brian Whittaker  and Shuggie Shaw in contention surely

Dave McPherson / Brian Whittaker (Heart of Midlothian)

Spot The Player 3

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

2 hours and 19 mins on, where is no.2? Or are we spacing them every 4 hours from Noon

Camera man must be on his lunch break 😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Bottom line is, he'll be given a fair crack of the whip down there where the refs aren't looking to pull him up just for being a big guy protecting the ball.

Uche playing for racellic or sevco would have ran riot in Scotland with a the Morelos/Brown free pass.

You had to admire Aberdeens approach, yet they were least successful with him, McKenna holds him down and Considine jumped over the top of him, brilliant when they both went to get him realized they couldn't get there and he slipped by the pair to net

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Jamboj1 said:

Camera man must be on his lunch break 😂

He'll get lunch until August 31st, cant get the bloody staff these days!

On taches, Jamie Walker and Calum Paterson

The Old Tolbooth

Finding Shamrock Rovers opinions on the Irish lad is quite hard as they don’t seem to have a decent forum, but here’s what I found 

6751C79B-2C8C-4A5C-9013-00E2AC2652DB.png

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Looks like this,

Surely it's this?

:jjyay:

tins.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You had to admire Aberdeens approach, yet they were least successful with him, McKenna holds him down and Considine jumped over the top of him, brilliant when they both went to get him realized they couldn't get there and he slipped by the pair to net

Showed all sides to his game in that one if I remember right too. Missed an open goal. Booked for going down too easy. Then scored the winner. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Showed all sides to his game in that one if I remember right too. Missed an open goal. Booked for going down too easy. Then scored the winner. 

He did as well, think we were still one down when he missed too

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Hibs fans currently in complete and utter meltdown about the mysterious hearts money tree😂

I'd they did their research they might fall down a rabbit hole they didn't intend to.

Spoiler for them:It's not a single tree it's a huge forest. Current proprietor of said forest a Mr J. Anderson esquire. 

Edited by Rudi5kaceldream1ng
5-1

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

It was quite funny arching him squirm as that twat on Sportscene pressed him into commenting on Celtic and Lennon at the weekend.

Current players shouldn’t be in anyway. 
Good player but I can’t see him signing to play 2nd fiddle to Smith. 

Just now, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Hibs fan currently in complete and utter meltdown about the mysterious hearts money tree😂

They don't get it do they? 🤣

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )