Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Hoping for Findlay on pre-contract 

Would be the icing on the cake but that doesn't have to be done today. I'd imagine with the limited timeframe they're working with today, that might be pushed into the next couple of weeks.

1 minute ago, Maroonblood22 said:

That's a bit of a strange initiation for the boy!

I knew as soon as I hit submit, I should have worded it differently 😁

Raymond Reddington
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Wonder if Walker is heading for the Exit?

Why he is 1 away from 50 goals, was excellent on tuesday and scored a great goal on Saturday.

Walker just needs to be played as a 10 and not out wide.

Hagar the Horrible
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I feel sure the lad himself will call it Derry. Both are correct.

No I am sure you will find its Londonderry, any local calling their home town as Derry is wrong 🙂

Takeshi kovac

Never heard of McEnuff until about 20 minutes ago now I'm desperate for him to sign 😆

Hopefully a couple out the door and a decent defender still to come

5 minutes ago, Raymond Reddington said:

For me Mceneff is Hallidays replacement in the team, he will play alongside Irving.

Would be surprised as he seems a more attacking player - would still worry with Irving not been the strongest defensively.    Really strange to see Haring start getting game time and then just sit on the subs bench!   Something is not right there sadly.

Maroonblood22
3 minutes ago, lou said:

I knew as soon as I hit submit, I should have worded it differently 😁

Nah where's the fun in that! Pile on lads :lol:

Tennant's  6's
27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

175k for the Irish lad, decent outlay

It is indeed. 

He does sound like exactly the type of player that we need in the middle of the park- good technique allied with and industrious attitude. 

Would be superb if we could pair him in the midfield with Campbell , proper statement of intent 👊

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

Would be surprised as he seems a more attacking player - would still worry with Irving not been the strongest defensively.    Really strange to see Haring start getting game time and then just sit on the subs bench!   Something is not right there sadly.

I'm hoping its just that they don't want to play him on these shitey pitches in the winter, waiting for Tynecastle with decent weather to get him up to speed.

7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

that is the emergency cupboard, the money haul is in a cellar under the main stand. That is the real reason it went above budget, needed all the work to store all that money

That's right mate, she brings it all back from the Canary Islands on her Mega Yacht , which itself is made from melted bullion. :wink:

4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

No I am sure you will find its Londonderry, any local calling their home town as Derry is wrong 🙂

Oh do **** off.

Cheers :D

8 minutes ago, Raymond Reddington said:

For me Mceneff is Hallidays replacement in the team, he will play alongside Irving.

Is Halliday's contract up at the end of the season?  It would make sense if it is.

7 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Wonder if Walker is heading for the Exit?

Why would that be?

45 minutes ago, OTT said:

Big physical Hearts :D 

I'm loving the signings. Pacy wingers, big strikers. Its great! :) This irish lad sounds perfect too! Hopefully give us that big bit of quality in midfield going forward. 

Really pleased with the recruitment this window so far. On paper looking very good. Makes Frear and Roberts recruitment all the more baffling. 

Roberts & Frear were in the pre-Savage era.     Joe seems to bring a whole new level of insight & knowledge  to the recruitment game.  He might well turn out to be AB's most effective appointment.  

1 hour ago, R1874 said:

Lad born in Derry who plays for ROI. He’ll be a target for our support after 5 minutes. Will have to play like Rudi to not get stick 

Rightly so . 

12 minutes ago, Raymond Reddington said:

Naismith/Walker maybe?

Berra than you
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Is Halliday's contract up at the end of the season?  It would make sense if it is.

Why would that be?

Haliday signed a 2 year deal I believe.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
Just now, upgotheheads said:

Why would that be?

Halliday has another year left on his deal after this one. He is a good squad option and handy as he can cover LB also but he is not the future starting in this team.

57 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I don't follow the League of Ireland but from what I've seen it looks like a good standard and would compare well with our Championship and most of the Premiership. Maybe the SPFL and the League of Ireland could get together and form  a joint competition, maybe a Gaelic Nations Cup for a start. I'm guessing it would attract a lot of sponsorship if the Arse Cheeks didn't get in there to spoil it.

You are joking it's murder.

Jack Torrance
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's right mate, she brings it all back from the Canary Islands on her Mega Yacht , which itself is made from melted bullion. :wink:

Wouldn't it be funny if the club announced we didn't bother with the government's grant offer.

Imagine the meltdown on .net 🤣

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What’s the standard like in the Irish League these days? 

Certainly better than it was. The likes of Dundalk and Shamrock would probably do alright in the Championship, if not the Premiership. I'd imagine the lower end of the table is more lower Championship, even League One. Irish clubs seem to do much better to hold on to young talent and develop them themselves.

Just now, Locky said:

Certainly better than it was. The likes of Dundalk and Shamrock would probably do alright in the Championship, if not the Premiership. I'd imagine the lower end of the table is more lower Championship, even League One. Irish clubs seem to do much better to hold on to young talent and develop them themselves.

Nice one. Cheers. 

Just now, Lfhearts said:

Celtic and Rangers aside, Irish clubs are doing more in Europe than our representatives.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Halliday is ok if you want to shut a game down, bit like Bozanic, limited, but if you want someone to come on when you have a narrow lead, and under pressure.

Will be much more useful a tier up, albeit as a sub

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Ta😄!

Just now, jambonian said:

Wimgers, midfielders...

how about finding a central defender!?

Think we’ll have to make do with an extra RB until summer. 

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Haliday signed a 2 year deal I believe.

I thought it was a 1 year with the option to extend? I definitely wouldn't be taking up the option of extending it

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What’s the standard like in the Irish League these days? 

Dundalk and Shamrock always seem to get results in Europe, so you'd imagine they are pretty decent sides. From my understanding the drop off in quality after the big teams, like the vast majority of nations including ours, is quite severe.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Lfhearts said:

They still manage to get teams through to the Europa League, where anyone here seems to struggle, beyond the obvious 2

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Ta😄!

I'd imagine Lfhearts opinion on the Irish league is quite ill informed and judgemental. Something that I don't think we Scots have a right to do to any countries league!

Berra than you
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

I thought it was a 1 year with the option to extend? I definitely wouldn't be taking up the option of extending it

Just checked back and it was a 2 year deal. Tbh I think he's a fairly useful squad player and as someone as mentioned will likely be more useful next season. I don't see him as a starter though so if he's expecting to be I'd move him on.

12 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

You're right but it's the pronunciation that's important, the only place name in the English language with 6 silent letters at the start.

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Name?

No, I’m not in the know. Going by what RN has said in the press recently. 

Edited by GinRummy

19 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

That's a bit of a strange initiation for the boy!

Nothing wrong with a bit of team bonding 😂

Like the sound of Kasteneer

Spoke very well and seems hungry & keen to play

Hope he can kick on back to his old level of performance

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Do you think you can help us win the League, what a waste of a question

::facepaw::

Saw that. Na I'm shite and will probably derail your season 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Do you think you can help us win the League, what a waste of a question

::facepaw::

Absolutely hate such pointless, empty questions. 'You won today so I guess you're happy?', 'Are you the right man for the job?' etc.

Kidd’s Boots

Sounds like we're getting round pegs to fill round holes in this window. RN spoke about systems in an interview the other day, and it looks like he and Savage are on the same page about what's needed, and where to find them. A really good time to get these players in and functioning within that system, get all the teething problems sorted out this season.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )