Draft beer machines @ home

graygo

Dean Winchester
6 minutes ago, Tott said:

Think he was pointing  out it isnt £400 for a machine.

Nor does the machine dispense  bog standard  UK supermarket beers.

Vast majority are brewed in mainland  europe ,premium  beers .

Nothing brewed under license in the UK.

That said,the pinter looks interesting.

Dont think i have  the patience though..prefer the lock n load  approach 👍 

The Blade is £400 though

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Sooperstar

• Tott

• muldoon74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do The Dance
5 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Bought myself the DIY Pinter machine.  First batch of Four Saisons IPA is fermenting away nicely and should be ready for tapping next weekend 😁.

I decided against paying £400 for something to keep supermarket beer cold.  

Good luck and hope it goes well, alot of mixed reviews on it. Let us know.

5 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

The Blade is £400 though

Forgot about the blade 😷

Inbev v Heineken

40 odd beers v 7 or 8 

Nearly £150 quid less a machine ..Perfecr Draught wins for me .

Mainly  down to wide range of beers available.

gashauskis9
38 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

Good luck and hope it goes well, alot of mixed reviews on it. Let us know.

Will do chief.  Thought he would be quite fidgety, but it was really easy to set up.

On 20/04/2021 at 17:52, gashauskis9 said:

Bought myself the DIY Pinter machine.  First batch of Four Saisons IPA is fermenting away nicely and should be ready for tapping next weekend 😁.

I decided against paying £400 for something to keep supermarket beer cold.  

I've had a pinter for 5 months now. I'm currently brewing my 7th batch. 3 of my previous efforts resulted in beer pouring out the carbonation dial after tapping. I eventually contacted the greater good and they asked me to email a video. They then sent me a new pinter as they reckoned the dial was faulty. I love the concept of the pinter and, at £12.50 for 10 pints (if you join the monthly  club) it's a good bit cheaper than perfect draft. Negatives I found though is it isn't as convenient as PD and can be a bit messy, especially when removing the Dock after the 4 day brewing stage to then put in the fridge. I usually take it outside to remove it in the garden now. The other draw back for me is it only stays fresh for 3 or 4 days once you start tapping. I usually have it ready for a weekend when I know I'm going to be able to drink the lot over 2 or  days. Positives are cost, great concept, really not hard to brew and the choice and freshness is great. I've just got a perfect draft and thsts great for literally sticking a glass under and pouring a fresh beer in seconds but I'm hoping my Pinter issues are now resolved now I have a new machine. Also, watch where you leave it as temperature consistency really is key. I was leaving it in my utility room in winter but customer service said the variance in temperatures can really affect pressure and outcome of the beer. I leave it in the spare room at room temp for 1st 5 days then stick it in my beer fridge for 3 or 4 to give it a bit longer 

gashauskis9
8 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

I've had a pinter for 5 months now. I'm currently brewing my 7th batch. 3 of my previous efforts resulted in beer pouring out the carbonation dial after tapping. I eventually contacted the greater good and they asked me to email a video. They then sent me a new pinter as they reckoned the dial was faulty. I love the concept of the pinter and, at £12.50 for 10 pints (if you join the monthly  club) it's a good bit cheaper than perfect draft. Negatives I found though is it isn't as convenient as PD and can be a bit messy, especially when removing the Dock after the 4 day brewing stage to then put in the fridge. I usually take it outside to remove it in the garden now. The other draw back for me is it only stays fresh for 3 or 4 days once you start tapping. I usually have it ready for a weekend when I know I'm going to be able to drink the lot over 2 or  days. Positives are cost, great concept, really not hard to brew and the choice and freshness is great. I've just got a perfect draft and thsts great for literally sticking a glass under and pouring a fresh beer in seconds but I'm hoping my Pinter issues are now resolved now I have a new machine. Also, watch where you leave it as temperature consistency really is key. I was leaving it in my utility room in winter but customer service said the variance in temperatures can really affect pressure and outcome of the beer. I leave it in the spare room at room temp for 1st 5 days then stick it in my beer fridge for 3 or 4 to give it a bit longer 

Awesome.  Thanks for the tips chief.  I brewed my first batch on Monday and it’s sitting untouched in my storage cupboard.  It’s going in the fridge on Sat ahead of a garden blow out next Sat 😁

2 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Awesome.  Thanks for the tips chief.  I brewed my first batch on Monday and it’s sitting untouched in my storage cupboard.  It’s going in the fridge on Sat ahead of a garden blow out next Sat 😁

No worries mate. If I can ever be of any help just ask or PM me. I don't have Facebook but apparently there's a page that's quite good for tips too. I think you'll be sorted by the fact you are giving it practically 2 weeks from start to finish. One thing I will say is when putting the yeast in try not to use really cold water as it can shock it. Because my cold tap was even colder through the winter I ended up with a really carbonated tasting IPA (think soda stream fizzy water!) one time. I phoned them and thats what they reckoned the cause of it was. Since then I've taken to filling up with almost luke warm water for that stage. Another thing I read was the day before you plan to drink it, take it out the fridge and slow turn from carbonated to off just to let some air out. Put back in fridge for 24hrs and should have less pressure in the pinter for drinking next day. I haven't tried that yet but will do it tomorrow ready for drinking Saturday. Will let you know how that goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up step daughters dog coz were dog sitting for a couple of days..

Stole a half pint of jupiler from her pd machine. 

Lovely, lovely, lovely *** jubbly.. 😊😊

Although I think 3° is actually a bit too cold.. Its served at 4 or even 5 in Belgian pubs (was when I was there anyway).. 

4 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Just picked up step daughters dog coz were dog sitting for a couple of days..

Stole a half pint of jupiler from her pd machine. 

Lovely, lovely, lovely *** jubbly.. 😊😊

Although I think 3° is actually a bit too cold.. Its served at 4 or even 5 in Belgian pubs (was when I was there anyway).. 

Same with some of the IPA's, I think they will have an adjustable temperature control on them in the near future.

1 hour ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Same with some of the IPA's, I think they will have an adjustable temperature control on them in the near future.

I thought they did.. That's just knocked 50 quid off thr price I'm willing to pay for a 2nd hander when they flood the market when pubs are back to normal! 😂

Dean Winchester
20 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

I thought they did.. That's just knocked 50 quid off thr price I'm willing to pay for a 2nd hander when they flood the market when pubs are back to normal! 😂

Nah it's always 3 degrees for the models out so far.

Been a few weeks now.

So how did the boys who bought the pinter brew 's turnout?

what did you have in the pinter?

Worth buying?

On 12/05/2021 at 17:46, muldoon74 said:

I understand the thinking behind this, but I’m just not buying it. 

The price of coffee machines has remained constant despite an increase in coffee shops, and I don’t see a mad rush to sell 2nd hand ones, now that Costa has opened back up

10 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

The price of coffee machines has remained constant despite an increase in coffee shops, and I don’t see a mad rush to sell 2nd hand ones, now that Costa has opened back up

Fair point well made. 

However, I dont want a PD machine that badly that if prices dont fall to a certain degree that I'll be crying into my corn flakes. 

To me its a grown mans toy,.. the stuff I have tasted so far is  not significantly better (as in worth the price) than generally more exotic beers and lagers in the supermarket. 

I wanted one for my spare room bar (when my step son eventually moves the **** out!) but the fridge will suffice for now. 

Cairneyhill Jambo
1 hour ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Got a Goose IPA loaded for tomorrow, first time trying a non-lager.

Goose IPA is really good. The Tiny Rebel Cali pale ale is fantastic. The best one IMHO for the PD. 

9 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Fair point well made. 

However, I dont want a PD machine that badly that if prices dont fall to a certain degree that I'll be crying into my corn flakes. 

To me its a grown mans toy,.. the stuff I have tasted so far is  not significantly better (as in worth the price) than generally more exotic beers and lagers in the supermarket. 

I wanted one for my spare room bar (when my step son eventually moves the **** out!) but the fridge will suffice for now. 

Fingers crossed your step son gets a move on!!

11 hours ago, jambo89 said:

You don't have to piss around with delivery of kegs with a coffee machine

6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You don't have to piss around with delivery of kegs with a coffee machine

also lots of people drink coffee to start their days

2 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Fingers crossed your step son gets a move on!!

Private lets being snapped up almost as soon as on market in livi... He is trying, I'll give him that! 😂🍻

Rick James
On 12/05/2021 at 16:30, Awbdy Oot said:

Genuinely thought that the buttons on the front were for that when I got the machine. :lol:

Was very disappointed when it just changed the days.

A robust centre forward

I bought a PD a couple of weeks ago and thinking of pimping it with a Hearts FC vinyl wrap.

There appears to be plenty of suppliers online willing to do this and prices do vary. Some designs appear to show maroon in different shades. I know a couple of people have posted their designs previously on this thread.

Can anyone please update with who they would recommend to contact and post their custom designs. Cheers in advance.

If you've been thinking of pulling the trigger on the Pinter but have hesitated, today is the last day they're selling at their intro price of £75. Going up to £85.

They're also doing an "invite only" beer this month, so I hope the mods don't mind me pasting in this link to allow both you and me to get a press of it if you buy a Pinter. So if I'm understanding right, you'll get the Pinter and two fresh presses like normal (20 pints), and then the bonus "Guestlist" press (10 pints), for £75. £2.50 a pint to start which is already decent, and then from there it's £1.20-£1.30 a pint or so, as each fresh press is £12-13 or thereabouts.

Not found a better deal anywhere since I first came over.

On 16/05/2021 at 00:07, Tott said:

Been a few weeks now.

So how did the boys who bought the pinter brew 's turnout?

what did you have in the pinter?

Worth buying?

I've got a perfect draft and a pinter. I pay the £12 a month for 10 pints fresh press for my pinter and buy kegs for my PD as and when required. PD is way more convenient than the Pinter but also about 3x the price for a pint. So far in my pinter I've tried all the pale ales and the dark stout. The stout was really good, could taste the chocolate through it and out of all the pale ales, I prefer Upland Social the best. Its nigh on impossible to get the pinter off the brewing dock without a mini pressure explosion so for thst reason I always do it outside. Also, I find when I start to tap the beer for the 1st time, it almost always leaks slightly in the off position. This stops quite quickly but it is annoying (and a bit messy). You've also got the faff of lifting it in and out the fridge every time you want to fill your glass.  So to sum up, for me the pinter is a good, fresh and cheap version of homebred without much effort in brewing (and ready within 7-10 days). Perfect draft is basically draft quality in your home but at practically pub prices. PD kegs stay fresh up to 30 days, Pinter about a week tops.  I tend to get the pinter out and get a mate round to drink it with me in the one go. The PD I share with nobody😂😂

54 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

I've got a perfect draft and a pinter. I pay the £12 a month for 10 pints fresh press for my pinter and buy kegs for my PD as and when required. PD is way more convenient than the Pinter but also about 3x the price for a pint. So far in my pinter I've tried all the pale ales and the dark stout. The stout was really good, could taste the chocolate through it and out of all the pale ales, I prefer Upland Social the best. Its nigh on impossible to get the pinter off the brewing dock without a mini pressure explosion so for thst reason I always do it outside. Also, I find when I start to tap the beer for the 1st time, it almost always leaks slightly in the off position. This stops quite quickly but it is annoying (and a bit messy). You've also got the faff of lifting it in and out the fridge every time you want to fill your glass.  So to sum up, for me the pinter is a good, fresh and cheap version of homebred without much effort in brewing (and ready within 7-10 days). Perfect draft is basically draft quality in your home but at practically pub prices. PD kegs stay fresh up to 30 days, Pinter about a week tops.  I tend to get the pinter out and get a mate round to drink it with me in the one go. The PD I share with nobody😂😂

No it isn't. Stella for instance works out at £1.87 per pint after discounts and keg returns are taken into account.

Discount price £25.93

Keg return £5

Beer tokens £1.30

Nett cost £19.63 for 10.5 pints = £1.87

15 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

No it isn't. Stella for instance works out at £1.87 per pint after discounts and keg returns are taken into account.

Discount price £25.93

Keg return £5

Beer tokens £1.30

Nett cost £19.63 for 10.5 pints = £1.87

Depends what you drink. I just bought 3 kegs, 2 at £39 and 1 at £35. With the 15% discount code i got charged £96. I don't have 3 empties to return for another £15 off but even if I did that would take cost down to £81 spend. 5p beer token per pound spent means I get £4.80 in beer tokens which would reduce total cost to £76.20. 10.5 pints per keg, total pints 31.5 so best case scenario my pints are going to average at £2.42 each. OK, I stand corrected at the 3x cost of the pinter pints but it is still double and that is only if you have 3 empty kegs to return to get your £15 credited.  

Do The Dance
8 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

Depends what you drink. I just bought 3 kegs, 2 at £39 and 1 at £35. With the 15% discount code i got charged £96. I don't have 3 empties to return for another £15 off but even if I did that would take cost down to £81 spend. 5p beer token per pound spent means I get £4.80 in beer tokens which would reduce total cost to £76.20. 10.5 pints per keg, total pints 31.5 so best case scenario my pints are going to average at £2.42 each. OK, I stand corrected at the 3x cost of the pinter pints but it is still double and that is only if you have 3 empty kegs to return to get your £15 credited.  

It does depend what you drink, but then some of the stuff at the £38/£39 mark is at least £1.80 a 330ml can in the supermarket. Goose IPA or Jaipur for instance are £1.80-£2 a can, so the PD works out cheaper, and it's better.

Do The Dance

For a lager, I've decided to stick to cans or bottles, as you can get them a good bit cheaper in supermarket.

11 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

39 of their beers work out less than your average mate. 24 of them are £2.04 or less.

It's a bit unfair to pick some of the most expensive beers available to compare with what is effectively home brew.

3 hours ago, Do The Dance said:

It does depend what you drink, but then some of the stuff at the £38/£39 mark is at least £1.80 a 330ml can in the supermarket. Goose IPA or Jaipur for instance are £1.80-£2 a can, so the PD works out cheaper, and it's better.

Yeah wouldn't disagree on that. I'm more an IPA drinker which tends to be more expensive in cans than lager. Really enjoyed goose on the PD. Just ordered the new keg, la debauche aswell as tiny rebel club tropica and another goose. Goose isn't too bad....usually 4 cans for £4.50 but you're right....much better on draft

1 minute ago, Awbdy Oot said:

39 of their beers work out less than your average mate. 24 of them are £2.04 or less.

It's a bit unfair to pick some of the most expensive beers available to compare with what is effectively home brew.

I get what you're saying mate. I only used what I bought as an example. As I prefer IPA it tends to work out a bit more than the lagers. Won't disagree though that it's still cheaper than the pub so I get pub quality pints and I can watch and listen to sport without being interrupted 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, hmfcbilly said:

Yeah wouldn't disagree on that. I'm more an IPA drinker which tends to be more expensive in cans than lager. Really enjoyed goose on the PD. Just ordered the new keg, la debauche aswell as tiny rebel club tropica and another goose. Goose isn't too bad....usually 4 cans for £4.50 but you're right....much better on draft

I take it you're in the Facebook group if you're getting the 15% discount, if you are go to "files" you'll find a spreadsheet showing the price per pint for all the beers.

Just now, hmfcbilly said:

I get what you're saying mate. I only used what I bought as an example. As I prefer IPA it tends to work out a bit more than the lagers. Won't disagree though that it's still cheaper than the pub so I get pub quality pints and I can watch and listen to sport without being interrupted 😂😂😂

Amen to that. 👍

32 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

I take it you're in the Facebook group if you're getting the 15% discount, if you are go to "files" you'll find a spreadsheet showing the price per pint for all the beers.

I don't have Facebook mate but I usually just Google perfect draft discount and find the code via that.  My wife has Facebook though so might get her to join the group to keep me updated on any news or offers. Cheers for that 👍

Fxxx the SPFL

my brother has a PD and he just bought a 6l Keg of Jupilea 5.2% Belgian pale lager had a quick taste not bad and i'm a voddie man.

Anyone got the Krups Beer tender, takes 5l kegs?..  Doesn't seem to be as large a range available for the Krups. 

Krups (heineken) seems to me to be the betamax  to the PD (inbev) VHS... 

• 5 weeks later...
Dean Winchester

Anyone know if Gothenburg is still selling kegs or anywhere else in West Lothian?

Yodel have fecked up my order again so my beer for the football tonight has been sitting in Southampton for the last 3 nights 😡

9 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Anyone know if Gothenburg is still selling kegs or anywhere else in West Lothian?

Yodel have fecked up my order again so my beer for the football tonight has been sitting in Southampton for the last 3 nights 😡

Sorry I can't answer your question but that's standard yodel it seems. Have bother with pretty much every delivery they send to me (I'm near galashiels). Not the poor delivery drivers fault....he doesn't leave livingston until 12pm each day and is out until 10pm! Not helped by the fact yodel expect him to cover Innerleithen, Walkerburn and the surrounding farms and villages between them before he hits parts of Galashiels!

14 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

The Gothenburg doesn't sell them anymore...the guy has moved on....but he now has a small place just selling kegs

Called Keg Mart......based in Whitburn...google it up

He takes as many empties as you want to give him but he is cash only at the moment....so remember to take cash..!

Polkemmet Business Centre, Dixon Terrace, Whitburn EH47 0LH

8 minutes ago, moz said:

The Gothenburg doesn't sell them anymore...the guy has moved on....but he now has a small place just selling kegs

He takes as many empties as you want to give him but he is cash only at the moment....so remember to take cash..!

Cheers good info to know in case of emergencies. The amount of empties in my garage is getting embarrassing. 

Dean Winchester
11 minutes ago, moz said:

Thanks. Looks like they're out of stock on most lagers though based on their FB page. Will take a drive down at lunch :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Dean Winchester said:

Thanks. Looks like they're out of stock on most lagers though based on their FB page. Will take a drive down at lunch :thumbsup:

Cool....I only have one spare I could offer you but its a Leffe Noel...not everyone favourite but I love it....

On another note, not sure if anyone here has ordered from Bier & Wein in Germany?......I got 4 kegs sent over for a grand total of £69

It was short dated Becks right enough, again not everyone favourite but I like it on the PD

https://bier-wein.de/Perfect-Draft-ENG

Getting ready to order more now....

On 18/05/2021 at 10:22, hmfcbilly said:

You should try the Thornbridge Jaipur IPA on the PD, absolutely lovely stuff.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, moz said:

Cool....I only have one spare I could offer you but its a Leffe Noel...not everyone favourite but I love it....

On another note, not sure if anyone here has ordered from Bier & Wein in Germany?......I got 4 kegs sent over for a grand total of £69

It was short dated Becks right enough, again not everyone favourite but I like it on the PD

https://bier-wein.de/Perfect-Draft-ENG

Getting ready to order more now....

Becks is :pinilla: on the PD.

4 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Think I will next order mate as I like the cans👍

Do The Dance
11 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Got that in now, very nice.

Just got a keg of Lowenbrau for £27.99 next day delivery from beer shark with code EURO2021, and it did arrive next day with dpd. I don’t usually buy lagers, but that price was decent.

Edited by Do The Dance

Do The Dance
Just now, Do The Dance said:

Got that in now, very nice.

Just got a keg of Lowenbrau for £27.99 next day delivery from beer shark with code EURO2021, and it did arrive next day with dpd. I don’t usually buy lagers, but that price was decent.

And yes, beer shark, not hawk.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Has anyone had a problem with getting a keg down to temperature?

I’ve had one in for over 24hours now and it’s still only 8 degrees. 

Dean Winchester
1 hour ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

A few times. Usually ice build up on the plate.

2 hours ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

The fan at the back needs cleaning, hoover it out as best you can.