January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Robbie and Joe will need to have a serious discussion about whether to give Ginnelly a contract or have another look in Joe's black book for another option.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Robbie and Joe will need to have a serious discussion about whether to give Ginnelly a contract or have another look in Joe's black book for another option.

in the minutes he’s been on the pitch Gino has been one of the most exciting players I’ve seen for years.. 

but, we can’t keep him on the pitch.. sadly, and with a heavy heart.. it’s a no from me

Olly Lee scored twice for Gillingham tonight.   Seems to not have a bad record with them on his loan spells.

Not suited to Scottish football, head not in the game, or just used badly? 

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Olly Lee scored twice for Gillingham tonight.   Seems to not have a bad record with them on his loan spells.

Wasn’t a bad player for us. Very decent on his day. 

He wanted to go back down south for family reasons and we weren’t going to keep a player who didn’t fully want to be here.

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Is Wighton actually away? 

You get the felling that Robbie does not rate him 

said he’s hopping for 2 more players to come in 

if wighton is away then we need another striker IMO 

40 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Is Wighton actually away? 

Works for both parties club and player no loan deal just get him off the books free up a wage and bring someone else in . 

It was never going to work out from day one with him I am sure his first game was Livingston at home 0,0 couldn’t believe it when he came on v Celtic in 2019 cup final and when he stepped up to take the pens in 2020 final I had to walk out the room . Think the pressure of playing for Hearts is to much for him and he looks like he lacks confidence. 

He will end up back at Dundee or Inverness and bang in 10/15 goals a season . But I like looking at our line up and bench without his name on it.

1 hour ago, Kyle1874 said:

You get the felling that Robbie does not rate him 

said he’s hopping for 2 more players to come in 

if wighton is away then we need another striker IMO 

Wighton away and adebayo in is my guess 

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Too quick for him. 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 minute ago, ericb said:

We won't be signing Adebayo now that we've signed Gnanduillet. Was one or the other it seems.

4 minutes ago, ericb said:

Different types of player tho 

If he dose go I think we would need 2 strikers but would wait till next season if it meant getting who we want 

For anyone interested, asked about wighton hearts ideally want to keep him till summer for depth but I believe he has a couple offers with a longer term deal which will be difficult for us to stop that from happening especially in this financial state. If he does go it’s unlikely there will be a replacement brought in 

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Wasn't suited to Scottish football imo, He had very good abilty but because he was quite slow and with the 100mph pace and aggresive nature that the game has up here, He never got much time on the ball to do anything with that ability, On the odd occasion he did and contributed well by scoring the odd goal and getting a few assists, but for me he didn't work hard enough off the ball and also did very little in a defensive sense, Good luck to him, Maybe found his level/place at Gillingham?

quockerwodgerjambo
8 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Nobody knows matey, it's all just guess work.

The guess work is that Walsall were told to shut it.

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

For anyone interested, asked about wighton hearts ideally want to keep him till summer for depth but I believe he has a couple offers with a longer term deal which will be difficult for us to stop that from happening especially in this financial state. If he does go it’s unlikely there will be a replacement brought in 

Best for both parties if he goes elsewhere 

A_A wehatethehibs
10 hours ago, tian447 said:

Perfectly good player for us. Played well for us at Hampden on multiple occasions including a crucial contribution vs Hibs. Also a belter at ER. Not involved in our relegation slide and had he been here, we would have got more points. Shame he left with 2 silver medals but not easy to overcome Celtic. Good luck to him. 

To answer the question of what went wrong with lee? The answer is the same as everything else that went wrong, Craig Levein. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

As much as Wighton improved in the lower league this season, he's not good enough for where we want to get to. Seems a decent lad and will always be thankful for the goal against Hibs but I for one won't shed any tears if he moves on now. 

Does leave us a little short up top if we get an injury though which is he only worry. I don't want to see Roberts play ever again never mind centre forward! 

8 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

He is nowhere near the standard required over the course of even half a season say. The odd glimpse, and they have been odd, don't merit him staying. His wage, and that if so many in his situation at Hearts, needs freed up and ASAP. Hopefully he and others go this month. 

Edited by GavK1012

Ginnelly  looks like he’ll be constantly injured. I think that’s the 2nd time his hamstring has went inside 20 minutes.

Too risky imho especially on a long term deal. 

A_A wehatethehibs

We’ve got enough up front for Wighton to leave now IMO. The main 3 and then in case of emergency, Henderson, Walker. And then absolute worst worst case Michael Smith could do a job there. And if he’s out as well just forfeit the game rather than play Roberts there. 

Gimme an H...

We absolutely need another striker if Wighton goes. 

Can't believe there's folk thinking we can keep going with only two proper strikers 😂

We needed another striker this window because we only had Boyce and Wighton, we got one in. If we lose Wighton we have to replace him. 

Naismith is never a striker nowadays. I'd be happy if he moved on tbh. 

8 minutes ago, OTT said:

Ginnelly  looks like he’ll be constantly injured. I think that’s the 2nd time his hamstring has went inside 20 minutes.

Starting to think the same. Surely Savage's opinion on this will be crucial. 

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Can't believe there's folk thinking we can keep going with only two proper strikers 😂

We needed another striker this window because we only had Boyce and Wighton, we got one in. If we lose Wighton we have to replace him. 

We need a Center half / defender and a Center mid far far more than we need a third choice striker. 

14 hours ago, BIG ECK said:

Boy on left......new centre half????

Na, look at his legs! Couldnae trap a pig in a close. 😂

18 minutes ago, OTT said:

I would be sending him back to PNE.

We already have Souttar/Haring/Brandon occupying the always injured/unfit positions.

Good player but we can't afford to have him taking up a place in squad if going to constantly break down.

Unfortunate for the lad as there is a player there, but Hearts come first.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

We already have Souttar/Haring/Brandon occupying the always injured/unfit positions.

Good player but we can't afford to have him taking up a place in squad if going to constantly break down.

With a heavy heart i agree. From what little we’ve seen he’s the best winger I’ve seen at the club for some time. But we don’t seem to be able to get 90mons from him.

I hope we haven’t rushed him back from previous hammy 

Vlad the impaler

With Ginnelly I would be inclined to give him a year to prove his fitness. It may be that he just needs a run of games or a pre season to build himself up. If we decided against taking him on guaranteed he’d go be a success with no injuries elsewhere

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Yeah, I mean if the physios can investigate why and figure out if its a physical problem i.e they're ****ed, or if its a Ginnelly problem, i.e he's not warming up correctly that would hopefully identify the issue. 

But totally agree. We shouldn't knowingly be signing someone who's likely to spend a significant portion of their contract on the injury table. Its a real shame because Gino looks a player, but he breaks down far too often for someone his age. Just looking here https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/josh-ginnelly/verletzungen/spieler/325104 and it looks like the hamstring issues have only started when he joined us (shock horror) and he's been at 10 other clubs before now. So either Transfermarkt is wrong (possible) or theres potentially still an issue with our training/conditioning actually at the club. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
2 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

With Ginnelly I would be inclined to give him a year to prove his fitness. It may be that he just needs a run of games or a pre season to build himself up. If we decided against taking him on guaranteed he’d go be a success with no injuries elsewhere

100%. I'd hope we could maybe be a bit creative with our offer, like an initial one-year deal with an extension/pay-rise if he plays X number of games next season. Offering him a long-term deal at the moment is just too risky though.

23 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

For this league we have more than enough strikers now, even Henderson should do ok as a last resort. We are needing a centre back as a priority IMO. 

Gimme an H...

I agree we absolutely need a CH before we need another striker. But if Wighton goes we need another striker. 

Gimme an H...
11 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

For this league we have more than enough strikers now, even Henderson should do ok as a last resort. We are needing a centre back as a priority IMO. 

We have enough strikers if Wighton stays. If he goes then we don't. 

Robbie said he needs a rb to challenge Smith now Brandon is out and another midfielder and thats probs it. Have to remember it's still a pandemic and the club will not want to over stretch with the unknown of future season tickets/crowds

41 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Disagree, Naisy should be right up top alongside a partner. Totally wasted running about all over the park, especially with his fitness issues. Very clever player around and in the box. IMHO ofcourse

Tom Hardy’s Dug
19 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I say this about a few players, but if he we had Haring playing 80% of games last season we would never have got relegated.

19 hours ago, topsport said:

And if we’d had craig Gordon 😫

As I think has been said - even if Bobby had played most of the season I think we’d have stayed up

15 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

Kleenex tissues, £3! Rip off Britain. 

Depends - is it a double box? I’m a fan of Kleenex 😉

15 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I dunno how you managed to spot him.

😂

15 hours ago, corryjambo said:

Absolute certainty that he will now miss games due to picking up Covid from his shopping expedition.

🥺

3 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

I agree we absolutely need a CH before we need another striker. But if Wighton goes we need another striker. 

Wighton - I don’t think he’s a player we can “hate”. He’s tried his best, always puts in effort when he plays but in my view of wwe move him on Henderson is equally matched with him.

What I wonder is - would Elijah and Armand work together in the same team? Could be immense as they can both play on the deck

Big physical hearts - let’s prove it!

ginger jambo98
55 minutes ago, OTT said:

Was it not his quad that went last time ?

Think Robbie said he was taken off as a precaution to avoid maybe a longer lay off. Worth keeping til the end of the season and see how he gets on.

25 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

100%. I'd hope we could maybe be a bit creative with our offer, like an initial one-year deal with an extension/pay-rise if he plays X number of games next season. Offering him a long-term deal at the moment is just too risky though.

Gino is the exact type of player our new wage structure is designed for, low basic and high bonus so even if he does struggle with injury then he's not costing us a huge amount every week

12 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Wighton away. Bit risky just having 2 strikers? Suppose we only have 15 games left after tonight. 

I'd say we have more than 2.  Naismith is a CF (christ I wish that's where we played him when he plays!), Hendo can play there and Walker in a push too, and there's even, ahem, Roberts...  We'd need really wiped out to end up with Walker or Roberts up top on his own!

I'd still keep the faith with Ginnelly. He's obviously got a hamstring issue at the moment but when he's available for 20 mins or half an hour, he makes an impact and changes games. So I'd keep him, use him as an impact sub and sign another right winger. He will play 90 minutes at some point, I don't doubt that but if he can't, it's no biggy, he can be still be a key player off the bench. 

A_A wehatethehibs
12 minutes ago, The Duke said:

What’s the word on Gino? Is it his hamstring? 

Apparently not serious according to match thread 

But it’s these niggly type injuries, they’re adding up to the point where we’ve not even seen the guy play 90 mins. 

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I'd say we have more than 2.  Naismith is a CF (christ I wish that's where we played him when he plays!), Hendo can play there and Walker in a push too, and there's even, ahem, Roberts...  We'd need really wiped out to end up with Walker or Roberts up top on his own!

Stick Berra up front before we put Roberts there 

16 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Depends - is it a double box? I’m a fan of Kleenex 😉

We’ve all heard the rumours. 

Dom Hardy’s Tug...

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Stick Berra up front before we put Roberts there 

I did nearly mention Halkett before I remembered Roberts existed tbf, which says it all really!!!!  Shame, the guy seems to have all the pieces, just no ability to put them altogether.  He's Stevie Wonder with a jigsaw.

Henderson stays in match day squad.

Wighton out on loan to a lower Championship club to do damage to clubs around us.

With Armoud coming in yes, technically that gives us the 'full quota' of strikers but if he stays fit Wighton isn't getting near game time with Boyce and Naismith and if need be Roberts cover.

Naismith can play up top.  If Scotland called him up to play up there on his own for 70 minutes, he would meet up with the squad in a shot.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )