Draft beer machines @ home

graygo

45 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Deals on subs are really good just now. (Although I'm sure you'll have done own homework).

On Beerwulf: machine plus 8 Heineken/morreti/ 4 of each; £154. 

Yes had a wee look. I notcie they do a subscription service, but seems to only be for specific beers and limited amount of changes per month / quarter. I like to pick different beers each time for the PD, but still reckon the SUB would be cheaper now with the price hike. The thing that appeals to me most, is that it's only 4 pints, so if the beer is rank, it's not a drama to change it. I had Leffe Noel last Xmas and really didn't like it, but forced myself to drink it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Sooperstar

• Tott

• muldoon74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jambo89 said:

Yes had a wee look. I notcie they do a subscription service, but seems to only be for specific beers and limited amount of changes per month / quarter. I like to pick different beers each time for the PD, but still reckon the SUB would be cheaper now with the price hike. The thing that appeals to me most, is that it's only 4 pints, so if the beer is rank, it's not a drama to change it. I had Leffe Noel last Xmas and really didn't like it, but forced myself to drink it.

They do a lot of discounts and also if u order 8 torps you get free delivery.

I had 8 picked out on Friday, totalled under £70 but delivery was for yesterday so didn't do it. 

Just aswell as energy bill doubled this week ☹️

Obviously taste is personal but I've not had a bad one yet. Only problem I've had was with Amstel, I've found doesn't pour well. But that could be me, machine or the Amstel! 

Had Heineken on Sunday. Then when ran out went to shop bought 4 pint cans of Heineken. Difference is truly night and day (in favour of the torps).. 

il Duce McTarkin
17 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Ohh that is filthy! I've not tried the goose yet, but life and death was lovely on the PD. Thinking of also getting a sub for the variety.

The Goose midway is delicious and not too strong if you fancy a session. Probably my favourite beer atm.

On 27/07/2022 at 06:10, jambo89 said:

Ohh that is filthy! I've not tried the goose yet, but life and death was lovely on the PD. Thinking of also getting a sub for the variety.

I've a dilemma ATM...

Daughters husband getting rid of his pd, wants £100 for it... Fair enough price I think..

However if I take it I'll have to get a keg for Saturday aswell. So that's £130 straight away. 

That's 12/13 torps for the sub .. 🤔🤔🤔

I'm torn... ☹️🍺

1 hour ago, muldoon74 said:

I've a dilemma ATM...

Daughters husband getting rid of his pd, wants £100 for it... Fair enough price I think..

However if I take it I'll have to get a keg for Saturday aswell. So that's £130 straight away. 

I'm torn... ☹️🍺

Just go for it. Treat yourself, you deserve it! 😉

If my missus would have it, I'd buy the SUB and have both set up in the kitchen. At the moment, its one or the other.

18 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

I've a dilemma ATM...

I'm torn... ☹️🍺

Not get a test run with a view to buying? 🙂

18 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

I've a dilemma ATM...

I'm torn... ☹️🍺

No brainier for that price imo. If you don’t get on with it you could sell it for at least what you paid. 

Dennis Reynolds

Finally tried the Ukrainian lager. It's quite good I thought. Seems to pour a lot better than the most recent keg I had which seemed a bit flat which probably helps. Pint flew down my throat last night. 

Do The Dance

Just had an email from beerhawk for a free keg of Bud. Just ordered. Check your emails!

Japan Jambo
15 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

Just had an email from beerhawk for a free keg of Bud. Just ordered. Check your emails!

thanks, website keeps crashing....!!!

Do The Dance

Boy from Beerhawk on Facebook saying to keep trying, beer's still there. I managed to get on as soon as the email arrived.

37 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

thanks, website keeps crashing....!!!

Keep trying, I had the same issue but just went through. £4.99 carriage unless you order more to reach minimum order for free delivery.

Dean Winchester

Just got mines so still some available as of a few mins ago

Edit: Wonder how many kegs celebrating the Women's Euro win will be heading north of the border :lol:

Edited by Dean Winchester

Managed to get hold of one after about an hour and a half of trying.

not something I would order but never had it on the PD before so won’t say no 

1 hour ago, Dean Winchester said:

Anyone received theirs yet? Got no tracking info for mines yet

Yeah came yesterday- in the fridge for the weekend 

4 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

Anyone received theirs yet? Got no tracking info for mines yet

Received yesterday, chilled overnight and just poured a pint from it. 👍

Just now, Dean Winchester said:

Might need to send them a message then 🤔 

I've not received confirmation of mine being sent out yet either.

On 28/07/2022 at 15:01, jambo89 said:

Just go for it. Treat yourself, you deserve it! 😉

If my missus would have it, I'd buy the SUB and have both set up in the kitchen. At the moment, its one or the other.

On 29/07/2022 at 07:57, Tott said:

Not get a test run with a view to buying? 🙂

On 29/07/2022 at 08:02, Dazo said:

No brainier for that price imo. If you don’t get on with it you could sell it for at least what you paid. 

Taking it, plus keeping sub.

Each of the kids (3) are getting me a keg for my birthday later this month. 

Happiness approaches...

1 hour ago, muldoon74 said:

Happiness approaches...

Nice one..

Never had the sub, PD however is top notch 👍

11 hours ago, Tott said:

Never even  got the  Bud offer e-mail from Beerhawk ☹️

Check your junk mail or promotions if you use Gmail. Often find them in there on mine

12 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Happiness approaches...

Perfect solution and I do the same with my kids. Instead of wasting a lot of money on shite I don’t want or need a PD keg is good enough. 

Side note but imo Bud on the PD is brutal, I wouldn’t take it even for nowt. 

22 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Perfect solution and I do the same with my kids. Instead of wasting a lot of money on shite I don’t want or need a PD keg is good enough. 

Side note but imo Bud on the PD is brutal, I wouldn’t take it even for nowt. 

Tried bud and Corona on pd, both rubbish considering others available.

Can't wait to get fired into the lowenbrau, spaten, jupiler and Stella as I know they're lovely..

I'll get round to others I've not had in due course.. there's no rush! 😃🍻🍻🍺🍺

Just now, muldoon74 said:

Tried bud and Corona on pd, both rubbish considering others available.

Can't wait to get fired into the lowenbrau, spaten, jupiler and Stella as I know they're lovely..

I'll get round to others I've not had in due course.. there's no rush! 😃🍻🍻🍺🍺

Yep they are my go to brands for lager on the PD. 🍻

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, allyby said:

Anyone got any discount code.

Discount codes are now personal to each buyer, Facebook code been stopped. You need to have bought 12 kegs in last year to get the code.

• 4 weeks later...

Another price increase on the way. I fear this may be one too many for Beer Hawk. I understand their reasoning (although it was the same reasoning they gave 6 months ago) but the price is might make more people switch to bottles. The big supermarkets can absorb any squeeze on profits.

It's a nice novelty to have and I used to buy 3 kegs regularly, but I have stopped that now. Will probably only buy the odd keg or 2 if I know there is an occasion coming up, but that's it. It's a shame though as it would mean missing out on the 10% discount ( but I just can't justify shelling out over £100 for 3 kegs the now) and that brings most kegs to over £3 per pint. I can get a pint in my local for £4 so will end up going there instead I reckon.

Yep agree....price increase is making it pointless. Be aswell buying cans or bottles (just bought 12 cans of punk for £13 at asda). I too used to buy 3 kegs regularly but haven't bought any in months until tonight and saw the price increase due from tomorrow. I had £50 to redeem in beer tokens so bought 6 kegs. With my 10%discount the total for 6 was £137. Be my last for the foreseeable though 

Will use the machine for special occasions etc but as others have said the pricing is getting ridiculous.

It was just about worth it when you got the 15% discount and free shipping. Being able to return kegs and build your beer tokens helped also. 

Even before this latest hike, I’d been using the DayToday in Wallyford for a single keg here and there. They also give you a 5er for an empty keg…….Thus I fear my days of buying from Beer Hawk are over and have emailed them telling them so (for all the good it’ll do).

1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

I’ve seen someone mentioned Bier and wein. I think they’re EU based but apparently are much cheaper. Anyone used them before? 

Very limited range and very expensive for delivery. Possibly still cheaper but I'm sure their customer service is crap from memory.

Quick look shows only 3 kegs available.

Didn’t realise bier and wein had such limited stock. 

Looking on the positive side of this, I might shave a few kilo off the gut now.

14 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Didn’t realise bier and wein had such limited stock. 

Looking on the positive side of this, I might shave a few kilo off the gut now.

Lots of people got stung by Bier & Wien when they shut up shop without warning last year.

See there back delivering to the UK.

They if your order doesn't show up, there customer support is a wing and a prayer.

Will stick with the odd keg from local shops for now.

Buying 3 kegs at a time no longer a saving.

Had a torp of Amstel last night. 

5%, not the same pishy crap they're pushing as Amstel through the supermarkets.

Previously on the torp Amstel hasn't poured very well for me, but I discovered the best way to do it last night.

Use a litre stein, let the head settle a bit when half poured then you can top it up perfectly and looks a proper glass of beer. You get the full 2litres, no dregs in bottom of torp like can sometimes happen. 

• 2 weeks later...

So much for will power,

Wasn't going to order again for a few months.

New beer out today...Camden Hells Lager

Keg pack for £65

ahh..go on then 🙂

camden--hells--keg--pack_5_.png

12 minutes ago, Tott said:

So much for will power,

Keg pack for £65

ahh..go on then 🙂

Lovely stuff, could be tempted.. 🤔🤔🍺🍺

1 hour ago, Tott said:

So much for will power,

Keg pack for £65

ahh..go on then 🙂

Out of stock 🙁

il Duce McTarkin

Question for all you beer connoisseurs.

Has anyone had any kegs for the PD which are similar to a 70/- or 80/- ?

• 3 weeks later...

My baby machine has died....(:

Poured fine on Friday night, first pour on Saturday and every light on the front lit up and wouldn't pressurise when pouring.......nearly finished the keg...Sunday found what beer was left was warm....., then tried resetting it and it wont even boot up.....completely dead

Got lifted away yesterday to the PD doctor, hopefully back soon after surgery....

2 hours ago, moz said:

My baby machine has died....(:

Poured fine on Friday night, first pour on Saturday and every light on the front lit up and wouldn't pressurise when pouring.......nearly finished the keg...Sunday found what beer was left was warm....., then tried resetting it and it wont even boot up.....completely dead

Got lifted away yesterday to the PD doctor, hopefully back soon after surgery....

I had an issue with mines at Christmas time.  It was sent free of charge to the Philips Olympic shaver centre (which I thought was random!). It got repaired and was back with me within 4 days. A brilliant service. Hopefully you get yours back soon!