Draft beer machines @ home

graygo

On 30/12/2021 at 13:18, jambo89 said:

I'm sure it's been asked before on here, but thinking of getting one for the family holiday home in Spain. Where could I order a machine abroad and what about purchasing the kegs? I remeber seeing somewhere that the kegs are actually cheaper in Europe, but would'nt know where to start.

DP.

Edited by Awbdy Oot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Sooperstar

• Tott

• muldoon74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Stella bringing out a new beer for PD this year going by marketing. 

You reckon it's a beer? I was thinking it was Cidre / cider

6 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

You reckon it's a beer? I was thinking it was Cidre / cider

They've said it's a brand new beer at 5%.

Just now, Sooperstar said:

They've said it's a brand new beer at 5%.

Aw right never seen that. Only seen the posy on facebook with an 'apple green' back ground and capitlalised 'BEER'. Assumed they might have been trying a bit of misdirection.

Never mind though, I will definitely still try it.

Dennis Reynolds

The new Day-Today shop on Salamander Place in Leith is stocking kegs. Doing returns as well which might be handy for folk. Just picked up a Hasseroder. Not a massive selection but decent enough.

1 hour ago, muldoon74 said:

Any extra costs for shipping to UK? 

It's a fair bit cheaper than beerhawk for pd machines.. 

They won't deliver to the UK.

11 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Any extra costs for shipping to UK? 

It's a fair bit cheaper than beerhawk for pd machines.. 

do watch out for additional duty/VAT. Post Brexit not entirely worth the additional hassle.

They don't deliver to the UK and beer hawk don't deliver to Europe.

I just bought one of these, it should arrive before the weekend :yas:

• 2 months later...
Japan Jambo

Just snagged a Jupiler keg at a 'Jumbo' supermarket in Maasricht - an unbelievable €16.09 !! Assuming I can get a five back for the keg that is as close to free beer as I can get!!

Dagger Is Back

Just got a PD machine. Looking forward to that first pint of Leffe Blonde.

Anyone know of any keg stockists in West Edinburg?

6 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Wasn’t a fan of Leffe Blonde personally. There is a few corner shops that sell it, but best joining a Facebook group to find the closest one to you.

I always use beer hawk online order as works out cheaper overall (if you order 3 kegs) 

7 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I use Keg mart in Whitburn. Great choice of kegs and I find it easier to get to than tackling the bypass to get wallyford. 

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Wasn’t a fan of Leffe Blonde personally. There is a few corner shops that sell it, but best joining a Facebook group to find the closest one to you.

I always use beer hawk online order as works out cheaper overall (if you order 3 kegs) 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

I use Keg mart in Whitburn. Great choice of kegs and I find it easier to get to than tackling the bypass to get wallyford. 

👍👏

13 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Leffe Blonde is on offer on Amazon for £28.80 per keg just now.

17 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Shop in Wallyford keeps decent stocks  and takes returns for £5 

10 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I was in today (I live round the corner) and they've got a huge range in stock just now. I took back 3 returns recently and got £15 off a single keg 

15 minutes ago, Tott said:

If your ordering from beerhawk.

Mind and order in multiples of 3 and use the discount code. 

Yeah going to wait until Friday and get a few kegs, where do you find discount codes?

2 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Yeah going to wait until Friday and get a few kegs, where do you find discount codes?

It's 15PDKT

His name is
2 hours ago, The Tackle said:

I got a PD today with corona as the bundle. Not a great beer but you live and learn

I'm not a fan of bottles of corona but was at my mates the other week and he had corona on the PD, fair enjoyed it 

Dagger Is Back
5 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Nice one thanks. One wee question. When you return them via shops I presume you don’t have to box them?

9 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Leffe Blonde is on offer on Amazon for £28.80 per keg just now.

Would be rude not to. £2.26 a pint after tyd £5 keg return. In saying that, the Wetherspoons in Corstorphine has Leffe at £3.69 a pint. Cheap night out at those prices.

7 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Nice one thanks. One wee question. When you return them via shops I presume you don’t have to box them?

Would be rude not to. £2.26 a pint after tyd £5 keg return. In saying that, the Wetherspoons in Corstorphine has Leffe at £3.69 a pint. Cheap night out at those prices.

No boxing required 

Dagger Is Back
1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

No boxing required 

Even better. Thanks for your help. Looking forward to cracking open that first keg 

9 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I seen leffe in Wetherspoons myself the other week and was going to try a pint but the 6.6% made me think twice 

Is it a nice pint?

Dagger Is Back
9 minutes ago, theshed said:

I seen leffe in Wetherspoons myself the other week and was going to try a pint but the 6.6% made me think twice 

Is it a nice pint?

I like it and it’s the first time I’ve ever seen it on draft. 3 pints before the Hearts evening cup game was a bit ambitious though.

Well worth a try though especially at that price. 

8 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Whitburn shop also gives £5 per keg return, I think all places do to be honest. 

8 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I like it and it’s the first time I’ve ever seen it on draft. 3 pints before the Hearts evening cup game was a bit ambitious though.

Well worth a try though especially at that price. 

From what I was reading Wetherspoons changed some of their lagers in all of their pubs in the uk. Done away with a few and introduced a few new ones and that included leffe plus corona 

11 hours ago, The Tackle said:

I got a PD today with corona as the bundle. Not a great beer but you live and learn

If lager is your thing, then I’d recommend Jupiler and Lowenbrau on the PD. La virgen was also quite good. 

9 hours ago, theshed said:

Is it a nice pint?

Leffe Blonde is a very nice beer, not sure it’s best drunk by the pint though.

15 hours ago, graygo said:

I was in today (I live round the corner) and they've got a huge range in stock just now. I took back 3 returns recently and got £15 off a single keg 

Did they have Spaten, in stock?

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

If lager is your thing, then I’d recommend Jupiler and Lowenbrau on the PD. La virgen was also quite good. 

+1 on the La Virgen lager, liked it very much. The La Virgen IPA is good too but there are better.

1 hour ago, OBE said:

Did they have Spaten, in stock?

I'm pretty sure they did but don't shoot me if they don't. 

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm pretty sure they did but don't shoot me if they don't. 

Is that the old Fa'Side...no more?

I find that the stronger beers taste better in the PD, Karmeliet was very nice and I have a keg of Trappist in there just now which is decent.

I wasn't that keen on Jupiler or Diekirch (both weaker lagers) and I didn't think Leffe blonde tasted as nice as it does in a bar.

I had a keg of Tennants the other week and thought it was pretty good but that might just be due to nostalgia since I've been out of Scotland for so long 😄

2 minutes ago, andrew said:

I find that the stronger beers taste better in the PD, Karmeliet was very nice and I have a keg of Trappist in there just now which is decent.

I wasn't that keen on Jupiler or Diekirch (both weaker lagers) and I didn't think Leffe blonde tasted as nice as it does in a bar.

I had a keg of Tennants the other week and thought it was pretty good but that might just be due to nostalgia since I've been out of Scotland for so long 😄

Out of Scotland for so long may have repaired your taste buds that Tennant's damaged before...😃

2 minutes ago, OBE said:

Out of Scotland for so long may have repaired your taste buds that Tennant's damaged before...😃

That may well be the case 😂