Draft beer machines @ home

graygo

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

probably due to it being 6.6% and you necking it like it is about to go out of date

You sure? :lol: 

Nah, even then, my mate had 2 or 3 pints of it one night and was ill the next day too. It's a hell of a beer. Lovely stuff though, but I'll be careful in future.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Sooperstar

• Tott

• muldoon74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thehibsareintheirbeds
22 hours ago, Locky said:

Take it easy on that. There's something about that in kegs that just knocks you sideways. I usually get through a whole keg of whatever in one night but Leffe defeated me. I was tucked up in bed after 7 or 8 and ****ed the next day.

I've been behaving having a few pints over last couple of nights but back on it for the game. Another couple and hopefully I won't remember any of it

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Where in Edinburgh stocks kegs I usually go to Wallyford but not much in? Cheers

Think there is a shop in Pilton that stocks them but not as official Beerhawk partners.

46 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Where in Edinburgh stocks kegs I usually go to Wallyford but not much in? Cheers

Beerhawk deliver next day for nowt if you buy a couple of kegs. 

Disser Pointon
19 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Think there is a shop in Pilton that stocks them but not as official Beerhawk partners.

Do they not take empties back then?

Disser Pointon
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Beerhawk deliver next day for nowt if you buy a couple of kegs. 

I looked this morning it was 6.99 for next day?

Just now, Bleedsmaroon said:

I looked this morning it was 6.99 for next day?

Just order with normal free delivery, always comes next day for me. Assume you live in Edinburgh ? 

42 minutes ago, mutley said:

15PDKT for 15% off multiples of 3

Used this one yesterday

25 minutes ago, mutley said:

Rumour that

BOBCRAFT and JOECRAFT

gives 20% off but you can only use them once per account

Then I seen this after I had purchased :(

10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Order more ? 🍻 

I did think about that, but knowing my luck, I’ll place an order and the next day tennents will become available!

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, mutley said:

I ordered 3 kegs on Tuesday at 4pm. They were delivered at 1pm yesterday standard delivery 

3 kegs😮, go easy on it.

3 hours ago, mutley said:

Rumour that

BOBCRAFT and JOECRAFT

Nice one.

Will be giving that a go on my next order  👍.

4 hours ago, mutley said:

Rumour that

BOBCRAFT and JOECRAFT

Ordered 3 kegs yesterday using the BOBCRAFT code, just had an email to say being delivered today. 😁🍺🍻

Just accidentally bought 6 keg instead of 3 as the website kept crashing! Hopefully it can be returned soon enough / cancelled sown. 

I am currently in the process of building a summer house/ bar in the garden and looking to get some kegs and a blade etc. I assume beer hawk is the best place to get this from?

30 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Can’t see any stock ?

Been and gone I think. Although jambo89 might have bought too many so you could strike a deal with him

32 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Just accidentally bought 6 keg instead of 3 as the website kept crashing! Hopefully it can be returned soon enough / cancelled sown. 

Same, just keeping them all though.

2 hours ago, jambo89 said:

They've just emailed me saying they noticed I placed 2 identical orders and asking if it was a mistake. I'm just leaving it. They'll get drunk.

Was on the waiting list for a PD machine and was lucky enough to get on on Tuesday from beerhawk. Just tried codes and can confirm BOBCRAFT and JOECRAFT didn't work for me however 15PDKT works so thanks for posting @mutley as I don't use Facebook so miss out on codes etc from their page 

17 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

They've just emailed me saying they noticed I placed 2 identical orders and asking if it was a mistake. I'm just leaving it. They'll get drunk.

Yeh I got the same email. I’ve already messaged them saying I don’t need them but if they arrive before they get back to me, so be it! 

20 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

I am currently in the process of building a summer house/ bar in the garden and looking to get some kegs and a blade etc. I assume beer hawk is the best place to get this from?

Beerwulf  supply the blade.

Beerhawk is perfect draught.

Not easy finding any of them in stock though.

13 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Looks like Aldi is going to do a special buy for the PD. £199.99 for the dispenser.

Does this mean they're going to start stocking kegs? 

54 minutes ago, Locky said:

Does this mean they're going to start stocking kegs? 

Not sure. As milky says above, it’s only available online, so doubt they will start selling the kegs in store, but you never know! 

7 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

Is that not an old advert as its dated Nov20 and doesn't appear to allow you to purchase?

possibly, the bit that might mean it is for future PDs is the coming soon

On 17/04/2021 at 10:17, Tott said:

Beerwulf  supply the blade.

Beerhawk is perfect draught.

Not easy finding any of them in stock though.

Cheers will keep an eye out. Probably won't be finished until June time anyway still a fair bit to go on the project 

11 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Cheers will keep an eye out. Probably won't be finished until June time anyway still a fair bit to go on the project 

When the pubs open I’d wager there will be a load up for grabs 2nd hand.

Dennis Reynolds

Just finished off a keg of Dark arts. Not really something I usually go for but thought I would give it a try as I had read it was quite like Guinness. Didn't really think that myself but it was fine. Wouldn't get a keg of it again but would drink it if it was at the pub or I had a few bottles kicking about. Jupiler going in tonight.

Dean Winchester

Jupiler is still my favourite. Desperate to get Spaten and Lowenbrau but they've been out of stock a fair bit whenever I've been going for a restock.

8 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Jupiler is still my favourite. Desperate to get Spaten and Lowenbrau but they've been out of stock a fair bit whenever I've been going for a restock.

I got 3 Jupiler last week due to the 20% discount codes. 👍

Spaten and Lowenbrau are decent but I think I'll wait till the Oktoberfest versions come out before going for them.

Cairneyhill Jambo
23 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Totally agree.  Jupiter is by far the best lager for the PD machine.

Currently half way though a keg of Tiny Rebel Cali pale ale and its amazing.  Will be really nice on a hot summers day, if we get a summer this year. 

34 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Lowenbrau Is the best for me just ahead of Juliper. 

Edited by Dazo

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez
10 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Totally agree.  Jupiter is by far the best lager for the PD machine.

Currently half way though a keg of Tiny Rebel Cali pale ale and its amazing.  Will be really nice on a hot summers day, if we get a summer this year. 

got Tiny Rebel Cali Pale in mine now and it’s the best keg I’ve had in there yet.

Jupiler also good, had a couple of them in the past. 

4 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

Spaten and Lowenbrau are both very good but Jupiler and Stella win it for me. Unreal.

Tried Diekirch last week. Was actually really nice.

gashauskis9

Bought myself the DIY Pinter machine.  First batch of Four Saisons IPA is fermenting away nicely and should be ready for tapping next weekend 😁.

I decided against paying £400 for something to keep supermarket beer cold.  

32 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Bought myself the DIY Pinter machine.  First batch of Four Saisons IPA is fermenting away nicely and should be ready for tapping next weekend 😁.

I've heard when you make it it's not the ABV that's stated, I don't fancy drinking pish water!

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

Why would you buy 2 machines? Surely just the one machine is needed for supermarket beer? 

gashauskis9
2 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Why would you buy 2 machines? Surely just the one machine is needed for supermarket beer? 

I didn’t buy two machines

32 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

I didn’t buy two machines

Think he was pointing  out it isnt £400 for a machine.

Nor does the machine dispense  bog standard  UK supermarket beers.

Vast majority are brewed in mainland  europe ,premium  beers .

Nothing brewed under license in the UK.

That said,the pinter looks interesting.

Dont think i have  the patience though..prefer the lock n load  approach 👍