• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good natured stuff from @Jamboj1too, not as heavy as the other ITKers. Feet up for the rest of the day then, that was great fun for a Monday!

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You would imagine he would be at least querying this decision? The transfer request means he’s waived  loyalty bonuses so might just push it through. 
I would rather they and the pars didn’t get the money, and an unhappy player for the next few months 😆

Surely Nisbet has a release clause in his contract and surely it’s less than £3million. (I thought most contracts had a release built in)

Possibly it’s a low first payment with the rest as add ons. If it’s a straightforward £3 million with no strings they are crazy not to take it, especially now he’s put a request in

Fxxx the SPFL
12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I heard it was me. I'm still quite agile for someone nearly 58🤣

I've seen you at Waverley recently John chasing after a customer who was trying to fare dodge you couldn't catch her and she had two walking sticks

27 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The pms are flying about, it's like Chinese Whispers, apparently we're signing Donald Findlay. 

:sadrobbo:

Do post often - and struggling to keep up with todays goings on but that made be laugh - thank you :)

GMS, Gnando,  McEneff and Kastaneer.    Possibly a good defender on a pre contract.      Fabulous staff...........only thing that would make me feel even better is seeing some of the dead wood leave but I guess there is still time for that.   Feeling very positive but we still need to be showing patience to the new guys and not hammer them in their 1st few games.   Am I being greedy to want a really strong, influential holding midfielder?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Surely Nisbet has a release clause in his contract and surely it’s less than £3million. (I thought most contracts had a release built in)

Possibly it’s a low first payment with the rest as add ons. If it’s a straightforward £3 million with no strings they are crazy not to take it, especially now he’s put a request in

I couldn’t tell you, not sure how common they are up here. It’s been said they’re due the Pars 30% so I think they’ll be sitting with everything crossed hoping the deal goes through. Let’s hope he’s still there tomorrow morning dragging his heels into East Mains with a big sour face hahahahaha. 

Then gets injured in training by Porteous who is also raging at not getting a move 😆🤞🙏

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Sounds like the kind of player we really need. 

Definitely.  

Good comments from the shamrock rovers fans too, gutted that he's gone. 

The squad is coming together. Still need at least one CB and a hard ******* CM, but they could be summer signings. 

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Brilliant window so far, maybe a few out too that will cut the wage bill a bit. 

You've gotta hope that between Joe Savage, Robbie & JJ they can move some on who are out of contract in May, or are just nowhere close to the match day squads 

Toxteth O'Grady
2 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Definitely.  

Good comments from the shamrock rovers fans too, gutted that he's gone. 

The squad is coming together. Still need at least one CB and a hard ******* CM, but they could be summer signings. 

Aye on paper we have much better attacking options now. Probably enough to finish off the league easily. 

Ideally if we could move on the likes of Damour, Frear, Roberts and one or two others then it'll take the strain of the wage bill down a bit. Get a few out on loan as well like Moore, Henderson. 

Heard earlier that Ginelly is out for the season so does it mean his loan deal is over and he's gone or is he still here?

1 minute ago, Chaps said:

Hopefully get Irving to sign a new deal and round off a brilliant window.

Talks have not gone well apparently. 

been here before
1 hour ago, Gary Locke said:

Not wanting to get carried away but could mceneff be the next paul Hartley 👀

Couple of hours ago no ***** had heard of him now he's the new Paul Hartley :lol:

17 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I've seen you at Waverley recently John chasing after a customer who was trying to fare dodge you couldn't catch her and she had two walking sticks

🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Annoyed that we're not putting him with our top earners or wanting away? 

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Couple of hours ago no ***** had heard of him now he's the new Paul Hartley :lol:

:spoton:

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

My first thought when we signed McEneff was that Irving must be going.

Just now, JimmyCant said:

I must say that crossed my mind as well tbh hope not though.

1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Heard he fancies going overseas like McDonald

His style of play would suit the Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese or Italian divisions. And I’m saying that as something who thinks he does great for us most of the times he plays. 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Very different players surely?    Not sure if this is particularly controversial, but I think Irving needs to develop significantly to play his role at a higher level.   He has great composure on the ball and is a gifted passer,  but central midfielders also need to put their foot in,  win 50/50's and second balls.    He seems a bit lightweight to me - it depends how he develops as to whether he could boss games in future.     I hope he can keep developing,  but just conscious he has been part of central midfield this season that, in tougher games,  has lost the battle. 

2 minutes ago, Rory Mcilroy said:

Annoyed that we're not putting him with our top earners or wanting away? 

Maybe we are and his agent is playing hardball. Perhaps he has other options and is just waiting to see what out best offer is.

He has time yet to make his mind up but if he leaves it too late then he might spite himself as we could withdraw or reduce our offer.

42 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

He's just signed for Covid Rangers.

:fonzie:

Just now, Rave MacPherson said:

I would love him to stay but i suppose it depends on his demands. Cant be held to ransom by players, if that is the case

Aye we've got to be sensible, but also could see his frustration if he's been offered less than some of his team mates who are offering very little. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Hope not, he needs a box to box type alongside him so he can be Steve Fulton to McEneff's Cameron.

RustyRightPeg

My first thought based on what McEneff has been saying about his style of play is that they’d compliment each other perfectly. I was hoping it could be our partnership for the next year or two!

mceneff an upgrade on halliday in midfield  ?  maybe he is offski...  hoping !!!!

Irving is a good talent who i rate highly, he's been given an opportunity to play first team professional football for the club he supports and has only just recently established himself as a starter

If he does end up heading off to pastures this summer and leaving us without a fee then he's an ungrateful wee ***** who's a bit big for his boots, if he stays then i'll be very pleased.

Can already predict the posts on here blaming the club if he does leave as well

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

My first thought based on what McEneff has been saying about his style of play is that they’d compliment each other perfectly. I was hoping it could be our partnership for the next year or two!

Yes I agree here’s hoping 🤞 

1 minute ago, gorgieheart said:

mceneff an upgrade on halliday in midfield  ?  maybe he is offski...  hoping !!!!

Halliday will still be here when we go up imo. Cover at LB and obviously can play midfield. Robbie aiming for a smaller squad so players covering different positions will be valuable.. 

3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Very different players surely?    Not sure if this is particularly controversial, but I think Irving needs to develop significantly to play his role at a higher level.   He has great composure on the ball and is a gifted passer,  but central midfielders also need to put their foot in,  win 50/50's and second balls.    He seems a bit lightweight to me - it depends how he develops as to whether he could boss games in future.     I hope he can keep developing,  but just conscious he has been part of central midfield this season that, in tougher games,  has lost the battle. 

The Irving situation goes back to RN not playing him until it was apparent Haring wasn’t getting back to full fitness anytime soon. I really don’t think Irving would be playing if Haring was 100% I like Irving, he’s got massive potential and I hope our financial offer to him was top of the range, but possibly he’s decided some time ago that he’s moving on and it’s not really just about money 

1 minute ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Really? 

If he's not going to leave we may as well make him earn his wage. He's less likely to get dispossessed if we're controlling possession most of the time :laugh:

Warnock can't be that wrong, surely? He can't be any worse than Halliday in this division.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe we are and his agent is playing hardball. Perhaps he has other options and is just waiting to see what out best offer is.

He has time yet to make his mind up but if he leaves it too late then he might spite himself as we could withdraw or reduce our offer.

Fingers crossed he stays, esp being a jambo. There's been signs recently that he's taking the bull by the horns and making himself one of our key players. 

Maybe forming a good partnership with McEnuff will help convince him to stay too, they sound a good combo.

3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Irving is a good talent who i rate highly, he's been given an opportunity to play first team professional football for the club he supports and has only just recently established himself as a starter

If he does end up heading off to pastures this summer and leaving us without a fee then he's an ungrateful wee ***** who's a bit big for his boots, if he stays then i'll be very pleased.

Can already predict the posts on here blaming the club if he does leave as well

Surely we would be entitled to a development fee??? I wouldn't trust the last management team to do the the right thing bit I do trust Robbie, JJ and Savage

1 minute ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Really? 

"Interesting" in a meaningless, pre-season-friendly, trying-to-get-the-lads-match-fit kinda way. Not sure I'd want to see it otherwise, unless we were uncatchable in the league. Even then, probably best for him and us that Damour rides off into the sunset a.s.a.p..

Just now, Gmcjambo said:

I think there is a great deal of substance to that and I would also add in that at a higher level the ball has to be moved quicker. Obviously we all view the situation through maroon tinted glasses but Irving has worked himself into a really good situation at Hearts, first team regular and getting time to develop his game in a team that is comfortably better than others in the league. He also benefits from the extra slack given to coming through the ranks as we all want him to do well and can forgive the odd lapse. If he goes somewhere else he will be starting from scratch and fans will be as impatient as we are with supposedly very talented players being brought in. We finally seem to be getting organised on the footballing side and the opportunity is there to really establish himself and improve before considering moving on. Moves for money ahead of medium term development rarely end well. 

this is more of a critique of the video rather than McEneff but this is a highlights reel from last season with a tackling section of one tackle :lol:  

3 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Barry Anderson saying that’s us done with players coming in tonight. Some to go though 

I thought we might have got cover for RB, I dread to think who will play there if Smith gets injured.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )