• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

LarrysRightFoot
46 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Think villa front runners. It Newcastle looking too.  

Villa are signing Digne so West Ham looking at Hickey. Still likely to be interest from Serie A.

Perth to Paisley

Watching Mitchell Djks as Aaron's replacement tonight - Bologna will be keen to keep him!

Bad career move to leave Serie A just now.

58 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Watching Venezia v Empoli and Nani just came on for Venezia , thought he’d retired ! On for two mins and set up the equaliser. 

just joined after leaving MLS in november

With Brexit supposedly playing a big factor in who English teams go for without having to worry about permits then I see hickey being high up in many teams lists of players to sign and carry a premium due to his citizenship at that. Hope we do have a decent sell on clause

Italian Lambretta
1 hour ago, hearts151 said:

With Brexit supposedly playing a big factor in who English teams go for without having to worry about permits then I see hickey being high up in many teams lists of players to sign and carry a premium due to his citizenship at that. Hope we do have a decent sell on clause

If the club got a £1 for every time someone on kB mentioned a sell clause we could easily buy a top striker.

8 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If the club got a £1 for every time someone on kB mentioned a sell clause we could easily buy a top striker.

Mbappe

17 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Is it fixed or a %?

😇

Aaron has stepped into dreamland, not only took the opportunity of a lifetime to gain life experience. He has secured his berth in a side who have ambition to finnish in the top end of the league table. Not just any league though, Serie A. Scores goals. Just out of covid lockdown and straight into the side.

A star

Edited by Factuer Moi

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Bologna 1-0 down after 20mins,not Hickey's fault though!

0-2 at the moment

15 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Eh?…..wind up?

I'm speaking about Aaron Hickey, not Armand Gnaanduillet.

highlandjambo3
10 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

I'm speaking about Aaron Hickey, not Armand Gnaanduillet.

Still not clear……So, your saying the mighty Brentford are interested in Arron?

I'm not really sure why it's so surprising a Premier League club would be interested in signing him?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/01/18/aston-villa-celtic-brentford-aaron-hickey/?amp

Neither HITC or the West London Sport site they've pulled the story from appear to be reliable news outlets though so I'd take it with a pinch of salt, particularly as they suggest he'd be backup to Rico Henry. 

9 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Still not clear……So, your saying the mighty Brentford are interested in Arron?

Yes that is correct.

7 hours ago, Jamboross said:

I'm not really sure why it's so surprising a Premier League club would be interested in signing him?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/01/18/aston-villa-celtic-brentford-aaron-hickey/?amp

Neither HITC or the West London Sport site they've pulled the story from appear to be reliable news outlets though so I'd take it with a pinch of salt, particularly as they suggest he'd be backup to Rico Henry. 

I think what he's saying is that Brentford are below him.  Id tend to agree.  There's this thing that if a team or player are in the English Prem, they must be great and the pinnacle of any (Scottish especially) career.

If I were Aaron (I'm not, just to avoid confusion here), I'd be staying where I was rather than heading to England unless it was a real dream move type thing.  The kid is working his way up to an Juve, Napoli, AC Milan or similar type move and I'd say Brentford would be sideways at best, probably backwards.

At least I think that's what the poster was getting at!

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I think what he's saying is that Brentford are below him.  Id tend to agree.  There's this thing that if a team or player are in the English Prem, they must be great and the pinnacle of any (Scottish especially) career.

If I were Aaron (I'm not, just to avoid confusion here), I'd be staying where I was rather than heading to England unless it was a real dream move type thing.  The kid is working his way up to an Juve, Napoli, AC Milan or similar type move and I'd say Brentford would be sideways at best, probably backwards.

At least I think that's what the poster was getting at!

Yeah, I agree, next move should certainly be to one of the top level Serie A teams and absolutely not to the Premier League unless it's one of the top 6-8 teams. Just seems daft for him to suggest Brentford being interested is a wind up etc when they most likely are keen and could certainly afford him. One thing for a club to be interested, another for the player to want to join them. 

54 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Correct

Will be interesting to see how he deals with it

Getting praised by the commentators for his attitude and performance as Verona have targeted him being out of position. 

Just made a great goal saving tackle.

To be fair couldn't stop the crosses first half one of which led to a goal but that's a lot to do with standard positioning too far away from the winger. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Verona have just brought on a player called Lasagna. That’s like Scotland having a player called Steak Pie. 

Nearly scored. Would that be a  lasagna topping. 

7 minutes ago, King prawn said:

7DD822E4-4B3F-490B-A44F-28A466222AB0.thumb.png.deaeb07b1f522b08f7e060396434ae9f.png

not sure what constitutes a duel on this app I use but you rarely see won 8, lost 1! 

10 paces, turn, then fire.    The boy's clearly leathal with a pistol. 

Pasquale for King

Playing RWB can only help his development and hopefully see him secure us a decent sell on fee in the next few years. 

Perth to Paisley
17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Playing RWB can only help his development and hopefully see him secure us a decent sell on fee in the next few years. 

I understand we are hoping to use the 'sell on fee' to fill in the corners. 😉🤥

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Perth to Paisley said:

I understand we are hoping to use the 'sell on fee' to fill in the corners. 😉🤥

Or finish the main stand 😱

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****