Liam Boyce

Lambo85

On 23/12/2020 at 18:48, jambopilms said:

Rewind to defeat against Dunfermline and Alloa and there were plenty of folk questioning why Wighton wasn't starting instead. A couple of good performances since doesn't mean it didn't happen.

My main point was somebody just making up that Gerrard likes him and he is what Rangers need.

Yeah I was one of them. When players are out of form and costing you points they get dropped. I’d add I never suggested selling him, just that he should come of the bench till he found some form. 

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bongo 1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

Would take a lot of cash to sell him. Hopefully! Would be stupid to do it this window as we need to go up first time of asking and he will play a big part in that.

Gorgie Boot boy
21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If you look at who they rank above him in value at Hearts then I think it’s fair to say it’s a pile of steaming shite. 

I know, that site does have the clowns running the circus look about it at times.

6 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Transfermarkt is pretty unreliable though, they don't take into account the smaller spending power in the leagues outside of the main Champions League teams (EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga etc.)   No team is going to pay £300k for a Scottish Championship player, regardless of how we feel about being down there. 

They had David Vanecek listed as being worth £625,000 when he signed for us :vrface:

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Transfermarkt is pretty unreliable though, they don't take into account the smaller spending power in the leagues outside of the main Champions League teams (EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga etc.)   No team is going to pay £300k for a Scottish Championship player, regardless of how we feel about being down there. 

They had David Vanecek listed as being worth £625,000 when he signed for us :vrface:

I know, it is handy though.

Like i said scary.

5 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I know, it is handy though.

Like i said scary.

Handy site, definitely, just worth a pinch of salt in some of the "lower" leagues. :)

Gorgie Boot boy

So many reasons why players values will plummet within the next few months, money won't be the defining factor in deals during these times.

Expect the unexpected some old familiar faces returning to Hearts and Scottish football.

Transfer markets are there to be raided, at the right time.

Any news on Boycey?

I know we scored 3 after he went off, but you could see certainly in the 2nd half we had no-one who could hold the ball up and bring others into the game

We will need him for what is a big January coming up

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Any news on Boycey?

I know we scored 3 after he went off, but you could see certainly in the 2nd half we had no-one who could hold the ball up and bring others into the game

We will need him for what is a big January coming up

Boycie has three issues , they are related to his time playing for NI this year. Has been having injections to play, his main problem is thigh muscle related.

Anyone who watches him play can see this injury is effecting his form, limited movements making it difficult for him to turn a player.

He edges himself rather than turn.

7 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Boycie has three issues , they are related to his time playing for NI this year. Has been having injections to play, his main problem is thigh muscle related.

Anyone who watches him play can see this injury is effecting his form, limited movements making it difficult for him to turn a player.

Interesting..... despite what you say he is pivotal in how we play and makes a big difference. Imagine a fully fit Boyce.

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Interesting..... despite what you say he is pivotal in how we play and makes a big difference. Imagine a fully fit Boyce.

I can't remember which game it was but Wighton started on the wing then after some changes was moved to centre forward. Boyce played just behind linking the play to Wighton and allowing Naismith to be more influential. For me that showed how I would like to see the team play or at least as a different system if things needed changing

3 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

For this reason I take it I wasn’t the only person raging at the TV when the Arbroath CH blatantly kneed Boyce in the thigh? There was an allegation against Robbie with regard to kicking someone on their ankle earlier this season but that challenge looked more than a bit naughty and pre-meditated. Unfortunately the ref we had last night is your stereotypical SFA robot who can’t actually read a game of football. 

Dick Campbell’s spraff about offside has stolen the headlines but I reckon Robbie/Boyce will be absolutely livid. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Shaggy2 said:

For this reason I take it I wasn’t the only person raging at the TV when the Arbroath CH blatantly kneed Boyce in the thigh? There was an allegation against Robbie with regard to kicking someone on their ankle earlier this season but that challenge looked more than a bit naughty and pre-meditated. Unfortunately the ref we had last night is your stereotypical SFA robot who can’t actually read a game of football. 

Dick Campbell’s spraff about offside has stolen the headlines but I reckon Robbie/Boyce will be absolutely livid. 

It has been evident in numerous games, this is why he has been missing sitters. He hasn't been turning naturally, kills his game as a threat in most cases.

Any type of hit in that area will be instant dead muscle cramps, he has other issues that also need attention.

He will still be up to play though, has a massive feeling for the club.

Bazzas right boot

I hope Boyce is OK, but if not is it just me that would put Naismith up top and have walker behind him? 

Wighton can't play up on his own, he needs Naismith or Boyce alongside, so even with 2 up top Naismith still has to be there. 

Was bored having a look at strikers out of contract in the summer. 

I'd take Stevie May and obviously we have Savage here now, so both him and Louis Moult would be known quantities to him. 

(obviously all 3 of our strikers having prolific injury histories would be something to consider). 

heartgarfunkel
3 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Went totally ****ing mental at that.  Dirty ***** player, and dirty ****ing rotter of a referee, creepy wee *****.

Hope Boycie heals soon.  Love him.  

2 minutes ago, heartgarfunkel said:

Went totally ****ing mental at that.  Dirty ***** player, and dirty ****ing rotter of a referee, creepy wee *****.

Hope Boycie heals soon.  Love him.  

Totally agree re ref's performance - many poor decisions, with the vast majority of these to Hearts disadvantage.

heartgarfunkel
1 minute ago, Faither said:

Totally agree re ref's performance - many poor decisions, with the vast majority of these to Hearts disadvantage.

He was shocking Faither - was out to make a name for himself. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, heartgarfunkel said:

He was shocking Faither - was out to make a name for himself. 

Without seeing one second of last nights game I would suggest he'll be on the GFA's fastrack scheme. 

It has been evident in numerous games, this is why he has been missing sitters. He hasn't been turning naturally, kills his game as a threat in most cases.

Any type of hit in that area will be instant dead muscle cramps, he has other issues that also need attention.

He will still be up to play though, has a massive feeling for the club.

You obviously know him really well. 

3 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

spotted it straight away and thought it was a deliberate cheap shot aimed at Boyce for one reason only and clearly it worked.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

It was a bad challenge, something I thought we had seen the last of years ago. The kind of hero challenge John Hughes etc would do, Porteous tries it too. 
The guy had a few bad challenges throughout the game without a yellow. 
Refs seem worse this time around, they all look similar, 5’7-9” dark hair and small man syndrome. 

We should be able to breeze through most of our games without him.  Give him all the time he needs to recover completely.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, viva hate said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-get-triple-injury-boost-dundee-trip-striker-major-doubt-3081284

Nothing too serious then. Hopefully Wighton can fill in whilst he gets rid of this niggle.

No mention of Ginnelly so it looks like it’s him that is self isolating. 

10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was a bad challenge, something I thought we had seen the last of years ago. The kind of hero challenge John Hughes etc would do, Porteous tries it too. 
Refs seem worse this time around, they all look similar, 5’7-9” dark hair and small man syndrome. 

I thought he was the worst ref we've had in the Championship.  Highest Hearts foul count and he will be Scottish Premiership soon, he's that bad.

21 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Then wtf are we still playing him against pish like Arbroath? Should be rested until fully fit, Wighton and Naismith are more than capable of getting us goals in this tinpot division

21 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Why is he playing? Surely we can cope without him, allowing him to get fully recovered. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

I thought he was the worst ref we've had in the Championship.  Highest Hearts foul count and he will be Scottish Premiership soon, he's that bad.

Yeah he was pretty poor. 

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Was furious at his performance. Stopped the game at every opportunity rather than let it flow. Contributed massively to a poor game of football.

15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

4 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Nick Walsh has been around a while and now on the FIFA list.

I thought last time round in the Championship, the up and coming refs, such as Don Robertson were good.

Referees
John Beaton
Kevin Clancy
William Collum
Bobby Madden
David Munro
Don Robertson
Nick Walsh

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Nick Walsh has been around a while and now on the FIFA list.

I thought last time round in the Championship, the up and coming refs, such as Don Robertson were good.

Referees
John Beaton
Kevin Clancy
William Collum
Bobby Madden
David Munro
Don Robertson
Nick Walsh

As I said they all look and act the same, it’s hard to differentiate. 
Sky Sports news highlighting Huge Heid diver challenge on a Dundee United player that was a yellow at least in the build up to a goal yesterday. They showed Collum at the end of the clip, the worst of the small man syndrome brigade. 

Gorgie Boot boy
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why is he playing? Surely we can cope without him, allowing him to get fully recovered. 

Because they are playable injuries,the restrictions make it difficult to do any needed surgery.

The other issue is that the body starts to seize up, all sorts of problems come along.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

30 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Well presented. I enjoyed reading your piece,really well presented.

Thanks You.

23 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

A good read mate, thanks

Cheers for reading guys. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Cheers for reading guys. 

Brilliant , i have it bookmarked. Hope you are going to do more pieces on our players , Coaching staff.

Good luck in 2021. May you be a winner.

4 hours ago, Goodfella said:

On topic of Boyce I wrote a wee piece on him if anyone wants to read below:

https://theoldcastlerock.wordpress.com/2020/12/29/boyce-is-on-the-boil/ 

" ...Boyce’s ability to allure defenders in the box... "    Ooh, Matron, etc., etc...

Otherwise a good read!   :icon14:

Because they are playable injuries,the restrictions make it difficult to do any needed surgery.

The other issue is that the body starts to seize up, all sorts of problems come along.

There not playable, if you're constantly subbed and needing endless treatment. Your seize up patter. :rofl:

22 hours ago, viva hate said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-get-triple-injury-boost-dundee-trip-striker-major-doubt-3081284

Nothing too serious then. Hopefully Wighton can fill in whilst he gets rid of this niggle.

Not if he’s left on his lonesome up front!

• 1 year later...

Hear some folk grumble about Boyce.

But he assisted both goals yesterday firstly by winning the ball back. Second nice assist for Simms.

About as good an SPL striker as we could expect. A really important player for us.

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, Alan_R said:

Hear some folk grumble about Boyce.

But he assisted both goals yesterday firstly by winning the ball back. Second nice assist for Simms.

About as good an SPL striker as we could expect. A really important player for us.

I am a big critic of him but in the last two games he has played well ( penalty excepted ) won the ball back well for the first goal and benefits from someone alongside him up front.