**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

7 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

I see Robertson is unlikely to play these friendly games for Scotland. Could open the door for Aaron to start one of them 

I bet Clarke selects Taylor.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, briever said:

I bet Clarke selects Taylor.

It would be a very Steve Clarke thing to do to pick a 24 year old Celtic reserve he already knows everything about over an uncapped 19 year old Serie A regular in a meaningless friendly. Must earn his place... mumble... lots of quality ahead of him... mumble... tough job to get into this team.. mumble

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Clarke has said he can see Hickey playing right back. 

It's clear as day that Hickey is Scotlan'd right back.  Should have been in about 3 squads by now even just getting used to it.

Patterson is a good player I reckon but fact is he's had about 10 mins of football this season.  Until he's getting a game either at Everton or out on loan, he's not first choice (no issue with having him in squad for experience and backup).

O'Donnell?  Come on!!  Look, the guy has done himself proud, he's hugely likeable and has the heart of a lion.  Bags of respect for him.  Not many have achieved what he has, especially with his ability.  BUt he's the worst player on the pitch almost every time I see him, be that for Scotland or for Motherwell.  Even all the praise he gets when he plays well, it's all quite patronising really.  Did well "for O'Donnell".

Hickey is our Right Back.  He can play there just as well as he can at left back.  Get him playing there, get him bedded in and he can be our right back, or fight it out with Patterson (and Ramsay maybe?) for the next 15 years*!!

*or more likely until he completes his Philip Lahm transition into a leading CM.

Edited by TheBigO

I reckon the team tomorrow will be,

Gordon

Hendry Halkett Tierney 

Patterson McTominay McGregor Hickey

McGinn  Armstrong 

Adams

If Hickey has any sense he’ll get out of there and refuse any further call up. Why waste your time playing for that garbage? 

Perth to Paisley

Based on Sportscene highlights Aaron or O'donnel never touched the ball in the 20+ minutes they were on.

14 hours ago, scottg71 said:

If Hickey has any sense he’ll get out of there and refuse any further call up. Why waste your time playing for that garbage? 

What a strange post 😳

15 hours ago, scottg71 said:

Best national team in years. Finally qualifying or on the verge of qualifying for major tournaments for the first time in decades. Hickey will only enhance what is by Scottish standards an excellent squad.

Bizarre post. 

15 hours ago, scottg71 said:

57C3C8AF-92EC-45E5-90E3-0E72F835AD73.jpeg

1 hour ago, Homme said:

Best national team in years. Finally qualifying or on the verge of qualifying for major tournaments for the first time in decades. Hickey will only enhance what is by Scottish standards an excellent squad.

Bizarre post. 

If international fooball's your thing then great. A draw with Poland's second string is hardly impressive. They won't qualify for another major tournament.

10 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

If international fooball's your thing then great. A draw with Poland's second string is hardly impressive. They won't qualify for another major tournament.

Was a friendly at the end of the day. Was a good performance which deserved a win. Scotland are better / can compete fine than Ukraine and Wales. We have every chance.

Fitzroy Pointon
24 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Ooooh how edgy!

21 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Ooooh how edgy!

Nothing to do with being edgy. Haven't watched the national team for years.

jambodan1998
8 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

But you knew the score and that Poland had a second team out 🤔

30 minutes ago, jambodan1998 said:

But you knew the score and that Poland had a second team out 🤔

Couple of guys in the site office were talking about it.

44 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

That makes you both a crap Scotsman and a crap football fan... well done

Edited by db211833

1 hour ago, Homme said:

Was a friendly at the end of the day. Was a good performance which deserved a win. Scotland are better / can compete fine than Ukraine and Wales. We have every chance.

Difference with Wales is the have the absolute epitome of a talisman man in Bale.If only we had that one truly great player.What we do have though is a squad that really do want to play for the jersey and manager unlike the past 10 or so years before Clarke came in.

Just now, db211833 said:

That makes you both a crap Scotsman and a crap football fan... well done

I think the tartan army are a national embarrassment and 247 loyalty points makes your second point ridiculous.

Not everyone is interested in the SFA 11. 

1 hour ago, scottg71 said:

If international football ISNT your thing, there is a major clue in the thread title as to why you should have avoided reading it or posting in it

247 loyalty points ? I wouldn’t have thought that was even possible but there you go. Straight to the top of the uberfan league.

Edited by JimmyCant

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If international football ISNT your thing, there is a major clue in the thread title as to why you should have avoided reading it or posting in it

It’s a thread about Hickey in Serie A.

My comment was he should avoid playing for Scotland and concentrate on club football.

Too late now though. His choice to play second fiddle to Greg Taylor. 

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

247 loyalty points ? I wouldn’t have thought that was even possible but there you go. Straight to the top of the uberfan league.

Your first para is spot on.  Every Scotland thread has blowhards all trumpeting about how much they don't watch Scotland.  Do what you want.  No one cares. Why spoil chat for guys who do want to discuss our national team?

Think I'm going to go to the shed and go through every thread.  Don't read books, books are crap.  Don't watch the news, the news is crap.  Don't look at bursds, bursds is crap.  Don't like memes, memes is crap.

Looooooooooooooook at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I'm edgy.

1 hour ago, scottg71 said:

So you have no idea how good or bad the national team is then?? Good to have an informed opinion

23 hours ago, scottg71 said:

You drapped yer flute.

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Your first para is spot on.  Every Scotland thread has blowhards all trumpeting about how much they don't watch Scotland.  Do what you want.  No one cares. Why spoil chat for guys who do want to discuss our national team?

Think I'm going to go to the shed and go through every thread.  Don't read books, books are crap.  Don't watch the news, the news is crap.  Don't look at bursds, bursds is crap.  Don't like memes, memes is crap.

Looooooooooooooook at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I'm edgy.

This thread is about Hickey. 

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Did well last night. 

Don't pay for Sky sports so haven't seen any of it. Glad to hear he played well though. Wish we'd had him longer but what tremendous self belief he must have to take the risk of going to Italy to play and then to do so well and become a fan favourite at Bologna. 

Francis Albert
On 21/03/2022 at 21:52, Thaw said:

Stats corner...

hickey.JPG

And a full back. Or whatever they call them these days. It has been an extraordinary achievement whatever follows.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Don't pay for Sky sports so haven't seen any of it. Glad to hear he played well though. Wish we'd had him longer but what tremendous self belief he must have to take the risk of going to Italy to play and then to do so well and become a fan favourite at Bologna. 

Amazing. Well done to him.

15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He played on the left. It looked like he was told by Clarke to bomb forward and he did several sprints down the touchline. He didn't get the ball much but was composed in possession mostly passing backwards. He got right forward a couple of times and was an offside away from getting in on goal. He defended deep in the box when Poland attacked. I always think he looks most vulnerable here but he was maybe just once caught out a bit. His highlight was possible decking Matty Cash as they competed in the air. 

Overall a good debut. He looked the part. 

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/aaron-hickey-ac-milan-transfer-23496417?utm_source=football_scotland_newsletter&utm_campaign=hearts_live_newsletter2&utm_medium=email&pure360.trackingid=d10b295f-8a00-4ad3-ac9b-456ece4c440c

It's been rumoured before but Milan would be a Wow move.

From a Hearts financial perspective, would a mid range EPL club be better?

Edited by DETTY29

10 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Sounds like he's enjoying Italy....

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Good lad, we're lucky to have seen him in maroon

Francis Albert
11 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

For Hickey's sake I hope it is Milan. Would be the biggest club any ex Hearts player has played for. He deserves that not a middling EPL club

Edited by Francis Albert

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

For Hickey's sake I hope it is Milan. Would be the biggest club any ex Hearts player has played for. He deserves that not a middling EPL club

Michael Stewart, Danny Wilson, Pasquale Bruno, all ex Hearts players...

38 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I agree, Milan would be fantastic and chased by Paulo Maldini, no less.

Edit Milan's transfer history link added.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ac-mailand/transferrekorde/verein/5

Edit 2 - I can't find a decreasing EPL transfer table for this season but it appears from Transfer Market the average transfer fee this season is c£15.5m.

Edited by DETTY29

50 minutes ago, Masonic said:

what % do hearts get when bologna sell him?

First time this has been asked. Think it's 100.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Tbh Who cares about Hickeys sake?

1st and foremost any Hearts fan should  want him to go the the largest fee possible if that means more for us. 

If that's Milan, a championship team or a move to China no one will be arsed. 

More money the better. 

Benefit to Hearts first.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

First time this has been asked. Think it's 100.

£100 - boo

100%, dull one for Bologna. 

Francis Albert
24 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbh Who cares about Hickeys sake?

1st and foremost any Hearts fan should  want him to go the the largest fee possible if that means more for us. 

If that's Milan, a championship team or a move to China no one will be arsed. 

More money the better. 

Benefit to Hearts first.

Quite a few on here thought he would be back at Celtic or on loan to Hearts soon after he went to Italy Pathetically small minded in my opinion.

He has already  achieved in Europe  what only a very  few Scottish players have ever done. Good luck to him. 

So when you say no-one will be arsed if he blows the chance of progressing to the highest level you are  simply wrong. 

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Quite a few on here thought he would be back at Celtic or on loan to Hearts soon after he went to Italy Pathetically small minded in my opinion.

He has already  achieved in Europe  what only a very  few Scottish players have ever done. Good luck to him. 

So when you say no-one will be arsed if he blows the chance of progressing to the highest level you are  simply wrong. 

Can you miss the point by any more? 

No one on here will put his progress ahead of a bigger fee for Hearts. 

So if it's Aston villa or the likes for more money v Milan, any sane Hearts fan wil want him to go to the club that benefits Hearts more. 

His sake is secondary. 

So  if it is a mid table English side that offers the most then so be it, no Hearts fan will be hoping he goes to Milan for less money  or nothing ( end of contract) just to see him achieve more personally. 

I can't spell it out more more than that. 

Perth to Paisley

For the record I would rather he stayed in Italy rather than some crappy EPL team

This however is sad news

Stay strong.

TyphoonJambo
41 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

For the record I would rather he stayed in Italy rather than some crappy EPL team

This however is sad news

Stay strong.

Bloody hell. What a speech. Good luck geezer. hate cancer.

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****