• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

Absolute 🤡's on social media in months gone by, saying he shouldn't even be considered as a right back for Scotland 😂😂😅

He is such a talent...world is his lobster...

39 minutes ago, jambo007 said:

Could do a job for Scotland , what a strike !!!

Oh ! wait a minute who does he play for !!😍

It's unfortunate that we have two of the best LB's in the world. He'll get his chance one day.

Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

The striker Barrow is straight out of the Gnando school of shite forwards

He's so frustrating. Really talented player and capable of some proper magic but is frequently incredibly wasteful. 

Was about to write that we should’ve made a fortune on him but we still will with the sell-on. And folk questioned why Doig wasn’t getting a game in the youth team . . 

Cracking strike, well done son. 

Two-footed, playing and scoring regularly in one of the best leagues in the world but aye, only recently considered good enough for the Scotland u-21s. :rofl:

4 minutes ago, Zico said:

Cracking strike, well done son. 

Two-footed, playing and scoring regularly in one of the best leagues in the world but aye, only recently considered good enough for the Scotland u-21s. :rofl:

Liked your quote , Zico , deserves to be te tweeted ....hope all the media pick up the strike and report it .Fabulous .

Just now, jambo007 said:

Liked your quote , Zico , deserves to be te tweeted ....hope all the media pick up the strike and report it .Fabulous .

I’ll retire on the royalties from those words of wisdom!

Great strike. It might waken some up in the media that he’s genuinely two footed, although I won’t hold my breath. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Not good enough for a Scotland squad though. Behind Stephen ODonnell and a guy who barely plays for the RB slot and despite Clarke doing everything he can to include as many LBs as possible in his team not good enough to cover either LCB or LB.

We deserve to get nowhere internationally.

29 minutes ago, Zico said:

I’ll retire on the royalties from those words of wisdom!

Great strike. It might waken some up in the media that he’s genuinely two footed, although I won’t hold my breath. 

I wouldn't hold your breath mate. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I do hope this sell on clause isn't just a myth. 

Even if it is a myth, it's just great seeing a young Hearts player look like he could reach the top in terms of being potentially world-class. There are only two other Hearts players I've seen who played with us as teenagers who I consider world class level, ie would play for any International team - Craig Gordon and Craig Levein (who would have got to the very top). Alan MacLaren had that potential but never really showed it after leaving us.

Edited by ToqueJambo

highlandjambo3
27 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Hickeys next deal………💰💰💰💰💰kerching

Just to clarify my post……the kerching is Hickeys new deal for himself, will be on a fortune if he keeps going the way he is.

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

Absolute 🤡's on social media in months gone by, saying he shouldn't even be considered as a right back for Scotland 😂😂😅

He is such a talent...world is his lobster...

Aye cause he’s left back, and he’s not better than tierney or Robertson, yet. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

He's two-footed, unlike Robertson who Clarke has played at RB for Scotland. And Tierney and Robertson are both starters. Who's their back-up? Greg Taylor and Scott McKenna or some other average CB?

Hickey is better than the back-up options at LB and is the nearest thing we have to Tierney's style for LCB. He's also better than both Clarke's first choice options at RB. Yet Clarke considers him not even good enough for the squad as cover for all these positions. Crazy.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's two-footed, unlike Robertson who Clarke has played at RB for Scotland. And Tierney and Robertson are both starters. Who's their back-up? Greg Taylor and Scott McKenna or some other average CB?

Hickey is better than the back-up options at LB and is the nearest thing we have to Tierney's style for LCB. He's also better than both Clarke's first choice options at RB. Yet Clarke considers him not even good enough for the squad as cover for all these positions. Crazy.

Youre spot on. Hes also 19 and should be getting experience in and around the squad under his belt now rather than being thrown in if and when we NEED him

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think you’re forgetting about Ralston too.  I think he was in the last squad and don’t forget he plays for Celtic!

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think you’re forgetting about Ralston too.  I think he was in the last squad and don’t forget he plays for Celtic!

I don't begrudge Ralston playing his way in in a position we need strengthening, but ignoring the most exciting young Scottish talent since Tierney is genuine madness.

Incase anyone missed the game, I missed the first half and the goal, he almost scored another beauty in the second half.    The goalkeeper done a great save to stop it.  

Yeah, Hickey's value is going up up up.   A young goalscoring fullback.    A confident one at that.   He's getting better at it.   Ajax wouldn't be a bad move for him but they don't pay massively.    Hopefully the big clubs come in for him.   

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I hope the rumour that our sell on fee was a fixed price was speaking shit (it doesn’t make huge sense to me anyway) - if it’s a % it’s a % of an ever increasing number (if he doesn’t have a release price….)

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't begrudge Ralston playing his way in in a position we need strengthening, but ignoring the most exciting young Scottish talent since Tierney is genuine madness.

I agree but I’m just pointing out Clark’s thinking on the matter.  There’s actually a good case to be made for Ralston to play ahead of Paterson since he gets a regular game, although Paterson does look very good, at least going forward - looks a bit dodgy defensively from what I’ve seen for Scotland (no idea what he’s like with Rangers as I don’t see many of their games plus he doesn’t play).

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I agree but I’m just pointing out Clark’s thinking on the matter.  There’s actually a good case to be made for Ralston to play ahead of Paterson since he gets a regular game, although Paterson does look very good, at least going forward - looks a bit dodgy defensively from what I’ve seen for Scotland (no idea what he’s like with Rangers as I don’t see many of their games plus he doesn’t play).

I like Paterson and when you see Ranges allegedly rejecting £9m for him from Everton you have to wonder how much Hickey will go for. He's proven at a higher level for longer and left-footed players always attract higher fees and two-footed even more you'd assume.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He could easily be converted into a box to box attacking midfielder from the look of the way he plays. 

Levein always said he saw him as a future midfielder, although what does he know!

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I like Paterson and when you see Ranges allegedly rejecting £9m for him from Everton you have to wonder how much Hickey will go for. He's proven at a higher level for longer and left-footed players always attract higher fees and two-footed even more you'd assume.

I’m not sure I believe Rangers rejected £9m for Paterson, do you?  Seems to always be lots of alleged big money offers for Rangers players that come to nothing. And £9m for a guy that can’t get a game for them?

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m not sure I believe Rangers rejected £9m for Paterson, do you?  Seems to always be lots of alleged big money offers for Rangers players that come to nothing. And £9m for a guy that can’t get a game for them?

If it's an EPL club it'll be a decent amount. It does sound like a Hibs valuation though. The OF can get these fees though which is the annoying thing.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Josh Doig is miles ahead of him…..

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

5m from Watford wasn't it? The same Josh Doig who has been vying with Lewis Stevenson all season for the LB slot at a bottom six Scottish Premiership club. At least when we were shite Hickey was still first choice.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

5m from Watford wasn't it? The same Josh Doig who has been vying with Lewis Stevenson all season for the LB slot at a bottom six Scottish Premiership club. At least when we were shite Hickey was still first choice.

The very same Josh Doig who would go  missing in his own home

Perth to Paisley
3 hours ago, Macros said:

I think he's now scored more goals in Italian football than Joe Jordan managed 

Serie A 

Jordan scored 3 in Serie A and 9 on Serie B

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Steve Clarke sat at home, "Aye, but could he hold down a place at Motherwell like Steven O'Donnell?"

Or would he look as good as Paterson sitting on bench for Rangers. Big questions will be asked if Hickey continues to develop at pace he's going.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Even if it is a myth, it's just great seeing a young Hearts player look like he could reach the top in terms of being potentially world-class. There are only two other Hearts players I've seen who played with us as teenagers who I consider world class level, ie would play for any International team - Craig Gordon and Craig Levein (who would have got to the very top). Alan MacLaren had that potential but never really showed it after leaving us.

Thought Alan Maclaren was certain to go to the top but I think he got a bad injury at rangers that more or less finished him.

Stay where you are, Aaron. Do not even think of coming back here. 

In fact, get that citizenship form in now, you're good enough for the Azzurri, son !

👍

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Steve Clarke sat at home, "Aye, but could he hold down a place at Motherwell like Steven O'Donnell?"

Hickey isn't a RB though. If he was, he'd have been capped by now.

3 hours ago, ecky92 said:

Feels like limited thinking if his club are willing  to push him into more advanced positions. Do you ignore finishing  like that on an apparent!y weaker foot? Our current incumbents in midfield would not even attempt s shot on their weaker foot: McGinn, MacGregor, Gilmour, McTominay.

Edited by Riccarton3

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hickey isn't a RB though. If he was, he'd have been capped by now.

I’m sure he could easily play there, more naturally than Tierney or Robertson who both look like fish out of water at RB  / RWB, and much better than O’Donnell.  

The fact is Clarke had not even taken the opportunity to work with Hickey. If he did this then he could see how Hickey compares with O'Donnell or Patterson or anybody in the squad. If it's a case of trust with certain players and having worked with O'Donnell, it's not enough.

Edited by Riccarton3

20 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m sure he could easily play there, more naturally than Tierney or Robertson who both look like fish out of water at RB  / RWB, and much better than O’Donnell.  

Im sure he'd do a job in most positions on the pitch but he's most comfortable on the left and he still has a lot to learn.  If he was a RB, he'd be 1st pick and would have 5-10 caps already but he's not.

Patterson is first choice now at RB and has been superb in the last few games for Scotland. O'Donnell whilst technically  not great on the ball,  he at least knows  that position and is a pretty reasonable defender who has rarely let us down.    

I'm sure Aaron will get an opportunity but it's tough when there are two of the best LB's in the world ahead of him. That's just unfortunate. 

50 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Im sure he'd do a job in most positions on the pitch but he's most comfortable on the left and he still has a lot to learn.  If he was a RB, he'd be 1st pick and would have 5-10 caps already but he's not.

Patterson is first choice now at RB and has been superb in the last few games for Scotland. O'Donnell whilst technically  not great on the ball,  he at least knows  that position and is a pretty reasonable defender who has rarely let us down.    

I'm sure Aaron will get an opportunity but it's tough when there are two of the best LB's in the world ahead of him. That's just unfortunate. 

Pretty much agree with most of this, unless there is a couple of injuries to Robertson/Tierney then he just isn't going to get a game, however he will eventually get in the squad. Right now there is no rush for it to happen.

Clarke is no mug.  Keep going like this and he'll be in the WC qualifiers.   Out wide on either side.  Full back or midfield.

Because of his versatility, he may grow into a bigger star than Robertson or Tierney.

And he took the piss out of Celtic un a Cup Final when he was 16.

Levein deserves credit for that at least.

InternationalJambo

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong as I’m not sure on this but I believe we receive a % of his transfer from any future fee he goes for, even after he leaves Bologna?

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****