Draft beer machines @ home

graygo

Just now, heartgarfunkel said:

Lovely - think I’ve tried all the Leffe’s now, bought the pint ‘goldfish bowl’ Leffe glass, looks as good as it tastes! 

yer not supposed to lick the glass or do you lick windaes?

:peepwall:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Sooperstar

• Tott

• muldoon74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heartgarfunkel
18 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

yer not supposed to lick the glass or do you lick windaes?

:peepwall:

😂 I see what you did there! 👍🏼

2 hours ago, heartgarfunkel said:

It’s great - spoke to a boy at Beerhawk a while back. and although it says 5.0% on the website and beer label, it’s actually 5.2% straight from the Belgian brewery. Unbelievably smooth and skullable and so much better than the UK brewed piss.

% proof I believe is always a minimum. Stella is lovely on the PD.

3 hours ago, heartgarfunkel said:

Got both the PD and the Sub. Love them. Tripel Karmelite, Kwak and Leffe Rituel all to be given serious respect on the PD.  Looking forward to trying the Tennents when it’s back in stock, cask conditioned ale always my first love but not a beer snob. 

Love the Stella on the PD - brewed in Leuven, takes me back to draught Stella in Belgium in my youth. 

Agree with previous comments about  prices dropping once the boozers re-open, but would definitely recommend getting a PD machine - can’t imagine anyone regretting it

Only issue with it is that because it pours such a great pint on draft you end up drinking far too much. Pints with dinner on a Monday night etc 🤣

heartgarfunkel
39 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Only issue with it is that because it pours such a great pint on draft you end up drinking far too much. Pints with dinner on a Monday night etc 🤣

It’s lethal mate - ‘I’ll just have a couple of pints’ and before you know it 10 hours have passed and you’re playing  ‘last bar roulette’ struggling to stand as you wonder how many more you’ll get out the keg 😂

Edited by heartgarfunkel

thehibsareintheirbeds
54 minutes ago, graygo said:

Machines back in stock at Beerhawk on Monday @ 2pm. 👍

Can't believe I've not got myself one before now- sounds amazing. Been searching for one earlier today without much success- Monday it is. Thanks for the heads up 

I got 3 kegs of Tennents delivered yesterday, had to try it rather than slag it off without giving it a chance.

Verdict - it's decent as an easy drinking lager, only 4% so not going to do much damage. Obviously there's better beers available on the PD but it's cold and refreshing which is sometimes exactly what I'm looking for.

5 hours ago, heartgarfunkel said:

It’s great - spoke to a boy at Beerhawk a while back. and although it says 5.0% on the website and beer label, it’s actually 5.2% straight from the Belgian brewery. Unbelievably smooth and skullable and so much better than the UK brewed piss.

I would love to sit and have a proper pint of it in a bar in Belgium. Got into drinking Stella a lot more the last few years here but imagine it doesn't compare. Think they've just reduced the UK version to 4.6% too. The Riverside round the corner from me sells the 4% stuff. ****ing horrible.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

I would love to sit and have a proper pint of it in a bar in Belgium. Got into drinking Stella a lot more the last few years here but imagine it doesn't compare. Think they've just reduced the UK version to 4.6% too. The Riverside round the corner from me sells the 4% stuff. ****ing horrible.

Never been a Stella fan, so ordered the Jupiler instead, also coming with the stout. Might give the Stella a go in the future. A cider would probably go down well for the summer on PD. 

20 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Never been a Stella fan, so ordered the Jupiler instead, also coming with the stout. Might give the Stella a go in the future. A cider would probably go down well for the summer on PD. 

Jupiler is indeed gorgeous. Apparently they are working on a cider coming. There's a few fruity beers on it, particularly the Hoegaarden Rose. Haven't tried it though.

Cairneyhill Jambo
34 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

13 minutes ago, Locky said:

Jupiler is indeed gorgeous. Apparently they are working on a cider coming. There's a few fruity beers on it, particularly the Hoegaarden Rose. Haven't tried it though.

Jupiter is the best I've had so far, followed by Hertog and Lowenbrau. Stella is decent too. I've also had Jaipur which is not unlike Punk IPA. I got a keg of bud as part of the bundle but wasn't impressed with it. Apparently Corona is the same. I think a lot depends on the glass you use. It has to be nucleated. 

Tanned most of a keg of franziskaner last night, tremendous. there ain’t no hangover like a wheat beer hangover

Worst hangover I ever had was from that stuff in Munich  

10 hours ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Jupiter is the best I've had so far, followed by Hertog and Lowenbrau. Stella is decent too. I've also had Jaipur which is not unlike Punk IPA. I got a keg of bud as part of the bundle but wasn't impressed with it. Apparently Corona is the same. I think a lot depends on the glass you use. It has to be nucleated. 

I got given a keg of Bud with my machine too. Was alright but wasn't expecting much from Bud. Haven't tried the PD Corona yet, but I'm not a fan of Corona at all. I can drink almost any beer but Corona is minging.

On 19/03/2021 at 18:30, graygo said:

bumping this post for people who want one

Strange as I signed up to their email 'Waiting list' and it said it would email the day before they are re-stocked and I've not heard anything yet! Keeping my eye on the website anyways. 

28 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Strange as I signed up to their email 'Waiting list' and it said it would email the day before they are re-stocked and I've not heard anything yet! Keeping my eye on the website anyways. 

A common complaint seemingly.

30 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

A common complaint seemingly.

i assueme they will only email some of those on the waiting list so that those who have been waiting longer have a better chance of getting one. 

thehibsareintheirbeds

Managed to get one...took ages though as kept crashing at checkout. 

thehibsareintheirbeds
15 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Nothing on their website yet. Will give it another 20 mins and sack it off

Bud and Stella bundles still showing on there for me.. Worth checking again 

7 minutes ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Same

Cairneyhill Jambo
22 hours ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

When I was waiting on mines getting delivered, I  went out and bought a keg and kept it at the back door so it was good to go when my machine got delivered, otherwise you have to wait about 10 hours on the keg chilling.

Or you could put the keg in the fridge if you have plenty of room.

Do The Dance

I honestly love the PD. Funnily enough on planning my 1st night out when the pubs reopen to an extent, I've said to folk we could head out for a couple and then head back to mine for the machine. I certainly plan to continue using this when we're all open up.

4 hours ago, kevmacd said:

Managed to order one today, any shops in Edinburgh area with stock of tennents kegs?

Nah, should be more available in a couple of weeks.

8 hours ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

When I was waiting on mines getting delivered, I  went out and bought a keg and kept it at the back door so it was good to go when my machine got delivered, otherwise you have to wait about 10 hours on the keg chilling.

Or you could put the keg in the fridge if you have plenty of room.

An hour or so in the freezer does the job too. 👍

17 hours ago, Do The Dance said:

I honestly love the PD. Funnily enough on planning my 1st night out when the pubs reopen to an extent, I've said to folk we could head out for a couple and then head back to mine for the machine. I certainly plan to continue using this when we're all open up.

Oh I will too. Thing is, I easily spend the price of a keg on assorted beers and cans if I go to Tesco so there's still definitely that benefit there for me. And I get a lovely pint too. 

thehibsareintheirbeds

Mine just arrived- exciting times. Not sure I've set up right though....seems on and keg in but display just changed to a green light after a few seconds. Can't seem to get it showing again to see the temperature. Anyone have any ideas what I've done wrong?

41 minutes ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Mine just arrived- exciting times. Not sure I've set up right though....seems on and keg in but display just changed to a green light after a few seconds. Can't seem to get it showing again to see the temperature. Anyone have any ideas what I've done wrong?

Try switching off the machine, untap it, and try again.

58 minutes ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

its stuffed, i'll take it off your hands and dispose  of it

Cairneyhill Jambo
36 minutes ago, allyby said:

Try switching off the machine, untap it, and try again.

Check to see if the tap is fitted to the keg properly.  It should make two clicks when you put it on. And make sure the tube hasn't got a kink in it.  

thehibsareintheirbeds

Thats it working, thanks all, think the tap had come a bit loose.  Looks pretty smart all set up and down to 5 degrees now- so that's my night sorted 👌

24 minutes ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Thats it working, thanks all, think the tap had come a bit loose.  Looks pretty smart all set up and down to 5 degrees now- so that's my night sorted 👌

What have you got in ii?

thehibsareintheirbeds
4 minutes ago, allyby said:

What have you got in ii?

Leffe blonde to start :greggy:

Got a bud with deal too though not a huge fan.

1 minute ago, Tott said:

Might need to get some Kwak in.

Help me get through saturday's game   😢

surely you would be kwakers to watch saturdays game

I've just pulled the trigger and ordered a Pinter.

Their beer of the month this month is a new Weissbier variety, called Weiss Nights, and I'm really looking forward to checking this thing out.

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

I've just pulled the trigger and ordered a Pinter.

Their beer of the month this month is a new Weissbier variety, called Weiss Nights, and I'm really looking forward to checking this thing out.

is that the one where you brew the beer in it then after a couple of days it is ready to drink?

7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

is that the one where you brew the beer in it then after a couple of days it is ready to drink?

That's right. Cheap as, as well—£12 for a fresh press that gives you ten (full size Imperial) pints.

You do need the space in your fridge though and the like, so there are drawbacks to weigh. We'll see how it goes.

31 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

That's right. Cheap as, as well—£12 for a fresh press that gives you ten (full size Imperial) pints.

You do need the space in your fridge though and the like, so there are drawbacks to weigh. We'll see how it goes.

i think the issue i would have is the lack of variety, unless you try one that you really like

9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i think the issue i would have is the lack of variety, unless you try one that you really like

I agree, but they seem to be releasing new fresh press packs all the time, and they've just come up with a way to push the ABV into the 6-7% range, so that'll also make it more flexible. I hope they go for something like a Belgian tripel or other Trappist-type beer with that capability.

With your initial order you get to pick two, so I grabbed the saison and stout. And then I ordered three (!) packs of the Weiss. I hope it's not utter shite :lol:  There are also several ales, a couple of lagers (one amber), a pilsner, ciders, and a few others. So we'll see what happens!

4 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I agree, but they seem to be releasing new fresh press packs all the time, and they've just come up with a way to push the ABV into the 6-7% range, so that'll also make it more flexible. I hope they go for something like a Belgian tripel or other Trappist-type beer with that capability.

With your initial order you get to pick two, so I grabbed the saison and stout. And then I ordered three (!) packs of the Weiss. I hope it's not utter shite :lol:  There are also several ales, a couple of lagers (one amber), a pilsner, ciders, and a few others. So we'll see what happens!

that sounds like a bigger selection than when i looked at some point last year

On 24/03/2021 at 18:58, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Leffe blonde to start :greggy:

Got a bud with deal too though not a huge fan.

Take it easy on that. There's something about that in kegs that just knocks you sideways. I usually get through a whole keg of whatever in one night but Leffe defeated me. I was tucked up in bed after 7 or 8 and ****ed the next day.

6 minutes ago, Locky said:

Take it easy on that. There's something about that in kegs that just knocks you sideways. I usually get through a whole keg of whatever in one night but Leffe defeated me. I was tucked up in bed after 7 or 8 and ****ed the next day.

probably due to it being 6.6% and you necking it like it is about to go out of date