Draft beer machines @ home

graygo

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez
1 hour ago, Dean Winchester said:

A few times. Usually ice build up on the plate.

think this was it. Hadn’t noticed the ice build up between the plate and the back of the unit. 
Fingers crossed it’s ok now. Had to resort to the emergency cans for the game last night!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Sooperstar

• Tott

• muldoon74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Walter Payton

I've just bought a Perfect Draft and I'm waiting patiently for our garden room to be finished next week before setting it up (I've not bought any kegs yet).

I'm going to buy a bar fridge for the garden room to stick the kegs in, but can anyone help with the dimensions of the actual kegs? Before I order the fridge I want to make sure they'll actually fit in!

Governor Tarkin

Got a couple of kegs of Goose IPA from the shop in Wallyford yesterday, banged them in the freezer for a couple of hours, then polished one of them off last night.

I keep the glasses in the garden beer fridge too. Fantastic.

Second keg sitting at 2 degrees as we speak, and will be getting bashed into shortly.

14 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Got a couple of kegs of Goose IPA from the shop in Wallyford yesterday, banged them in the freezer for a couple of hours, then polished one of them off last night.

I keep the glasses in the garden beer fridge too. Fantastic.

Second keg sitting at 2 degrees as we speak, and will be getting bashed into shortly.

Might nip down today, did they have plenty? (Not that I need plenty)

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Might nip down today, did they have plenty? (Not that I need plenty)

Low on lagers/pilsners. A few goose left on the shelves. Loads of hoegaarden though, which is sublime on draft.

Just nip down anyway. You know it makes sense.

Cairneyhill Jambo
3 hours ago, Walter Payton said:

I've just bought a Perfect Draft and I'm waiting patiently for our garden room to be finished next week before setting it up (I've not bought any kegs yet).

I'm going to buy a bar fridge for the garden room to stick the kegs in, but can anyone help with the dimensions of the actual kegs? Before I order the fridge I want to make sure they'll actually fit in!

The kegs are roughly 11 inches tall and 8 inches wide. 

8 hours ago, Walter Payton said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FY2HTTY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_RQJ92GTM7N26GXENESXN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&fbclid=IwAR0OUvY3XWmDNmgbxaWjV4Ei03Zdjqpc5xAx8WBA8peULp_HlLwd8jf3TVA

Subcold seems to fit just about perfectly when looking on the fb groups

Do The Dance

https://www.studio.co.uk/shop/electricals/large-kitchen-appliances/electricals-kitchen-fridge-freezers/egl-85-litre-under-counter-drinks-chiller-p-71455167--1

I bought this. Can hold a couple of kegs and then a load of cans/bottles at same time. Could probably adjust the shelves to hold at least 4 kegs. My PD sits on top of it.

Shanks said no

Was going to try staying away from the machine tonight as I have been hammering it for a couple of weeks now and can feel a gout flare up brewing.

Going 1 nil down was enough for me, there was a Lisa keg sitting at 3 degrees, full, in the machine. The seal has been broken and the Colchicine is ready.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Just wondering if those that have these beer 🍻 machines at home put on a lot of weight due to the ease of a pint anytime? Do you drink more now or is it just in place of a few bottles of beer in the fridge for whenever? 

I would love to get one but just don't trust myself to be disciplined with it 

4 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Just wondering if those that have these beer 🍻 machines at home put on a lot of weight due to the ease of a pint anytime? Do you drink more now or is it just in place of a few bottles of beer in the fridge for whenever? 

Yeah I’ve put weight on. They’re absolutely lethal tbh. The best thing I’ve ever bought…and the worst. 

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah I’ve put weight on. They’re absolutely lethal tbh. The best thing I’ve ever bought…and the worst. 

This.

Howdy Doody Jambo
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I better not bother going there then will just stick with my 6 pack 

48 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

I better not bother going there then will just stick with my 6 pack 

I had a slight beer belly to start of with. I now have a huge one. All the fat is on my belly, nowhere else. Look pregnant

Howdy Doody Jambo
53 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I had a slight beer belly to start of with. I now have a huge one. All the fat is on my belly, nowhere else. Look pregnant

Congratulations 😂 that will be the Heavy 80/- 

10 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

If you're not disciplined my advice would be to stay away mate 😂😂 I was off work up until 2 months ago due to the pandemic and it was just too easy to pour a beer with it being there. I wouldn't open a can or bottle for the sake of it but the PD machine was too tempting. Could partly be due to novelty factor.  I'm back at work now and work shifts. Dont tend to drink unless on my days off so PD still works for me. Can see how folk would get carried away though. To me, it's similar to when you bulk buy crisps or sweets with the view ita cheaper. It's not as you ultimately end up eating more 😂😂

8 hours ago, GinRummy said:

6 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

This.

Agree...previous to machine I was a fat ******* , now just a fatter *******

Best and worst thing, too easy to have a few with dinner on Thursday night, then Friday...usual amounts at the weekend, then start with a few at dinner on Monday again....before you know it its every feckin night....especially in lockdown when there was nowhere to go..! 

7 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

A wee heads up that Tennents is back in stock just now if anyone wants it.

limit of 2 per customer on beerhawk

Governor Tarkin
27 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

A wee heads up that Tennents is back in stock just now if anyone wants it.

19 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

limit of 2 per customer on beerhawk

Mrs T and I both have accounts, so that's 4 kegs of cooking lager to keep the riff-raff happy during barbie season.

You get Amstel lager for a Sub and it’s 5.0% yet for the blade its 4.1%.  Why on earth would Heineken do that to blade owners. I really like Amstel but not at 4.1%.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there are other kegs that fit in the Perfect Draft?

Also, I can't find any discount codes on the fb page. My machine is empty and I neeed more beer lol! 

Cairneyhill Jambo
1 hour ago, cuthy2k said:

Does anyone know if there are other kegs that fit in the Perfect Draft?

Also, I can't find any discount codes on the fb page. My machine is empty and I neeed more beer lol! 

Think only the perfect draft/beerhawk ones fit. The code is 15PDKT    15% off when you buy multiples of 3 kegs. 

1 hour ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Think only the perfect draft/beerhawk ones fit. The code is 15PDKT    15% off when you buy multiples of 3 kegs. 

Top man, thank you! Order placed in time for the weekend :) 

Haven't been able to get my hand on a Spaten yet. Thought Jupiler with decent though as was lowenbrau. Not sure what to try next but thinking it may be a Clwb Tropicana. 

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Tott said:

Not a fan of it,but for those that are.

Tennents is back in stock at 4.00 pm today

I'm not a huge fan of Tennent's either, but I made short work of the 4 kegs I had delivered the other week.

9 hours ago, Tott said:

Not a fan of it,but for those that are.

Tennents is back in stock at 4.00 pm today

Drinkable but Spaten, lowenbrau and stella all better imo. 

Edited by Dazo

Dean Winchester
6 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Haven't been able to get my hand on a Spaten yet. Thought Jupiler with decent though as was lowenbrau. Not sure what to try next but thinking it may be a Clwb Tropicana. 

I have tried the bottle which was excellent so I'm looking forward to getting a keg but everytime I've been ready for another order it has been out of stock. Jupiler/Lowenbrau/Stella are the go tos in the meantime.

14 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

I have tried the bottle which was excellent so I'm looking forward to getting a keg but everytime I've been ready for another order it has been out of stock. Jupiler/Lowenbrau/Stella are the go tos in the meantime.

Stella gives me a banging headache on the PD,its lovely but ffs extremely drinkable.have tried ..just have a couple,but near impossible 🙂

Jupiler/Lowenbrau and the fantastic Hertog Jan are my regulars.

17 hours ago, jambo89 said:

I've had the club tropicana. Found it really refreshing, especially this time of year. Not so sure I'd enjoy in the winter months. My latest order turned up yesterday.... 1x Spaten, 1x dark arts stout and 1x Cali pale ale. Got the dark arts on just now and it's nice for a change. For me, best I've had so far is Goose IPA and Goose Midway. 

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

I've had the club tropicana. Found it really refreshing, especially this time of year. Not so sure I'd enjoy in the winter months. My latest order turned up yesterday.... 1x Spaten, 1x dark arts stout and 1x Cali pale ale. Got the dark arts on just now and it's nice for a change. For me, best I've had so far is Goose IPA and Goose Midway. 

Goose Midway is my favourite. It's such a refreshing session beer. The 10th pint hits all the same flavour receptors as the first.

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

im sure there are posts about it on this thread

I’ll have a wee browse then👍🏼

7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Anybody got this one?

https://thegreatergood.co.uk
Any good?

I've got it JD. I've had it 8 months, brewed about 7 different batches and my honest opinion is the perfect draft machine is streets ahead. I loved the concept of the pinter and the company really believe in it and are very supportive customer service wise. For me though, it's ultimately not worth the hassle. It's easy enough to make but you really need to get temperatures right. For example, water too cold it can shock the yeast. Also, the pinter itself has times where ale leaks out the valve at the back and if you do get it right you need to drink it in about 5 days. A perfect draft keg lasts 30 days.perfect draft is expensive to start with but, if you buy kegs through beer hawk 3 at a time there is a 15% discount voucher found easily online. Your first 3 kegs are the dearest, once you have empties to send back (which is free to do) you get a fiver back for each keg plus 5p or something for every pound you spend. I just bought a spaten lager, dark arts stout and cali pale ale. Shouldve been £109.70 but once my 15% discount was deducted then £15 for 3 empties plus another £4.75 on beer tokens for previous purchase, I paid a total of £73.49 for 31.5 pints of draught lager/ale or £2.33 on average. The pinter is £1.20 a pint but I'd rather pay the extra £30 for 30 pints and save a lot of hassle. Perfect draft keg is a quick change of plastic valve with rubber tube then slide onto machine and close.

8 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Goose Midway is my favourite. It's such a refreshing session beer. The 10th pint hits all the same flavour receptors as the first.

Yeah mate, I agree. I actually prefer midway to standard goose. Just picked up a load of 4 packs in asda where they were selling them for £3 each!!

On 16/07/2021 at 14:38, jambo89 said:

If you still looking  Spaten is now back in stock over on Beerhawk.

jack D and coke
On 17/07/2021 at 19:53, hmfcbilly said:

I've got it JD. I've had it 8 months, brewed about 7 different batches and my honest opinion is the perfect draft machine is streets ahead. I loved the concept of the pinter and the company really believe in it and are very supportive customer service wise. For me though, it's ultimately not worth the hassle. It's easy enough to make but you really need to get temperatures right. For example, water too cold it can shock the yeast. Also, the pinter itself has times where ale leaks out the valve at the back and if you do get it right you need to drink it in about 5 days. A perfect draft keg lasts 30 days.perfect draft is expensive to start with but, if you buy kegs through beer hawk 3 at a time there is a 15% discount voucher found easily online. Your first 3 kegs are the dearest, once you have empties to send back (which is free to do) you get a fiver back for each keg plus 5p or something for every pound you spend. I just bought a spaten lager, dark arts stout and cali pale ale. Shouldve been £109.70 but once my 15% discount was deducted then £15 for 3 empties plus another £4.75 on beer tokens for previous purchase, I paid a total of £73.49 for 31.5 pints of draught lager/ale or £2.33 on average. The pinter is £1.20 a pint but I'd rather pay the extra £30 for 30 pints and save a lot of hassle. Perfect draft keg is a quick change of plastic valve with rubber tube then slide onto machine and close.

Aye pretty much what I thought. A couple of mates have the Perfect Draft but like I said to you I’ve held off buying one cos I’m afraid I’d be even worse for peeve than I am already :lol: 

On the hot days I’d be thinking about it at work and first thing when I’m in the door I’d knocking back the golden delicious 😋

Its defo a danger zone for me. 

10 hours ago, Tott said:

If you still looking  Spaten is now back in stock over on Beerhawk.

Top man!! Thanks for the heads up. Just got a Spaten, Tennents (not tried it yet) and a pineapple express. 

luckyBatistuta
On 18/07/2021 at 23:40, jack D and coke said:

Aye pretty much what I thought. A couple of mates have the Perfect Draft but like I said to you I’ve held off buying one cos I’m afraid I’d be even worse for peeve than I am already :lol: 

On the hot days I’d be thinking about it at work and first thing when I’m in the door I’d knocking back the golden delicious 😋

Its defo a danger zone for me. 

Do it 😁😈

1F5CA1CC-3C5A-4B54-8388-826D0683E37B.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Oktoberfest  beers are in out in a few weeks time.

Didn't have the PD last time they came out...

Anybody get them last year?

Any noticeable difference from the normal beers?