All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

Under the circumstances I feel we all need to take a hit.
The scenarios and options given mean that it’s a win win and a lose lose for all.
The Club is taking a hit by losing out on match day uplifts though catering etc. I’m taking a hit by not being able to go to games and enjoy the atmosphere of real match day football by being part of the crowd. 
The Club win by being able to make to most out of what monies we are raising. I am winning because I can watch the games albeit on a screen. 
Yes I want value for my money but personally I’m happy we (the team) are taking to the pitch in competitive games. 

Only Hearts!! 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

1 minute ago, TheBoss said:

So if I sign in tonight then I'm automatically added to a list of "taking all 18 games as a streaming option". But what if we don't log into the streaming for a game in two/three weeks time as something comes up? Am I still "deducted" that match? Because we always miss a couple of home games a season with holidays and always hand our tickets in for those missed games. This is the only part I don't see clarity on. Can someone clesr that up.

Thanks.

FYI, I'm not taking the cash. We're fortunate enough and we realise that. But I'd never say no to a voucher to buy the silver kit that's in the shop and not have to justify the price of it to the wife! 😂😂😂

Just give someone you trust your sign on if you can't use it!

1 minute ago, TheBoss said:

So if I sign in tonight then I'm automatically added to a list of "taking all 18 games as a streaming option". But what if we don't log into the streaming for a game in two/three weeks time as something comes up? Am I still "deducted" that match? Because we always miss a couple of home games a season with holidays and always hand our tickets in for those missed games. This is the only part I don't see clarity on. Can someone clesr that up.

Thanks.

FYI, I'm not taking the cash. We're fortunate enough and we realise that. But I'd never say no to a voucher to buy the silver kit that's in the shop and not have to justify the price of it to the wife! 😂😂😂

If you don't log in for one match, it still gets counted. Like it would if you didn't turn up to Tynie for a game. If you're happy to use the streaming as the ST, you're in it for the long haul.

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

Under the circumstances I feel we all need to take a hit.
The scenarios and options given mean that it’s a win win and a lose lose for all.
The Club is taking a hit by losing out on match day uplifts though catering etc. I’m taking a hit by not being able to go to games and enjoy the atmosphere of real match day football by being part of the crowd. 
The Club win by being able to make to most out of what monies we are raising. I am winning because I can watch the games albeit on a screen. 
Yes I want value for my money but personally I’m happy we (the team) are taking to the pitch in competitive games. 

Only Hearts!! 

And............smaller queues for toilets and beer fridge at the ready!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

Thanks.

In fairness, it’s way too complicated to create a system where you can pick and choose which games to watch. It’s either commit to the streams or roll the money over (or do neither tbf). But it might have been nice to release this statement a week ago so people had a chance to digest it. The ****ing season starts in literally hours 

11 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

If you don't log in for one match, it still gets counted. Like it would if you didn't turn up to Tynie for a game. If you're happy to use the streaming as the ST, you're in it for the long haul.

Section 3 of the statement suggests they don't know if you log in or not. 

Where they ask people putting season tickets 'on hold' not to watch streams but that they'll need to "trust" them.

Edited by Mikey1874

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Message is we still need your cash this season and next so try and not ask for credit!!

Which is fair enough imo. 
I think what they are trying to do is make sure everyone is covered. That’s the difficult part. 
On a wider note I can see clubs going to the wall because they don’t have the resources or the ability to make money this season. 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

It's complicated enough for me, I could never have been an accountant.

As a platinum s/t it looks like I will get  9 credits if I watch all the streamed games.

I can either take the credits as vouchers for retail or hospitality, or carry them forward  as a discount for next season.

Have I got that remotely correct? If not I'm not too proud to be corrected.

I might take a voucher or two towards hospitality next season, or buy my grandchildren Hearts strips for Christmas, but otherwise I won't take advantage of any discount off my next s/t. I'll just be delighted if the Covid nightmare is over, I'm still here, and the club has survived in a healthy financial state.

Looks like the vouchers for hospitality will be either £25/35 and I imagine it will be 1 per game and not that you can put them together and have a day out.

I might be wrong as it's not clear.

3 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

And............smaller queues for toilets and beer fridge at the ready!

A plus point where my prostate is concerned. 🥴 

Appreciate the transparency, but still a little confused about certain things. Mainly regarding if you pay for 2 ST's, albeit the other one is in my partners name and not sure if I've updated the address on her record, so we might be listed as seperate households.

Tonight's match though, it says is unable for PPV as it's on BBC, which is fine. It does however say in a separate article that ST holders can log in for the Dundee game. Is that going to constitute 1 of your 18, and why? It's on free to air TV.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Section 3 of the statement suggests they don't know if you log in or not. 

Where they ask people putting season tickets not to watch streams but that they'll need to "trust" them.

Just reread it, I must've missed that bit. Cheers 👍

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Appreciate the transparency, but still a little confused about certain things. Mainly regarding if you pay for 2 ST's, albeit the other one is in my partners name and not sure if I've updated the address on her record, so we might be listed as seperate households.

Tonight's match though, it says is unable for PPV as it's on BBC, which is fine. It does however say in a separate article that ST holders can log in for the Dundee game. Is that going to constitute 1 of your 18, and why? It's on free to air TV.

Season ticket holders watching the stream is not ppv mate, that's what non-season ticket holders would buy.

kingantti1874
56 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Every other club has done exactly the same as Hearts! Swapped STs for streaming. Only the other clubs didn't make a guarantee which they then changed!

that was your interpretation and interpretation aside..the reality is, due to a global catastrophe we can’t physically go to games, neither can any other fan of any other club. 

only one club has offered to carry your 20/21 season ticket in full over to next season or beyond if necessary..

ONE CLUB.. ONLY HEARTS! 

Edited by kingantti1874

Surely they know you log into the stream as you presumably need to enter some season ticket details? I'll watch the game tonight on the BBC but will log into the streams for other games. 

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Season ticket holders watching the stream is not ppv mate, that's what non-season ticket holders would buy.

Nah, I know mate. But I'm just curious if the Dundee game counts towards the 18 game guarantee if I log in to watch Hearts TV coverage. Will try phone the ticket office later today, but I'd imagine the phone will be ringing off the hook. 

Jambof3tornado
15 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Which is fair enough imo. 
I think what they are trying to do is make sure everyone is covered. That’s the difficult part. 
On a wider note I can see clubs going to the wall because they don’t have the resources or the ability to make money this season. 

Had to laugh that its ok coz the have appointed 1 advisor at the ticket office to deal with queries........busy job that one haha.

Son and I have 2 adult tickets so should be able to get some discounted nosh in the skylounge as we dont need 2 streams.

Anyone arguing we should support the club and not take advantage of credits etc........we are stilll paying Louc Damour a fortune.

Dennis Reynolds
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

that was your interpretation and interpretation aside..the reality is, due to a global catastrophe we can’t physically go to games, neither can any other fan of any other club. 

only one club has offered to carry your 20/21 season ticket in full over to next season or beyond if necessary..

ONE CLUB.. ONLY HEARTS! 

Only one club has offered to roll season tickets over as only one club promised 18 home games 🤣 Every other club was very clear that if fans were not allowed in the stadium then the games would be streamed at no extra cost. Hearts didn't offer that so we're in a tough predicament. They knew they were bent over a barrel and had to. 

I fully believe Hearts had the best intentions but they've made a complete arse of it. They should have just kept it simple.

Today's statement and offer is fair enough. Not perfect but it's an imperfect situation.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Had to laugh that its ok coz the have appointed 1 advisor at the ticket office to deal with queries........busy job that one haha.

Son and I have 2 adult tickets so should be able to get some discounted nosh in the skylounge as we dont need 2 streams.

Anyone arguing we should support the club and not take advantage of credits etc........we are stilll paying Louc Damour a fortune.

Everyone needs to factor in their personal circumstances and things like the number of tickets purchased.

i wouldn’t let the fact we have some shit players be a factor though.. we’d never buy anything if that were the case

Just read her e-mail.  It appears that she is aware of criticism and this is her means of addressing the issue.  Lots to digest and consider.

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

So if Damour had left you wouldn’t have taken advantage of the credits? 😄 

Froze 2 and left mine as is, no issues at all with the outcome but should have been weeks ago.

All being well next season will upgrade the 3 to platinum.

Hearts have been fair. Tried to help those who need it. They can have my season ticket money and a donation to FOH for the catering / drink money ive saved. 

Only Hearts 💕 

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

I think if you log in to Hearts Pass to stream any league game, the club will deem that you have taken up the option to swap streaming for actual attendance for the whole season.

Cheers man, will read it properly shortly. 

MaskedMarauder

Some questions sorry if they’ve been answered!

1. If 3 people in my household all have platinum tickets, are we all automatically enrolled for streaming games online plus 9 credits unless we let the club know otherwise?

2. Did streaming the Partick game count?

3. How do you get in contact with them to discuss other options, is it just the ticket office number?

The way I’m understanding it is that we all get automatically set for 18 games to be streamed unless we say otherwise. So if 2 in my house took the full credit to roll over for next year, could we use the other 1 ticket for streaming games and then getting 9x voucher credits? 

I've emailed the club and let them know willing to donate 2 ST's as streaming and the other 2 I will take up the voucher option. £540 to use in hospitality. for 2 x gold ST's @ £15 credit each.  Will do some damage with that when we're eventually allowed back. 

Suppose at least hearts keep the money. 

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

I've emailed the club and let them know willing to donate 2 ST's as streaming and the other 2 I will take up the voucher option. £540 to use in hospitality. for 2 x gold ST's @ £15 credit each.  Will do some damage with that when we're eventually allowed back. 

Suppose at least hearts keep the money. 

Think I'll probably do something similar tbh. Not ideal but might get some free strips for Christmas for the kids. If not, hospitality....

Toying with rolling all of mines over though and possibly paying for PPV games if they are available. 

Anyone heard any updates about PPV?

I asked a couple of questions. Got this reply.

Deadline will be next home game after tonight’s game.

We are currently looking at PPV for non-season tickets holders, keep an eye on the website for more information being released.

Regards

Hearts Ticket Office

48 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

ONE CLUB.. ONLY HEARTS! 

They have certainly righted the wrong by allowing fans to now choose to carry over their ST to next year rather than take the streams. 

· Platinum / Premium : 2 streamed games is treated as the equivalent of 1 game off your 18 game season ticket.  For the balance of games, you will be offered “streaming credit” vouchers to be used for Retail or Hospitality to the value of £25/£35 per game.  Should you not wish to receive a voucher, you will be credited with the appropriate number of games against next season’s renewal.

While this is not exact, it is broadly equivalent to a £15 credit per streamed game. 

Can't argue with that. Thanks Hearts. :)

The only thing I don't get is why a Platinum ST gets 2 games for the price of one, they only pay £100 more than gold but will get a credit of £225 after all 18 games. Gold, Silver and Bronze get nothing. Makes no sense, not that I wanted any money back but people will use this for next seasons ST and will be getting Platinum seats for less than Gold.

the sub goalie

Logged on with our 2 adult season tickets references with no probs at all.  When trying with my daughters under 13 details, getting the message Invalid credentials, please try again.

Will the games be streamed for under 13 season ticket holders?

11 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

how hard is it for someone at hearts to reply to the questions that have been asked  regarding the multi season tickets bought by some folk to watch one stream ?

really it would stop all this arguing on here:rifle:

Let’s hope the arguing is now over! And that most people are now happy, although I’m sure some won’t be!

In my opinion it’s a very generous approach by Hearts and I’m sure they are hoping that the majority of the fans reciprocate their generosity by taking the option that has the least financial implications for the club!

It will be worth every penny to see promotion and perhaps a cup success ...

Dennis Reynolds
8 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

We are currently looking at PPV for non-season tickets holders, keep an eye on the website for more information being released.

Regards

Hearts Ticket Office

Brilliant. Thanks for that.

MaskedMarauder
10 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Regards

Hearts Ticket Office

What’s the email address you used to get in contact with them? 

6 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

For the balance of games, you will be offered “streaming credit” vouchers to be used for Retail or Hospitality to the value of £25/£35 per game.

:sweeet:

Most of the money stays with the club, and I get money towards hospitality. I'm having some of that. I'll probably make a donation anyway, and treat it like buying tokens.

loveofthegame
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m leaving my money in. I never wanted to take it out. But the communication was poor and very aloof. It’s become a trend at Hearts.

Assuming you have a season ticket, given that you’re calling out others?

Since I was 5. I'm now 33. So in short, yes. 

15 minutes ago, LMc said:

Think I'll probably do something similar tbh. Not ideal but might get some free strips for Christmas for the kids. If not, hospitality....

Toying with rolling all of mines over though and possibly paying for PPV games if they are available. 

Anyone heard any updates about PPV?

That's what I am thinking about too.

Happy to pay a subscription to stream games.

Will wait for the offer for non season ticket holders/PPV announcement and then decide what to do.

2 hours ago, SectionFJambo said:

The club have taken weeks to do what should have been done originally. The reasons for the delay are just fluff.

They will in no doubt find they lose out due to the delays as more people will go for the "worst" option for the club.

The offering is also slightly worse in now that cup games are being thrown in you may get no carry forward. For the more premium season tickets they are being offered far les back than the per game cost.

The fact streaming is an all or nothing approach probably impacts my thinking too.

Need to have a read through and decide how to proceed as it's ridiculously  overly complex however I'm still not sure it's that great an option nor do I really take a half hearted apology filled with excuses as a genuine effort.

I also think the timing is a bit late - give fans hours to make a decision as anyone who streams tonight will have committed to that. Not sure it's anything to do with they had to leave it this late and more to do with they are hoping thousands stream tonight and commit to their favored option before they realise what that means. 

Thanks for posting this, it clearly illustrates how hard it is for Hearts to please some people, in fact it’s almost an impossible task!

Thankfully people of your ilk are the tiny minority!

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Some of our fans are frankly unbearable whinge bags.

In fact I’m not having it that they are actually hearts fans.. moaning about how long it took.l 🤷‍♂️ Yeah they are trying to figure out how not to bankrupt the club you ****ing muppets.

what have the other 40 odd teams in Scotland done? Not a ****ing thing. 

:wtfvlad:

Jack Torrance

Happy to see the club provide options. Below is a copy of the email I received this morning. I've requested the tickets roll over to next season as this was pretty much what I bought in to at the outset. I'm also toying with the idea of contributing something to the club to support this season - if an adhoc PPV option was available i'd do that. Unfortunately vouchers don't interest me.

Maybe buying an additional Bronze ticket would be an option to access PPV and keeping the season tickets for next season; I'll give it some thought. 

I don't appreciate their line about being unable to refund. I think a court would agree the ticket was missold and a refund should be an option. Despite this I'm not going to press the matter

You can never please all the people all the time but the club have made a real effort here to fix the mess and for that I'm grateful and will consider additional ways to support the club this season.....

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the length of time it has taken to answer your query.

The club have recently released the following Chairman’s statement in relation to the queries and concerns you and other fans have raised, this can be found by clicking the following link – https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-statement-1-2-3-4-5

I’m afraid in relation to your refund request we are unable to offer you a refund on your Season Ticket purchase for 20/21 as per the Chairman’s statement, however should you not wish to take advantage of the “Alternative Season Ticket Value Package” which is outlined on this link - https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/alternative-season-ticket-value-package you do have the ability to carry your 18 games over into the 21/22 Season, if this is your preferred option please let us know by replying to this email.

Edited by Jack Torrance

28 minutes ago, the sub goalie said:

Logged on with our 2 adult season tickets references with no probs at all.  When trying with my daughters under 13 details, getting the message Invalid credentials, please try again.

Will the games be streamed for under 13 season ticket holders?

The U13 ones don’t count for the streaming.

been here before
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hopefully clear now that we have never tried to shaft anyone and how difficult a situation the club are in. 

Given the circumstances NO club in Scotland has done more.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Some of our fans are frankly unbearable whinge bags.

In fact I’m not having it that they are actually hearts fans.. moaning about how long it took.l 🤷‍♂️ Yeah they are trying to figure out how not to bankrupt the club you ****ing muppets.

what have the other 40 odd teams in Scotland done? Not a ****ing thing. 

The kinguber is back on his maroon throne.

All you lesser fans prostate yourselves at feet of the glorious superfan whose unwavering Jamboness you can only dream of emulating you ****ing muppets.

Edited by been here before

Busy this morning so just read the statement. Satisfied it's a decent compromise and happy they have addressed the issue in an innovative way. 

Edited by Jodami

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Something tells me that when it comes to asking for “voluntary donations” for next season, they won’t be so slow of the mark in issuing statements.

Let us that support the club worry about that.

We don't have 18 home league matches this season. We have 13. That leaves us all with 5 games. 2 could be taken up with the league Cup if drawn at Home and the further 3 Scottish Cup if drawn at home. But in the likely event that this doesn't happen we may end up with 5 games to roll over even if we do stream. Am I missing something?

Also, have we clarified how you tell Hearts you do or do not wish to stream the games. Given that they ask over 65s not to if carrying over it seems that actually checking who has and hasn't streamed is either not possible or would be very time consuming.

When testing for the Partick game it was actually possible to have 2 people watching using the same log in details. It is still overly complicated and unclear. 

Edited by hughesie27

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, been here before said:

The kinguber is back on his maroon throne.

All you lesser fans prostate yourselves at feet of the glorious superfan whose unwavering Jamboness you can only dream of emulating you ****ing muppets.

😂. No Uber fan here - just an honest one who can’t be bothered with moaners.

Have I fallen out with you? Must have been more memorable for you than me 😂

Edited by kingantti1874