All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

Berra than you
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

So if you want to stream a game you must sign up for all of them ? 

You can't just select what games you want to steam and get voucher for the games you don't stream ? 

Think that's right 

Yeah that's what I took from it. I believe that's fair aswell, as that is the case with an "ordinary" season ticket. Also protects the club from fans saying they don't want to watch tonight's game for example, as it's on BBC.

Edited by Berra than you

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

SectionFJambo

The club have taken weeks to do what should have been done originally. The reasons for the delay are just fluff.

They will in no doubt find they lose out due to the delays as more people will go for the "worst" option for the club.

The offering is also slightly worse in now that cup games are being thrown in you may get no carry forward. For the more premium season tickets they are being offered far les back than the per game cost.

The fact streaming is an all or nothing approach probably impacts my thinking too.

Need to have a read through and decide how to proceed as it's ridiculously  overly complex however I'm still not sure it's that great an option nor do I really take a half hearted apology filled with excuses as a genuine effort.

I also think the timing is a bit late - give fans hours to make a decision as anyone who streams tonight will have committed to that. Not sure it's anything to do with they had to leave it this late and more to do with they are hoping thousands stream tonight and commit to their favored option before they realise what that means. 

I paid £360 for my ST. That's 20 quid per game. The statement talks about Bronze/Silver/Gold being 15 quid per game. I can't see the details of how I get my £90 refund. That must be in the upcoming detailed statement that is mentioned.

joondalupjambo

"Please note that opting to access live streams is a season-long commitment and as such, if a live stream of a home game is available then it will form part of your 18-game season ticket".

Ok so to me the word opting means I need to do something, is that right?  How do we do that then?  

I do not want any cash or vouchers back as it happens and this is the only bit of the statement that confused me.  I want to stream games and let the club have all my money.

15 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

So in effect, you can choose to effectively donate your ST cost in return for (a) live streaming of games, (b) vouchers to spend in the shop or (c) hospitality at Tynie. So Hearts still get all of your cash.

It isn't clear but I think from Budge's statement (although not clear in the link to the alternative value package) you can request a refund if not happy with options (a), (b) and (c) above.

I'll be leaving the cash with the club as a donation and take the live streaming. The club desperately needs the cash right now.

Absolutely. I’d hope that those who can afford to do so will do likewise but I appreciate everyone’s circumstances are different. 

I’m not quite sure about how the mechanism for opting in or out of streaming works. Anybody understand. 

If somebody in my household doesn’t want to stream and instead roll forward their credit do they just sit on their hands tonight? 

if they’ve already streamed the Partick match does this have an impact?

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez
4 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Yeah that's what I took from it. I believe that's fair aswell, as that is the case with an "ordinary" season ticket. Also protects the club from fans saying they don't want to watch tonight's game for example, as it's on BBC.

tonight’s game won’t be streamed though as it’s selected for live TV. Therefore, it won’t be included in your 18 games (I think.....)

fabienleclerq

I'm pleased the club has finally addressed this, and I'm now more inclined to just take the stream now. 

Can someone confirm if I only watch 10 streams is the rest a credit? Or is it all in if I watch one? 

And I assume my sons u13 ticket I just get for free next season? 

SectionFJambo
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

I paid £360 for my ST. That's 20 quid per game. The statement talks about Bronze/Silver/Gold being 15 quid per game. I can't see the details of how I get my £90 refund. That must be in the upcoming detailed statement that is mentioned.

That's how much you get back - basically you trade a £20 ticket for a £15 voucher (and the club pocket the other £5).

As I said overly complex and still attempts to pocket cash in an unclear underhanded manner.

Club really needs to learn how to treat fans and go with a nice clear transparent approach to how it behaves.

This could have been sorted with 4 options and a few lines;

1) You trade for streaming

2) You get carry forward

3) You trade for vouchers £ for £

4) Hybrid of the above 3

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

"Please note that opting to access live streams is a season-long commitment and as such, if a live stream of a home game is available then it will form part of your 18-game season ticket".

Ok so to me the word opting means I need to do something, is that right?  How do we do that then?  

I do not want any cash or vouchers back as it happens and this is the only bit of the statement that confused me.  I want to stream games and let the club have all my money.

In that case I imagine "opting" in would simply be by watching the streams. It think that is more aimed at people who don't want to watch.

Can you opt in after a couple of matches have been played? Could I watch bbc Scotland tonight, be busy for the arbroath match and then opt in? 

It's complicated enough for me, I could never have been an accountant.

As a platinum s/t it looks like I will get  9 credits if I watch all the streamed games.

I can either take the credits as vouchers for retail or hospitality, or carry them forward  as a discount for next season.

Have I got that remotely correct? If not I'm not too proud to be corrected.

I might take a voucher or two towards hospitality next season, or buy my grandchildren Hearts strips for Christmas, but otherwise I won't take advantage of any discount off my next s/t. I'll just be delighted if the Covid nightmare is over, I'm still here, and the club has survived in a healthy financial state.

So we are offering more than most clubs then or are people still moaning about a pandemic that is out of Budge/Hearts hands?

Here is a simple breakdown

May: People( clubs voted on it) believed we would get back into the stadium in time for kick off they released the season tickets.

September: No fault of Hearts, fans cant get back into the stadium we offer an alternative.

October: Hearts offer further alternatives 

I am looking around and I am not seeing many other clubs offering these alrternatives so well done Hearts.

SectionFJambo
1 minute ago, sum31uk said:

I’m not quite sure about how the mechanism for opting in or out of streaming works. Anybody understand. 

If somebody in my household doesn’t want to stream and instead roll forward their credit do they just sit on their hands tonight? 

if they’ve already streamed the Partick match does this have an impact?

They haven't answered this - one would question why. 

1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

In that case I imagine "opting" in would simply be by watching the streams. It think that is more aimed at people who don't want to watch.

Do the club have a sophisticated system that can work out if you’ve watched a stream or not? 

SectionFJambo
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

I'm pleased the club has finally addressed this, and I'm now more inclined to just take the stream now. 

Can someone confirm if I only watch 10 streams is the rest a credit? Or is it all in if I watch one? 

And I assume my sons u13 ticket I just get for free next season? 

No if you stream one you stream them all (including cup games now).

U13 ticket carries forward however any top up will be full price - i.e. if you attend a single game in person a full cost will need to be paid for the top up next year.

That's my reading.

Berra than you
Just now, sum31uk said:

Do the club have a sophisticated system that can work out if you’ve watched a stream or not? 

Not sure. That's why I imagine if you want to opt out you have to opt out. 

Just received an e-mail. No refund available for multi season ticket household however you can carry ALL 18 games over until you're allowed back in the stadium.

For the 2 ST's I was originally looking for a refund I will take the voucher option for hospitality at a later date.

Berra than you
4 minutes ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

tonight’s game won’t be streamed though as it’s selected for live TV. Therefore, it won’t be included in your 18 games (I think.....)

Tonight's game is being streamed on hearts tv

Gordon Ramsay

Think the club have done well here.

Offered plenty of alternatives that I doubt any other club would bother their arse to do. 

Hibs will probably say they are toiling, ask for the money back, sack a few more backroom staff then sign someone from St Mirren in January for a couple hundred grand. 

4 minutes ago, sum31uk said:

Can you opt in after a couple of matches have been played? Could I watch bbc Scotland tonight, be busy for the arbroath match and then opt in? 

Arbroath game is an away game. Not covered on season ticket.

There are no details on how you actually choose what option you want?! Less than 12 hours until the league season starts and all we have is a half thought out communication.

21 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

So in effect, you can choose to effectively donate your ST cost in return for (a) live streaming of games, (b) vouchers to spend in the shop or (c) hospitality at Tynie. So Hearts still get all of your cash.

It isn't clear but I think from Budge's statement (although not clear in the link to the alternative value package) you can request a refund if not happy with options (a), (b) and (c) above.

I'll be leaving the cash with the club as a donation and take the live streaming. The club desperately needs the cash right now.

It took a while in coming but I think this is a common sense approach & a decent compromise. Acknowledges the ridiculous level of price differentiation for streaming & protects the club's revenues at the same time. 

Hopefully, lessons learned going forward. 

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez
3 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Tonight's game is being streamed on hearts tv

apologies you are correct. 

they’ll be hoping for some home cup ties up the number of streamed games. 

Edited by Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

There are no details on how you actually choose what option you want?! Less than 12 hours until the league season starts and all we have is a half thought out communication.

I've had an email, if you start streaming you are all in for streams and if you want  to carry it over to next year email them to let them know. 

5 minutes ago, sum31uk said:

Presumably they'll detect your login via Hearts Pass? 

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

If you're logged into Hearts Tv tonight before the kick off then I assume that's you committed to the steaming option for the season I would imagine 

6 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

The club have taken weeks to do what should have been done originally. The reasons for the delay are just fluff.

They will in no doubt find they lose out due to the delays as more people will go for the "worst" option for the club.

The offering is also slightly worse in now that cup games are being thrown in you may get no carry forward. For the more premium season tickets they are being offered far les back than the per game cost.

The fact streaming is an all or nothing approach probably impacts my thinking too.

Need to have a read through and decide how to proceed as it's ridiculously  overly complex however I'm still not sure it's that great an option nor do I really take a half hearted apology filled with excuses as a genuine effort.

I also think the timing is a bit late - give fans hours to make a decision as anyone who streams tonight will have committed to that. Not sure it's anything to do with they had to leave it this late and more to do with they are hoping thousands stream tonight and commit to their favored option before they realise what that means. 

Bloody hell! 

We're in the middle of the weirdest situation that I can remember (I'm 71), governments and companies around the world are making it up as they go along because there's absolutely no operations manual for this, and you're complaining that Hearts have taken a few weeks to finalise  their policy. 

They've come up with a decent plan as far as I can see.

Could you have done better?

kingantti1874

Hopefully clear now that we have never tried to shaft anyone and how difficult a situation the club are in. 

Given the circumstances NO club in Scotland has done more.

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

I've had an email, if you start streaming you are all in for streams and if you want  to carry it over to next year email them to let them know. 

Really? I've checked mt junk mail and nothing in there either.

15 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

It's a trade off. If you really want a refund, I think the club would have to give you one. 

kingantti1874

Some of our fans are frankly unbearable whinge bags.

In fact I’m not having it that they are actually hearts fans.. moaning about how long it took.l 🤷‍♂️ Yeah they are trying to figure out how not to bankrupt the club you ****ing muppets.

what have the other 40 odd teams in Scotland done? Not a ****ing thing. 

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

In fact I’m not having it that they are actually hearts fans.. moaning about how long it took.l 🤷‍♂️ Yeah they are trying to figure out how not to bankrupt the club you ****ing muppets.

What other club promised 18 home games at their stadium? 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

:laugh: I agree 100%.

I decided to bite my tongue.

Just now, LMc said:

Stop pointing out facts.

My ST was initially a donation. The the club started reneging in a promise they made and that pissed me off. Even now the 'full value of my ST' adds up to 90 quid less than I paid!

My funds will be moving to a credit for next season. They'll still get my FOH money every month. But aye, kingannti says I'm no a real fan so I guess that must be the case.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Bit harsh.

Some have ploughed hundreds/thousands of pounds in to the club and, through lack of communication, thought they were going to be massively out of pocket due to trying to help the club...

Edit: actually your post was absolutely shite. Completely missed the point. 

Edited by AndyNic

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Correct.

Just now, AndyNic said:

Bit harsh.

Some have ploughed hundreds/thousands of pounds in to the club and, through lack of communication, thought they were going to be massively out of pocket due to trying to help the club...

I can understand some of the whinging before today's communication.

loveofthegame
14 minutes ago, iainmac said:

It took a while in coming but I think this is a common sense approach & a decent compromise. Acknowledges the ridiculous level of price differentiation for streaming & protects the club's revenues at the same time. 

Hopefully, lessons learned going forward. 

Yes my post doesn't get into the reasons for us being in this mess.... but hopefully some hard looking in the mirror at Budge Towers.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, LMc said:

don’t give a ****. The reality is- hearts have made that guarantee and honoured it,  the only club in Scotland to do so despite the huge financial burden it causes.

So called hearts SUPPORTERS who are still crying about not attending more than hibs, Aberdeen Celtic, Hamilton, 😂 Pathetic, a disgrace to the word support

If you are actually a supporter be grateful and take up whatever offer suits your circumstance best. i suspect most on here STILL complaining are not fans at all

19 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It's complicated enough for me, I could never have been an accountant.

As a platinum s/t it looks like I will get  9 credits if I watch all the streamed games.

I can either take the credits as vouchers for retail or hospitality, or carry them forward  as a discount for next season.

Have I got that remotely correct? If not I'm not too proud to be corrected.

I might take a voucher or two towards hospitality next season, or buy my grandchildren Hearts strips for Christmas, but otherwise I won't take advantage of any discount off my next s/t. I'll just be delighted if the Covid nightmare is over, I'm still here, and the club has survived in a healthy financial state.

Sounds about right.  Not going to complain, as like others see it as a write off anyway.  Now lets get behind the team. :) 

loveofthegame
7 minutes ago, LMc said:

The promise was 18 home games at Tynecastle Park. There was no mention of being present.

Agreed that, nonetheless, the promise was yet another stupid mistake from the club.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Bit harsh.

Edit: actually your post was absolutely shite. Completely missed the point. 

Talking of missing the point.. I’m referring to fans STILL complaining..