January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Adam_the_legend
43 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Someone's already been at Armand's wikipedia page and amended his height to 7ft 0 in 😄

According to wiki he was born in buckstone 🤣🤣

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Who drops out. Naismith, one of the wingers?

Don't know he will work it tbh. 🤔

Think Boyce could revel though with a partner up front. 

8 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

1 down, 2 potentially 3 to go... if you like deadline day we may get a treat if one of our targets are allowed to move on early 

Please tell me one of these is a central defender?

Selkirkhmfc1874

Welcome to Heart Of Midlothian! Hopefully this the answer to our number 9 search, never seen him play but his clips and scoring looks decent but how many times have we said that about players so I'll reserve judgement

Ford Prentice
10 minutes ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

Someone who can take a corner kick would be nice.

Irving's corners are class. Nearly scored with one on Saturday.

Maybe playing 2 up front will mean we can maybe drop one of the forward thinking midfielder for Haring and it will give more balance to the team.

3 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

This. 

Please ffs 😅

34 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Here’s hoping he gets the service he gets in that video,if he does he’ll score a barrow load. Now let’s get the other end sorted 

If he runs forward into space then he will get no service whatsoever. His only chance is a cross from the wing.

Whe you look at the number of times Boyce receives the ball with his back to goal it's scaty. Hopefully Irving can thread some decent balls through to him to run onto.

quockerwodgerjambo
1 minute ago, Ford Prentice said:

In general over the years we have lacked someone who can deliver a decent corner kick, Andy may well answer the question in the long term.

Someone mentioned John Souttar the other day, my gripe may well of been answered by Andy.

Thanks for the reply.

Fort Vallance

Demitri maybe had a word and told him it would be a great move. And not to worry if you hit a dry patch. The fans will stick by you.

3 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Well said.

It's amazing what people don't see, like folk moaning on Saturday about our striker who had just scored two goals.

1 minute ago, sandylejambo said:

no, down the road a bit, she left the circus.

Had to look it up. I remembered Bombay at the start and the circus but never got as far as Mandalay. 

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Maybe playing 2 up front will mean we can maybe drop one of the forward thinking midfielder for Haring and it will give more balance to the team.

I would love to see us play two up front but can't imagine it with our safety first approach until we go behind.

Guest ToqueJambo

I'm happier with this than the Walsall lad, although he has more long-term potential. We could maybe still get him in summer.

This *should* transform our cutting edge up front. How many headers have we been missing? But this is Hearts so who knows. The law of averages say we must sign a good Frenchman again soon.

37 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Not going to get too excited, very wary of players who never stay long at     Numerous clubs, this guy has had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus, invariably there is usually a reason for that

Looks like he spent the last 4 seasons at Blackpool, 2016 - 2020. Lots of loan clubs early in his career which isn't unusual.

19 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

1 down, 2 potentially 3 to go... if you like deadline day we may get a treat if one of our targets are allowed to move on early 

Just tell us the name you total shit!  I don't care if it blows the deal.  Tell us!!!!!!

What's the alternative.  Wait like 6 days?  No way.

9 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Mentioned the other week we wanted a defender potentially on loan which I presumed meant a centre back but the news this morning muddied that a little bit I believe if one becomes available then yes 👍🏻 That may be the deadline day one however which is my worry hearts and late deals I’m sure worries everyone 😂

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Just tell us the name you total shit!  I don't care if it blows the deal.  Tell us!!!!!!

What's the alternative.  Wait like 6 days?  No way.

Wish I could mate my source holds names off as long as he can, I’m just happy getting any sort of info

If we play two up top there is no pressure on the guy to score goals. We have Boyce who is a proven goalscorer. It has been noted numerous times of late by Neilson, Mackay etc that Hearts need and want a target man. This guy just needs to do a job holding the ball up and bring others in, feed Boyce. If he gets a goal here and there perfect.

What I hope doesn't happen is he gets hung out to dry playing up top on his own away at Arbroath etc confidence goes down, fans on the back, becomes a dud.

Seen it all too much of late. Play two up top Robbie and tell the guy theres no pressure to score goals just work as a ****ing team.

Just now, Jamboj1 said:

Wish I could mate my source holds names off as long as he can, I’m just happy getting any sort of info

Your source sounds like a total...

Ah only jokin.  Thanks for the tid-bits.  Is that it?  Tid-bits?  Doesn't look right.  Surely can't be tit-bits?  Surely.  Not sure I've used the term before.

2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Mentioned the other week we wanted a defender potentially on loan which I presumed meant a centre back but the news this morning muddied that a little bit I believe if one becomes available then yes 👍🏻 That may be the deadline day one however which is my worry hearts and late deals I’m sure worries everyone 😂

So maybes aye maybes naw! To be fair I am enjoying these signings coming out of nowhere. Makes life a bit more exciting.

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

So is he instead of the guy from Walsall ?

Yep.

Walsall wouldn't sell now, so we moved on.

We could still potentially try to sign him in the summer i suppose

bobby bombscare
5 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

any idea if the boy from walsall may still come in the summer as backup?

The Old Tolbooth

I messaged one of my best mates about this guy as he's a Blackpool season ticket holder, and his words were "He was very strong on the ball, he will definitely do a job in our league for sure, he's very good in the air and can hit a penalty very well, and that the Blackpool fans absolutely loved him" 

He also stated however that he's prone to chucking in the odd howler of a game where he doesn't look interested. He hasn't played since Boxing Day, so cut him some slack in his first few games. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Adebayo canned for those of us with a busy day?

And is this laddie better,  on paper?

Deal is dead

This guy I would have to say looks a step up from the Walsall guy. 

56 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

That's him fecked then no crossed a decent ball into the box all season 

Apart from the 2 for the goals Saturday 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Seems to be.

Top scorer for Blackpool 2 seasons running and scored 18 goals in 36 games.

He should be scoring for fun in this league.

bigsuperslim1874
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Aye and aye.

Dunno if we will look again at Adebayo in the summer but the new laddie looks to be a find based on the 15 goals he scored season before last - loves a header, pace and good with pens. 👍

4 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Do you know if we are trying to sign a midfielder that plays for a current SPL side? 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Walsall playing silly buggers so this guy is instead

banged in 18 goals in league 1 in england last season and thats with the season being called early. Older than Adebayo by 4 or 5 years but otherwise looks to have done it at a higher level.

8 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Position and League at least?

3 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

any idea if the boy from walsall may still come in the summer as backup?

Without knowing for 100% sure I would strongly say no 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )