• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

jamboinglasgow

If you want to see the dumb mentality of Clarkes "he needs to serve his time first in U21s." Spain started a 17 year old Barcelona midfielder, Gavi, against Italy in the Nations League semi this week. Highest level the player had played internationally was U18, he has only had 7 competitive appearances for Barca. While that is a freakish appearance, it does show that talent is enough to get into one of the best teams in the world but in Scotland you have to stick to the system.

Malinga the Swinga

Having watched under 21's last night, Hickey wants to stay clear. Totally talentless and no guidance from coaches.

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If you want to see the dumb mentality of Clarkes "he needs to serve his time first in U21s." Spain started a 17 year old Barcelona midfielder, Gavi, against Italy in the Nations League semi this week. Highest level the player had played internationally was U18, he has only had 7 competitive appearances for Barca. While that is a freakish appearance, it does show that talent is enough to get into one of the best teams in the world but in Scotland you have to stick to the system.

Mate, Ben Woodburn. Ok he didnt kick on for one reason or another (but will now!) but came on the scene, did well and was put into what was a succesful Wales squad.

We're so slow up here. How long did it take to get Gilmour in the squad. To the extent he needed chucked in to try to save us with zero experience.

Its ridic and ither than under Berti, who had to bleed youth due to the nick Broon left us in, all the scotland managers have been the same

upgotheheads
59 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Having watched under 21's last night, Hickey wants to stay clear. Totally talentless and no guidance from coaches.

Agreed, they couldn't pass the ball 5 yards without putting the ball out of play or giving it to an opponent. The difference in technical ability last night was embarrassing.

• 2 weeks later...

Good old Barney near the end of the Lazio-Inter game last night. An Inter player was down injured but they kept on playing. They then lost the ball to Lazio who went upfield and scored. The Inter players then kicked off that Lazio hadn’t stopped the game.  

On 06/10/2021 at 20:29, Lfhearts said:

You talk some shit, Nisbet is in coz we are light up front, but he is not a bad player,

Gauld is a midfield player we have Gilmour, McGregor, McTominay and McGinn as starters, throw in Armstrong/Christie and Jack of Rangers if he gets fit again, he is just not going to get in, as for Hickey he is a left back at moment, we have Tierney and Robertson he is not at their level, but let's hope he gets there.

Nisbet is shite.

On 08/10/2021 at 10:35, jamboinglasgow said:

a little closer to home look at saka and england. he got his debut for the england u21s septemeber 2020, on 1st october was called up to full squad and played v wales. now he has 13 games for england and 3 goals.

Guest ToqueJambo

So if I have this right, Celtic had a sell-on clause which kicked in when we sold Hickey to Bologna. We included a sell-on clause of our own in that deal, and Celtic won't see a penny of that?

August Landmesser
20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So if I have this right, Celtic had a sell-on clause which kicked in when we sold Hickey to Bologna. We included a sell-on clause of our own in that deal, and Celtic won't see a penny of that?

That's how I understand it. Surely a normal sell-on clause works like;

Player goes from team A to team B, team A inserts an x% sell-on clause.

Player then goes from B to C. Team B inserts a Y% clause

A gets x% of the B to C money, but then when the player goes from C to D, A is not involved, and B gets  Y%.

That's what I'd hope we have with Bologna - we are team B and Bologna are C in this scenario, Villa/Man City/Saudi FC are team D.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

That's how I understand it. Surely a normal sell-on clause works like;

Player goes from team A to team B, team A inserts an x% sell-on clause.

Player then goes from B to C. Team B inserts a Y% clause

A gets x% of the B to C money, but then when the player goes from C to D, A is not involved, and B gets  Y%.

That's what I'd hope we have with Bologna - we are team B and Bologna are C in this scenario, Villa/Man City/Saudi FC are team D.

I think the player can also ask for part of the sell on fee to go to the old teams, I’m sure Dirk Kuyts first team got a cut of every move and built a stand with it. Quick Boys who got £300k when he moved to Liverpool from Feyenoord who bought him for €1m from Utrecht. 
St Mirren are also due 30% of the 15% sell on fee Hibs negotiated for John McGinns move to Villa. 
In the summer when Celtic were reported to be looking at signing him the press didn’t seem to know if we had put a sell on clause in the contract, let’s hope so. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

We don't know. They could have a clause that says they receive a percentage of any transfer fees Hearts receive for Hickey. So any money we get for Hickey, whether it was the initial £1.5 mill or any fees received in future, they could be due a cut off. Personally, I think that is the most likely scenario. 

10 hours ago, Norm said:

We don't know. They could have a clause that says they receive a percentage of any transfer fees Hearts receive for Hickey. So any money we get for Hickey, whether it was the initial £1.5 mill or any fees received in future, they could be due a cut off. Personally, I think that is the most likely scenario. 

It’s the normal contract situation these days if a sell-on is included. Makes sense as well. If Devlin for instance was to go on and play for Blackburn, then Wolves, then Liverpool I’d want a share of each fee for us. 

Guest ToqueJambo
16 hours ago, Norm said:

Has that happened in reality though? Seems a complicated clause. Is it for every move forever? Is it always the same %? Have Celtic done that with van Djik for example if he moves again? Can't see many teams agreeing to that.

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Has that happened in reality though? Seems a complicated clause. Is it for every move forever? Is it always the same %? Have Celtic done that with van Djik for example if he moves again? Can't see many teams agreeing to that.

It's actually quite a simple clause.

The selling club will take xx% of any fee for player X that buying club receives.

The contract is only ever between these two clubs - the player's future clubs are irrelevant. There could be 1; could be 20. The clause is the same.

As soon as one club sells player X though and doesn't insert a sell-on clause, the money stops as the chain is broken. There are no more fees to get diluted.

Edited by spacerjoe

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

It's actually quite a simple clause.

The selling club will take xx% of any fee for player X that buying club receives.

The contract is only ever between these two clubs - the player's future clubs are irrelevant. There could be 1; could be 20. The clause is the same.

As soon as one club sells player X though and doesn't insert a sell-on clause the money stops as the chain is broken. There are no more fees to get diluted.

Are there any examples of Scottish clubs. Players often move for big money several times and it's always a press story here if a team stands to get a windfall. I can't think of any examples.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Are there any examples of Scottish clubs. Players often move for big money several times and it's always a press story here if a team stands to get a windfall. I can't think of any examples.

I would imagine that it's not that common for the sell-on clauses to continue after the first big sale.

I doubt if an EPL team bought Hickey for 10M say, that they would allow a sell-on for Bologna.

So we're very unlikely to receive more than one sell-on fee for him.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, spacerjoe said:

I would imagine that it's not that common for the sell-on clauses to continue after the first big sale.

I doubt if an EPL team bought Hickey for 10M say, that they would allow a sell-on for Bologna.

So we're very unlikely to receive more than one sell-on fee for him.

Doesn't that mean Celtic is also unlikely to receive anything else?

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Doesn't that mean Celtic is also unlikely to receive anything else?

Correct. They would only get a cut of our cut.

Its a bit like that film Inception.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Without using Google I think Queens Park got money when Andy Robertson went to Hull from D. Utd. No idea if they continued to grt anything from a sell on when he went to Liverpool? 

Sorry doesn't help as the Hull money is just ordinary sell on fee. Anyone know if they got money from Liverpool move? 

Edited by XB52

VAR 2nd red for Bologna after coming back to 2-2.

(same foul ignored by VAR in England today Wolves player Saiss) 

Hickey subbed off in aftermath as Bologna make 3 changes.

Edited by Mikey1874

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Starting ahead of Dijks again. Thats a pretty major achievement as isn’t djiks very highly rated?

Not good enough to cover r and l in the back line for the scotland squad though…. Tierneys injury might mean a chance though. Or does clarke not even know hickey exists?

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Starting ahead of Dijks again. Thats a pretty major achievement as isn’t djiks very highly rated?

Not good enough to cover r and l in the back line for the scotland squad though…. Tierneys injury might mean a chance though. Or does clarke not even know hickey exists?

Nah, Dijks is shite. 

Perth to Paisley

Another 80 mins against top opposition under his belt 

Bologna well beaten though.

Aaron not at fault for any of the goals.

Showed decent composure.

42 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Another 80 mins against top opposition under his belt 

Bologna well beaten though.

Aaron not at fault for any of the goals.

Showed decent composure.

He could maybe have reacted slightly quicker to the very poor pass that put him and Bologna in trouble for the first goal. I agree that he is looking composed. Could become a great player. I’ve noticed in the last few games his side of the defence seems quite secure - it’s on the other flank that they have most of the problems.

Perth to Paisley
57 minutes ago, leginten said:

He could maybe have reacted slightly quicker to the very poor pass that put him and Bologna in trouble for the first goal. I agree that he is looking composed. Could become a great player. I’ve noticed in the last few games his side of the defence seems quite secure - it’s on the other flank that they have most of the problems.

The right side if defence is marginally worse. Their defensive record on the whole is quite poor but they take a high risk/cavalier approach to it.

Not sure about you but I tend to watch a Bologna game watching him much more than I watch the overall team (easier when he wore red boots 😉)

I/we also tend to be hyper critical as I/we want him to do well.

He has exceeded my expectations this soon into his calcio career

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****