Liam Boyce

Lambo85

He is class, we would struggle to find a better striker, we will need to get him on an extended deal soon, as I'm sure there will be clubs interested this summer after he bangs in 20+ this season.

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bongo 1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

Borders Jambo
1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

He is class, we would struggle to find a better striker, we will need to get him on an extended deal soon, as I'm sure there will be clubs interested this summer after he bangs in 20+ this season.

This.

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Was a lovely ball he played in for Simms yesterday. 

Edited by GinRummy

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, he understands exactly what Simms is looking for

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, he understands exactly what Simms is looking for

Looks that way. Him and Gnando didn’t click too well the odd time they played together. Simms is a different calibre of player altogether. 

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Simms back heel to Boycie for the Halliday strike, very nice

2 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Yip. Got a player on our hands with big Ellis. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yip. Got a player on our hands with big Ellis. 

He has the know how, in the right spot near every time. Outside of your post i would like to ask something. Did you notice the pre match video before yesterdays game, was around 20 seconds long . The song they chose wasn't sung in English, at the time i thought it was a hint at a player coming in  i should of saved it but forgot. Did You see it, i tried to find it again on twitter, have no account so was unsuccessful. Was wanting to know the language the song was sung in, maybe get the clue if there is one from that.

Simms is destined to be a top player, once he familiarises himself space here he is going to light up the Edinburgh Skyline .

Edited by Factuer Moi

1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

He has the know how, in the right spot near every time. Outside of your post i would like to ask something. Did you notice the pre match video before yesterdays game, was around 20 seconds long . The song they chose wasn't sung in English, at the time i thought it was a hint at a player coming in  i should of saved it but forgot. Did You see it, i tried to find it again on twitter, have no account so was unsuccessful.

Simms is destined to be a top player, once he familiarises himself space here he is going to light up the Edinburgh Skyline .

Didn’t see it bud. 

Byyy The Light

Sat in the front row yesterday (usually high up the back)

Boyce was class. So many subtle nudges, turns and touches you don’t appreciate as much when you aren’t that close. Top player.

part_time_jambo
46 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Don't overegg it. The back heel went to a Motherwell player. Good that he tried it though.

4 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Don't overegg it. The back heel went to a Motherwell player. Good that he tried it though.

Oh i need to watch it again then, i thought Boycie touched it. Simms has tried the back heel a couple of times .

Boyce won the second ball and Devlin took over , passed to Halliday. 

Edited by Factuer Moi

I'm a big fan of Boyce but I thought he looked uncomfortable in the new lineup with Simms.  We have been playing the one way all season and then the introduction of a second strikers changes its all.

6 minutes ago, briever said:

I'm a big fan of Boyce but I thought he looked uncomfortable in the new lineup with Simms.  We have been playing the one way all season and then the introduction of a second strikers changes its all.

I thought he was more effective yesterday.

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

I thought he was more effective yesterday.

I was kind of referring to his body language - but he was effective, apart from the butchering of that chance - just felt he drifted a bit.

Not sure he's the right foil for Simms and vice versa.

1 minute ago, briever said:

I was kind of referring to his body language - but he was effective, apart from the butchering of that chance - just felt he drifted a bit.

Not sure he's the right foil for Simms and vice versa.

The two of them have already got something, they are covering each other at times. Simms gives Boycie freedom he has not had since his debut V Deedco

Bazzas right boot

Boyce looked a bit lost first 20 on the right but adapted really well. 

He's a good player. 

Boycie's intelligence yesterday was key to us winning the game. 

First goal. Plays the pass into Ellis, then continues his run, wins the ball back from the well defender. Then if you watch his movement afterwards. He is in on goal, looking for a pass from Devlin. 

The ball for the second goal is just simply sublime! The perfect weighted pass. Haring was the man that acknowledged his pass as he was the only player to run direct to Boycie, all else straight to Simms. 

What I also liked about the second goal was Ellis movement. He knows he needs to get across the other side for a tap in. Very clever. 

Great communication by the two of them early. Take this into Tuesday night please. 

Edited by copa-mundial

Gimme an H...

Agree that we would struggle to find a better SPFL striker for the £ at the moment and his stats speak for themselves but I feel he’s regressed in his overall play recently.

He does well initially with his first touch but more often than not he’ll hang on to it for too long and we lose the chance to play someone through. Think he tries too hard sometimes with the ball at his feet. Needs to think a bit quicker for me.

In saying all that, he’s still our starter striker for me. Hopefully the new competition will benefit him.

Edited by Gimme an H...