January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

4 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Lad born in Derry who plays for ROI. He’ll be a target for our support after 5 minutes. Will have to play like Rudi to not get stick 

Only if he's another Frear or Roberts

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Lad born in Derry who plays for ROI. He’ll be a target for our support after 5 minutes. Will have to play like Rudi to not get stick 

Folk like you are the issue. 

7 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Rubbish.

7 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Lad born in Derry who plays for ROI. He’ll be a target for our element of thick twats. Will have to play like Rudi to not get stick 

FTFY

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Daniel McDonnell who appears to be an Irish football journalist saying McEneff will be joining Hearts today for a fee of around €200,000.

RustyRightPeg

Robbie and Joe been playing Footie Man. McEneff is always a player worth taking a punt on in the game. 

Let’s hope it’s pushed through 

11 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s quite frankly despicable that we haven’t signed anyone on deadline day yet to be honest...

:waiting:

That'll be the Irish CM someone on here mentioned yesterday. Savage has history of shopping in that league with Preston I think.

Must be fairly highly rated if we're paying that kind of fee for him.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Shamrock fans seem gutted. Good sign.

The replies to the Irish Journo are encouraging. They’re actually happy for him coming to us which is always decent to see as well

4 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Maybe Joel can get a team in Ireland

Looks like a young Mark Noble. Good enough for me 😀

Can take a pen too

Edited by Jamhammer

Looks like Olly Lee upgrade, picks up very similar positions, the way he strikes the ball looks similar but quicker speed of thought and better dribbler.

Niemi’s gloves
44 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Rzatowski is one who, on paper, I would jump at. 

I don’t get all the chat about this guy. Is he resident in the UK since before Dec 31st? He’s German, has never played for a UK club and not an international. How can we sign him post-Brexit?

The Irish guy mentioned is different. People from Ireland have had a legal right to live and work here for the 100 odd years of the Republic’s existence and that isn’t changed by Brexit.

1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

That'll be the Irish CM someone on here mentioned yesterday. Savage has history of shopping in that league with Preston I think.

Must be fairly highly rated if we're paying that kind of fee for him.

Came through the Tottenham academy apparently.

Berra than you

I would imagine this might put the Allan Campbell rumours to bed? Can't see us spending half a million on two players who are fairly similar? Could be wrong though

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Daniel McDonnell who appears to be an Irish football journalist saying McEneff will be joining Hearts today for a fee of around €200,000.

My granny used to love him, my old dear had to take her to all of his concerts

13 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

"Get real" 😂

So looking long term for next season means we should only sign players under the age of 25 (but above 19)? What about guys like Kingsley and Boyce, are they too old to play Premiership football?

No clearly not, but our average age is too high and it shows.

16 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Londonderry surely?

😇😇

2 minutes ago, Renoir said:

Looks like Olly Lee upgrade, picks up very similar positions, the way he strikes the ball looks similar but quicker speed of thought and better dribbler.

Yeh that is what I was thinking aswell. 

Looks faster than Lee so it could be an upgrade.

23 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Mceneff video

Why do these videos always have ****ing horrific music?

Anyway, he looks pretty decent.

3 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I don’t get all the chat about this guy. Is he resident in the UK since before Dec 31st? He’s German, has never played for a UK club and not an international. How can we sign him post-Brexit?

The Irish guy mentioned is different. People from Ireland have had a legal right to live and work here for the 100 odd years of the Republic’s existence and that isn’t changed by Brexit.

Joint Response Group in Scotland secured the ability for us to sign players as it was pre-Brexit until this summer, due to the pandemic. 

Just now, Rods said:

Yeh that is what I was thinking aswell. 

Looks faster than Lee so it could be an upgrade.

Prince Philip can probably run faster than Lee tbf.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I would imagine this might put the Allan Campbell rumours to bed? Can't see us spending half a million on two players who are fairly similar? Could be wrong though

I would imagine it puts it to bed for signing him now, but we can still look to get him on a pre-contract.

Berra than you
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

I would imagine it puts it to bed for signing him now, but we can still look to get him on a pre-contract.

Yup. Although there would still be a weighty development fee for him. I would imagine that if we could shift damour permanently that may help someone. Been encouraged by Savage so far. Seems alot less scatter gun than previous windows.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
20 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Nonsense, if he tries he'll be liked. If he doesn't then he won't. No more to it than that.

29 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

McEneff's a number 10 as well. 

No signing anyone to protect the defence or improve it by the look of things.

Attack! Attack! Attack! 

1 hour ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Think we'll manage with what we have till end of the season. Be more worried if we weren't looking at others on pres for next season - which I imagine we will be. Findlay in and Soapy hopefully comes back fit and ready to go. Berra will venture off. Be well stocked if that was the eventuality.

1 hour ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Messi is over 30.

Would you rule him out.

Doesn't track back enough.  Not box-to-box either.    🙄

29 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

McEneff's a number 10 as well. 

No signing anyone to protect the defence or improve it by the look of things.

Attack! Attack! Attack! 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Attack! Attack! Attack! 

Seems that way. Score more goals than the other team, win the game. Cannae complain with the Kevin Keegan philosophy tbf.

Vlad the impaler
25 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Stephen Elliott managed just fine🙄

23 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

"Get real" 😂

So looking long term for next season means we should only sign players under the age of 25 (but above 19)? What about guys like Kingsley and Boyce, are they too old to play Premiership football?

You don’t get it do you? We don’t need more older players, we need a core of younger players instead, that we can build a squad around and then sell on. 

Boyce is our best player, of course he is not too old 😂

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Seems that way. Score more goals than the other team, win the game. Cannae complain with the Kevin Keegan philosophy tbf.

th-4.jpeg

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )