Draft beer machines @ home

graygo

Dennis Reynolds
21 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Better yet, here's the page cached by Google before they took it down.

image.thumb.png.a2be967257e79921c61920c1165208cd.png

This seems to have been doing the rounds for a while now and I'm hoping it's true! Nearly onto my last keg so needing to do a re-order....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Sooperstar

• Tott

• muldoon74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aye they took it down not long after I posted the link. But I was able to go onto the website, search for Tennents and then there was the PD Keg for sale.

It is 100% Tennent's being launched today.

24 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Aye they took it down not long after I posted the link. But I was able to go onto the website, search for Tennents and then there was the PD Keg for sale.

It is 100% Tennent's being launched today.

Edit: Sorry, thought this was legit.

Screenshot_20210315-120933.png

Edited by graygo

7 minutes ago, LMc said:

Was hoping it would be on sale by now. I've got to head out in a bit and don't want to miss out! 

Late afternoon/early evening apparently.

Finally got the website to work. Ended up with 6 instead of the 3 I was trying to buy. Boy from beer hawk said the launch was 4 times more popular than any other release

14 minutes ago, mutley said:

Finally got the website to work. Ended up with 6 instead of the 3 I was trying to buy. Boy from beer hawk said the launch was 4 times more popular than any other release

Lucky you I'm still trying. ☹️

i hope you guys noticed this in the blurb below the tennents

Order 3 or more kegs of Tennent's and get 2 FREE Tennent's Pint Glasses (Max 2 per order).

Do The Dance

Not for me, but I knew it would be popular. More choice is a good thing, and good to see new breweries involved which hopefully open up more of their range in the future.

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

3 kegs picked up from Wallyford. They were already well chilled. On my 2nd pint now.

My Mrs is going to be cock-a-****ing-hoop.

Meh. Think folk are getting a wee bit nostalgic. :lol:

I do like Tennent's, it's probably the pint I drink most in pubs but purely as it's available everywhere. I don't get the hysteria when there's several great beers already available that you can't normally buy on these shores.

That said, it's a good step if they're branching out into different breweries.

Here's a thing, do you think pubs in the future will start providing a refill service? Could be a way for them to keep turning a profit when back open.

Spending £250 on a Perfect Draft machine and then using it to pour kegs of Tennents seems like utter madness to me.

Just now, Newton51 said:

West brewery are looking to put st mungo in kegs. Was mentioned on a recent live stream. Much nicer than tennants!

st mungo is very nice

Shanks said no

I won't be buying Tennents, certainly not at that price but I do like having UK alternatives to foreign beers. Brew Hawk were / are having a nightmare with Brexit customs.

hmfc_liam06
32 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Spending £250 on a Perfect Draft machine and then using it to pour kegs of Tennents seems like utter madness to me.

Lowenbrau, Spaten etc but folk are going radge over ****ing Tennents...

:lol:

4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I won't be buying Tennents, certainly not at that price but I do like having UK alternatives to foreign beers. Brew Hawk were / are having a nightmare with Brexit customs.

It still has to go to Europe to get kegged  then sent back to brew hawk 

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, mutley said:

It still has to go to Europe to get kegged  then sent back to brew hawk 

Not doubting you but that seems rather daft

Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

Not doubting you but that seems rather daft

Only 1 kegging plant in Europe just now. Think they are looking at a uk one but at the minute everything goes to Holland I think

3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

How much are they charging a keg? About £30 like the others or is it actually reasonably priced, given that a 12 pack of Tennents is about £12?

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How much are they charging a keg? About £30 like the others or is it actually reasonably priced, given that a 12 pack of Tennents is about £12?

£31.50. But then you’ve got keg deposit, 15% discount and beer hawk points. Takes it down to under £2 a pint I think

Edited by mutley

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

£31.50

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

i hope you guys noticed this in the blurb below the tennents

Order 3 or more kegs of Tennent's and get 2 FREE Tennent's Pint Glasses (Max 2 per order).

Comes up automatically on the order 👍

35 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

It works out at £1.94 a pint after all the discounts and keg deposit returns are factored in if you buy 3 kegs.

Edit: Sorry, I see @mutleyhas already said as much.

Edited by graygo

Looks like tennants have almost sold out. Been thinking about buying one of these machines for a while. Is there a big difference in quality from Cans and bottles?

26 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

£31.50

26 minutes ago, mutley said:

£31.50. But then you’ve got keg deposit, 15% discount and beer hawk points. Takes it down to under £2 a pint I think

Crikey. Still too much for Tennents. 

Edited by Ray Gin

Doctor FinnBarr
37 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Canny understand it myself, so many good beers out there and they all want to drink chemical flavoured piss!

Shanks said no
8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Looks like tennants have almost sold out. Been thinking about buying one of these machines for a while. Is there a big difference in quality from Cans and bottles?

Obviously can't vouch for Tennents but the likes of Stella is as good as you will get in a pub and much better than cans or bottles.

The only drawback I have found with the machines is that they are very moreish and you can get blootered very easily. SC semi my glass was never empty and I wondered why I was so wrecked.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Obviously can't vouch for Tennents but the likes of Stella is as good as you will get in a pub and much better than cans or bottles.

The only drawback I have found with the machines is that they are very moreish and you can get blootered very easily. SC semi my glass was never empty and I wondered why I was so wrecked.

What's the drawback?

Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

The only drawback I have found with the machines is that they are very moreish and you can get blootered very easily. SC semi my glass was never empty and i wondered why I was so wrecked.

I think the PD Stella is streets ahead of the British brewed Stella. I wouldn’t buy a pint in a pub here but happy to drink it on PD. 

17 minutes ago, mutley said:

I think the PD Stella is streets ahead of the British brewed Stella. I wouldn’t buy a pint in a pub here but happy to drink it on PD. 

That extra percent or so makes a difference to how the Stella tastes, much better.

Edit: only 0.4 difference but point stands.

Edited by graygo

Do The Dance
26 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Yeah, there’s a difference. It is better. My opinion as price wise it’s worth it for a IPA like Goose or Clwb Tropica when you’re spending £2 on a 330ml can. Not quite so much with a cheaper lager, but still a smoother pint.

1 minute ago, Do The Dance said:

Yeah, there’s a difference. It is better. My opinion as price wise it’s worth it for a IPA like Goose or Clwb Tropica when you’re spending £2 on a 330ml can. Not quite so much with a cheaper lager, but still a smoother pint.

I'm just trying the Tennents for the novelty factor, will be back to the good stuff after though.

Doctor FinnBarr
22 minutes ago, mutley said:

My take on Stella...........can't drink the UK version but the Belgian version has a totally different taste. I can happily drink that.

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm just trying the Tennents for the novelty factor, will be back to the good stuff after though.

I've just bought 4 kegs of the Tennents as a change from the Leffe range, and the Gandolf IPA I generally run on the Sub.

Need some fizzy piss cooking lager or I just end up half jaked all the time.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Sold out. 20,000 kegs!

:pleasing:

Those sales figures don't lie. Tennents can't be as bad as the purists maintain.

Accordingly, I work with folk from all over the world, and most of them speak fondly of Tennents lager when we get on to the topic of fizzy piss.

6 hours ago, Newton51 said:

If you find anywhere that is selling them let me know!!!

8 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:pleasing:

Those sales figures don't lie. Tennents can't be as bad as the purists maintain.

Accordingly, I work with folk from all over the world, and most of them speak fondly of Tennents lager when we get on to the topic of fizzy piss.

I wonder what percentage of that 20k is made up of folk who don't realise you need a PD machine to drink it!