• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Perth to Paisley said:

For the record I would rather he stayed in Italy rather than some crappy EPL team

This however is sad news

Stay strong.

Even if we lose out on money. 

Why? 

Perth to Paisley

I don't know the terms and guessing you dont either.

But if its a "six figure" sum rather than a percentage i would guess the difference in £ would be marginal/negligible.

As a Serie A fan/attender I would rather he stayed put as it increases my personsal interest.

How good will it be to go to a game in Italy where an ex Hearts player is playing.

(Thinking about it he would be my 3rd as I have seen Pinilla play for Cagliari and Martin Petras play for Grosetto)

I would lose interest in him/ his career  if he went to West Ham, for example.

Edited by Perth to Paisley

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

I don't know the terms and guessing you dont either.

But if its a "six figure" sum rather than a percentage i would guess the difference in £ would be marginal/negligible.

As a Serie A fan/attender I would rather he stayed put as it increases my personsal interest.

How good will it be to go to a game in Italy where an ex Hearts player is playing.

(Thinking about it he would be my 3rd as I have seen Pinilla play for Cagliari and Martin Petras play for Grosetto)

I would lose interest in him/ his career  if he went to West Ham, for example.

If the money in any transfer is the same then fair enough. 

But Surley if it's a % you'd want him to move for the most money, whoever that club is? 

You wouldn't want Hearts to lose out on money just so you can keep up a personal Interest in him? 

Perth to Paisley
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If the money in any transfer is the same then fair enough. 

But Surley if it's a % you'd want him to move for the most money, whoever that club is? 

You wouldn't want Hearts to lose out on money just so you can keep up a personal Interest in him? 

Doesn't really need an answer

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Doesn't really need an answer

It does if you agree with someone who says they'd rather Hickey  goes to Milan than an English side as it's best for Hickey.

Would you rather he want for as much money as possible (if Hearts have a %) to any club or went to a club such as Milan for Reasons you and the the other poster stated?

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Perth to Paisley
11 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It does if you agree with someone who says they'd rather Hickey  goes to Milan than an English side as it's best for Hickey.

Would you rather he want for as much money as possible (if Hearts have a %) to any club or went to a club such as Milan for Reasons you and the the other poster stated?

1. Would rather Hickey went to Milan when/if he moves on.

2. At no point have I said that my preference was in anyway related to his personal gain. 

3. Stick by my statement that a move detrimental to Hearts "Doesn't really need an answer"

yawn.

Perth to Paisley

Seems happy to get his first cap

Disappointed that he doesn't seemed to have bothered with the language - he must be missing a lot of the 'experience'

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Edit - have folk posted before this guy isnt reliable?

He is often incredibly reliable with his information but he hasn’t actually stated an agreement just interest so probably won’t come to anything

On 26/03/2022 at 16:54, Perth to Paisley said:

For the record I would rather he stayed in Italy rather than some crappy EPL team

This however is sad news

Stay strong.

Wow. What a man. Fingers crossed it goes well for him.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Robbo51 said:

He is often incredibly reliable with his information but he hasn’t actually stated an agreement just interest so probably won’t come to anything

Newcastle could be an interesting move, murdering ******* owners aside. They have unlimited funds and are likely to take off Man City style once the chequebook comes out. 

Either way it looks 100% likely Hickey's next move will be to a top team in a top league for a huge fee. Great news for us and Scotland, and what a story. Not sure any young Scottish player has ever done what Hickey's done in terms of how quickly his career has taken off. And really he should have at least a handful of caps by now in whatever position he's capable of playing in, which seems to be a few. It's real feather in our cap that Hearts were the club that set him on his way.

2 hours ago, Jamb04life said:

Does anybody know the sell on clause percentage?

Great Q 🧐

Post count low, but quality of Q posed exceptionally high 🤪

Perth to Paisley

There are many theories but as it's commercially sensitive information it's not in the public domain. Most commonly repeated story is a "high six figure sum"

Allegedly it's going to be used to fill in the corners

😊

3 hours ago, Jamb04life said:

Does anybody know the sell on clause percentage?

And do Celtic get a cut of that? 🤔

Ainsley Harriott
8 hours ago, Thomaso said:

And do Celtic get a cut of that? 🤔

Of course not. They got a cut of his fee first time around

McKinlay stated the six figure fee but there are question marks over whether he was meaning at least a six figure fee or a fixed amount a fixed amount seems pretty unusual though so perhaps he was going by Hickeys valuation at the time

He definitely confirmed Celtic get nothing else out of future sales

Francis Albert
15 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Edit - have folk posted before this guy isnt reliable?

Imagine swapping Bologna for Newcastle. He may not have much say in it of course.

20 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Imagine swapping Bologna for Newcastle. He may not have much say in it of course.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, he would be joining the 'richest' football club in the world right at the start of their journey....my thoughts are with the young man right enough 🥴😵💫

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Regardless of what anyone thinks, he would be joining the 'richest' football club in the world right at the start of their journey....my thoughts are with the young man right enough 🥴😵💫

I can think of many big European clubs more attractive than Newcastle where he would make a fortune that would set him up for life. Money isn't everything. And that goes for clubs as well. Newcastle have been one of the biggest clubs in England for many decades and also one of the biggest under achievers.

And of course I wasn't saying I was sorry for him!

21 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I can think of many big European clubs more attractive than Newcastle where he would make a fortune that would set him up for life. Money isn't everything. And that goes for clubs as well. Newcastle have been one of the biggest clubs in England for many decades and also one of the biggest under achievers.

And of course I wasn't saying I was sorry for him!

I think Eddie Howe would be a factor though.  If Newcastle do things "right" it could be a brilliant move for him.  Appointing Howe and even the signings they made in Jan slightly point to them having some nouse around their footballing department imo.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating Newcastle and their new dirty money or indeed the EPL and all of its glitzy sports washing, but for pure football achievement + dosh, it may well not be the worst thing for Hickey.  Quite the opposite.  Ask someone like Kyle Walker I guess would be the thing.  I know he'd already made more waves in the game than Hickey has when he moved, but it's similar thing in a way.  Guys like Zinchenko (sp), who Hickey very much has the potential to be better than, go to Man City and the likes and make great careers out of it and I can see Hickey doing that and becoming a mainstay at a very big team.

johnking123

Newcastle could be a not bad choice nowadays.  Seem to improving and don't seem to complete lunatics. Looking to build a team and could be good choice to maximise game time. Make 25 million and we will take 15% thanks!

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I'm sure he'll have plenty of say in it. Bosman removed all that kind of nonsense.

Fxxx the SPFL

i think if he gets the chance to play in the EPL he'll jump at it. he will probably say all the right things that he loves playing in Italy etc etc however when it comes to the crunch he'll move on and Bologna and us will receive a good fee.

Bologna was my first ever European away trip and always had a soft spot for them dodgy bent referee cost us that game

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Durham is ok to stay, but that's about it.

Edited by DETTY29

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Durham is ok to stay, but that's about it.

said this on other threads but each city has it's very desirable areas a short car journey away. 

suspect when Hickey moves on his primary aim will be to choose a move which benefits his career first and foremost. He did this when choosing Bologna over celtic. The kid's not daft.

HeartsandonlyHearts

Another 3/4 years in Italy would still see him only 23/24. That’s the thing that’s pretty cool. I hope he gets a move to Milan before Newcastle. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

said this on other threads but each city has it's very desirable areas a short car journey away. 

suspect when Hickey moves on his primary aim will be to choose a move which benefits his career first and foremost. He did this when choosing Bologna over celtic. The kid's not daft.

Exactly, he even turned down Bayern!

The richest club in the world would undoubtedly be attractive but if I was him I'd choose living in the sun and getting rich, even though I do love a geordie lass.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I think he’s already hinted at a preference to move to England.

hopefully get a bit of a bidding war going as I think at least 3 or 4 clubs are interested including some big boys.

As an aside I don’t believe we agreed a fixed price sell on fee - when six figures was mentioned as what we will get I am looking at that on the basis of a sell on percentage fee of over 10% and knowledge that the sale price will be over £1m

4 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Newcastle could be a not bad choice nowadays.  Seem to improving and don't seem to complete lunatics. Looking to build a team and could be good choice to maximise game time. Make 25 million and we will take 15% thanks!

Do you know what our sell on is John it would be nice to put the six figure sum stuff to bed

57 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think he’s already hinted at a preference to move to England.

hopefully get a bit of a bidding war going as I think at least 3 or 4 clubs are interested including some big boys.

As an aside I don’t believe we agreed a fixed price sell on fee - when six figures was mentioned as what we will get I am looking at that on the basis of a sell on percentage fee of over 10% and knowledge that the sale price will be over £1m

I suspect something similar

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Exactly, he even turned down Bayern!

The richest club in the world would undoubtedly be attractive but if I was him I'd choose living in the sun and getting rich, even though I do love a geordie lass.

He is still so young though so I think he could easily do both if he wants to move to the English Premier League after a couple of seasons in Italy then there’s every chance he will get the chance to move abroad again after that 

To be totally honest I could not be more jealous of the lad at the moment and that is based on playing for Hearts and in the Serie A plus living in Bologna and he’s not even twenty yet 

Bazzas right boot

:munny:

Bidding war! 

Tierney is apparently a £50m target for real Madrid and he went to arsenal for £25m irc. 

Hickey  played at a higher level at the same age and is two footed. 

There is your measure. 

Get the clubs lining up. 

PSG, citeh and Newcastle in a bidding war please. 

Imagine we get £4-£5m from Europe next season then £3-£4m drops in our bank for this sale in the summer. 

Disco lights will be a goer, the best of gear as well. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

12 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Of course not. They got a cut of his fee first time around

They will get a percentage of our fee.

That's how well on's usually work.

We get say 15%, and Celtic will get their agreed % of that fee

It's how clubs like MK Dons got big money when Jordan Ibe moved on from Liverpool

Done like that to try and help the trickle down effect when a kid from a small team makes it big

Fxxx the SPFL
16 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

It's how clubs like MK Dons got big money when Jordan Ibe moved on from Liverpool

Done like that to try and help the trickle down effect when a kid from a small team makes it big

Celtic got their money when he went to Bologna they don’t get another wedge again surely 

upgotheheads
31 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Great, so we will get a percentage from the sell-on fee in his next contract. Lovely Jubbly.

Surely we haven't agreed a set amount of cash for Hickeys next move,that would be so Hearts. In saying that it wouldn't surprise me if that clown Levein was involved.

Was our new CEO not quoted as saying it would be a 6 figure sum  if Hickey moved on from Bologna,  worrying if true .

53 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Celtic do not get any thing more as was confirmed by McKinlay

21 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Surely we haven't agreed a set amount of cash for Hickeys next move,that would be so Hearts. In saying that it wouldn't surprise me if that clown Levein was involved.

Was our new CEO not quoted as saying it would be a 6 figure sum  if Hickey moved on from Bologna,  worrying if true .

It was Levein who brought Hickey to Hearts was it not

Guest ToqueJambo
13 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

If you mean relegation threatened Newcastle with their current squad, fair enough.

But in a couple of years they’ll probably be challenging in the EPL and CL with some world superstars playing for them. So that could be an attraction?

Newcastle are now richer than PSG and Man City. It all depends on how fast their new owners want to make Newcastle the best side in the world. The money’s there to do it.

Edited by ToqueJambo

TommyBizarro

I am heading to Milan this weekend, and will hopefully get to see the young man in action again on Monday. I’ll shout to him that we’re all asking for him 👍😁

Francis Albert
39 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If you mean relegation threatened Newcastle with their current squad, fair enough.

But in a couple of years they’ll probably be challenging in the EPL and CL with some world superstars playing for them. So that could be an attraction?

Newcastle are now richer than PSG and Man City. It all depends on how fast their new owners want to make Newcastle the best side in the world. The money’s there to do it.

A sad indictment of what football has become IMO.

But even then money alone doesn't guarantee the success you describe. 

Edited by Francis Albert

From Hearts pov I think this summer is best time for him to move on, two reasons - if he continues to develop well and attract clubs, but doesn't get a move this year then chances are he will run his contract down.

Secondly if he doesn't move and has a wobble form wise, then he will be quickly forgotten about by the clubs with $$$. 

Actually thought he was quite poor in two cameos for Scotland.

Ainsley Harriott
10 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

They won't 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

They won't 

Correct, I think  there is a tiny % that each club gets as part of the development thing, but it less than half a %. 

I think It's the same for every player in the world. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

A sad indictment of what football has become IMO.

But even then money alone doesn't guarantee the success you describe. 

Fair point, but it's happening all around us and Newcastle will get better, far better. 

The other clubs won't move over (Chelsea might) tho. 

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****