• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Now we just need to find the players to give him service, he'll be lucky to get a handful of goals a season with the players we have now.

On the contrary, with Gino on one wing, and GMS on the other, he should get plenty of service, it's the defence that's the issue, if we stop them going in, then we win games. 

7 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Yep.

Walsall wouldn't sell now, so we moved on.

We could still potentially try to sign him in the summer i suppose

Thanks for reply mate

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Do you know if we are trying to sign a midfielder that plays for a current SPL side? 

Yes but more likely to be summertime hard to deal with anyone this window, midfielder is our main target to have before this window shuts just like the striker we have a few in mind incase the Walsall scenario was to happen again. Neilson worried about us not creating enough killer chances against teams who sit in 

Just now, Barack said:

Massive name, CB. Nap. :jjyay:

Heard Ramon is unhappy at Real. I'm possibly putting 2+2 and getting 5. But who knows...?

:sadrobbo:

Sokratis Papastathopoulos is signing? 

:pleasing:

👌

quockerwodgerjambo
15 minutes ago, Barack said:

Very interesting.

Armando could put defenders into a state of ASMR , with his voice alone.

with the money we've saved on a fee for adebayo i'd love to see us get Findlay in now. 

A couple of real live wires to play right back and centre mid would also be perfect if possible. I don't see the appeal with Stephen O'Donnell personally and i include his games for scotland in my assessment 

2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Yes but more likely to be summertime hard to deal with anyone this window, midfielder is our main target to have before this window shuts just like the striker we have a few in mind incase the Walsall scenario was to happen again. Neilson worried about us not creating enough killer chances against teams who sit in 

That's a fair worry.  A midfielder who plays with good tempo would transform us and I honestly think our defence would look a lot better too.  I can see why it would be priority over CH.  It would have been my priority over striker tbh.  Hopefully it can happen.

A CH would be nice, but we'll be fine til summer if the one we really want isn't available until then.  If we just played more on the front foot from the start of every game, it'd be less of a bloody issue.  A new CM, plus Armand will help that.

Wondering if we could play Boyce in behind the new  striker in the Naismith/Walker role and put Naismith deeper in midfield to try and get a tune out him there.

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Can use both feet, physical, good in the air, can score goals , tricky and can hold up the ball!!!!! My alarm will go off the now it must be a dream .

Looks a cracking signing based on his video reel and looks like a real handful. Think he will link up with well with the wingers.

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

That's a fair worry.  A midfielder who plays with good tempo would transform us and I honestly think our defence would look a lot better too.  I can see why it would be priority over CH.  It would have been my priority over striker tbh.  Hopefully it can happen.

A CH would be nice, but we'll be fine til summer if the one we really want isn't available until then.  If we just played more on the front foot from the start of every game, it'd be less of a bloody issue.  A new CM, plus Armand will help that.

With the financial situation going on it wouldn’t be surprising if a few clubs panic and cash in on a player or 2 before losing them for free, all depends on what appears if we make the move 

5 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Wondering if we could play Boyce in behind the new  striker in the Naismith/Walker role and put Naismith deeper in midfield to try and get a tune out him there.

Put Naismith on the bench and bring him on for the last 30 mins if needed 

Just now, indianajones said:

I'd like to know what other 'big' clubs were interested in him. 

Derby and Coventry were mentioned on here. I have no idea if it’s true though. 

35 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Demitri maybe had a word and told him it would be a great move. And not to worry if you hit a dry patch. The fans will stick by you.

Aye, not fickle at all Hearts fans 😀

If he doesn’t score on his debut there will, genuinely be folk on here saying he’s not good enough

quockerwodgerjambo

Loic Damour 4 year deal, has played for decent clubs. has got 2 years to run down, still getting over ankle related issues or total shite ?

2007-2008 Strasbourg
Senior 2008-2011 Strasbourg
2011-2013 Boulogne
2014-2015 Frejus Saint-Raphael
2015-2017 Bourg-en-Bresse Peronnas
2017-2019 Cardiff City
2019-

Hearts

Edited by quockerwodgerjambo

30 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Mentioned the other week we wanted a defender potentially on loan which I presumed meant a centre back but the news this morning muddied that a little bit I believe if one becomes available then yes 👍🏻 That may be the deadline day one however which is my worry hearts and late deals I’m sure worries everyone 😂

So that means no then.

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Derby and Coventry were mentioned on here. I have no idea if it’s true though. 

You would have to seriously doubt it really. 

Scottish Championship or English Championship. 

Hope the guy is a success anyway. Can he play CB?

26 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Seems to be.

Top scorer for Blackpool 2 seasons running and scored 18 goals in 36 games.

He should be scoring for fun in this league.

If he gets the same serrvice he got a Blackpool.

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

No idea. 

😂 certainly likes a header. 

Starting to wonder now if this midfielder talk is to start looking for a replacement for Naismith. Said last year as soon as they start talking about finding a midfielder it's basically a sign he'll be gone soon. We have loads of midfielders and Naismith is likely our top earner. Can see him moving to coaching soon.

Pure speculation obviously.

29 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Seems to be.

Top scorer for Blackpool 2 seasons running and scored 18 goals in 36 games.

He should be scoring for fun in this league.

Noooooo don't curse him

few players in the top league due to have contracts ending this summer, quite a few of them getting on a bit but would obviously jump at the chance of Davis still. Think Findlay and Campbell are the best options there being in their 20s. Surprised to see Dembele there

240357214_Screenshot2021-01-25at17_17_47.png.6656d1f54f025e93f84b13655d747df4.png

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Welcome to Hearts lad. 

Wighton surely away now? 

Damour to follow. 

Need 3 strikers. Neilson doesn’t see Naisy as one it seems. 

3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

few players in the top league due to have contracts ending this summer, quite a few of them getting on a bit but would obviously jump at the chance of Davis still. Think Findlay and Campbell are the best options there being in their 20s. Surprised to see Dembele there

240357214_Screenshot2021-01-25at17_17_47.png.6656d1f54f025e93f84b13655d747df4.png

Campbell and Findlay are the only ones I would touch.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

At 28 year old, maybe prefer coming to a big club with ambitions to win things rather than diddy clubs like Coventry and Derby?

People worried about service. GMS, Ginelly, Irving, Smith and Kingsley can all put decent balls into the box.

Berra has a target for his fine long passes out of defence now🤣

6 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

What’s Dembele ever done? Another Daily Record myth of a player. 

40 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

On the contrary, with Gino on one wing, and GMS on the other, he should get plenty of service, it's the defence that's the issue, if we stop them going in, then we win games. 

Correct, and some pretty decent service from Irvine too.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

18 golas for Blackpool is a bloody proven goal scorer. Cannae belive it 🥰

Cannae wait until we turn him into a melon. 😂😂

6 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Correct, and some pretty decent service from Irvine too.

Smith and Kingsley can both put in decent balls as well from deep. I hope a big part of our training is getting players to improve their crossing and having runners getting into the box for second balls

17 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Please please please be a good signing. Boyce is a good striker but we've severely lacked in having a number of good strikers for years.

The service Boyce gets no wonder he looks poor, he has to move out of position to even see the ball.

He (Boyce) would score loads of goals in most teams, just not Hearts.

Just now, bawheed said:

The service Boyce gets no wonder he looks poor, he has to move out of position to even see the ball.

He's scored 11 goals for Hearts in 23 games and laid on 7. Is that poor? 🙄

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, bawheed said:

7 in 10 for us this season at that rate he'll have his best every goals to game ratio for a season in his career. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Looks as if he scares goalkeepers,  I like that. 

Loads of variety in the goals. Hopeful this is a good one 

22 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I'd love us to get Gallagher, Campbell & Findlay. 

Reckon Campbell is almost certainly off down south but Gallaghers baggage might keep him in Scotland and Findlay would be a very solid move. 

In the summer I'd like to see the back of: Halkett, Frear, Roberts, Wighton, plus Doyle, Bobby, Damour too and Berra as he's not the player he was sadly so there will be a bit of rebuild necessary over the summer. Hoping Robbie tries to incorporate as much youth as possible into the first team. Logan, Smith, Hamilton, Cochrane maybe Flatman too. 

The last thing I want to see us do is fill the team with journeymen types that aren't going to offer anything. Signings like Bozanic makes no sense from either being good enough or young enough to develop. Would rather focus on getting the best youngsters we can with a minimal amount of journeymen (ideally made up from 'best of the rest' top flight clubs) and older players in the mould of Berra, Gordon, Naismith. Whelan was the right sort too, its just a shame he clearly didn't want to be here. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )