Liam Boyce

Lambo85

20 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Sadly he’s one of the few players we have who is worth decent cash. Hope he stays. 

He's said in interview he doesn't believe in pushing for moves, he likes to honour his contract, he's that type of guy.

That suggests if he goes it'll be because we want him to, so you have to assume he's going nowhere. 

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bongo 1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

If he becomes a Hearts player I will judge him on how he plays in a Hearts strip and not any other team's strip.

He is like ivan sproule but not as quick ie shite.

4 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Someone I know is good friends with M Smith. He isn't going anywhere, him and his wife love life here and he likes being at the club. He has had opportunities to go in the last 2 seasons and has told Hearts he isn't interested in leaving.

Same as he tells his neighbour as well. Yet some on here suggest he wants out. 

22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Same as he tells his neighbour as well. Yet some on here suggest he wants out. 

He loves the club and living here.

20 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Load of crap, no clubs out with old firm can afford any transfer fees, and he isn't good enough to start for old firm.

So who will fill the void, for Aberdeen when cosgrove leaves then, as they are actively trying to move him on with several interested clubs. 

Rangers have clubs interested in morelos, roofe, kamara, tav,.

Do you think I'm honestly going to come on here and say clubs, are interested if they aren't 😂

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

So who will fill the void, for Aberdeen when cosgrove leaves then, as they are actively trying to move him on with several interested clubs. 

Do you think I'm honestly going to come on here and say clubs, are interested if they aren't 😂

I don't see Boycie going anywhere, no idea why it is a story.

He has suitors from last year still hanging in there, do you have some other insight into this ?

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

He has suitors from last year still hanging in there, do you have some other insight into this ?

No i come on and tell people, what I've been told whether they believe it or not, I couldn't care. 

As i said it depends on other clubs movements, I didn't say he is actively trying to force for a move did i? 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No i come on and tell people, what I've been told whether they believe it or not, I couldn't care. 

As i said it depends on other clubs movements, I didn't say he is actively trying to force for a move did i? 

I have no idea mate, i was only asking.

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

As for insight, none of your papers were reporting that celtic were trying to convince Hickey to change his mind, I said on this forum that there was late interest from celtic. 

Hickey after his move came out 2 weeks after saying there was talks held with celtic.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

As for insight, none of your papers were reporting that celtic were trying to convince Hickey to change his mind, I said on this forum that there was late interest from celtic. 

Hickey after his move came out 2 weeks after saying there was talks held with celtic.

What do you mean  none of your papers.

Calm yourself, as i said i was only asking .

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He loves the club and living here.

Of course, who would not love to live and work in the capital of Scotland and play for its number 1 team. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Makes sense Tbh. 

I'd be hopeful Boyce would rather stay at us and we match any possible terms offered by Aberdeen. 

Rangers will need to sell at least one player you'd have thought this season, Likley 2, but surely they will wait until the summer, I can only see Morelos leaving them before that, if any. 

When not talking about Stendel you generally make sense, no reason to question your info imo. 

Bazzas right boot

I hope Boyce is leading the line next season for us as we put the shite and other teams in their box. 

I like him, good character and a good player. 

kingantti1874

Would be amazed if he went to Aberdeen.. by the time spectators are allowed we will be promoted anyway and can pay the same if not more than the sheep.. 

rangers of course are a different matter, but he’d only be going there for a pay check as he wouldn’t feature much other than from the bench..

Very little chance he will be leaving IMO unless someone offers stupid money

On 21/12/2020 at 18:48, Smith's right boot said:

Cheers, folk talk of McMullan, is he any good? 

If I remember correctly we tried to sign him but he chose to go to Dundee Utd instead. If Robbie rates him then he could be a good addition to the squad.

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes.

You’ve done nothing but stir shit since Neilson was appointed.

It seems extremely unlikely Rangers will sell anyone when they're massive favourites to win the league

Several of us posted re the continual Celtic efforts to convince him and his dad to wait until January. No big secret to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Diego10 said:

It seems extremely unlikely Rangers will sell anyone when they're massive favourites to win the league

Rangers are good for money they have people, that are prepared to seriously back them if they win the league, and give the Champions League a go next season. 

But until fans can get back into the ground, they are going to have to watch as they have made losses. 

But they are on an increasingly sure financial footing as a result of their European exploits. 

They won their group and have already secured 6.6 mil from performance related payouts. 

Uefa Europa league distribution shows that rangers, have already earned 2.6mil from their group stage allocation, on top of the £700.000 for progressing through the Europa league qualification rounds, at the start of the season. 

The clubs performances in their 6 matches yielded four wins and two draws, that netted them £2.4mil, and by qualifying for the knockout stages as group winners, they have also landed a £900.000 bonus. 

They will also earn millions from TV pool money as the club share of TV pool, and their increased Uefa coefficient ranking, as well as commercial and merchandise income 

Now could rangers do with a player like Boyce absolutely, does Gerrard rate him yes. 

He wouldn't get a game for them, honestly don't slaver a lot of pish man, has scored against rangers, hibs, celtic. 

Rangers also are looking to get fees for both Jones and Stewart. 

Aberdeen are actively looking to get cosgrove sold for as much as they possibly can, hedges who has performed well for them this year, has several clubs interested in him, was a player that worked under Stendel at Barnsley, and a player that Stendel asked the board to get on a 3 year contract but they but wouldn't sanction it, as they felt the players wage demands were to much. 

Rangers will definitely sell players in the summer, the money will be to good to turn down. 

Morelos will possibly be away in January, with premiership clubs willing to take him. 

Hope that clarifys and puts people mind at ease, may i ask, the last time we had a northern Irish striker scoring regulary for us, who I'm very close with, what club came in and took him 🤔 even if it meant it weakened us on our return to the premiership, do you think rangers wouldn't do it, £400k-£500k is nothing to them and i reckon we would take that for Boyce. 

Glamorgan Jambo

The thing with Boyce is if I was him and had a number of clubs after me last January I wouldn’t have signed for us if there was a relegation clause included in the contract. So unless Aberdeen can better us in a way they couldn’t 12 months ago he won’t go there regardless of any fee.

Appreciate folks connections but all clubs are stretched just now with fan returns no closer now than they were in September. It’s clear what Gerrard is trying to do (have 4 strikers he can rotate) but Roofe and Itten weren’t big money buys and if Morelos leaves (everyone’s aware of his discipline problems) he’ll be looking for a main man not a jersey filler like Roofe, Itten and potentially Boyce.

We’ll see. We hold the cards here as far as the contract length is concerned.

6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Load of crap I repeat. You being honest or not does not come into it.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I hope Boyce is leading the line next season for us as we put the shite and other teams in their box. 

I like him, good character and a good player. 

:spoton:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Rangers will not be signing Liam Boyce. You don't need to know people to know that.

Aberdeen, more realistic but still unlikely I would say. He seems to be a typical McInnes striker though.

On 21/12/2020 at 21:00, Sir Gio said:

Stevie Fulton,  JC. Life would have been less without them 

Roddy McDonald, Walter Kidd, Bobby Prentice, Stephan Mahe too.

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Roddy McDonald, Walter Kidd, Bobby Prentice, Stephan Mahe too.

Are Rangers signing them as well? Controversial. 

10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Rangers are good for money they have people, that are prepared to seriously back them if they win the league, and give the Champions League a go next season. 

But until fans can get back into the ground, they are going to have to watch as they have made losses. 

But they are on an increasingly sure financial footing as a result of their European exploits. 

They won their group and have already secured 6.6 mil from performance related payouts. 

Uefa Europa league distribution shows that rangers, have already earned 2.6mil from their group stage allocation, on top of the £700.000 for progressing through the Europa league qualification rounds, at the start of the season. 

The clubs performances in their 6 matches yielded four wins and two draws, that netted them £2.4mil, and by qualifying for the knockout stages as group winners, they have also landed a £900.000 bonus. 

They will also earn millions from TV pool money as the club share of TV pool, and their increased Uefa coefficient ranking, as well as commercial and merchandise income 

Now could rangers do with a player like Boyce absolutely, does Gerrard rate him yes. 

He wouldn't get a game for them, honestly don't slaver a lot of pish man, has scored against rangers, hibs, celtic. 

Aberdeen are actively looking to get cosgrove sold for as much as they possibly can, hedges who has performed well for them this year, has several clubs interested in him, was a player that worked under Stendel at Barnsley, and a player that Stendel asked the board to get on a 3 year contract but they but wouldn't sanction it, as they felt the players wage demands were to much. 

Rangers will definitely sell players in the summer, the money will be to good to turn down. 

Morelos will possibly be away in January, with premiership clubs willing to take him. 

Hope that clarifys and puts people mind at ease, may i ask, the last time we had a northern Irish striker scoring regulary for us, who I'm very close with, what club came in and took him 🤔 even if it meant it weakened us on our return to the premiership, do you think rangers wouldn't do it, £400k-£500k is nothing to them and i reckon we would take that for Boyce. 

That’s a whole load of words to try and justify an argument!! 
FFS. 🙈

10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You have absolutely no idea if Gerrard rates him or not.

A couple of weeks ago most of us wanted him dropped because he couldn't hit a barn door. I doubt if he is what Rangers need for their champions League push.

They took Lafferty and he couldn't get a game because he is ultimately pish.

11 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

One big difference between Lafferty and Boyce though. 
Re a fee for Stewart, five months left on his contract, turning 31, hasn’t held down a regular first team place in two years. What club is going to pay a fee? 

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

One big difference between Lafferty and Boyce though. 
Re a fee for Stewart, five months left on his contract, turning 31, hasn’t held down a regular first team place in two years. What club is going to pay a fee? 

They'll see it as a saving. 

10 hours ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Rangers will not be signing Liam Boyce. You don't need to know people to know that.

Aberdeen, more realistic but still unlikely I would say. He seems to be a typical McInnes striker though.

correct. A quick look at his history will tell you that he won’t go down well at Rangers. Sad but true.

Michael Smith lives round the corner from me. Great guy and love living in Kirkliston. You see him down on the football pitches helping some of the kids out. Kids are at nursery here and wife loves it. Only way he will move is if hearts sell him...and he doesn’t want that to happen.

16 hours ago, Jambos1983 said:

Why on earth would we sell him to aberdeen and why on earth would he want to go there? 

He doesn't. 

It's a lot of crap. 

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I agree that Rangers do have money coming in, but tbh that was never the problem, it was the money going out!

You can take in £1b, but no point if you pay out £1.5b every year, at some point it will catch up with you.

like you say tho-If the UCL gamble pays off, unfortunately they should be ok and  if they sell one player for a decent amount that will make up some shortfall this season.

I don't think Boyce is good enough for where Rangers want to be at tbh, but agree we would take £500k give or take and Boyce would treble his wages overnight. 

If they sell Morelos and buy Boyce then tbh  that would also surely contradict any "sound financial footing" argument?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Boyce should be the focal point for our team moving forward. 

Most dangerous player we have 

Popescu is far more dangerous..... 

Neilson has been saying for months now that the reason he wanted wide men in the team was because we had such a good striker in the box. We literally built our team around Liam Boyce.

Versus some radge on kickback that hates Neilson saying Boyce isn’t happy at being asked to play so deep.

It’s quite the ****in quandary.

20 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Neilson has been saying for months now that the reason he wanted wide men in the team was because we had such a good striker in the box. We literally built our team around Liam Boyce.

Versus some radge on kickback that hates Neilson saying Boyce isn’t happy at being asked to play so deep.

It’s quite the ****in quandary.

I spoke to Marlene who says it's simply not true. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree that Rangers do have money coming in, but tbh that was never the problem, it was the money going out!

You can take in £1b, but no point if you pay out £1.5b every year, at some point it will catch up with you.

like you say tho-If the UCL gamble pays off, unfortunately they should be ok and  if they sell one player for a decent amount that will make up some shortfall this season.

I don't think Boyce is good enough for where Rangers want to be at tbh, but agree we would take £500k give or take and Boyce would treble his wages overnight. 

If they sell Morelos and buy Boyce then tbh  that would also surely contradict any "sound financial footing" argument?

Boyce is totally a player that would suit Rangers style, definitely good enough but he's a Celtic fan so I doubt it would be his dream to play for them. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Boyce is totally a player that would suit Rangers style, definitely good enough but he's a Celtic fan so I doubt it would be his dream to play for them. 

If Rangers want to kick on and compete in the UCL they will look for more than Boyce imo.

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If Rangers want to kick on and compete in the UCL they will look for more than Boyce imo.

They probably will once they sell Morelos but Boyce would be a good 2nd/3rd choice striker for them.