**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

HeartsandonlyHearts
36 minutes ago, naeclue said:

Hickey is 2 footed, he’d do a great job at right back for Scotland someday soon.

Great strike, even if goalie looked dodgy. Past him before he realised it.

Goalie was Reina. Has history against the famous.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

He is only 19 though, and playing in Serie A.  Who knows how his career will progress in the next 2 or 3 years.  When Robertson was 19 he was nowhere near playing at the level that Hickey is currently.

Robertson has always had pace, great fitness and delivery which allows him to go toe to toe against quick opposition and recover, as well as the ability to cause problems going forward. 

Hickey may have great technical attributes but he doesn't have great pace so he has a lot to learn positionally to compensate for that. I watched him v Inter and Denzel Dumfries had him on toast mate, Mijhalovic mercy subbed him because he was getting whipped. He's miles away at the moment. 

31 minutes ago, naeclue said:

Hickey is 2 footed, he’d do a great job at right back for Scotland someday soon.

Great strike, even if goalie looked dodgy. Past him before he realised it.

RB is probably his best bet just now but Patterson at Rangers and Ramsey at Aberdeen also have potential to play at a good level and they are natural RB's. I'm sure he will win caps for Scotland but his opportunities might be limited at full back if those two go on to better things and with Robertson & Tierney still with many years left in them. I've personally always thought he'd have been better in Central Midfield as he's got the technical attributes to play there. 

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Sorry if this is already been confirmed but do we definitely have a sell on clause?

Who confirmed that we do?

Thanks.

Barry Anderson confirmed it a few weeks ago, though he was unsure if it was 15% or 20%

3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Barry Anderson confirmed it a few weeks ago, though he was unsure if it was 15% or 20%

That's great - thanks.

Hopefully someone with deep pockets is prepared to throw some serious cash at him.

Do we owe any to Celtic if he is sold again or is that finished with?

jamboinglasgow
Just now, cosanostra said:

That's great - thanks.

Hopefully someone with deep pockets is prepared to throw some serious cash at him.

Do we owe any to Celtic if he is sold again or is that finished with?

unfortunately, Celtic would still be entitled to whatever percentage they had before (was it 30%?) from any money we get from a sell on.

15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

unfortunately, Celtic would still be entitled to whatever percentage they had before (was it 30%?) from any money we get from a sell on.

Can I ask how?

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Homme said:

Can I ask how?

I might be completely wrong, but sell on fees apply to any income that comes in for a player. So Celtic's sell on fee applies to any money Hearts make from Hickey, be it the initial fee or any money Hearts make from a sell on clause with Bologna if Bolonga sell him. If Bologna sold him with their own sell on fee, then it can mean a further amount coming to Hearts later if he is sold again.

It is the same with John McGinn and St Mirren. If Aston Villa sell him, then Hibs make a cut (as per sell on fee) and St Mirren get a cut of that money (as per their sell on fee with Hibs when he move there.)

23 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I might be completely wrong, but sell on fees apply to any income that comes in for a player. So Celtic's sell on fee applies to any money Hearts make from Hickey, be it the initial fee or any money Hearts make from a sell on clause with Bologna if Bolonga sell him. If Bologna sold him with their own sell on fee, then it can mean a further amount coming to Hearts later if he is sold again.

It is the same with John McGinn and St Mirren. If Aston Villa sell him, then Hibs make a cut (as per sell on fee) and St Mirren get a cut of that money (as per their sell on fee with Hibs when he move there.)

I believe st mirren had a sell on clause so when Hibs sold him they would receive a %, if McGinn moves on again they get nothing. 

So for Hickey Celtic got 30% or whatever of the move to Bologna but are entitled to nothing if he moves again

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Withdrawn from u21 squad.  Won’t endear him to Clarke. 

Why do you say that? McTominay for example is back after injury. 

August Landmesser
32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That's a shame - makes my mind up for me about going to the U21s game at Tynie though, a night in the hoose it is!

16 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Clarke suggested at the weekend that he isn’t in the senior squad because he hasn’t served his time in u21 squad. 

August Landmesser
50 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Clarke suggested at the weekend that he isn’t in the senior squad because he hasn’t served his time in u21 squad. 

What a tedious mindset from Clarke.

No son, I know you're a regular starter and scorer in Serie A, but you huv tae prove you can play alongside wee laddies in front of 1500 people before you get near the Scotland team.

55 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

…or played for either of the uglies🙄

1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

No son, I know you're a regular starter and scorer in Serie A, but you huv tae prove you can play alongside wee laddies in front of 1500 people before you get near the Scotland team.

Exactly this! Utter pish!

jamboinglasgow
56 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

to be fair to Clarke (though I completely disagree with him) it seems to be the mentality of the SFA. Players have to work their way up through each team, promoting them above what they have played is not allowed. 

You would think the way we act with young talented players that there is a huge amount of talented Scottish players.

upgotheheads
On 05/10/2021 at 00:10, jamboinglasgow said:

Interesting and I hope that's the case. Didn't Hearts get him for nothing from Celtic, just the sell-on fee as compensation?

It would make for interesting maths if he moves for a fee a couple of more times in the future,  with sell-ons each time.

At 20%;

£10 million, our sell-on £2million of which £600k to Celtic (at 30%),

Next move £100million; £20million to sellers, £4million to us, £1.2 million to Celtic.

Still a good bit of business, and yes I'm being optimistic, just making it up, and my maths might be wrong anyway.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
57 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

to be fair to Clarke (though I completely disagree with him) it seems to be the mentality of the SFA. Players have to work their way up through each team, promoting them above what they have played is not allowed. 

You would think the way we act with young talented players that there is a huge amount of talented Scottish players.

If there was a chance of dual nationality he’d be in like a shot

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, scottg71 said:

If Hickey has any sense he won't get involved in playing for Scotland.

If he has any sort of niggle he certainly shouldn't risk any injury playing for the U21s. In fact I am not sure he should play for them full stop. Despite the "serving his time" nonsense (a rather appropriate phrase when it comes to the Scotland set up) if he continues to make progress at his current rate he will get full caps in time.

3 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Clarke certainly fits in at the SFA with this mentality.He's too busy rewarding his pals/favourites who are ageing than to focus on the upcoming talent.

Shame the review Hearts and co are pushing only covers the SPFL and not the entire SFA set up and dinosaurs reeking the place out.

On 05/10/2021 at 00:10, jamboinglasgow said:

I think you are 100% wrong, never heard of this ever, indeed you can't enforce that at all legally if you think about it at all. Tic have had their cut  they are totally out of the loop now, it's all about Hearts alone re any sell on from here re his next move if any from Bologna...

jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I think you are 100% wrong, never heard of this ever, indeed you can't enforce that at all legally if you think about it at all. Tic have had their cut  they are totally out of the loop now, it's all about Hearts alone re any sell on from here re his next move if any from Bologna...

This an article about St Mirren getting money if McGinn is sold by Villa because of the sell on clause with Hibs they have 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/st-mirren-set-earn-huge-24388414

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

This an article about St Mirren getting money if McGinn is sold by Villa because of the sell on clause with Hibs they have 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/st-mirren-set-earn-huge-24388414

These things may well sim0ly be contractual and case by case i suppose.

"First" transfer income vs "all future" transfer income type thing

Even if Celtic didn't agree a cut of future sell on fees when we signed him, they could still get a percentage of a future transfer fee, depending on if/when Bologna sell him. The FIFA Solidarity and Compensation payments rule ensures that any team that he was at between the ages of 12 and 21 get a cut of transfer fees up to the end of the year they turn 23 (https://www.fai.ie/domestic/governance/fifa-solidarity-and-compensation-payments). I believe he was 15 when we signed him, so Celtic would get 5% of the transfer fee if Bologna sell him before the end of 2025. They would only get more than that if a percentage of future sell on fees was specified in the contract when we signed him.

6 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

He hasn’t shown a lot of interest in playing for Scotland at any level so far to be honest. 

Jambo na hÉireann

Anyone with a good knowledge of Italian football have any idea where he might be headed next if he keeps this up? If staying in Italy, presumably 

FarmerTweedy
On 05/10/2021 at 00:35, Madjambo21 said:

I believe st mirren had a sell on clause so when Hibs sold him they would receive a %, if McGinn moves on again they get nothing. 

So for Hickey Celtic got 30% or whatever of the move to Bologna but are entitled to nothing if he moves again

It depends entirely on the terms of the deal agreed between Hearts and celtic, and nobody on jkb will know for sure, but it's highly likely that celtic will be due their percentage of all monies Hearts receive for Hickey, and likewise with St liedown, h1b5 and McGinn. If the first selling club was only entitled to a percentage of the initial fee the buying club received when it became a selling club, it would open the door for all sorts of shenanigans! 

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Of course it can be enforced legally, if that's what Hearts and celtic agreed. 

27 minutes ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

Anyone with a good knowledge of Italian football have any idea where he might be headed next if he keeps this up? If staying in Italy, presumably 

Fiorentina were reportedly keen in the summer. As far as I know they never actually signed another left back so may look to do something in January or next summer. If he went there I'd imagine he'd be back up to Biraghi initially so staying with Bologna might be the better option for him. 

All depends on the contracts so unless anyone knows the deal we signed with Celtic back in the day then it's pure guesswork.

48 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He hasn’t shown a lot of interest in playing for Scotland at any level so far to be honest. 

Plenty time. Better latte than never

August Landmesser
53 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I don't blame him tbf!

David McCaig
3 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

I don't blame him tbf!

The way Scotland have treated him he would be as well waiting a couple of years and getting an Italian passport. 

13 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The way Scotland have treated him he would be as well waiting a couple of years and getting an Italian passport. 

Its not that daft an idea, is it?

47 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Looking at the overseas players in general eg Ryan Gauld it does seem to be you need to be exceptional. Say compared to mediocre Scotland based players like Nisbet. 

2 or 3 years time it might be impossible to leave him out. But maybe he might prefer to have the breaks. Not sure what residency is now but it isn't long. Don't know if he has any grandparents with other nationalities. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Residency to play for Itay is now 5 years under revised FIFA rules

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en-ae/amp/news/why-footballers-change-international-teams-eligibility-rules-new-/qzqdkqcx0x871eprs8yywafpz

27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looking at the overseas players in general eg Ryan Gauld it does seem to be you need to be exceptional. Say compared to mediocre Scotland based players like Nisbet. 

2 or 3 years time it might be impossible to leave him out. But maybe he might prefer to have the breaks. Not sure what residency is now but it isn't long. Don't know if he has any grandparents with other nationalities. 

You talk some shit, Nisbet is in coz we are light up front, but he is not a bad player,

Gauld is a midfield player we have Gilmour, McGregor, McTominay and McGinn as starters, throw in Armstrong/Christie and Jack of Rangers if he gets fit again, he is just not going to get in, as for Hickey he is a left back at moment, we have Tierney and Robertson he is not at their level, but let's hope he gets there.

28 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

You talk some shit, Nisbet is in coz we are light up front, but he is not a bad player,

Gauld is a midfield player we have Gilmour, McGregor, McTominay and McGinn as starters, throw in Armstrong/Christie and Jack of Rangers if he gets fit again, he is just not going to get in, as for Hickey he is a left back at moment, we have Tierney and Robertson he is not at their level, but let's hope he gets there.

Correct on all counts. 

21 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I hold my hands up and apologise, sorry for the misinformation in my retort! I have never heard of sell on's continuing, rolling on outwith the first transfer from the club that bought the player first off, that is utterly bizarre, if its true that is, that link and rag would have a 50% success rate at guessing in such matters at best 🙃

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

I hold my hands up and apologise, sorry for the misinformation in my retort! I have never heard of sell on's continuing, rolling on outwith the first transfer from the club that bought the player first off, that is utterly bizarre, if its true that is, that link and rag would have a 50% success rate at guessing in such matters at best 🙃

No worries, if I hadn't seen it before I would have not believed it. 

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****