**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

Doctor FinnBarr
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That was some cup tie. Unless my memory is playing tricks I think Wallace Mercer annoyed a lot of folk by raising the prices to a ridiculous level for the home tie.

Honestly can't remember the prices at the home game (3-1 win). Horsed over there though.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

FarmerTweedy
On 02/01/2022 at 17:21, chrisyboy7 said:

We will defiantly get more money for this wonderful player

Have we been told not to?

Carl Fredrickson
13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

That was some cup tie. Unless my memory is playing tricks I think Wallace Mercer annoyed a lot of folk by raising the prices to a ridiculous level for the home tie.

My memory was that it was the first time we were charged £10 for a game, which IIRC was a hike of £3 or £4 on normal admission

Fxxx the SPFL
13 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Honestly can't remember the prices at the home game (3-1 win). Horsed over there though.

I was over as well supporters bus left from Merchiston Hearts club referee was tapped up by the italians his name was Ignus Van Sweiten probably wrong spelling at one point in the game three Hearts players were down injured and he kept playing on and they scored cheating bassa We stayed at a hotel in the holiday resort of Rimini bus took us to the game

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

My memory was that it was the first time we were charged £10 for a game, which IIRC was a hike of £3 or £4 on normal admission

Mercer firmed up his "football as a business" and "customers not fans" credentials with that in some eyes. Then took that idea to extreme lengths not long after (or was the takeover attempt before?) 😆

Edited by ToqueJambo

Doctor FinnBarr
6 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

I was over as well supporters bus left from Merchiston Hearts club referee was tapped up by the italians his name was Ignus Van Sweiten probably wrong spelling at one point in the game three Hearts players were down injured and he kept playing on and they scored cheating bassa We stayed at a hotel in the holiday resort of Rimini bus took us to the game

I went to that yin with Glasgow Hearts, stayed about 70 miles away in Verona as IIRC there was some massive conference taking place in Bologna which had all hotel rooms taken.

Hackney Hearts
20 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Should have been 3-0 at home, we completely dominated them (was 3-0 at half-time) - but Henry got penalised under the steps rule, a real rarity, and they scored a crucial away goal from the free kick. 

1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I went to that yin with Glasgow Hearts, stayed about 70 miles away in Verona as IIRC there was some massive conference taking place in Bologna which had all hotel rooms taken.

Verona was brilliant.  Remember being met by Carabineri on outskirts of Bologna nd taken to a restaurant near in the city.

Doctor FinnBarr
36 minutes ago, RENE said:

Verona was brilliant.  Remember being met by Carabineri on outskirts of Bologna nd taken to a restaurant near in the city.

Can remember they confiscated all the drink off the bus but somehow missed the large poly cup of white wine I was drinking. Police limited drinks to 2 per person along with a meal. I had pizza and 2 jugs of house white, staff didn't seem to mind.

Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Our bus got stopped on outskirts of Bologna and the Carribiner were there two female officers searching us as we got off the bus there were some young lads with kilts who after the search shot back to the back door of the coach and back out the front and after the third attempt the officers cottoned on funny as feck 

Berra than you
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Let's see if Hickey is in the Bologna squad tomorrow lunch time

He's got covid, so don't think that will be an indicator either way.

2 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Numerous Boligna players are C+ - game will be cancelled.

i read potentially 8+ players, as you say most likely to be postponed

29 minutes ago, escobri said:

Just seen this myself, surely he stays put for now?

Yup. Highly unlikely he will go to Villa. He knows there is higher level interest and he is in the best position at the moment to kick on and improve his game.

If you think the rules are a bit daft in Scotland, it pales into insignificance compared to the great chaos that is Serie A !

After the meeting tonight, they announced that all games will go ahead, even though one definitely can’t as the team are in quarantine ( Salernitana ) and others have multiple c19 cases, meaning there could be as little as four games tomorrow.

But in true Italian style, the unaffected teams will be required to turn up, wait 45 mins, then the games will be called off.

And there’s more…..!

The ASLs ( local health boards ) then get on board to back the clubs to postpone, meaning any appeal will probably be successful if a team is given a 3-0 defeat for not turning up !

Phew…think that covers it but they’ll probably come up with more madness tomorrow.

No one does it like the Italians !

😂

2 hours ago, escobri said:

Just seen this myself, surely he stays put for now?

Interested to see what kind of fee Bologna would be looking for, Patterson gives a benchmark

Have been extremely impressed with the way he has kicked on since moving to Italy, can't believe he hasn't even been in a full scotland squad yet, that's ridiculous!! Yet we call up shite like Paul McGinn from h1b5! Wtaf!! Anyway if I were him I would remain in Italy and develop for a couple more seasons before jumping to the Epl, he would become a much better player imo, maybe move to a bigger club in Italy first and see how you go, but from a Hearts perspective I hope AV chuck 40m at them and we get a nice chunky sell on % of that 😀 

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Have been extremely impressed with the way he has kicked on since moving to Italy, can't believe he hasn't even been in a full scotland squad yet, that's ridiculous!! Yet we call up shite like Paul McGinn from h1b5! Wtaf!! Anyway if I were him I would remain in Italy and develop for a couple more seasons before jumping to the Epl, he would become a much better player imo, maybe move to a bigger club in Italy first and see how you go, but from a Hearts perspective I hope AV chuck 40m at them and we get a nice chunky sell on % of that 😀 

If he’d signed for Celtic instead of Bologna and was not injured or caught COVID he’d have 6/7 caps right now. Of that I am sure. Scottish football is a joke and the pussy footballing media are just as culpable.

Any EPL team will have to pay 15+million for him at the absolute minimum.

In reality, given his performances, potential and the mental money EPL clubs are willing to pay, probably even double that. 

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Any EPL team will have to pay 15+million for him at the absolute minimum.

In reality, given his performances, potential and the mental money EPL clubs are willing to pay, probably even double that. 

What did Arsenal pay for the Japanese lad from Bologna?  You'd think that's something of a yardstick.

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

What did Arsenal pay for the Japanese lad from Bologna?  You'd think that's something of a yardstick.

Think it was £20 million 

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Reports say it was around a £20M fee, whether that includes add-ons it could mean 15-20M for hickey will be about right

13 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Think it was £20 million 

12 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Reports say it was around a £20M fee, whether that includes add-ons it could mean 15-20M for hickey will be about right

Cheers mind you if that guy has been a success (don't follow EPL closely, but seems to play every week anyway), then perhaps that actually makes a Bologna player worth even more if that makes sense?

You never know!

For Aaron, I'd like him to stay there certainly rest of this season and perhaps next - he's so young, keep playing while you're playing.  Maybe even sign a new contract.  Then summer 23 when he'll be 21 or there abouts, great time to go and be first team ready at a truly big team.

30 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Good point. 👍 

37 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Sure it was quoted around £15 million

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Boab said:

If you think the rules are a bit daft in Scotland, it pales into insignificance compared to the great chaos that is Serie A !

After the meeting tonight, they announced that all games will go ahead, even though one definitely can’t as the team are in quarantine ( Salernitana ) and others have multiple c19 cases, meaning there could be as little as four games tomorrow.

But in true Italian style, the unaffected teams will be required to turn up, wait 45 mins, then the games will be called off.

And there’s more…..!

The ASLs ( local health boards ) then get on board to back the clubs to postpone, meaning any appeal will probably be successful if a team is given a 3-0 defeat for not turning up !

Phew…think that covers it but they’ll probably come up with more madness tomorrow.

😂

**** me, does Doncaster have 2 jobs? 

12 hours ago, Boab said:

And there’s more…..!

😂

Not totally sure but people saying games are postponed 

42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not totally sure but people saying games are postponed 

Nothing is straight forward in Serie A.

There may be only three games going ahead but Serie A are refusing to postpone the others, which means appeals and, even more mental, some teams having to turn up even though the opposition aren’t travelling.

That’s as 9.30 this morning !

Told you it was mental !

Now three health boards are involved in the Juve v Napoli debacle.

One in Turin, Two in Naples as they have two health boards.

The chaos continues unabated !

:facepalm:

Perth to Paisley

The only surprising thing is that people are surprised.

Its Italy and in 🇮🇹 you need to join at least 2 queues to buy 'un panino'!

Smart move by Villa trying to get in early but if Hickey has another season like the one he’s having with Bologna now, he’ll have the some of the biggest clubs in European football coming forward with offers. 

On 03/01/2022 at 19:26, ToqueJambo said:

Wasn't that the Munich tie? I remember getting £3 discount for being a season ticket holder. 

jamboinglasgow

Hickey was in a Marca's XI players tipped to explode in 2022. The list includes Southampton's Tino Livramento (funnily enough another young full back who is eligable for Scotland,)  Aurelien Tchouameni of Monaco, Florian Wirtz of Bayer Leverkusen and Conor Gallagher of Crystal Palace (on loan from Chelsea.)

The bit about him says "He is the second-highest scoring defender in the top five major European leagues, netting four for Bologna in Serie A this term, and his athletic prowess is what makes him so effective. Many have compared him to a young Gareth Bale."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aaron-hickey-tipped-explode-2022-25843837

36 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hickey was in a Marca's XI players tipped to explode in 2022. The list includes Southampton's Tino Livramento (funnily enough another young full back who is eligable for Scotland,)  Aurelien Tchouameni of Monaco, Florian Wirtz of Bayer Leverkusen and Conor Gallagher of Crystal Palace (on loan from Chelsea.)

The bit about him says "He is the second-highest scoring defender in the top five major European leagues, netting four for Bologna in Serie A this term, and his athletic prowess is what makes him so effective. Many have compared him to a young Gareth Bale."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aaron-hickey-tipped-explode-2022-25843837

Funny cos when at Hearts I'd have said he was technically very good, extremely good in fact, but that he perhaps wasn't athletic enough to be truly elite.  Absolute hats off to the kid to the work he's obviously put in on that side of things (plus he was 16/17 and had growing to do obviously!!!).

Also... unlike Bale, he's two-footed, doesn't have a pus like a monkey and isn't a diving squealing cheat.

CanadianJamTart

Skimmed through the thread but haven’t seen an answer - do we get anything if he moves on and signs for another club? Not sure how the fees work in subsequent signings after the first one

Rick Sanchez
6 minutes ago, CanadianJamTart said:

Skimmed through the thread but haven’t seen an answer - do we get anything if he moves on and signs for another club? Not sure how the fees work in subsequent signings after the first one

No one knows if there's a sell on clause, never mind how much it is.

Fly the Saltire
20 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

No one knows if there's a sell on clause, never mind how much it is.

As said before, Mrs Budge told Shareholders Association that Hearts expected a six figure fee from sell on and Celtic get zilch.

1 hour ago, ecky92 said:

Rumours saying they want 15 million. 

With Rangers selling that bench warmer Patterson for silly money they should be asking double that for a down payment before add ons!

Portable Badger
5 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Hearing he’s on the verge of joining West Ham

Hope you’ve got shite hearing !!

Not too sure that would be the best option for him just now.  I think another 1-2 seasons in Italy would be more beneficial ..... but what the feck do I know!! 

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****