• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Key words - "fan forum". I remember this forum slagging off one of our best players in recent years Paterson even before he eventually got his move. "Bad attitude" "Can't defend" "Can't cross a ball" "Can't play up front". Ended up a fan favourite in midfield and YPOY at his new club then one of their top scorers playing striker in the EPL 🤣 Currently top scorer at his new Championship club. Please come back Callum

Patterson gets dogs abuse from most fans. V strange given hes a decent player. He needs to pick one position now though and just stay there. Switching all the time isn't helping him. 

2 hours ago, Libertarian said:

I suspect that the Adebayo deal may have fell through due to the new FIFA rule that Hearts would have to pay a 6 figure development fee. Apparently the age limit for the development fee has been increased to 23.

We were after Nando first but his agent wanted too much money for himself so we looked elsewhere ie Adebayo. Suspect agent came back and agreed our original offer or thereabouts. 

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

If this transfer doesn't work out, JKB should take over the scouting and signing department at Tynecastle. 

Post of the thread. 

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

He’s been back in the UK since New Year I believe so no isolation required. The fact he was at Tynecastle today would also confirm that.

Depends on results of COVID test taken this morning. As well as international clearance. Probability is he won’t make tomorrow night. Hope I’m wrong. 

1 hour ago, Berra than you said:

Robbie said we had a striker all bit signed a week or so back but the agent wanted too much money.... Could be that it's the same player 

👍

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Depends on results of COVID test taken this morning. As well as international clearance. Probability is he won’t make tomorrow night. Hope I’m wrong. 

from his interview it sounded like he would be a sub tomorrow as not played since end of December. I thought he must have had a negative test before allowed into the bubble and interview with hearts tv etc 

5 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Thanks! Just ran the rule over this guy. I like what I see. Hopefully his new colleagues can pass to him or cross to him with a degree of accuracy.

He should realise and his teammates should defo know that guid Scottish laddies will have licence to foul. So, make some noise Hearts players eh, to help you team mate get some free kicks from the inevitable hacks. Don't just stand and watch.

7 minutes ago, indianajones said:

If this transfer doesn't work out, JKB should take over the scouting and signing department at Tynecastle. 

My record on football manager is impeccable. Just need to get in contact with my Brazilian scout team

Just now, Newton51 said:

from his interview it sounded like he would be a sub tomorrow as not played since end of December. I thought he must have had a negative test before allowed into the bubble and interview with hearts tv etc 

Possibly though there would be very little training today and the bubble isn’t really the same in our league. The requirement is purely testing now. 

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Are you meaning waxed hookers?🤔

Not this time no. A rare story of mine that doesn't result in me getting tested for gonnorhoea

13 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Post of the thread. 

I am strangely confident that a small expert panel of say 10 JKB members would do a better job than the current set up. Harsh on Savage. Will give him some time. 

9 minutes ago, Gone said:

My record on football manager is impeccable. Just need to get in contact with my Brazilian scout team

If you share your BBB contacts consider yourself on the above panel. 

Edited by indianajones

fabienleclerq
32 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Has he got two feet?

I hope so or our scouting is worse than even I thought. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

He looks a player in that video but will rely on the service he gets

But he has pace, drive and desire to get into the box and can score from driving in from wide.

No guarantees but the basics of effort, pace and desire are there.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

No. Just asking a question. 

Strong competition,  are you attempting to set a new bar in the League of a..............

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

But he has pace, drive and desire to get into the box and can score from driving in from wide.

No guarantees but the basics of effort, pace and desire are there.

I would echo all of that. I’m feeling optimistic tho did feel similar when Washington signed as a number 9

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

He looks a player in that video but will rely on the service he gets

Winning the ball back is not something we are very good at.

May seem a strange answer but service is irrelevant when we give it away too easily and rely on the opposition being poor to get it back. 

Never thought I'd say it,  not sure where Naismith fits

22 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Haha - you mean scouting & recruitment moving from Savage to savagery  ?   🙄😜

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

May seem a strange answer but service is irrelevant when we give it away too easily and rely on the opposition being poor to get it back. 

I don't think there's a place for him in the starting XI. Might sound a bit mental to leave Steven Naismith out the side but we need to have the right balance and shoe-horning someone into a side because of who he is doesn't work. A bit like Berra, absolute dug meat but gets a game because he's Christophe Berra. Not suggesting Naismith is on Berra levels of crap but he's definitely lost that half-yard of pace.

haveyouheard1874
4 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Looks good. Be good to have aerial presence up top. And 18 in 36 for Blackpool is a very good recent record!

Yep and all encouraging me thinks FTH

6 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I don't think there's a place for him in the starting XI. Might sound a bit mental to leave Steven Naismith out the side but we need to have the right balance and shoe-horning someone into a side because of who he is doesn't work. A bit like Berra, absolute dug meat but gets a game because he's Christophe Berra. Not suggesting Naismith is on Berra levels of crap but he's definitely lost that half-yard of pace.

It's not mental, it's been a long time since our captain put a couple of good performances together. Far too slow for his position, can't track back, can't tackle.

A once good player who plays regularly shit is just actually a shit player.

Edited by jambopilms

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not such a mind blowing thought these days. He is gie slow which makes him iffy up top and deeper cos he gets bypassed and ain't a tackler, ball winner.

Edited by Riccarton3

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wonder who gets dropped 🤔

Has to be Naismith.

There is no room for him in a team with two wingers, Boyce and new guy.

23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We could play with 1 winger. 

Boyce    Armand

Naismith left/center.        Ginnelly 

Irving.  Haring

Sub josh for GMS, put GMS on the left, swap Naisy to the right. 

Just an idea.  I think it's been done already. 

57 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

2 things stand out for me from this..

1. Seems to take a penalty how it should be taken. i.e no pissing about, laces through it. Job done. 

2. He can shift himself up the pitch. IF we can get the wide players to match his pace, actually move forward and stick a cross in... League ripped up for arse paper. 

Edited by muldoon74

21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wonder who gets dropped 🤔

Boyce is surely the one.    He scored two recently though so he's getting his place until he turns back to mince.   I doubt the big guy armand will get 90minutes so soon. 

Any ideas yourself? Who it might be. 

Edited by HMFC01

haveyouheard1874
2 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

2 things stand out for me from this..

1. Seems to take a penalty how it should be taken. i.e no pissing about, laces through it. Job done. 

2. He can shift himself up the pitch. IF we can get the wide players to match his pace, actually move forward and stick a cross in... League ripped up for arse paper. 

Penalty's and the final still hurts me .. had my wee girl on my shoulders (9), then had to explain it was no big deal when we failed. went to the garden soon after and screamed silently

That aside he looks a decent acquisition ..onwards and upwards me thinks 

2 minutes ago, haveyouheard1874 said:

Penalty's and the final still hurts me .. had my wee girl on my shoulders (9), then had to explain it was no big deal when we failed. went to the garden soon after and screamed silently

That aside he looks a decent acquisition ..onwards and upwards me thinks 

It was a particular 2 of the finals penalties I was thinking of when I saw the vid... :( 

Up until Wightons, we had a hand the cup.. Not blaming anyone just saying.. 

:(

Anyway, about the new lad! Seems very much decent enough for this league (I always say that without adding in the "Glasgow Factor"...)

23 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Boyce is surely the one.    He scored two recently though so he's getting his place until he turns back to mince.   I doubt the big guy armand will get get 90minutes so soon. 

Any ideas yourself? Who it might be. 

Boyce's last 6 games:

QoS: 2 goals, 2 assists

Celtic: 1 goal

Ayr: 1 goal, 1 assist

Arbroath: off injured after 20

Alloa: on for 30 minutes, goal wrongly disallowed

Raith 2 goals

A bit more than just the 2 goals there.

To answer the question, I think Gnanduillet will be used from the bench initially, but I'd probably prefer Naismith to drop out of the two.

Edited by DC_92

I hope, and think, this guy will be great for us. 

But a word of caution, just remember that Jake Mulraney looked like a world beater in the YouTube video in his move to the US. 

He’s going to do well for us though, I have a feeling.... 😁

haveyouheard1874
18 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

It was a particular 2 of the finals penalties I was thinking of when I saw the vid... :( 

Up until Wightons, we had a hand the cup.. Not blaming anyone just saying.. 

Anyway, about the new lad! Seems very much decent enough for this league (I always say that without adding in the "Glasgow Factor"...)

Aw mate ..gutted so much.. but we have to move on..Least we FTH on the way my only crumbs of comfort 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

First of all I get the feeling Boyce might be on his way - sold for a decent price. Dunno why just feel that might be what happens.

That aside with the current squad, personally in the championship I’d be playing  4-1-3-2

Yeah our defence is shit but if we actually had momentum and pace when we had possession it wouldn’t matter as much as we’d be out of sight most games.

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kinglsey

Haring

GMS

Nasmith

Ginnely

Boyce

Armand

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

First of all I get the feeling Boyce might be on his way - sold for a decent price. Dunno why just feel that might be what happens.

That aside with the current squad, personally in the championship I’d be playing  4-1-3-2

Yeah our defence is shit but if we actually had momentum and pace when we had possession it wouldn’t matter as much as we’d be out of sight most games.

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kinglsey

Haring

GMS

Nasmith

Ginnely

Boyce

Armand

I'd be going with this as well mate.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Cruyff said:

Why would we want to sell Boyce? Still the best forward at the club. 

Not saying we want to sell him.

Every player, price etc

1 minute ago, haveyouheard1874 said:

Aw mate ..gutted so much.. but we have to move on..Least we FTH on the way my only crumbs of comfort 

Didn't expect anything like as much as we got from the final so although not happy with the result can rest easy now...

As you say, Beating the other scumtrash on the way always a good feeling! 

Have a feeling this new guy can do some damage there aswell.. 

Not saying we want to sell him.

Every player, price etc

He'd be hard to replace. We took long enough to find a striker who scores goals. Can't see us selling him tbh. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Boyce getting sold would be mental. Unless the money is mental. Best forward at the club and arguably our best player. 

He looks pretty pissed off whenever I see him play/score etc. He doesn’t exude delight at being here.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )