January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

27 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

loicdamour After the dark🌚 always come the light🌝.
For the moment keep smiling, working and being positive for the future.
Boys are doing very well so far keep going for winning the league 💪🏽🇱🇻 @heartofmidlothianfc !

Wonder if people will still hate him for this after reading it all! 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Damour was a signing that looked decent on paper. Just didn't work. Strange really, Warnock played him for a season and he is not the easiest to please 

Agreed - was excited by him. Oh well! That's football. Look at Torres at Chelsea compared to Athletico. 

Henry. Henry.
37 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Welcome back David McCreery

David_McCreery.jpg

Enjoyed watching him play for Hearts.  Right little livewire

3 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Almost got 2 over the line ideally 3/4 in and we aim to have 4 out 

Exciting 👍

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Almost got 2 over the line ideally 3/4 in and we aim to have 4 out 

Hopefully it will be an interesting day. And if all that comes to pass, then if I can have a cheeky request Hearts, that you stagger announcements out through the whole day 😛

29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Damour was a signing that looked decent on paper. Just didn't work. Strange really, Warnock played him for a season and he is not the easiest to please 

There were many on here creaming themselves about his pedigree 

anything foreign nobody who was a waste of a wage 

15 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I know fans are always going to have a dig. I do too, especially when fans overrate players or give certain ones a free pass. But  I’ll never get being angry at a player for not being picked when they don’t want them picked - same thing happens with Roberts right now. They’re not breaking into Foundation of Hearts’ safe and stealing our monthly contributions. They were offered a contract with the club and they want to play to earn their keep but the management team deemed them not good enough. That’s not their fault, what do people want them to do, give the wages back?

No. In most cases it’s definitely not the payers fault. 

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Xenophobic comment imo. 

44 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Never played for Villa Dave, agree though. Can't even remember the guys name,  might have been Whelan, its taken months to wipe my bad memories.

Whelan was, like Damour, a decent looking signing on paper. 

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hopefully it will be an interesting day. And if all that comes to pass, then if I can have a cheeky request Hearts, that you stagger announcements out through the whole day 😛

10am, 5pm and midnight will do me 

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

He played all season in the Championship when Cardiff were promoted and started off playing in the Premiership before fading out the team. Hardly a foreign "nobody" but his career has certainly stalled since

Just now, davemclaren said:

Whelan was, like Damour, a decent looking signing on paper. 

Never thought that from day one....took all the abuse for daring to question the signing but when you're right you're right

Opinions eh.

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Never thought that from day one....took all the abuse for daring to question the signing but when you're right you're right

Opinions eh.

No-one is always right though. 😎

adambraejambo
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I know fans are always going to have a dig. I do too, especially when fans overrate players or give certain ones a free pass. But  I’ll never get being angry at a player for not being picked when they don’t want them picked - same thing happens with Roberts right now. They’re not breaking into Foundation of Hearts’ safe and stealing our monthly contributions. They were offered a contract with the club and they want to play to earn their keep but the management team deemed them not good enough. That’s not their fault, what do people want them to do, give the wages back?

Maybe the fans would have a slightly better opinion of Damour if he had shown us just a little respect on May12th. Daily Record interview where he said he would need to consider his options if we went down. Other players prob felt the same as well but they didnt run to the tabloids when our club was getting trod on by every 

2nd person in the press.

HillmanHearts
8 minutes ago, Henry. Henry. said:

Enjoyed watching him play for Hearts.  Right little livewire

Yeah me too.

Great wee player.

Buzzed about, broke up play, moved it on.

Kinda opposite to Whelan.

Mind you, like a lot of folk, I was desperate for the Whelan deal to get over the line  🤬

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Wonder if people will still hate him for this after reading it all! 

If he is injured surely the club would just have said “he is injured” 🤷‍♂️ Don’t have much time for massively high earners who aren’t contributing at all, and who went public on not wanting to stay despite his massive wage

Edited by kingantti1874

5 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Maybe the fans would have a slightly better opinion of Damour if he had shown us just a little respect on May12th. Daily Record interview where he said he would need to consider his options if we went down. Other players prob felt the same as well but they didnt run to the tabloids when our club was getting trod on by every 

2nd person in the press.

Although I understand where you’re coming from, but your point is less valid considering Damour has had the anger towards him long before that article. And if he approached the tabloids then that’s one thing, if they asked him a question over the phone and he answered that’s another.

Guess The Crowd
18 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

CFC5224C-90D4-4D78-88B9-A68370A0AD7E.jpeg

That takes me back. January 2006. Haven’t googled, but the one in the middle of the 5 players I don’t instantly recognise? 

Just now, Guess The Crowd said:

That takes me back. January 2006. Haven’t googled, but the one in the middle of the 5 players I don’t instantly recognise? 

Chris Hackett

Shanghai Hearts
1 minute ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Chris Hackett I think 

HillmanHearts

Might find that Ross may sniff around Findlay too ?

Basically because Hearts are interested, but also as he has now realised that Hanlon is quite pish and that Porteous could be offski in the not too distant future.

Edited by HillmanHearts
Spelling

9 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Yeah me too.

Great wee player.

Buzzed about, broke up play, moved it on.

Kinda opposite to Whelan.

Mind you, like a lot of folk, I was desperate for the Whelan deal to get over the line  🤬

Exactly what we need . I'd take him now even if he only had one knee .

Just as before

Guess The Crowd
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Chris Hackett

3 minutes ago, Shanghai Hearts said:

Chris Hackett I think 

Well done. Would never have remembered that. Vlad and Rix’s signings all mixed together. Utter chaos. Those were the days!

vlad on the tyne

Think after signing gms and Gnando the bar might be a bit lower for what comes in this window. Also we now need another winger. 

Hopefully Damour, Moore, Roberts, Wighton and Frear are no longer hearts players tomorrow. 

We need energy in the midfield area and hopefully Robbie realises this too. 

39 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

A very very busy day tomorrow, Going to have players lined up along gorgie road to keep all the incoming and outgoing players socially distanced 😂

👍😂  Oh the drama! 👀

3 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Well done. Would never have remembered that. Vlad and Rix’s signings all mixed together. Utter chaos. Those were the days!

One of Rix’s signings from his time in England I think. Lee Johnson another. Think Neil McCann is technically one of his too when he saw he was released from Southampton on Sky Sports News! Not sure if he had much say in others though.

22 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Opinions eh.

Have to assume you had watched him a lot ?

Most of us looked at his pedigree and thought it looked like an ambitious , quality signing

7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Jonjoe Kenny on loan to Celtic from Everton

Hibs turn down new Nisbet bid...player not happy it seems

Hobos won't be happy either if it's £3m!

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Same reason Rangers signed Hagi on loan 🤷‍♂️ Get a player in a position you need and have a chance of signing him permanently if he does well. Same way Aberdeen got McCrorie

Rangers just put Kennedy on an extended contract, they are not loaning him out to sell him to another Scottish club

Салатные палочки
42 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

CFC5224C-90D4-4D78-88B9-A68370A0AD7E.jpeg

Baggy, ripped jeans, t-shirts and suit jackets. That picture screams 2006. 

haveyouheard1874
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Jonjoe Kenny on loan to Celtic from Everton

Hibs turn down new Nisbet bid...player not happy it seems

I think Nisbet is Ok but nout special , surely  the hobos canny knock back  the type of money being mentioned,, for  me its robbery without  violence 

4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Baggy, ripped jeans, t-shirts and suit jackets. That picture screams 2006. 

We should do a "Where are they now" show. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Remember the night at Tannadice several including Neilson got binned for the new signings, fax machine was red hot that night 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

I hope Billy Gilmour gets a loan move until the summer...just in case he is required for Scotland

Maybe Montrose to be with his mate Harry?

Joking apart, would be good to see him playing regularly 

Weakened Offender
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Remember the night at Tannadice several including Neilson got binned for the new signings, fax machine was red hot that night 

The Hearts support chanted Robbie's name throughout the match too. 

10 minutes ago, ericb said:

Frear to motherwell as part of Campbell deal??? 

Why would Motherwell want a player who is crap in the league below ?

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )