January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Boyce getting sold would be mental. Unless the money is mental. Best forward at the club and arguably our best player. 

Yep. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

But he has pace, drive and desire to get into the box and can score from driving in from wide.

No guarantees but the basics of effort, pace and desire are there.

Let's hope that rubs off on his team mates.

7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He looks pretty pissed off whenever I see him play/score etc. He doesn’t exude delight at being here.

Would probably piss me off playing for hearts and not getting many players close to him and seeing us chuck goals in at the back. 
Hope him and the new guy can compliment one another 

14 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Boyce's last 6 games:

QoS: 2 goals, 2 assists

Celtic: 1 goal

Ayr: 1 goal, 1 assist

Arbroath: off injured after 20

Alloa: on for 30 minutes, goal wrongly disallowed

Raith 2 goals

A bit more than just the 2 goals there.

To answer the question, I think Gnanduillet will be used from the bench initially, but I'd probably prefer Naismith to drop out of the two.

I’d love to see Naismith working in a free roll right behind Boyce and our new lad Armand , he’s definitely been missing lads on his same wavelength, if and as always with Hearts ,a big if ,they click ? The future looks bright /positive 🤞🏻

Apparently we were after someone (deal agreed with player), but backed out as an agent was being greedy.

Do we know if this is the guy? Have we maybe used Walsall as a bud of a stocking horse?

Welcome to the famous Armand! 

25 minutes ago, Sharky999 said:

I'd be going with this as well mate.

Looks good on paper but two strikers, two wingers leaves Naismith and Haring as your two midfielders 🤔

31 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Why would we want to sell Boyce? Still the best forward at the club. 

Boyce will be going nowhere. 

21 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Looks good on paper but two strikers, two wingers leaves Naismith and Haring as your two midfielders 🤔

I'm not sure Naismith will be a 100% starter or finisher (pardon the pun).  He can be a match winner but his game has been below par in general.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
33 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

If we actually played on the front foot with better movement in the attacking 5 it shouldn’t matter. Also Naismith would be more advance with Haring being cover/protector.

Different time, different players, different quality but against better teams - we were basically 4-1-3-2 under Burley.

Brellier in the Haring role

If Haring gets his form back he is more than capable of providing the steel needed in this league.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

First of all I get the feeling Boyce might be on his way - sold for a decent price. Dunno why just feel that might be what happens.

That aside with the current squad, personally in the championship I’d be playing  4-1-3-2

Yeah our defence is shit but if we actually had momentum and pace when we had possession it wouldn’t matter as much as we’d be out of sight most games.

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kinglsey

Haring

GMS

Nasmith

Ginnely

Boyce

Armand

No Irving??

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, Rabgee said:

No Irving??

No room in that formation.

Thats just a team I’d like to see picked this season. Not every game but at home against shite.

Suits the players chosen - but attacking players have to work hard without the ball. Should be a given anyway...

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I think Savage is part of the management team but as Robbie worked in England you would imagine he would be aware and probably seen him play as well. 

Armand was on the bench both times MK Dons played Blackpool whilst RN was manager. He didn’t get on in either game. I’d imagine RN was aware of him though and quite possibly saw him in the flesh.

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

First of all I get the feeling Boyce might be on his way - sold for a decent price. Dunno why just feel that might be what happens.

That aside with the current squad, personally in the championship I’d be playing  4-1-3-2

Yeah our defence is shit but if we actually had momentum and pace when we had possession it wouldn’t matter as much as we’d be out of sight most games.

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kinglsey

Haring

GMS

Nasmith

Ginnely

Boyce

Armand

I assume this is a post Robbie Neilson side because there is no way he’s ever going to pick it

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Armand was on the bench both times MK Dons played Blackpool whilst RN was manager. He didn’t get on in either game. I’d imagine RN was aware of him though and quite possibly saw him in the flesh.

Armand came on second half 12th Aug 2017 for Blackpool at home against MK Don's when Robbie was their manager. Blackpool won 1-0.

Two wingers makes sense, but I wonder if we might play something asymmetric? 

Not advocating it, but could see Boyce slightly dropped off the front in an inside left channel with one proper winger on the right. 

We don’t have anything like the mobility in midfield for a two man central midfield unit, therefore, assuming Armand starts, Boyce is on the bench or dropping deeper/wider. 

if we have Boyce, Naismith and Berra on the bench, we’re spending big on non-starters. 

We only have two wingers worth picking so they may end up competing for one spot. 

would rather see both start personally. 

likelihood is we will see lots of combinations with all the available players. May well mix 442, 4411 and 451. Injuries, suspensions and varying opposition will probably dictate this. 

as long as whoever plays with him watches the videos and knows to hang the crosses up high for him to attack, well be grand. 

Looks a decent signing and should really be capable of scoring goals in this league. 

On a side not image the resident ITK’ers getting their arse handed to them by agentjambo. What a time to be alive. 😂

9 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Looks a decent signing and should really be capable of scoring goals in this league. 

On a side not image the resident ITK’ers getting their arse handed to them by agentjambo. What a time to be alive. 😂

The agentjambo kickback side story made me laugh.

Howdy Doody Jambo
41 minutes ago, CMc said:

Two wingers makes sense, but I wonder if we might play something asymmetric? 

Not advocating it, but could see Boyce slightly dropped off the front in an inside left channel with one proper winger on the right. 

We don’t have anything like the mobility in midfield for a two man central midfield unit, therefore, assuming Armand starts, Boyce is on the bench or dropping deeper/wider. 

if we have Boyce, Naismith and Berra on the bench, we’re spending big on non-starters. 

We only have two wingers worth picking so they may end up competing for one spot. 

would rather see both start personally. 

likelihood is we will see lots of combinations with all the available players. May well mix 442, 4411 and 451. Injuries, suspensions and varying opposition will probably dictate this. 

as long as whoever plays with him watches the videos and knows to hang the crosses up high for him to attack, well be grand. 

4-3-3, 3-4-3 or 4-5-1 also possibilities, think the main thing is that we have a good strong squad to finish games strong from the bench with several options now, just the attitude and application is required to hammer teams 

We should just let teams worry about us and not have to change our system at all 

Boycie should benefit from playing alongside Armand, I would go with the pair of them every week it is the championship afterall, with Naismith in behind at the top of a midfield diamond, GMS and Ginnelly either side with Haring or Halliday holding in front of a back 4 keeping a

4-4-2 and watch the opposition tihs itself, as long as this squad gives 100% we win every game in this league whatever formation we play 

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The agentjambo kickback side story made me laugh.

That alone makes the signing worth it regardless of how this boy turns out. Hope he does the damage though. 

Just now, Dazo said:

That alone makes the signing worth it regardless of how this boy turns out. Hope he does the damage though. 

He certainly looks the part. We've missed having a big striker who wins headers. Looks decent with the ball at his feet as well.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He certainly looks the part. We've missed having a big striker who wins headers. Looks decent with the ball at his feet as well.

Yep. Without any real insight I think this boy will do well, hopefully he is hungry to get back playing abs scoring goals. 

3 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

No actual names again then, guessing like the rest of us. Thanks for the update 

Always find comments like this Weird literally a thread for discussing and passing on info, been honest every time I’ve been asked a question and gave any info I can give but yeah I’m of course I’m just guessing and have been all this time. If you don’t like anything I post how about just ignore it 

Byyy The Light
20 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

4-3-3, 3-4-3 or 4-5-1 also possibilities, think the main thing is that we have a good strong squad to finish games strong from the bench with several options now, just the attitude and application is required to hammer teams 

We should just let teams worry about us and not have to change our system at all 

Boycie should benefit from playing alongside Armand, I would go with the pair of them every week it is the championship afterall, with Naismith in behind at the top of a midfield diamond, GMS and Ginnelly either side with Haring or Halliday holding in front of a back 4 keeping a

4-4-2 and watch the opposition tihs itself, as long as this squad gives 100% we win every game in this league whatever formation we play 

And not play Irving?

8 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I'm not sure Naismith will be a 100% starter or finisher (pardon the pun).  He can be a match winner but his game has been below par in general.

For awhile now.

5 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Always find comments like this Weird literally a thread for discussing and passing on info, been honest every time I’ve been asked a question and gave any info I can give but yeah I’m of course I’m just guessing and have been all this time. If you don’t like anything I post how about just ignore it 

Keep posting bud. I know for a fact that many posters on here look forward to you posting, myself included. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Keep posting bud. I know for a fact that many posters on here look forward to you posting, myself included. 

Appreciated and I Will do mate, we all come on here for the same thing to see if anyone’s had any little snippets of info. I know for a fact there will be info I don’t get someone else might on here, any info is better than no info In my eyes and if it comes to be true even better 👍🏻

Howdy Doody Jambo
7 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

And not play Irving?

Well obviously Irving would sit or play further forward in one of the 2 central midfield midfield positions in a diamond, many options how you mix it up I suppose 

Ainsley Harriott
9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kinglsey

Haring

GMS

Nasmith

Ginnely

Boyce

Armand

Swap Naismith for Irving and that would be my team

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Ma Roon said:

Well obviously Irving would sit or play further forward in one of the 2 central midfield midfield positions in a diamond, many options how you mix it up I suppose 

Ive wondered if Robbie was thinking diamond as well but not sure we’ve got the players to do it. Do GMS and Ginnelly have the engines to play in there? Hell of a lot of running involved for the 2 wider central midfielders as they need to support the fullbacks both going forward and in defence. Don’t see where Irving fits either.

Eddie The Eagle
35 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I Appreciate your honesty and info but kimo is only asking a question and up until now, and from what I have followed you don't actually give any names. If you have I've missed them so my apologies if you have. It seems like clever guess work to me

39 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Ignore @kimosavi mate he wanted hibs to beat Hearts. It’s hard to believe any Hearts fan would want hibs to win any game. 

3 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

I Appreciate your honesty and info but kimo is only asking a question and up until now, and from what I have followed you don't actually give any names. If you have I've missed them so my apologies if you have. It seems like clever guess work to me

Eddie! Been a while since i've seen you post. Any hot info?

Eddie The Eagle
Just now, GinRummy said:

Eddie! Been a while since i've seen you post. Any hot info?

It has

I find the arguing hard to take in so genuinely avoid these threads 

Defender close. 3 on the shortlist but we're only after one. Centre midfield is a priority as well all UK based players considering the current pandemic 

4 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Anyone know when the transfer window to quote Jim White slams shut in Scotland? 

Slams shut on Monday 1 February at midnight 

kingantti1874
9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Not saying we want to sell him.

Every player, price etc

no one in Scotland will be able to afford him outside rangers or Celtic. Neither of whom would want /need him.

Given the wage / spending cap also done see championship clubs being in the market

9 hours ago, DC_92 said:

To answer the question, I think Gnanduillet will be used from the bench initially, but I'd probably prefer Naismith to drop out of the two.

I would love to see Naismith playing behind Boyce and Gnanduillet in a poachers role. We have a few others who might be good there as well. Plus two wingers ? could be great to watch.

5 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

It has

I find the arguing hard to take in so genuinely avoid these threads 

Defender close. 3 on the shortlist but we're only after one. Centre midfield is a priority as well all UK based players considering the current pandemic 

Cheers. Any idea on names?

Eddie The Eagle
11 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Ignore @kimosavi mate he wanted hibs to beat Hearts. It’s hard to believe any Hearts fan would want hibs to win any game. 

From my recollection kimo wanted Craig Levein gone and was willing to take a defeat from Hibs in a league game, but only if it ensured that happened. If I recall correctly this was 3 or 4 years ago,  and in hindsight looking at what Mr Levein left behind in his trail,  I'd have also taken 1 defeat In a league game,  if it saved the complete mess he left behind him and the money we wasted trying to fix his inept management and transfer dealings 

Eddie The Eagle
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Cheers. Any idea on names?

None I'm afraid 

It would be pure guesswork on my behalf to give any names, but that usually changes the closer they are to being finalised. 

Just now, Eddie The Eagle said:

None I'm afraid 

It would be pure guesswork on my behalf to give any names, but that usually changes the closer they are to being finalised. 

👍

Eddie The Eagle

One thing I have heard is  Mr Joe Savage is doing a wonderful job so far and is impressing everyone at the club. The French forward was originally seen as, very much out of our wage bracket, but after walsall being very difficult we went back in with an offer which he's accepted. This is very much his man and I'd expect the defender to be a solid signing too considering his database of contacts and influence down south 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

there is a weird group on these threads who try and attack those who post info and follow them around. I completely agree with your last comment, would make these threads a lot nicer if those people just ignored it.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )