• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

£150k might seem a bit steep, but if it gets us him now when there are others circling then it might be a decent deal. may also be higher to limit the sell on fee as well. higher now, less later

Mr Brightside
39 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

If we signed Murray I wouldn't expect him to be a first choice. I would definitely have Souttar and Halkett ahead of him although maybe we could develop him.

51 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I mentioned Euan Murray on here a few weeks ago. Think there's a couple of clubs looking at him. Aberdeen is one i'm told but not in the know. He'd be an ideal replacement for Berra, left-sided, pretty solid and handy at set pieces. Mid-20s i think as well. I'd rather Jimmy Dunne but that isnae going to happen anytime soon so he'd be the obvious candidate. Can't think of too many others within our budget. 

Euan Murray has just turned 27, he’s getting attention this year for scoring from set pieces but apart from 3 games for Motherwell he has no top level experience.

I don’t think he is going to be good enough for a top 6 Premiership team, which is where we want to be next season.

ScottishSandstorm
1 hour ago, Beave1874 said:

Text my Pars pal earlier told me he's a midfielder (middle of the park), young lad with a bright future. Also mentions Euan Murray centre half is a decent player who's contract up in summer.

Turner would be a great signing.

17 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

If we have tabled £150k, then we must be aware of others circling and trying to get it over the line first IMO.

No danger, we would wait till Summer and get him for nowt.

Jamboscanbevicius
9 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

No danger, we would wait till Summer and get him for nowt.

That entirely depends on who else is sniffing around. There's no doubt that if we really want him, and he decides to wait that he may end up choosing that his future lies elsewhere. I guess that for example, if our DoF got wind that others were about to move that we may need to offer a bit more to try and tie it up before we get into a bidding war.

8 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

That entirely depends on who else is sniffing around. There's no doubt that if we really want him, and he decides to wait that he may end up choosing that his future lies elsewhere. I guess that for example, if our DoF got wind that others were about to move that we may need to offer a bit more to try and tie it up before we get into a bidding war.

You can only assume we really want him in NOW if we’re bidding that much. I wonder if Boyce or Wighton might be injured ? Seems a bit daft to pay that much for what amounts to 4 months at most

ScottishSandstorm

I would love for us to sign Roddy MacGregor and then keep him on loan with Robbo at ICT for 12-18 months.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

£150k for a player from that league who is almost out of contract seems a bit over generous to me. 

I read another club bid afew weeks ago.   Will find out in due course, unless he stays.    

11 minutes ago, ScottishSandstorm said:

I would love for us to sign Roddy MacGregor and then keep him on loan with Robbo at ICT for 12-18 months.

You’d be as well binning the academy completely if you’re going to sign other clubs youth players and let them stay that long. 19 year old Decent prospect apparently but has only played 8 games. In any case Robbo isn’t certain to be there much longer.

Edited by JimmyCant

The Apprentice
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No idea who that is? 

D108C260-4659-4EAB-9029-551E50889658.jpeg

I may be thinking of the flag unveiling the following season then... I’m sure he was there at some point! 🤣

Siphiwe Tshabalala
9 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

Jayden Stockley signs for Charlton on loan. Think his name had been mentioned earlier in the thread

Yep, I knew he was departing PNE this window.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Tazio said:

How many minutes into his debut before someone uses the phrase “waste of £150k”? 

Be suprised if it gets to a minute. 

He'll be called out in the warm up or from a training video. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Apparently we have bid £150,000 for Adebayo.

Ahh the seethe from the other clubs will be worthy of buying a player. 

Clubs looking for grants, some not affording under soil heating to be switched on, we get £500k for the sg, then spend £150k on a player. 

:yas:

Shanghai Hearts
2 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Text my Pars pal earlier told me he's a midfielder (middle of the park), young lad with a bright future. Also mentions Euan Murray centre half is a decent player who's contract up in summer.

Did they both score against us? I was impressed by the boy who scored from the corner.

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ahh the seethe from the other clubs will be worthy of buying a player. 

Clubs looking for grants, some not affording under soil heating to be switched on, we get £500k for the sg, then spend £150k on a player. 

:yas:

If we are going to spend cash on players with contracts running down if rather we went for Ross Stewart. Just to piss off Hibs and aberdeen

33 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

I may be thinking of the flag unveiling the following season then... I’m sure he was there at some point! 🤣

Doncaster did the flag at start of season.

Iain Blair presented the trophy last day of season. 

20210122_123037.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

7 minutes ago, Shanghai Hearts said:

Did they both score against us? I was impressed by the boy who scored from the corner.

The boy Murray scored but Turner didn’t, it was Dom Thomas that got the other.

From what I’ve seen Turner would be a good signing, good energetic cm who can get around the pitch 

Shanghai Hearts
9 minutes ago, biffy said:

The boy Murray scored but Turner didn’t, it was Dom Thomas that got the other.

From what I’ve seen Turner would be a good signing, good energetic cm who can get around the pitch 

Yeh he looked decent, be great to get someone in in that Cameron or Hartley mould.. when you look back, they were tremendous players.

19 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

If we are going to spend cash on players with contracts running down if rather we went for Ross Stewart. Just to piss off Hibs and aberdeen

Yogi was saying they wanted £500k for him now. :biglaugh:

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

£150k for a player from that league who is almost out of contract seems a bit over generous to me. 

It does but we're loaded so it's pocket change to us. 

:wonga:

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, jambonian said:

Mind you, we got him for peanuts from Halifax and got half a million from that lot for him. Was probably down to his five goals in our european campaign in 88/89.

As for loving a tackle...oooff! Did he ever! I remember him chopping Richard Gough down when he was doing a goal-line clearance. Got sent off for his trouble. Still won 2-0 though. Dec 10th 1988, i remember it well as that same night my local pub at the time got trashed, no idea why.

50k for Galloway was money very well spent! Up there with Levein (30k), Webster (50-75k?), Kirk (50k), Souttar (175k?), Colquhoun (30k?) and Templeton (30K) as small fee transfer "punts", although they weren't all punts as such. 150k for this striker seems worth  a punt if we really want him and it's likely we've done a lot of homework on him this time. Other teams - cough Hibs cough - are paying a lot more than that on punts. Even if he doesn't do that well, a club down south could easily pay that to take him back south again as he seems to have a good reputation in that league, so there's a fair chance we could at least recoup that fee. We probably got around that for the likes of Uche and Clare.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, JAYEL said:

Or give them Frear  and Roberts to release him now 

Stupid idea, we'd need to pay at least £300k for him if we did that... 

3 hours ago, martoon said:

Loved Takis, oozed class, but can't let a left back discussion pass without Tosh McKinlay being mentioned.

I was chuffed to bits when we signed him and he was every ounce the signing I hoped he would be.

Still recall the oddity of him playing his last game for Dundee against Hearts at Dens when we all knew he'd be signing on the Monday. 1-1 draw, iirc.

On topic, chuffed, too, with Kingsley's new deal.

Eckersley was good too.

We won’t be paying anywhere near to the figures branded about for a 2nd choice striker, if that’s the sort of money they demand I expect us to move on 

Just now, Jamboj1 said:

We won’t be paying anywhere near to the figures branded about for a 2nd choice striker, if that’s the sort of money they demand I expect us to move on 

Do you know anything about the other striker? Or any news on a midfielder? 

2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Half that figure would be more like it imo. 

Seems like the best move is to get him to sign a pre-contract and offer £50k or something to get the deal done now. 

Its not worth paying that right now and something is always better than nothing. Hell, offer them Henderson or Moore. 

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Half that figure would be more like it imo. 

Yeah anything around the 50-75k mark we would probably have an interest 

If we really want this lad at Walsall get him on pre contract and the best we can offer and worry about getting him earlier if possible 

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Do you know anything about the other striker? Or any news on a midfielder? 

Posted early this morning, Not sure who the striker is midfield wise we have an interest in kyle Turner will Dunfermline sell to us this window? Probably not so one to keep an eye on for a pre-contract 

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

If we really want this lad at Walsall get him on pre contract and the best we can offer and worry about getting him earlier if possible 

Exactly. We can deal with the laddie directly and take Walsall right out of the equation. Once thats done, can then offer Walsall a deal which gives them something we're comfortable with instead of them trying to drive us up to a ridiculous figure for a player who's leaving anyway

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Apparently we have bid £150,000 for Adebayo.

Would make no sense, so I really hope we haven't.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Exactly. We can deal with the laddie directly and take Walsall right out of the equation. Once thats done, can then offer Walsall a deal which gives them something we're comfortable with instead of them trying to drive us up to a ridiculous figure for a player who's leaving anyway

Personally think once the pre contract is agreed the deal will be done a few days later, the player will be driving the move through Walsall can’t really say no to any income either

1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Personally think once the pre contract is agreed the deal will be done a few days later, the player will be driving the move through Walsall can’t really say no to any income either

Good point which I hadn’t considered. If the pre-contract is done then Walsall’s options are clear. Leave now for a small fee or summer for free. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )