• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

4 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Personally think once the pre contract is agreed the deal will be done a few days later, the player will be driving the move through Walsall can’t really say no to any income either

This

south morocco
10 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Posted early this morning, Not sure who the striker is midfield wise we have an interest in kyle Turner will Dunfermline sell to us this window? Probably not so one to keep an eye on for a pre-contract 

Kyle Turner would be a great signing 

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

If we are going to spend cash on players with contracts running down if rather we went for Ross Stewart. Just to piss off Hibs and aberdeen

We just extended the contract of the only Ross Stewart worth signing. 

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

So was Arthur Mann and Peter Oliver, both very classy left backs. 

Brian Whittaker was quite under-rated. Also a classy LB.

Under the floodlight
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Agree good steady player, dodgy tash

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Agree Good steady player, dodgy rash though .

22 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

If we really want this lad at Walsall get him on pre contract and the best we can offer and worry about getting him earlier if possible 

I'd agree with this. We're about 20 weeks away from the end of a contract signed this season. If we spend £150k on a player to bring him in now rather than in July, that is around £7.5k a week. Add that to what we will be paying him in salary and we could go and sign someone much better for the rest of the season and then get him in for next season. Even £50k is equivalent to committing £2.5k a week from our budget for the rest of the season on top of his wages. I really struggle to see the value for money in that.

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I'd agree with this. We're about 20 weeks away from the end of a contract signed this season. If we spend £150k on a player to bring him in now rather than in July, that is around £7.5k a week. Add that to what we will be paying him in salary and we could go and sign someone much better for the rest of the season and then get him in for next season. Even £50k is equivalent to committing £2.5k a week from our budget for the rest of the season on top of his wages. I really struggle to see the value for money in that.

Honestly this kind of logic will get you nowhere on here :)

Walsall are only 4 points away from the play offs, I don't think it's as simple as chuck them 20k.

It'd be good to get him in and acclimatised but I don't think we need him just now tbh. I understand the need for the physical presence but we should be fine attacking both wings with GMS and Ginnelly.

Worst comes to worst, get Popescu on and throw Halkett up top.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

I may be thinking of the flag unveiling the following season then... I’m sure he was there at some point! 🤣

Quite possibly, I think he would be well advised not to this time 😆

3 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

JS is unlikely to ever be fit enough to plan or base a team around him. We would be foolish to plan anything around JS and need to look past him now....

If Souttar doesn't recover we'll need someone better than Murray to replace him IMO.

Edited by Hungry hippo

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A consequence of stopping L1 and L2 that no doubt no-one in the JRG considered is the affect on the youngsters, including potential future internationalists, who were gaining valuable experience.

Basically this is the SFA/SPFL/JRG:

tumblr_ljke4pqXzz1qzydh2o1_500.gifv

Edited by ToqueJambo

Niemi’s gloves
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Dors this mean Bobby's on his way out?

Does anyone know what the story is with Harry Stone? As the Spartans tweet says, he played (only) a handful of games for them and then disappeared completely from their team sheets.  Did he get injured or was he just surplus to requirements as permanent Spartans players returned from injury?

28 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

They’re not our players though.

Roberts signed a two year deal at the start of the season, Frear one year so I'm afraid both are

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 hours ago, jambonian said:

To be honest, i've lost track on who we've had playing at left-back since the days of Takis which is scarily 15 years ago now! Can't think of anyone other than Kingsley that has made an impression. Actually....maybe Danny Grainger would've been been up there ahead of everyone else since Takis but barring that, i'm struggling to think of any. Either way, getting Kingsley signed up is great news. Let's hope he can cut it at the top level. No reason why he shouldn't but it's a step up playing your Aberdeens and the like compared to your Mortons and Raiths.

Before administration, in addition to Wallace you had Karipidis for a bit and Concalves “the Shepherd”, Screpis for a game, Ruben P, and then Grainger (I don’t think there was anyone between the clear “Romanov” signings and then once we were skint and got Grainger)

To have the pleasure of a player like Takis alone was almost worth it all...

Tom Hardy’s Dug

It will be like a Rangers transfer fee figure of £150k

We pay £75k now. £25k next season. £30k if we are promoted. £20k after 50 games. 

A £150k transfer.

Ta da!

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I wish they were someone else’s 🙈

I was about to post that 😂😂😂😂

I wish to god they were some other teams. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Billy Hoyle said:

I was about to post that 😂😂😂😂

I wish to god they were some other teams. 

One day soon 🤞

All the other signings apart from Popescu have been spot on and I suppose they’ve all have made some sort of contribution to the cause, however small. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

We just extended the contract of the only Ross Stewart worth signing. 

Possibly. I don't no much about the Ross county guy that, other than he seems to be highly rated

1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

So is it this Walsall guy or no new striker? No other options we're looking at?

I'll obviously trust that Joe savage has done his homework and back any signing but I am kind of hoping another striker just pops up out of nowhere. None of the names so far get the juices flowing.

Walsall have offered Adebayo a new deal and are not happy with the way things have been leaked to the press,apparently blaming Hearts and leaving it to the powers that be whatever that means. Local paper sorry cant copy.

Given that we could sign him on a pre-contract, we'd effectively be paying £150k for the guy to play the least 15 games in a league we're going to win anyway, which is nonsensical. If there's anything in the £150k figure then I'm guessing it's the fee Walsall are quoting.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Walsall have offered Adebayo a new deal and are not happy with the way things have been leaked to the press,apparently blaming Hearts and leaving it to the powers that be whatever that means. Local paper sorry cant copy.

Sounds like a team who know he's off but trying to do some PR to dictate the narrative to the fans i.e. "look we offered him a contract but Hearts were underhand in how they acted meaning he had his head turned."

3 hours ago, Shanghai Hearts said:

Did they both score against us? I was impressed by the boy who scored from the corner.

Murray did and has 3 goals so far. 

Kyle is Tam Turner's boy. His father reckons that his boy is better than him when he was 23. Tam was still at Morton at that age, before moving to St

Johnstone, then Partick Thistle and St Midden.

2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

"... especially when teams tell lies" is a substantial allegation from the Walsall manager about Hearts. Could get tasty.

Wonder what he’s saying we lied about?

That article is a public show of defiance so they can say they tried everything to keep him.

I think we'll have a deal soon, whether for January or the summer.

5 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

"... especially when teams tell lies" is a substantial allegation from the Walsall manager about Hearts. Could get tasty.

They know he’s away. The question for them is what they get. All about upping the ante. If we sign him in a pre contract next week then sit back they be raging.

Kidd’s Boots

Sounds like the lad has been listening to what Walsall have had to offer and is looking at options- from the local piece

"He’s obviously a player we’re in talks with, that’s been going on for weeks now. I don’t always come out in the public but there’s a lot of work being done to keep hold of our better players. But we can only do what we can do.”

if it’s been on-going and they can’t get it done, he’s looking to leave.

16 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Couldn't care less if we rub them up the wrong way. If the lad wants to move and if we're offering a better deal they should step aside. It sounds like we've been quite reasonable with the offers we've made (if true) so I would go over their heads, go straight to the player himself and try and nail him on a pre contract, then offer them no more than 100k for his immediate release. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was wondering the same as don't think anyone has commented publicly about him at all.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You would think a decent journalist would have asked that question.

The article also says they have been in talks with him for some time. If he wasn't happy with their offer then he was free to speak to anyone else. The Walsall fans website has a post saying they received an offer from a League 1 side a couple of weeks ago but turned it down. Clearly the lad is just keeping his options open as he has not been offered enough by Walsall.

36 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Possibly. I don't no much about the Ross county guy that, other than he seems to be highly rated

Yes, but doesn’t score many goals 

28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No doubt we will find out soon enough from our media pals 😂

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )