January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

As from what I can see, no a single person from Hearts has mentioned this guy as a potential signing.  So, that being the case what is their manager banging on about? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

29 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Couldn't care less if we rub them up the wrong way. If the lad wants to move and if we're offering a better deal they should step aside. It sounds like we've been quite reasonable with the offers we've made (if true) so I would go over their heads, go straight to the player himself and try and nail him on a pre contract, then offer them no more than 100k for his immediate release. 

Tend to agree, but remember a bigger team could do to us with Irving what you are suggesting here 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

As from what I can see, no a single person from Hearts has mentioned this guy as a potential signing.  So, that being the case what is their manager banging on about? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Only think I can find Robbie talking about this is this:

Asked about Adebayo at Thursday’s press conference, the Hearts manager Robbie Neilson said: “I don't want to speak about players contracted to other teams."

Everything said reported in the press about Hearts is that we want to sign him, Walsall have rejected an enquiry to sign him and that we still want to sign him. Hardly any lie or slander.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Whose are they then? 

Sorry I thought Roberts was on loan and frear was just a short term free agent deal 

Guest ToqueJambo
56 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Sounds like a team who know he's off but trying to do some PR to dictate the narrative to the fans i.e. "look we offered him a contract but Hearts were underhand in how they acted meaning he had his head turned."

This. In reality, clubs being interested in their players is a good thing.

21 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I wonder if they are claiming that hearts have been leaking the fact we are linked with him and that they had rejected our approach in order to unsettle the player 

Orkney_saddler

Walsall FC fan here

Walsall fan coming in peace - any press releases coming from our club about the Adebayo situation will be all about trying to put a brave face on the situation for our fans.  We have a board trying to keep on the right side of the fans - and keep the lid on some growing frustration at another season in the bottom division without any real signs of progress or improvement.  The new Chairman was riding a wave of optimism based solely on the fact that he isn't the old Chairman - who's pension fund owns the freehold to ground and charges the club £450,000 per year in rent.  He came in on a ticket of openness honesty and positivity, talking about a short term plan to get promotion back into League One (our traditional level).  His choice of manager has started to turn sour with fans (who have overly unrealistic expectations), and the thought of seeing the club's leading scorer disappear can only add to that impending doom and gloom.

Adebayo is a  very hard working striker - tall, difficult to play against and he will run and run - but he isn't exactly prolific.  Expect 16 goals per season at most.  It's only really this season and the second half of last season that he has finally realised what the game is all about, and how he fits onto it.  He's out of contract at rhe end of the season, won't sign another, and as we are a traditionally low paying outfit, he naturally wants a better offer.  As someone who moved from Walsall to Orkney 10 years ago, I know he'll have enjoy the move north!

33 minutes ago, bazman said:

I wonder if they are claiming that hearts have been leaking the fact we are linked with him and that they had rejected our approach in order to unsettle the player 

One thing that has been clear over the last few windows is that we try our best to keep our targets out of the press. GMS hardly a sniff there. I highly doubt we have handled it like the Wallsall manager is making out. We could've gone straight to the player but we went to the club instead, something McInnes was praising Rangers for. So to echo what someone else said, **** em pre-contract all the way.

Elijah has obviously not accepted the Walsall offer. The manager's comments are maybe to try to stir up an auction so the club get more money. A pre-contract would stop that.

15 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Elijah has obviously not accepted the Walsall offer. The manager's comments are maybe to try to stir up an auction so the club get more money. A pre-contract would stop that.

Yup. Club should immediately move for the pre contract. 

arsehole is trying to attract clubs so Would be wise to get a deal done directly with the player to side step that nonsense. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yup. Club should immediately move for the pre contract. 

arsehole is trying to attract clubs so Would be wise to get a deal done directly with the player to side step that nonsense. 

The transfer window has been open for over two weeks. If anyone else really wanted him they surely would have made a move by now.

1 hour ago, ericb said:

Tend to agree, but remember a bigger team could do to us with Irving what you are suggesting here 

That's football unfortunately 🤷🏻

Would be disappointed to lose Irving for free but if he got a good move I'd be happy for him. 

12 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

That's football unfortunately 🤷🏻

Would be disappointed to lose Irving for free but if he got a good move I'd be happy for him. 

Bologna might fancy another Hearts signing. 

At first it’s easy to think that a pre-contract is a simple solution for club and player. Then when you look more into it there will be an agent involved, even at League 2 level. Agents get paid for any deal either way these days, but they’re likely to get more if a transfer fee is involved, so you have to keep that in mind that this may not be as straightforward as it may seem.

25 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Irving 2yr deal 👍🏻

Not long enough. 

He'll come good next season and we'll have an awkward year of him running his contract down the following year. Should be 3/4 years. 

3 minutes ago, RENE said:

Surely a 2 1/2 deal would be better. Take him to end of season 22/23..

That's what it will be. He will be extending his current contact by a further 2 years, keeping him with us until the end of 22/23.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

That's what it will be. He will be extending his current contact by a further 2 years, keeping him with us until the end of 22/23.

Would that not mean he’s on the same money? Kingsley signed a new 18 month deal on more money I would imagine.

3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

So the crucial part of this article apart from their managers rant about not happy with the way Hearts have done their business and lied etc etc he then goes on to say this.

Like any other player, everyone has a price.”

So if we come up with the price they want then we are their best mates.

adambraejambo

Shows he has his head screwed on. 2 years is showing ambition on his part. If he plays well bids  will come in. If he  doesn't then 2 yrs pass and he will stay with us or move  sideways or down . Mean don't we all wish Paterson and Walker would have signed 2 yr deals rather than let contract run down. Not a trick question about Walker back then we would have been chuffed if he had signed a extension . Just hope it is true . 

would be happy to see any signing come in this window but for me we have the team to win this league anyway. Getting Smith and Kingsley tied down was pivotal and anything else is a welcome bonus imo

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

We quite clearly want Adebayo in the door now otherwise we wouldn't be spending all this time and effort negotiating with Walsall to bring him up here.

A pre-contract is an easy solution but could work against us. Walsall could play hard ball and just not bother negotiating with us, but as a result could freeze Adebayo out the team meaning he could come up here in the summer having not kicked a ball for 4 or 5 months. Not exactly ideal.

If we're confident of agreeing a fee that suits both parties then it makes absolute sense to get him in now and settled ahead of next season.

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Makes sense for all concerned.

The Irving deal if it is 2 and a half year makes sense for both parties we get a year of him while keeping sell on potential, and he’s not stuck in a long term contract. Also don’t expect to see many long term contracts under savage we are learning from our mistakes!

8 hours ago, Longbaws said:

Don't remember Mr Clarke being so vocal during our illegal expulsion last season.

Take yer medicine, loser

Only Hearts.

Why would the manager of Walsall, in League 2 of English football, have anything to say about our expulsion last season?

Anyone else surprised RN wants to bring a midfielder in?

We've got loads of midfielders already. The summer window will surely be much better if he really does want one anyway. 

I was honestly hoping he'd recall Cochrane and give him a go in the first team, he's been on loan continuously.

9 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Anyone else surprised RN wants to bring a midfielder in?

We've got loads of midfielders already. The summer window will surely be much better if he really does want one anyway. 

I was honestly hoping he'd recall Cochrane and give him a go in the first team, he's been on loan continuously.

Starting to lose hope with Cochrane. Doesn’t seem to do very well on loan and the odd time he’s featured since the 4-0 game he hasn’t looked very good. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Starting to lose hope with Cochrane. Doesn’t seem to do very well on loan and the odd time he’s featured since the 4-0 game he hasn’t looked very good. 

Was hoping this year he'd get a chance. Quite a gap forming in the table now, would be good to see him paired with Haring or even Irving. He'll struggle to break into the squad next season.

6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Was hoping this year he'd get a chance. Quite a gap forming in the table now, would be good to see him paired with Haring or even Irving. He'll struggle to break into the squad next season.

Cochrane will be away next season, not good enough and Connor Smith is a far better player anyway so i would be giving him a chance before Harry.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

This,

Cochrane looks to be another from our youth academy who doesn't look like he will make it after a bright start imo, See Jamie mole, Calum elliot etc

Producing first team quality players from our youth academy is another area that we absolutely have to improve on imo, I wonder if that is down to recruitment as well or if it is more on development? Who know's eh, Anyway we haven't produced enough talent over the last few years considering the amount of money Hearts have invested there imo.

9 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Now was the season to bed some youngsters in with a proper run.

Henderson/Moore in place of Roberts or frear etc

I dont particularly rate any of them but a proper run of games could've been the making of some of them.

C.smith and Logan as well. Get them involved

4 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Now was the season to bed some youngsters in with a proper run.

Henderson/Moore in place of Roberts or frear etc

I dont particularly rate any of them but a proper run of games could've been the making of some of them.

C.smith and Logan as well. Get them involved

Would prefer we had just punted Roberts and Frear this window and played Henderson and Moore from now on

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hes doing well at Montrose as part of a winning team, even keeping the captain out the side. Harry has the ability but just needs to mature and this move will do him good.

3 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Hes doing well at Montrose as part of a winning team, even keeping the captain out the side. Harry has the ability but just needs to mature and this move will do him good.

Good news. Would be great if he came back into the side. Wonder if he’ll be recalled and feature if Montrose league doesn’t restart. 

Edited by GinRummy

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )