January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I get the evening news down here in the borders at 6.30am every morning so obviously an early edition 

Yeah, I get that. But I read it online. And online articles can be edited and adjusted for online - websites for newspapers usually have disclaimers under each article for that very reason. Just lazy online editing I think.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He's only just arrived, mitch, and he didn't play well. I don't think he wasn't interested and I'm sure he knows he had a bad game. 

I feel your frustration because he is a high profile signing and we expect big things from him.

Let's give him a bit more time and see how he goes.

He barely got a touch of the ball, partly through compact defending and slow build up play on our part. We don't seem to get to ball to our wingers very often unless we're going full tilt, its most often cross from deep from the full backs.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The hyphen and Gnandos need some training and less games. 

I wonder when folk will ever realise these are real people,  not robots. 

Never,  to answer my own question 

Just now, 132goals1958 said:

I am in a positive thinking mode and predict that John Souttar will finally put his injury woes behind him and come back stronger than ever. It will almost be like a new quality signing. Good luck to him

From what i've seen of Popescu he is far more comfortable playing on the right hand side of defence. He's a reasonable understudy for Souttar. Left side is still a problem. There's Berra and.........?

It's fine for Halkett to come in and cover if we're short (which is obvious) but it should be a priority now before anyone else is signed up. Findlay could be good, Dunne even better (that's not going to happen though) but it's something that needs fixed straight away. 

We're going to have to lose quite a few players in the summer to free up some wages. Even if we can't get certain folk in now we should be looking at trying to get them signed up on a pre-contract. O'Donnell for me is a no-brainer for competition for Smith. Brandon needs a fresh challenge somewhere else as he's been around the club for a few years now. Add Frear, Roberts, Moore, Damour, possibly Haring (seeing as he's completely out of it just now), Berra, Cochrane and probably one or two others and it's pretty obviuos we're squad heavy, just not in the correct areas of the field in places. 

20 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 

Mackay Steven would walk into any team in the premiership. Stop talking bollocks 

He's also not even fully fit yet. Marked by two at times speaks volumes of the threat he poses.

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Fraser Hornby could be a great signing for Don's has all the attributes to be great up here. Would have loved him at Hearts.

Certainly an astute loan. If he plays to his potential over the next few months he could force himself into the Euros squad.

23 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 

Mackay Steven would walk into any team in the premiership. Stop talking bollocks 

Yep. GMS is a quality player. Give him a chance to get fully match sharp. 

Just now, wavydavy said:

I am not so sure he would now. I thought he was very poor yesterday and seems to have lost some of his pace or else he wasn't bothered chasing the ball too hard.

I also notice that he is being played on the right wing when I am sure he used to play for Aberdeen mainly on the left.

He (Mackay-Steven) is technically a left-sided player but he can also cut in from the right and onto his stronger foot. Can play with pace through the middle as well. I thought he played quite well in front of Kingsley the other night but didn't look up to it yesterday. Didn't help that Dunfermline gave him no space at all to run at them but i think, with more space against better opposition you'll see the best of him, plus his fitness level should be higher after being out for several weeks. 

Edited by jambonian

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The hyphen and Gnandos need some training and less games. 

I wonder when folk will ever realise these are real people,  not robots. 

Never,  to answer my own question 

Real people and you’re calling one of the the hyphen 😂,  but I do completely agree with you.   Both are quality as is Boyce,  yet we are quick to get on their backs and criticise.   Pleased with the quality of these signings and it’s clear that GMS and especially Gnandos are quite far short of fitness.  

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Findlay would be a brilliant signing on a pre-contract. Perfect partner for Halkett as he's left sided and has pace to make up for Halkett's lack of it. Maybe he can convince Stephen O'Donnell to make the move as well. Allan Campbell would fit the mould as a partner for Irving in midfield as well. 

13 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Fraser Hornby could be a great signing for Don's has all the attributes to be great up here. Would have loved him at Hearts.

Impressed every time I saw him for Scotland u21s.

2 hours ago, Glencoejambo said:

How on earth is Cosgrove worth £2m??

Aberdeen have been a selling club for quite a few years now!

I think Hearts are doing better work in the signing department, let's hope we get a couple more in!

The mhanks got millions for Frimpong  who imo wasn't even worth 1 mill so anything is possible

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Certainly an astute loan. If he plays to his potential over the next few months he could force himself into the Euros squad.

Yup, its a good loan for both parties. If he comes back from it having had a good time then it allows him to push on next season in Ligue 1.

1 hour ago, Ford Prentice said:

Agree - also if we get all our signings sorted out this window there'll be nothing to talk/moan about in the Summer.

Ah, a dreamer. 🤣

Apparently Hornby is injured at present and about a month away from playing (from an Aberdeen fan).  I thought it was only us that signed injured players...

kingantti1874
25 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Agree but its a very short term loan.  There is no buy option. His team aren’t interested 

jamboinglasgow

Was looking at the first team squad, if you remove players likely to leave (Wighton and Moore,) players out for the rest of the season (Souttar, Brandon and Ginnelly) and those who are not going to get a game (Zlamel and Damour) then you are left with a first team squad of 19. Shows the importance of getting players tomorrow (though do wonder if some players who are out on loan get recalled.)

Not too sure about incomings, but my predication for tomorrow is:

- Wighton and Moore go out on loan

- at least 1 youth player going out on loan

- confirmation that Jay Sanderson and Mackenzie Lawler have left (their contracts are up today) 

Berra than you
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Was looking at the first team squad, if you remove players likely to leave (Wighton and Moore,) players out for the rest of the season (Souttar, Brandon and Ginnelly) and those who are not going to get a game (Zlamel and Damour) then you are left with a first team squad of 19. Shows the importance of getting players tomorrow (though do wonder if some players who are out on loan get recalled.)

Not too sure about incomings, but my predication for tomorrow is:

- Wighton and Moore go out on loan

- at least 1 youth player going out on loan

- confirmation that Jay Sanderson and Mackenzie Lawler have left (their contracts are up today) 

Tried making this point earlier. We are light in a number of areas and need either short term cover, or players that will compete next season and take the place of some of the players our of contract.

lost in space
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Alright everyone. Winger is having a medical today. Bye everyone. 

BUT, BUT,BUT............

Bloody tease!!!

Thanks though Notts

Jambo in Bathgate
12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You are a tease. Like feeding piranha !!!

LarrysRightFoot

Pars fan I know says the Turner to Hearts rumour doing the rounds there now. Also confirmed Turner and Thomas were fighting at training. 

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 

Aye walk he doesn’t  seem to like running.

7 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Kastaneer?

Would fit the bill. Described as “powerful and pacy” by the manager but only two appearances this season

1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Jodi Jones maybe? Seems out of favour

He’s injured I think, 2 ACLs in the past couple of years. 

30 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Do you think it will be announced today?

Just now, Swanny17 said:

He’s injured I think, 2 ACLs in the past couple of years. 

Ticks the box then 😃

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

He's only just arrived, mitch, and he didn't play well. I don't think he wasn't interested and I'm sure he knows he had a bad game. 

I feel your frustration because he is a high profile signing and we expect big things from him.

Let's give him a bit more time and see how he goes.

If he’d of tried a leg that would of made the difference but he just couldn’t be bothered. I know the camera work yesterday was quite different to say the least but you could see all the outfield players most of the time and although GMS was poor on the ball, off the ball he was lazy and uninterested. I really expected him to have a real go in this league for Hearts but in my opinion he should of been hooked at halftime.

I guess it'll have to be either be Wesley Jobello or Gervane Kastaneer. Neither getting a game, with the former having recently recovered from a cruciate injury and the latter out of favour due to attitude and ability.

4 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Jodi Jones maybe? Seems out of favour

That's what iam thinking.    On road to recovery.  Hasn't played a match for first team.    

part_time_jambo
6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If he’d of tried a leg that would of made the difference but he just couldn’t be bothered. I know the camera work yesterday was quite different to say the least but you could see all the outfield players most of the time and although GMS was poor on the ball, off the ball he was lazy and uninterested. I really expected him to have a real go in this league for Hearts but in my opinion he should of been hooked at halftime.

have have have

Edited by part_time_jambo
just being a real smart ass

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )