January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I know nothing but this guys seems better and less of a risk than Adebayo - but Elija may be a decent signing for the summer as we will need our strike force bolstered in the summer anyway.

Sounds like we were working on both deals in parallel at the very least the speed this has moved at.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, OTT said:

I'd love us to get Gallagher, Campbell & Findlay. 

Reckon Campbell is almost certainly off down south but Gallaghers baggage might keep him in Scotland and Findlay would be a very solid move. 

In the summer I'd like to see the back of: Halkett, Frear, Roberts, Wighton, plus Doyle, Bobby, Damour too and Berra as he's not the player he was sadly so there will be a bit of rebuild necessary over the summer. Hoping Robbie tries to incorporate as much youth as possible into the first team. Logan, Smith, Hamilton, Cochrane maybe Flatman too. 

The last thing I want to see us do is fill the team with journeymen types that aren't going to offer anything. Signings like Bozanic makes no sense from either being good enough or young enough to develop. Would rather focus on getting the best youngsters we can with a minimal amount of journeymen (ideally made up from 'best of the rest' top flight clubs) and older players in the mould of Berra, Gordon, Naismith. Whelan was the right sort too, its just a shame he clearly didn't want to be here. 

Really on the same page as yourself. 

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

You must know him👍

Mrs Gnanduillet's laddie lived on Gorgie Road.

But does he have a Scottish Gnan?   :huh:

Either way, welcome Armand!   :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Massive name, CB. Nap. :jjyay:

I can only assume such is the way of Scottish football that you literally mean he's got a ****ing massive name like Elijah Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalana Ayomikulehin Adebayo :D 

I've clearly been stung too many times by Scottish football being Scottish Football. 

Just now, Auld Reekin' said:

But does he have a Scottish Gnan?   :huh:

Either way, welcome Armand!   :thumbsup:

Brilliant👍😂

The Future's Maroon
51 minutes ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

Loic Damour 4 year deal, has played for decent clubs. has got 2 years to run down, still getting over ankle related issues or total shite ?

2007-2008 Strasbourg
Senior 2008-2011 Strasbourg
2011-2013 Boulogne
2014-2015 Frejus Saint-Raphael
2015-2017 Bourg-en-Bresse Peronnas
2017-2019 Cardiff City
2019-

Hearts

I might get pelters for this but maybe bringing this guy in could help Damour, to settle more and find form...he has pedigree that there is no doubt, but for one reason or another it’s not worked (yet).

I know we have said we’re open to offers and it’ll probably be announce right after my post he is out the building but just thinking aloud!

Edited by The Future's Maroon

25 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

He looked useful footballer one game I saw him, likes it on ground rather than in air.

Oh well, he should be disappointed after about 20 mins

quockerwodgerjambo
Just now, The Future's Maroon said:

I might get pesters for this but maybe bringing this guy in could help Damour, to settle more and find form...he has pedigree that there is no doubt but one reason or another it’s not worked (yet).

I know we have said we’re open to offers and it’ll probably be announce right after my post is is out the building but just thinking aloud!

Nothing wrong with asking questions on Loic, he has become the invisible man.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

My first thought but quicker 

Thank feck for that!   :)

(Loved big MDV, but quick he certainly wasn't.)

On one Blackpool fan forum he has been described as......

‘Donkey, bambi, mercenary and mr inconsistent’

Jealous much?

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's scored 11 goals for Hearts in 23 games and laid on 7. Is that poor? 🙄

Looks like he's been having a stormer when you look at that. That reflects we have been scoring lots of goals again under Neilson. When I watch Boyce though it just doesn't seem to be firing on all cylinders though. There's no doubt he has the talent to suddenly go on a run of goals though. Hopefully this was the start of it.

2 minutes ago, Matty said:

Jealous much?

Hope he can heid a baw like they Saints players

Interesting to note the shorter contract lengths we're seeing  - I wonder if that is a clear strategy and learning lessons from previous 3/4 year deals or to do with us being in the Championship and looking to extend if things work out well for both parties.   Pros and cons but I'm pretty happy given the costly positions we've been in with Martin/Damour and others - has to have been damaging for the club and ability to bring in quality. 

4 minutes ago, Matty said:

Jealous much?

Hope they're enjoying Demitri Mitchell. I'm sure they'll know all about inconsistent now.

:smugger:

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Ok, I'll have first go

Nan-Dwee-Yay

Looks the biz have to say.  We have 4 good crossers of a ball out wide, plus Irving.  I hope this maybe sees us plays GMS on left and Gino on right.  I like that.

CH and a strong, combative, direct midfielder and we're done. 

Forgetting the weekend a bit, I know, but add those 2 components and we have a top Prem squad.  Even then, we have Haring and Souttar.  We can't rely on them, but they're there and could be real added bonuses if they both find their top level again, which may be a big ask of course.

Got to wonder where Walker and Naismith fit in.  Bench is the answer, you'd think.

Gordon

Smith Halkett "CH" Kingsley

Gino "Haring" Irving GMS

Nandos Boyce

Team!

"Nando's" :lol:. I like it.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Matty said:

Jealous much?

Key words - "fan forum". I remember this forum slagging off one of our best players in recent years Paterson even before he eventually got his move. "Bad attitude" "Can't defend" "Can't cross a ball" "Can't play up front". Ended up a fan favourite in midfield and YPOY at his new club then one of their top scorers playing striker in the EPL 🤣 Currently top scorer at his new Championship club. Please come back Callum

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Yep.

Walsall wouldn't sell now, so we moved on.

We could still potentially try to sign him in the summer i suppose

As we seemingly have agreed terms with the player this may well happen then.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

As we seemingly have agreed terms with the player this may well happen then.

Agreement was apparently verbal, so not sure where that leaves us.

Just now, merrymac said:

Agreement was apparently verbal, so not sure where that leaves us.

Verbals not binding. Allan MacGregor had agreed to join us with Levein then rangers came calling and he dropped us like a hot tattie. 

If we did manage the other lad too, we'd very much have like for like which would be good in theory. 

It's rarely wise to judge a player based on a Youtube video but from the videos I watched of him this afternoon, two things immediately jumped out:

1. He's a big lad and good in the air

2. He's a good penalty taker

Two good attributes for a centre forward to have.

You can see that the things Robbie Neilson was talking about a few weeks back are now beginning to take shape. He has a ball player in the middle of the park(Irving), two capable wingers(Ginnelly and GMS), a target man type striker(Gnanduillet), and a goalscorer(Boyce). He also has a good goalkeeper and two good full backs. So he can't be far away now from having a starting XI that allows him to play the style of football he has in his mind.

Hopefully we'll see that begin to come together in the coming weeks.

Whitburn Hearts

Maybe Robbie's planning on the new guy and adebayo as a front 2 next year with Boyce dropping into the number 10 roll . 

Just now, OTT said:

Verbals not binding. Allan MacGregor had agreed to join us with Levein then rangers came calling and he dropped us like a hot tattie. 

If we did manage the other lad too, we'd very much have like for like which would be good in theory. 

I have a feeling that the agreement was an attempt to force Walsall's hand, to sell now.

Feel we might have moved on now.

2 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

It's rarely wise to judge a player based on a Youtube video but from the videos I watched of him this afternoon, two things immediately jumped out:

1. He's a big lad and good in the air

2. He's a good penalty taker

Two good attributes for a centre forward to have.

You can see that the things Robbie Neilson was talking about a few weeks back are now beginning to take shape. He has a ball player in the middle of the park(Irving), two capable wingers(Ginnelly and GMS), a target man type striker(Gnanduillet), and a goalscorer(Boyce). He also has a good goalkeeper and two good full backs. So he can't be far away now from having a starting XI that allows him to play the style of football he has in his mind.

Hopefully we'll see that begin to come together in the coming weeks.

Had forgot about that EEN article. Good post. 

2 minutes ago, Whitburn Hearts said:

Maybe Robbie's planning on the new guy and adebayo as a front 2 next year with Boyce dropping into the number 10 roll . 

Could be remembering wrong but I’m almost certain that Boyce didn’t like playing 10 to Washington’s 9 in a game last season. 

bobby bombscare

a lot of fans wanted to see a clear out and i think that actually that's slowly happening. I think anyone who's contract is up in the summer and hasn't looked great will likely end up leaving. Obviously in the current climate, we can't just pay off all their contracts and it's a slow transfer window to get rid of them but I think a lot of the guys who's deals expire will be going. So Berra, Wighton, Wight, Frear, Zlamal and possibly Stewart will all go at the end of the season. I think we'll maybe see some other players like Harring, Walker, Halkett, Roberts all move on as well whether that be throug loans, sales or contracts ending.

I also don't think all the youth players will be kept on. Quite simply, some of them will make the cut and some won't. That's the way it goes at any club. But i think that hearts just need to start being a bit more ruthless with the way they players they keep. The Squad is still bloated and we have a lot of players (might be good players) who  just don't fit into the way we're going to play. So I'd be happy with 1 more signing this window and then see some good movement in the summer window once back in the prem with fans hopefully back and spl football to gaurantee potential signings.

Nothing on STV news about our new signing😡

Dun Utd youth programme however super important

a***eholes!!

21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Looks like he's been having a stormer when you look at that. That reflects we have been scoring lots of goals again under Neilson. When I watch Boyce though it just doesn't seem to be firing on all cylinders though. There's no doubt he has the talent to suddenly go on a run of goals though. Hopefully this was the start of it.

He's defo not consistently at his best but if he scores regardless of his performance, he's doing what he's paid to do. 

bobby bombscare
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Ok, I'll have first go

Nan-Dwee-Yay

Looks the biz have to say.  We have 4 good crossers of a ball out wide, plus Irving.  I hope this maybe sees us plays GMS on left and Gino on right.  I like that.

CH and a strong, combative, direct midfielder and we're done. 

Forgetting the weekend a bit, I know, but add those 2 components and we have a top Prem squad.  Even then, we have Haring and Souttar.  We can't rely on them, but they're there and could be real added bonuses if they both find their top level again, which may be a big ask of course.

Got to wonder where Walker and Naismith fit in.  Bench is the answer, you'd think.

Gordon

Smith Halkett "CH" Kingsley

Gino "Haring" Irving GMS

Nandos Boyce

Team!

Agree with the whole team except from the CH's. I think that should be 2 new CH's. Halket is either not up to this level or not able to perform outside of a back 3. Apart from that, looks like a team!

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Your source sounds like a total...

Ah only jokin.  Thanks for the tid-bits.  Is that it?  Tid-bits?  Doesn't look right.  Surely can't be tit-bits?  Surely.  Not sure I've used the term before.

Maybe this post is more for the Toyah thread in the shed:whistling:

Looks decent in his clips video but so did Dauda! I'll reserve judgement until I see him playing for us. Hard to get too enthusiastic with the amount of dross we've signed over the last 5 seasons. 

5 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Nothing on STV news about our new signing😡

Dun Utd youth programme however super important

a***eholes!!

That’s cos we are a Championship club, no interest unless the old firm are directly or indirectly involved 

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Maybe this post is more for the Toyah thread in the shed:whistling:

Now your talking Tommy :yas:

52 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If we could sign motivation and adrenalin they would be the best signings ever

Motivation results from the interaction of both conscious and unconscious factors. Mastering motivation to allow sustained and deliberate practice is central to high levels of achievement, e.g. in elite sport.

Time for Robbie to unlock his hidden potential imo.

1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

That’s cos we are a Championship club, no interest unless the old firm are directly or indirectly involved 

Oh no Kilmarnock signing some no mark on loan got a mention.

Just pathetic

21 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Interesting to note the shorter contract lengths we're seeing  - I wonder if that is a clear strategy and learning lessons from previous 3/4 year deals or to do with us being in the Championship and looking to extend if things work out well for both parties.   Pros and cons but I'm pretty happy given the costly positions we've been in with Martin/Damour and others - has to have been damaging for the club and ability to bring in quality. 

About time that particular penny dropped with the Hearts high heid yins.

We're not in the market for top quality, irreplaceable players so why give them contracts as if they were?

If Armand is a big success then we offer him a new contract in the summer/next season or, are open to offers.

Either way, we replace him from the market we're in or, unlikely as it seems, the academy.

Better that than a squad of Damour's, Martin's...on big money but of little use.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )