January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

Real people and you’re calling one of the the hyphen 😂,  but I do completely agree with you.   Both are quality as is Boyce,  yet we are quick to get on their backs and criticise.   Pleased with the quality of these signings and it’s clear that GMS and especially Gnandos are quite far short of fitness.  

Not keen on the GMS thing and my keyboard skills are shite. 

Pet name,  the hyphen,  hope he doesn't mind :)

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’s a good player but unless there was an option to buy, I just don’t see loans as beneficial right now. 

Maybe. I see about half the squad as Championship stop-gaps for now though. There will be a big turnover in summer. Walker, Boyce, Naismith, Halkett, Souttar, Gnando, GMS, Smith, Kingsley, Haring, Gordon, Irving if he signs are probably the only ones guaranteed to be here if they want to be here and we still want them.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe. I see about half the squad as Championship stop-gaps for now though. There will be a big turnover in summer. Walker, Boyce, Naismith, Halkett, Souttar, Gnando, Smith, Kingsley, Haring, Gordon, Irving if he signs are probably the only ones guaranteed to be here if they want to be here and we still want them.

Fair comment. I’d just like to see any signing this window having a decent shout at featuring next season. If we end up signing a winger from Coventry on a short term deal with no chance of extending I’d question the logic but it’s not my cash so que sera and all that. 

Edited by GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

:laugh:

We've put one of your wingers out for the season, who else you got?

Can we not take him back ? 

He was broken when we got him. 

Hope we kept our receipt. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fair comment. I’d just like to see any signing this window having a decent shout at featuring next season. If we end up signing a winger from Coventry on a short term deal with no chance of extending I’d question the logic but it’s not my cash so que sera and all that. 

Winning this league is all that matters this season. Would rather we didn't start building next year's team yet. If we wrap up this title early Neilson will have lots of time to start planning and identifying targets for next season

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Winning this league is all that matters this season. Would rather we didn't start building next year's team yet. If we wrap up this title early Neilson will have lots of time to start planning and identifying targets for next season

Again, that’s a fair opinion but I don’t think we need any loan signings to win the league or any more short term deals. If it’s the type of loan or short term deal that could be extended then that would be different. From what I’ve read Kai Naismith has a future at Ibrox so not for me tbh. 

Absolute Scenes
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I think he’ll turn into a great signing. Which bit of ‘been rubbish so far but early days’ was inaccurate? 

The whole oxymoron of it: early days, rubbish so far. Which is it? You can’t judge a player on two games

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Again, that’s a fair opinion but I don’t think we need any loan signings to win the league or any more short term deals. If it’s the type of loan or short term deal that could be extended then that would be different. From what I’ve read Kai Naismith has a future at Ibrox so not for me tbh. 

Certainly would have rather we had Kennedy than Raith in the second last Raith game. Strategic loans to help us cover injuries are fine by me.

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

The whole oxymoron of it: early days, rubbish so far. Which is it? You can’t judge a player on two games

That’s not an oxymoron. It’s not me judging the player either. The only thing I’ve judged his performances so far which I think have been rubbish.  I’ve also said i believe he’ll go on to be a good signing, which you have ignored. Nothing I said about him contradicts anything else I’ve said about him in any way. 

31 minutes ago, theshed said:

Saying hibs have knocked back 3m

Find that very hard to believe unless it was peanuts up front 

Yeah I find that risky. Might just become a 1 season wonder (or half season as he's not scored as much as start of season) so his value could be a lot less later on. Suppose they don't have a replacement for him. Hopefully they've missed a trick with not selling

Just now, AHS51 said:

Yeah I find that risky. Might just become a 1 season wonder (or half season as he's not scored as much as start of season) so his value could be a lot less later on. Suppose they don't have a replacement for him. Hopefully they've missed a trick with not selling

I think they are trying to negotiate for other teams to come in. Ron the Con will be wanting his money 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Aye that was my understanding. Can’t remember if it was just gossip or had some substance to it. 

Neilson rubbished the rumour in a radio interview and stated we hadn’t tried to sign him. That was the day after Nisbet stated we’d had an interest. Neilson intimated is was Nisbet’s agent playing games.

22 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not keen on the GMS thing and my keyboard skills are shite. 

Pet name,  the hyphen,  hope he doesn't mind :)

On the contrary - I'm sure he would have appreciated some posters are not righting him off quite yet, and allowing him to at least get match fit 1st!     :)

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Neilson rubbished the rumour in a radio interview and stated we hadn’t tried to sign him. That was the day after Nisbet stated we’d had an interest. Neilson intimated is was Nisbet’s agent playing games.

Thanks Ethan 👍. All makes sense. 

Guest ToqueJambo
41 minutes ago, CMc said:

Or hibs just planted the story in the first place to try to impress their fans. 

This. They do it all the time. Instead of trying to keep their best players and build a team they seem to constantly be pimping them out through the media. 

Hibs have not knocked back 3m for Nesbit and there have been no 2m offers for him unless it's a low up front appearance or instalments type thing. That's not much less than they got for McGinn FFS. When you think Cosgrove is a risk at 2m for Birmingham, which he is, Nesbit is an even bigger risk. He might be worth a 500k punt for someone in one of those "deal worth.." deals that take into account wages etc. Cosgrove is at least proven over a longer period at his level. How much do you bet if he goes it'll be an "undisclosed fee" job.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

On the contrary - I'm sure he would have appreciated some posters are not righting him off quite yet, and allowing him to at least get match fit 1st!     :)

I'm not writing him off just not writing his full name,  too long and have to switch keyboard for a hyphen.  Annoying 

1 hour ago, Jambo On Fire said:

Irish central midfielder signing tomorrow.  

Just had a flashback of that old ****er we signed from villa last season. PTSD kicked in for a minute.

2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Just had a flashback of that old ****er we signed from villa last season. PTSD kicked in for a minute.

Paddy Byrne was decent. Liked him. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Yes, he ran his Newsagents all week in Dublin them flew to Edinburgh on Friday for the game. I guess some people these days might object to that, but the fact he was good for us meant no probs back then

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Never played for Villa Dave, agree though. Can't even remember the guys name,  might have been Whelan, its taken months to wipe my bad memories.

42 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Missed a trick not going for Kai Kennedy on loan.

Why should we develop players for Rangers so they can reap the benefits, tinpot mentality 

4 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I think folk need to read the whole of Damours post before having a go to be fair. 

I said that further up the page but

people prefer to just have a go

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm not writing him off just not writing his full name,  too long and have to switch keyboard for a hyphen.  Annoying 

Hyphen is quite a cool name for him. GMS is easier to type although you do need to shift the cap lock a bit.

6 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I think folk need to read the whole of Damours post before having a go to be fair. 

I clicked on it and just got a picture of what was already on the screen. What’s the script?

4 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Agreed. Another one that gets hatred because his ability is limited. Had the utter gall to take a secure contract for him and his family. I mean, how dare he. Why people get angry at individual players rather than recruitment or management of said players is beyond me.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Agreed. Another one that gets hatred because his ability is limited. Had the utter gall to take a secure contract for him and his family. I mean, how dare he. Why people get angry at individual players rather than recruitment or management of said players is beyond me.

Are you saying there’s been no anger towards management? 😀

Edited by GinRummy

8 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Yeah after reading it I wondered if he's maybe rejoined training after his injury. Might actually be seeing more of him. 😬😁

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I clicked on it and just got a picture of what was already on the screen. What’s the script?

loicdamour After the dark🌚 always come the light🌝.
For the moment keep smiling, working and being positive for the future.
Boys are doing very well so far keep going for winning the league 💪🏽🇱🇻 @heartofmidlothianfc !

Just now, GinRummy said:

Are you saying there’s been no anger towards management? 😀

Not at all! Just saying if I was offered a contract at, say, Brighton and all I did was play crap then the fans have every right to want me nowhere near the team. But could you blame me for taking £10k a week for a decent length of time and a chance at playing at a decent level at Brighton?

It’s why I find the animosity towards him doesn’t make sense.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Damour was a signing that looked decent on paper. Just didn't work. Strange really, Warnock played him for a season and he is not the easiest to please 

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Why should we develop players for Rangers so they can reap the benefits, tinpot mentality 

Same reason Rangers signed Hagi on loan 🤷‍♂️ Get a player in a position you need and have a chance of signing him permanently if he does well. Same way Aberdeen got McCrorie

Edited by ToqueJambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Same reason Rangers signed Hagi on loan 🤷‍♂️ Get a player in a position you need and have a chance of signing him permanently if he does well. Same way Aberdeen got McCrorie

That's not black and white though. Life surely is black or white?

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not at all! Just saying if I was offered a contract at, say, Brighton and all I did was play crap then the fans have every right to want me nowhere near the team. But could you blame me for taking £10k a week for a decent length of time and a chance at playing at a decent level at Brighton?

It’s why I find the animosity towards him doesn’t make sense.

There’s been plenty animosity towards the people responsible for our shit signings. I get your point but fans are always going to have a dig at non performing players or players taking a wage and not playing. 

59 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Missed a trick not going for Kai Kennedy on loan.

We should have our own 17/18yr olds that can do a job. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There’s been plenty animosity towards the people responsible for our shit signings. I get your point but fans are always going to have a dig at non performing players or players taking a wage and not playing. 

I know fans are always going to have a dig. I do too, especially when fans overrate players or give certain ones a free pass. But  I’ll never get being angry at a player for not being picked when they don’t want them picked - same thing happens with Roberts right now. They’re not breaking into Foundation of Hearts’ safe and stealing our monthly contributions. They were offered a contract with the club and they want to play to earn their keep but the management team deemed them not good enough. That’s not their fault, what do people want them to do, give the wages back?

A very very busy day tomorrow, Going to have players lined up along gorgie road to keep all the incoming and outgoing players socially distanced 😂

jimmy the jambo
22 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

loicdamour After the dark🌚 always come the light🌝.
For the moment keep smiling, working and being positive for the future.
Boys are doing very well so far keep going for winning the league 💪🏽🇱🇻 @heartofmidlothianfc !

Possibly watched the Liverpool documentary on Sky and tried to get philosophical 🧐 

bigsuperslim1874
1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

A very very busy day tomorrow, Going to have players lined up along gorgie road to keep all the incoming and outgoing players socially distanced 😂

What’s the chat - any idea on numbers in or out? 👍

2 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

What’s the chat - any idea on numbers in or out? 👍

Almost got 2 over the line ideally 3/4 in and we aim to have 4 out 

4 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Anything less than a bus load I’ll be sadly disappointed

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )