All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

Saw a few queries about tomorrow's game. As per the initial update on the streaming for this campaign, it will be shown live for season ticket holders - with pictures. PPV isn't an option though, due to it being live on the BBC (pointed out by ToqueJambo above). International subs will get their usual stream and UK subs who aren't season ticket holders will have an audio only option. 

Official communication/update should be out from the club today. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

6 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Saw a few queries about tomorrow's game. As per the initial update on the streaming for this campaign, it will be shown live for season ticket holders - with pictures. PPV isn't an option though, due to it being live on the BBC (pointed out by ToqueJambo above). International subs will get their usual stream and UK subs who aren't season ticket holders will have an audio only option. 

Nice one Laurie. Will definitely be tuning into Hearts TV over the BBC. 

31 minutes ago, Mort said:

Nice one Laurie. Will definitely be tuning into Hearts TV over the BBC. 

There you go then. I was wrong in my assumption. So, I’ve got a choice where to watch it. 

STILL no response from the club which is absolutely appalling. 

I guarantee they are waiting until tomorrow's game with Dundee has ben shown so they can say sorry, you've already had 1 game off your season tickets so no refund will be given. 

Absolute shambles of a situation. Club are ripping the piss out of loyal customers and treating them as mug punters.

I have asked them to confirm we will not b disadvantaged if they respond after the Dundee game has been broadcast but no response to that either. 

55 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Any word on when they'll respond to genuine queries and concerns from season ticket holders?

4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Any word on when they'll respond to genuine queries and concerns from season ticket holders?

Not something I could help with I'm afraid, are these queries that have been sent to the club I assume? 

10 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Not something I could help with I'm afraid, are these queries that have been sent to the club I assume? 

Yes, by myself and numerous others. Hopefully a response today however won't hold my breath...

Cheers. 

32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

There you go then. I was wrong in my assumption. So, I’ve got a choice where to watch it. 

Seems I was as well. Surprised that the BBC have allowed this as their viewing figures for the game will clearly take a significant hit. Doesn't change my view that charging me £25 to watch a game on TV that is already available free-to-air is ridiculous. But there clearly are some fans that would prefer to watch it on Hearts TV so a good move by the club to at least offer it on both. 

7 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Seems I was as well. Surprised that the BBC have allowed this as their viewing figures for the game will clearly take a significant hit. Doesn't change my view that charging me £25 to watch a game on TV that is already available free-to-air is ridiculous. But there clearly are some fans that would prefer to watch it on Hearts TV so a good move by the club to at least offer it on both. 

I imagine the BBC view is that most ST holders would have been at the game anyway so their audience should be no less than usual.  A lot of folk ( me included ) will also watch them rather than bother logging into the stream. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I imagine the BBC view is that most ST holders would have been at the game anyway so their audience should be no less than usual.  A lot of folk ( me included ) will also watch them rather than bother logging into the stream. 

Fair points.

😉 Surely Hearts supporters will watch it on Heartstvpass ... after all the furore over clubs voting to expel Hearts from the premier, how could anybody consider watching it on the BBC and support an organisation that pays the SPFL for its broadcasting rights, and these payments are then distributed and shared with Hearts rivals including the likes of Dundee?
😉 Never give them a maroon penny 😉 

♥️ Never forget, Only Hearts ♥️ 

29 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Yes, by myself and numerous others. Hopefully a response today however won't hold my breath...

Cheers. 

Alternatively accept that you've helped the club during a pandemic

My pass didn't work for PT game but I can log in now so hopefully others that had problems are now sorted.

Edited by DETTY29

the sub goalie
4 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Would the same generosity be provided by the club if a season ticket holder has lost their job during the pandemic and was unable to afford payments?

As a support, we have stood up when it has counted imo, went above and beyond to assist during some dark and difficult times.

I have paid for 3 season tickets in my home, as I have done for many years.  I won't be seeking a refund, however I have no issue with anyone that does.  I am fairly disgruntled with the lack of communication from the club, we deserve better.

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

😉 Surely Hearts supporters will watch it on Heartstvpass ... after all the furore over clubs voting to expel Hearts from the premier, how could anybody consider watching it on the BBC and support an organisation that pays the SPFL for its broadcasting rights, and these payments are then distributed and shared with Hearts rivals including the likes of Dundee?

It's the licence fee that pays the SPFL not just the folk watching the game on the BBC.

BBC watchers will likely be 30 seconds or so ahead in watching on usual way - Freeview, BT, VM,SKY.

So can you all stream on iPlayer instead if you don't take Hearts pass option.

Wonder which avenue will have best fake crowd noises? 

Edited by DETTY29

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

So you are saying that you never watch BBC TV at all because it pays money to the SPFL?  I suppose the same goes for Sky? I also assume you never purchase anything from any other business that sponsors in any way any of the other SPFL club?  I admire your stance, but in my world I was stupid enough to believe the club and its guarantee, but that wouldn't persuade me to take a chance by watching a streaming on a small screen and which may be interrupted by buffering and connectivity issues.  I for one will be watching it, Jimmy Sandison free, on BBC. 

20 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Hearts and Dundee get a pittance.

Celtic and Rangers gain more for this game than the 30 non Premiership teams combined.

Edit - as will Hibs and Aberdeen earn more combined.

Edited by DETTY29

5 minutes ago, the sub goalie said:

Would the same generosity be provided by the club if a season ticket holder has lost their job during the pandemic and was unable to afford payments?

As a support, we have stood up when it has counted imo, went above and beyond to assist during some dark and difficult times.

I have paid for 3 season tickets in my home, as I have done for many years.  I won't be seeking a refund, however I have no issue with anyone that does.  I am fairly disgruntled with the lack of communication from the club, we deserve better.

Correct. 4 ST's here so I have reluctantly asked for a refund for 2 adult season tickets.  VERY reasonable considering the circumstances. 

9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

My pass didn't work for PT game but I can log in now so hopefully others that had problems is now sorted.

mine sorted as well

5 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Nothing between the ears. 

Mature quote. What do you expect the club to do? Give refunds? Honour the guarantee given in good faith in April when it was thought maybe fans would be back by October? You could then moan about having a shit squad this season and next.

The money's gone. You either accept that and don't renew next year. Constant moaning is just a bore

The Treasurer
15 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

BBC watchers will likely be 30 seconds or so ahead in watching on usual way - Freeview, BT, VM,SKY.

So can you all stream on iPlayer instead if you don't take Hearts pass option.

Wonder which avenue will have best fake crowd noises? 

Crowd noise at Tynecastle is through the stadium PA system, at the request of Robbie, as he thinks it helps the players rather than silence

Edited by The Treasurer

14 minutes ago, graygo said:

It's the licence fee that pays the SPFL not just the folk watching the game on the BBC.

It’s the principle and maintaining the moral high ground that’s important!

Clearly my post was tongue in cheek there was enough 😉 s to show that.

However perhaps it was subconsciously motivated by those that ‘vocally’ opposed watching vs Cowdenbeath on Hearts PPV!

wattie exploited
35 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

there is a difference between helping the club and the club taking the piss !

pardon the pun but Exploitation comes to mind here !

its unbelievable that they havent  replyed  on this matter about people paying for several ST and watching a stream !!!!!!!:rifle: 

22 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

mine sorted as well

Stupid question but where do you get your username from?  is it off the ST or is it the e-ticket one?

Pasquale for King
On 30/09/2020 at 08:29, tynietigers said:

I get that some fans feel they are not getting their money’s worth but Hearts are in exactly the same position as every other club. H1b5 have 11 thousand fans watching their team on TV at the moment and they were meant to be in the stadiums and also have multiple season tickets to a household Rangers nearly have 50 thousand and both these teams have been on TV virtually every week. There is no easy answer to any of this as I’m sure all clubs wanted fans in by now.

The laddie that cut my hair mentioned the Hibs fans moaning about their games being on tv, I told him it was because we weren’t there so they were the stand ins 😆
A few folk complaining about the game being free on the BBC, I must’ve imagined paying my licence fee for it 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

17 minutes ago, henryheart said:

So you are saying that you never watch BBC TV at all because it pays money to the SPFL?  I suppose the same goes for Sky? I also assume you never purchase anything from any other business that sponsors in any way any of the other SPFL club?  I admire your stance, but in my world I was stupid enough to believe the club and its guarantee, but that wouldn't persuade me to take a chance by watching a streaming on a small screen and which may be interrupted by buffering and connectivity issues.  I for one will be watching it, Jimmy Sandison free, on BBC. 

Lighten up Henry ..... it’s just a bit of fun highlighting the moral dilemmas currently facing the supporters ie away boycotts, VPNs, STs platinum, STs more than one in the household, HeartsPPV for away games, Carabao Green Apple, etc.

I’m undecided on how to view tomorrow;

1. CH 457 beeb Scotland on Sky box (easy option!)

vs

2. Bring laptop downstairs, log in to hearts pass, HDMI cable to TV (logistically more challenging) and count those loyalty points!

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Stupid question but where do you get your username from?  is it off the ST or is it the e-ticket one?

It’s Texas-Andy-12345, then password is 12345 or whatever your customer reference number is. The more I repeat it the more chance there is I won’t forget like last time 😆🙈

9 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Mature quote. What do you expect the club to do? Give refunds? Honour the guarantee given in good faith in April when it was thought maybe fans would be back by October? You could then moan about having a shit squad this season and next.

The money's gone. You either accept that and don't renew next year. Constant moaning is just a bore

What do you expect the club to do? Give refunds? If that's what people want, then yes. That is what any good business with a customer focus would do in these circumstances.

Honour the guarantee given in good faith in April when it was thought maybe fans would be back by October?  Is it unreasonable to expect honesty and integrity? 

You could then moan about having a shit squad this season and next. There are clubs with much smaller budgets doing much better than us, thanks very much. It is not our fault that those in charge pay big wages to underperforming players.

You either accept that and don't renew next year. There is always that danger, and the club should be aware of that. 

Constant moaning is just a bore. It may be boring, but when people have genuine concerns that are being blanked by an organisation with its head in the sand then what do you expect? 

5 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

it is your name on your season ticket along with the customer number.

i.e. if you are jim smith and your customer number is 123456 your user name is jim-smith-123456, the password is your customer id

12 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I get your last paragraph but the first one makes no practical sense to me. If they did provide a stream then I imagine many would see it as a bit of a cynical ploy, given everyone ( bar a very small minority I would think ) has the means of viewing the game on their telly, or other device, anyway.

I dont have a TV licence so (theoretically) can't watch on BBC so if Hearts don't stream it I would either have to try and watch illegally or ask for another game credit on next year's ST.

Edit. Should have read the whole thread! HeartsTV (legally) for me!

Edited by Poseidon

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Lighten up Henry ..... it’s just a bit of fun highlighting the moral dilemmas currently facing the supporters ie away boycotts, VPNs, STs platinum, STs more than one in the household, HeartsPPV for away games, Carabao Green Apple, etc.

I’m undecided on how to view tomorrow;

1. CH 457 beeb Scotland on Sky box (easy option!)

vs

2. Bring laptop downstairs, log in to hearts pass, HDMI cable to TV (logistically more challenging) and count those loyalty points!

Sorry to have misinterpreted you - I'm neither young nor IT savvy so I don't understand the insinuation of these wee faces; as for connecting a laptop to a TV, and channel 457, I have no idea what this is. 

1 minute ago, henryheart said:

Sorry to have misinterpreted you - I'm neither young nor IT savvy so I don't understand the insinuation of these wee faces; as for connecting a laptop to a TV, and channel 457, I have no idea what this is. 

No problem, wherever, using whatever and however we watch all that matters is a Hearts victory and the first three points of the season! Enjoy the match!

52 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Crowd noise at Tynecastle is through the stadium PA system, at the request of Robbie, as he thinks it helps the players rather than silence

Ta.

39 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I dont have a TV licence so (theoretically) can't watch on BBC so if Hearts don't stream it I would either have to try and watch illegally or ask for another game credit on next year's ST.

Edit. Should have read the whole thread! HeartsTV (legally) for me!

Expect a detector van at your door. 😄

1 hour ago, scottg71 said:

!0th July.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, scottg71 said:

The money isn’t gone, legally at this point they have to give a refund if you want one. The guarantee was in May, we had sold under 6k STs, which almost doubled after Levein/Macphee eventually left the club. The club once again misjudged the feelings of the fans, didn’t realise that many would renew after those two were away and rushed out a guarantee that was always unlikely to happen, remember they budgeted for having no fans in grounds in the following weeks after. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Big screen 

TV license paid meantime for now. 

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

it is your name on your season ticket along with the customer number.

i.e. if you are jim smith and your customer number is 123456 your user name is jim-smith-123456, the password is your customer id

Great thanks.  I just realised I was being a dick and forgetting that i use my Sunday name on my ST (Andrew instead of Andy!!)

Matter needs addressed urgently . Im not interested in streamed games (2 season ticket house). Emailed club asking for games to be deferred but heard nothing.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I’ve no doubt FOH will be fighting for clarity tooth and nail, on behalf of the thousands who have purchased and who fund the club every month.

1 hour ago, henryheart said:

What do you expect the club to do? Give refunds? If that's what people want, then yes. That is what any good business with a customer focus would do in these circumstances.

Honour the guarantee given in good faith in April when it was thought maybe fans would be back by October?  Is it unreasonable to expect honesty and integrity? 

You could then moan about having a shit squad this season and next. There are clubs with much smaller budgets doing much better than us, thanks very much. It is not our fault that those in charge pay big wages to underperforming players.

You either accept that and don't renew next year. There is always that danger, and the club should be aware of that. 

Constant moaning is just a bore. It may be boring, but when people have genuine concerns that are being blanked by an organisation with its head in the sand then what do you expect? 

I’ll simplify my point of view. Any hearts fan wanting money returned isn’t a supporter. 

2 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

I’ll simplify my point of view. Any hearts fan wanting money returned isn’t a supporter. 

The Foundation of Hearts have a number of pledgers who do so by Standing Order, purely because they don't have an email address, internet or both.

If they are also ST holders, the club have effectively sold them something that they are unable to use. If they ask for a refund they "aren't a Hearts supporter"?

wattie exploited
26 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’ve no doubt FOH will be fighting for clarity tooth and nail, on behalf of the thousands who have purchased and who fund the club every month.

if  they are they aren't doing a very good job of it the silence is deafening still really disappointed in the hearts board with this really seem to be exploiting some of the fans here :rifle:

Edited by wattie exploited

wattie exploited
22 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

:wtfvlad: says you 

Dagger Is Back

U13 and U16 still not being given access in their own rights or is it just my daughter?

Don't see why they shouldn't get access. Might be useful for some families when parent/child aren't together at match time