January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Looks decent in his clips video but so did Dauda! I'll reserve judgement until I see him playing for us. Hard to get too enthusiastic with the amount of dross we've signed over the last 5 seasons. 

Take your attitude elsewhere mate, this is Kickback.

We get all orgasmic over a new signing we've never heard of.

Debut tomorrow night hopefully, then we can all groan in unison when he falls over the ball with his first touch.

I feel good about this one.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

36 minutes ago, Matty said:

On one Blackpool fan forum he has been described as......

‘Donkey, bambi, mercenary and mr inconsistent’

Jealous much?

It's always the empty barrels that make the most noise, especially on football forums, as everyone on here should be aware of by now.

1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

With the financial situation going on it wouldn’t be surprising if a few clubs panic and cash in on a player or 2 before losing them for free, all depends on what appears if we make the move 

Would be good if the boy Turner at Dunfermline fell in to this 

Wow! That came out of the blue, Interesting signing, Boy looks to be a decent player from the clips (touch wood), I hope he does well for us and can do the job we need him to do. Wonder what happened with Adebayo?

I really hope that we are still bringing in a centre half in this window though! That's the main problem area in the team for me, Box to Box midfielder would be great too as we are lacking urgency and drive in the midfield, It might be hard to get a player like that in January though unless we are paying a transfer fee.

Edited by gregzy2k7

9 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Oh no Kilmarnock signing some no mark on loan got a mention.

Just pathetic

Aye, but they show him scoring 2 goals for Hamilton...

Aga at us ☹️

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Aye, but they show him scoring 2 goals for Hamilton...

Aga at us ☹️

image.jpeg.781741cc3bc67e4ada0934a468e74199.jpeg

Berra than you
15 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Looks decent in his clips video but so did Dauda! I'll reserve judgement until I see him playing for us. Hard to get too enthusiastic with the amount of dross we've signed over the last 5 seasons. 

Tbf thought Dauda was a decent player but brought in to replace sow and was not a similar striker at all 

MarkDevriesScores4

Good to bring in a decent striker. That should help us when we’re 2 or 3 nil down due to our horrendous defence 👉🏼👈🏼

27 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

It's rarely wise to judge a player based on a Youtube video but from the videos I watched of him this afternoon, two things immediately jumped out:

1. He's a big lad and good in the air

2. He's a good penalty taker

Two good attributes for a centre forward to have.

You can see that the things Robbie Neilson was talking about a few weeks back are now beginning to take shape. He has a ball player in the middle of the park(Irving), two capable wingers(Ginnelly and GMS), a target man type striker(Gnanduillet), and a goalscorer(Boyce). He also has a good goalkeeper and two good full backs. So he can't be far away now from having a starting XI that allows him to play the style of football he has in his mind.

Hopefully we'll see that begin to come together in the coming weeks.

I've watched over 4 YouTube videos today and he seems to be a pretty complete player. Fast, good in the air, scores all sorts of goals, tap ins, headers, overhead kicks and seems to have a good shot on him. I like the look of him.

7 hours ago, Dazo said:

I don’t recall many complaints when we signed Halkett. Not aimed at you but seems like 20/20 hindsight vision is the order of the day after a defeat. 

Halkett has looked poor for a while now,nothing new there.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

I've watched over 4 YouTube videos today and he seems to be a pretty complete player. Fast, good in the air, scores all sorts of goals, tap ins, headers, overhead kicks and seems to have a good shot on him. I like the look of him.

You sure you weren't watching C Ronaldo videos? 

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Have we actually watched him play?

Most players look great on You Tube and agents' videos.

2 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Halkett has looked poor for a while now,nothing new there.

He looks exposed, whether that’s the weak midfield in front of him or perhaps he was just suited to a back 3 at Livi,  with midfielders playing deep....or of course the lack of a good partner.   I feel for him though as he clearly cares and works hard.    

Lord Beni of Gorgie
34 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Motivation results from the interaction of both conscious and unconscious factors. Mastering motivation to allow sustained and deliberate practice is central to high levels of achievement, e.g. in elite sport.

Time for Robbie to unlock his hidden potential imo.

And his captain's 

17 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Tbf thought Dauda was a decent player but brought in to replace sow and was not a similar striker at all 

Agreed.  He wasn't too bad at all, 5 goals in 13 appearances.  Had a solid career since he left us.

Francis Albert
36 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Has anyone ever looked poor on his clips video?

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Has anyone ever looked poor on his clips video?

Correct every player looks great on video when he is scoring , let’s hope he can be a success with us.

Malinga the Swinga
48 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Nothing on STV news about our new signing😡

Dun Utd youth programme however super important

a***eholes!!

Good to see all panel ripping up the United rep, ex board member, who believed government should provide grants to United and others to bail them out. He reckoned they should be rewarded for speculating to accumulate, despite paying full wages with no cuts until this month. 

United wage bill of over £4million a year and trying to sign new players, yet he wants grants, not loans to club. 

Arseholes like him are why clubs go bust, and hopefully, that is what will happen to these duds. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
58 minutes ago, merrymac said:

I have a feeling that the agreement was an attempt to force Walsall's hand, to sell now.

Feel we might have moved on now.

I wonder if the noise about Adebayo being our first choice and us wanting to push it over the line now was slight gamesmanship with the lad we signed.

Readding between the lines the lad we signed was our preferred choice...

All roads lead to Gorgie

It is always uplifting to add a new striker to the squad. I hope he can keep his Blackpool form going in Maroon. Tall, mobile strikers are what we need, not just target men but also good movers in and outside the box. Potentially a good addition to take some pressure off Boyce and make him lift his game too.

39 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Wow! That came out of the blue, Interesting signing, Boy looks to be a decent player from the clips (touch wood), I hope he does well for us and can do the job we need him to do. Wonder what happened with Adebayo?

I really hope that we are still bringing in a centre half in this window though! That's the main problem area in the team for me, Box to Box midfielder would be great too as we are lacking urgency and drive in the midfield, It might be hard to get a player like that in January though unless we are paying a transfer fee.

I suspect that the Adebayo deal may have fell through due to the new FIFA rule that Hearts would have to pay a 6 figure development fee. Apparently the age limit for the development fee has been increased to 23.

Weakened Offender
23 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

🙄

59 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Dauda didn’t set things on fire like we hoped but his record was 1 in 3, which is as good as any striker we’ve had for a while.

27 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I’d imagine Joe Savage has seen him play

26 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Presumably Savage has seen him given he was at Preston which is about 15 miles from Blackpool. 

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Presumably Savage has seen him given he was at Preston which is about 15 miles from Blackpool. 

So none of our current management has actually seen  him play? Hope it goes well.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So none of our current management has actually seen  him play? Hope it goes well.

Has anyone said that (yes I see the question mark)?

Clark Griswold
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If Savage has, then yes our management team have seen him play

33 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

He looks exposed, whether that’s the weak midfield in front of him or perhaps he was just suited to a back 3 at Livi,  with midfielders playing deep....or of course the lack of a good partner.   I feel for him though as he clearly cares and works hard.    

At last a sensible post on Halkett. Very few on here seem to understand the role of midfielders in defensive action. Last nights Man U Liverpool game should be mandatory watching for all our midfield players. Under pressure all of the ManU players funnelled back. Contrast that with our midfield. Halliday who never breaks sweat or Frear whose correct name should be Fear. Even Irvine rarely comes tracking back.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Has anyone said that (yes I see the question mark)?

As the question mark kind of suggests it was a question!

Under the floodlight
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Maybe someone from the management team has seen him play? Maybe it will go well?

8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think Savage is part of the management team but as Robbie worked in England you would imagine he would be aware and probably seen him play as well. 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

If Savage has, then yes our management team have seen him play

As our Sporting Director is he part of our first yeam football management team? Hope so.

45 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You sure you weren't watching C Ronaldo videos? 

Ha ha, no honestly saw him score with an overhead kick in one of the vids. Looks the biz to me, but we all know what YouTube can be like, however I remain optimistic! :flag1:

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Maybe someone from the management team has seen him play? Maybe it will go well?

Of course

Maybe it will.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think Savage is part of the management team but as Robbie worked in England you would imagine he would be aware and probably seen him play as well. 

Imagination is a wonderful.thing!

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )