January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Tynecastlesmychurch
3 hours ago, JTJ said:

It is Carlisle. They got him for about £30k. He was garbage at first, then suddenly started playing well and scoring goals. He got injured and has been very poor since. I doubt he'll score loads for Birmingham (unless they get penalties every game)

Cheers! 

Your probably right but let’s be fair sometimes a decent penalty taker comes in handy! 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Gimme an H...
8 minutes ago, Whatever said:

HEARTS SIGN INJURED PLAYERRS.

LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Worst banter ever. 

"Aw he's had injuries aye? WE'LL DEFO SIGN HIM THEN THAT'S OUR TYPE OF PLAYER HAHAHAHAHA" 

12 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Cheers! 

Your probably right but let’s be fair sometimes a decent penalty taker comes in handy! 

Ouch!

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Surely it’s Coventry’s first choice winger? They are tinpot. 

Championship team but still...how many games left? Would be aswell giving Henderson until the end of the season.

5 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Surely it’s Coventry’s first choice winger? They are tinpot. 

Mid-table in English Championship. Several levels above the level we’re currently playing at.

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

No doubt. It’s early days but he’s been rubbish so far. 

After 2 games, quality 

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I am not so sure he would now. I thought he was very poor yesterday and seems to have lost some of his pace or else he wasn't bothered chasing the ball too hard.

I also notice that he is being played on the right wing when I am sure he used to play for Aberdeen mainly on the left.

not match fit and hasn’t played since December but aye after 2 games you’ve seen he’s lost pace...again, quality work there. 

1 hour ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

He's also not even fully fit yet. Marked by two at times speaks volumes of the threat he poses.

thank you, common sense prevailing. He’s an unreal player on his day and he needs to play games to get match fit, not sure why folk can’t see this 😂

What about Gervane Kastaneer  then.  

Right footed winger. 

Gervane Kastaneer:

The Dutch forward is 18 months into his three year contract at Coventry and doesn’t appear to have a future at the club.

The Sky Blues have been actively trying to relocate the 24-year-old, unable to move him on in the summer transfer window.

City are unlikely to get a fee but his departure would free up wages.

Kastaneer had been nursing an injury in recent weeks but was back among the nine substitutes at Norwich and, like Hilssner, a loan move might be the best option for the player.

At this stage of his career he needs to see if he can get a run of games and discover a bit of form that might help attract interest in the summer market.

Edited by HMFC01

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

After 2 games, quality 

not match fit and hasn’t played since December but aye after 2 games you’ve seen he’s lost pace...again, quality work there. 

thank you, common sense prevailing. He’s an unreal player on his day and he needs to play games to get match fit, not sure why folk can’t see this 😂

Yes that’s why I said early days. I’m sure he'll turn out grand. What do you think of him so far?

Absolute Scenes
Just now, GinRummy said:

Yes that’s why I said early days. I’m sure he'll turn out grand. What do you think of him so far?

I think it’s clear as day he’s not match fit and so to get him match fit, he needs to play games. So I don’t mind if right this second in time, we aren’t seeing his full ability and talent. I think he’s a great player and still class it is a coup that we’ve signed him. 

27 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If he’d of tried a leg that would of made the difference but he just couldn’t be bothered. I know the camera work yesterday was quite different to say the least but you could see all the outfield players most of the time and although GMS was poor on the ball, off the ball he was lazy and uninterested. I really expected him to have a real go in this league for Hearts but in my opinion he should of been hooked at halftime.

Don't recognise that at all.

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

I think it’s clear as day he’s not match fit and so to get him match fit, he needs to play games. So I don’t mind if right this second in time, we aren’t seeing his full ability and talent. I think he’s a great player and still class it is a coup that we’ve signed him. 

I think he’ll turn into a great signing. Which bit of ‘been rubbish so far but early days’ was inaccurate? 

9 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

What about Gervane Kastaneer  then.  

Right footed winger. 

Gervane Kastaneer:

The Dutch forward is 18 months into his three year contract at Coventry and doesn’t appear to have a future at the club.

The Sky Blues have been actively trying to relocate the 24-year-old, unable to move him on in the summer transfer window.

City are unlikely to get a fee but his departure would free up wages.

Kastaneer had been nursing an injury in recent weeks but was back among the nine substitutes at Norwich and, like Hilssner, a loan move might be the best option for the player.

At this stage of his career he needs to see if he can get a run of games and discover a bit of form that might help attract interest in the summer market.

This seems very likely to me.  

17 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Don't recognise that at all.

I’ve not got much doubt he will do well for us but what exactly did you see on Saturday that Mitch and I missed? He was absolutely anonymous and ineffective. 

Edited by GinRummy

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Who’s the balloon that plays when he’s not fit, and who’s the balloon that picks an unfit player. 

TBF he said match-fit, not 'fit'. Very different. Have to play matches to get fully match-fit.

25 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Mid-table in English Championship. Several levels above the level we’re currently playing at.

Standard down there is pap. We’d do Coventry easily 

42 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Cheers! 

Very true! 😄

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

This seems very likely to me.  

His you tube videos, wyscout, are tremendous.   Albeit from four year ago.   I recommend a watch.   Exciting player if his fitness and attitude are good.   Definitely got ability and pace. 

4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

His you tube videos, wyscout, are tremendous.   Albeit from four year ago.   I recommend a watch.   Exciting player if his fitness and attitude are good.   Definitely got ability and pace. 

Loan with an option to buy maybe? Like others,I just don’t see the point in loans to tide us over ‘till the end of the season at this point.

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

TBF he said match-fit, not 'fit'. Very different. Have to play matches to get fully match-fit.

Well when you watch the game he’ll never get fit unless he at least try’s a leg.

Obligatory YouTube videos:

Here’s one from a Coventry fan 6 months ago talking about whether he should stay or go. “Until he got injured, he was brilliant”

...the goal against Bristol Rovers the guy talks about it towards the end of this video:

Edited by BackOfTheNet

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Who’s the balloon that plays when he’s not fit, and who’s the balloon that picks an unfit player. And who’s the balloon that calls a fellow Jambo a balloon. Manners cost nothing try having some respect my wee pal.

To be fair Mitch, you build up match fitness by playing matches. And, if we didn't want to do that with GMS, who would we have played in his place? Yes, we're all Jambos, cough, on the forum so we should hope we get a few successful seasons out of at least some of these signings - I think we will in this case.

2 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

Can't wait to see the Reigns off Kastaneer. 

There will be no more Game of Thrones jokes at this time. 

King Of The North Bridge 

This Coventry is another left winger which we don’t need since GMS signed

The 24-year-old Dutch winger (left) appears to no longer have a future at the Midlands club and is expected to leave in the January window. The former NAC Breda ace predominantly plays on the left.

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

This Coventry is another left winger which we don’t need since GMS signed

The 24-year-old Dutch winger (left) appears to no longer have a future at the Midlands club and is expected to leave in the January window. The former NAC Breda ace predominantly plays on the left.

A right footed left winger I believe. So imagine GMS would play on the right.

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Shame for them to go to so much trouble if it turns out we’re signing someone from Coventry...

Anyone ITK about this Coventry winger or is it just pure speculation?

Just woke up and CBA scrolling through the thread with arguing about GMS etc

25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’ve not got much doubt he will do well for us but what exactly did you see on Saturday that Mitch and I missed? He was absolutely anonymous and ineffective. 

Okay, not at his best but a bit over critical IMO. Let's face it, you could choose several other players who were exactly that in the first half.

17 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Anyone ITK about this Coventry winger or is it just pure speculation?

Just woke up and CBA scrolling through the thread with arguing about GMS etc

Based on one poster saying its a winger getting a medical.   Another saying he's from Coventry.   Then the rest of us forming speculative banter based on boredom.  ☺ 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Bazza saying Birmingham have now bid 2 Mill for Nisbet 😬

Hibs getting the deal of the century with that. 

He's bang average. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Sun saying 3 Mill 😕🤯

3 million what? 

Chocolate coins? 

Bonkers money. 

29 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Here’s one from a Coventry fan 6 months ago talking about whether he should stay or go. “Until he got injured, he was brilliant”

He was talking about pre-season friendlies in that sentence, though.

It's a short-term loan that we've had to arrange at short notice, so we're not going to get a world-beater, but the stuff about playing a couple of games and then disappearing raises alarm bells for me.

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

Based on one poster saying its a winger getting a medical.   Another saying he's from Coventry.   Then the rest of us forming speculative banter based on boredom.  ☺ 

One of the few posters who is genuinely ITK.

26 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Okay, not at his best but a bit over critical IMO. Let's face it, you could choose several other players who were exactly that in the first half.

Aye the first half wasn’t great. Sure GMS will come good in time.

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

After 2 games, quality 

Thanks. We will soon see how quick he is once he is fully match fit. In your expert opinion how long will that take ?

I always thought that you would lose a bit of staying power when not fully match fit but you will still show bursts of pace.

Time will tell though.

bigsuperslim1874
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

3 million what? 

Chocolate coins? 

Bonkers money. 

What’s bloody irritating is most folk could see he was a worthwhile investment regardless of what folk think of his actual ability (FWIW I think he is decent and was peeved we didn’t move for him). And so the Hobos could make a tidy profit. 😤

Just now, bigsuperslim1874 said:

What’s bloody irritating is most folk could see he was a worthwhile investment regardless of what folk think of his actual ability (FWIW I think he is decent and was peeved we didn’t move for him). And so the Hobos could make a tidy profit. 😤

I think we did move for him. There were certainly strong rumours.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )