All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, fabienleclerq said:

I asked about streaming in July, was told it would be games inside Tynecastle that fans could attend. So I bought my St. I'm not happy at all and the clubs silence is making it worse tbh, if they decide to take the attitude of feck them then I won't buy a St in the future tbh. 

That’s really out of order if they said that

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That’s really out of order if they said that

Yeah I'm pretty torn on it tbh, the reason I asked is I can have a day out with 6 year old and go to the game. Streams he won't watch and I'll need to entertain him anyway. I wouldn't of bought it if I knew it'd be streams. 

Bazzas right boot
On 09/10/2020 at 22:33, soonbe110 said:

When has a season ticket ever covered 40 games? 

80 games a league season. 

One massive super league of 40 odd teams, it's the way forward. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

80 games a league season. 

One massive super league of 40 odd teams, it's the way forward. 

Would be great, two games per week, cup held over four weeks and players get 6-8 weeks off.   No international football. Could be the way forward. 

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

The only circumstances I'd consider refunds for are those who've been furloughed or lost their job... But realistically those in that position couldn't afford the ticket even if they were physically there.

As I suspect you will probably recognise, the legal position on the right to a refund is not based on the personal circumstances of the purchaser and, of course, there are people who really cannot afford to buy a season ticket for whatever reason and will do by taking advantage of Hearts partnership with Premium Credit Limited.     

On a slightly different note - does anyone have any idea as to when the Heartsfcpass website will be up and running again?

I'm down in England this weekend so won't have access to BBC Scotland and would really like to be able to test my signon in plenty of time for Friday's game......

2 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

On a slightly different note - does anyone have any idea as to when the Heartsfcpass website will be up and running again?

I'm down in England this weekend so won't have access to BBC Scotland and would really like to be able to test my signon in plenty of time for Friday's game......

Channel 457 on Sky in England

5 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

So are season ticket holders able to stream tonight's game or not?

No, on Premier Sports or some other nefarious sites. 

SectionFJambo
2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

The only circumstances I'd consider refunds for are those who've been furloughed or lost their job... But realistically those in that position couldn't afford the ticket even if they were physically there.

That's nice. 

The only situation I'd consider appropriate is if you buy every other season ticket holder a brand new car each to compensate......that however is not my decision like it is not your decision on how other peoples money is used.

And our situation is different from other clubs in that they didn't lie to the fans first or mislead to boost sales then backtrack then ignore there fans. It's now going on 3 weeks since they issued it, no resolutions, no responses and the first game is on Friday. I fully expect the club to use anyone who watches any of the content to get out of a refund so people would be well advised to stay away from the content until they are happy with the outcome.

5 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

That's nice. 

The only situation I'd consider appropriate is if you buy every other season ticket holder a brand new car each to compensate......that however is not my decision like it is not your decision on how other peoples money is used.

And our situation is different from other clubs in that they didn't lie to the fans first or mislead to boost sales then backtrack then ignore there fans. It's now going on 3 weeks since they issued it, no resolutions, no responses and the first game is on Friday. I fully expect the club to use anyone who watches any of the content to get out of a refund so people would be well advised to stay away from the content until they are happy with the outcome.

I think that is sound advice. I emailed FoH this afternoon and Stuart has come back to me to say he is enquiring with the club to establish when I will receive a proper reply. I will keep people informed if I receive anything. 

12 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I feel the club are between a rock and a hard place at the moment. I also feel heartfelt sorry for our fans who are genuinely and financially struggling at the moment due to covid. It’s a lose lose situation for everyone who have bought an ST. I’m also in the multi ST household and have an absolute shit internet stream to compound things. I still don’t want refunded though as this will hurt the club even further. I look upon the ‘no away days’ as a saving of sorts and over the course of the season i think I’ll be financially, ‘quids in’ owing to the fact I’m spending nothing on food, drink and travel. 

The club simply have to engage with our support and offer something a bit further down the line to make up for this. We can’t offer the 18 games at Tynecastle with a guarantee and then simply sweep it away. Lots of our support bought tickets on the strength of the 18 games guarantee. The club need to address this sooner rather than later as apathy and anger are beginning to settle in with a section of our support. 

My own thoughts are that the club could offer a 10% discount for the next 3 years on ST’s, or give additional tickets for games, or perhaps reduced price tickets for future cup games. There’s needs to be far better communication and transparency before we have some  supporters dragging this further through the mire. 

From speaking with a Notts Forest STH today he tells me they were offered a full refund or a pro rata refund for any games not attended. He was somewhat flabbergasted when I told him what Hearts are doing re streaming games and counting those as being attended.

The fact the club have made no statements is extremely poor

Dusk_Till_Dawn
30 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I think that is sound advice. I emailed FoH this afternoon and Stuart has come back to me to say he is enquiring with the club to establish when I will receive a proper reply. I will keep people informed if I receive anything. 

Don’t hold your breath

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

No, on Premier Sports or some other nefarious sites. 

hesgoal.com might be worth a look if you can resist the temptation of charming Asian cuties looking for men over 35 (tempted, btw) or Russian ladies and Ukranian girls (also tempting - until Mrs Boof gets a JKB account and reads this).

17 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

For the Scottish Premier League, League Cup and Scottish Cup, clubs aren't allowed to show games that are being broadcast live on TV. I expect that will apply to Scottish Championship games as well (although I wasn't able to find the announcements on Championship streaming to check). You can watch BBC Scotland on the iplayer anywhere in the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcscotland.

25 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

For the Scottish Premier League, League Cup and Scottish Cup, clubs aren't allowed to show games that are being broadcast live on TV. I expect that will apply to Scottish Championship games as well (although I wasn't able to find the announcements on Championship streaming to check). You can watch BBC Scotland on the iplayer anywhere in the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcscotland.

Excellent, cheers for that. Couldn't have timed a trip away any worse but that is a great help! 👍

18 hours ago, iainmac said:

Channel 457 on Sky in England

You should be able to on BBC iPlayer.

Go to settings and make sure you use a Scottish postcode.

@Aaron78

Edited by Tommy Brown

Guest ToqueJambo
21 hours ago, Jodami said:

The irony is you fail to see the obvious fact that by taking a very short term head in the sand approach to this issue there is a real chance of long term financial damage. Tackling the issue head on could mitigate that significantly as because we are fans we are always inclined to behave generously towards the club. That goodwill is diminishing by the day. 

If you are appointing individuals to leadership roles then there is an expectation that they have the quality to come up with solutions to difficult issues that arise. Ignoring them is not a solution. 

I'm all for people who feel they've been misled taking it up with the club. What I don't get is comments like this not based on any real evidence where someone acts like they're talking for everyone, and it's happening a lot on this thread. People can surely speak for themselves and take action themselves? There isn't even a separate thread for people who want refunds, etc. We get multiple threads moaning about individual matches after games like the Cowdenbeath one - why no separate thread for STs when it's a much more serious issue?

There are a few people on this thread who say they're asking for refunds and quite a lot saying they don't want refunds because they knew what they were doing when they bought a ST this season. There are of course people moaning, but then there are also multiple people moaning because we didn't beat Cowdenbeath or Caley by enough goals for their taste or because Robbie Neilson said something they didn't like. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

19 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

As @iainmac has said, channel 457 is the one you want on Sky :thumbsup: 

Quick reference for the other ones:

VirginMedia - Channel 162 (HD: Rest of UK)

FreeSat - 108 (SD: Scot, HD: Rest of UK) / Channel 174 (SD: Rest of UK) 

Sky -  457 (HD: Rest of UK) / Channel 876 (SD)

20 minutes ago, tian447 said:

As @iainmac has said, channel 457 is the one you want on Sky :thumbsup: 

Quick reference for the other ones:

VirginMedia - Channel 162 (HD: Rest of UK)

FreeSat - 108 (SD: Scot, HD: Rest of UK) / Channel 174 (SD: Rest of UK) 

Sky -  457 (HD: Rest of UK) / Channel 876 (SD)

Brilliant, thanks. Plenty options there so I should be set. Thought I might have to avoid the result all weekend and catch up when I got back. 👍

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

You should be able to on BBC iPlayer.

Go to settings and make sure you use a Scottish postcode.

@Aaron78

Will take a look at that tonight and make sure that's set up on my laptop. Cheers! 

Edited by Aaron78

Probably a daft question, but if I watch the game on Friday on BBC Scotland and decide not to use the clubs streaming service, does that therefore save me a one game credit for an in the stadium game, when fans are eventually allowed back in?

17 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Probably a daft question, but if I watch the game on Friday on BBC Scotland and decide not to use the clubs streaming service, does that therefore save me a one game credit for an in the stadium game, when fans are eventually allowed back in?

It won't be available on the club's streaming service. Whether or not it is going to count as one of our 18 games is one of the questions the club haven't answered yet. The original statement on streaming suggested that it would count towards our 18 games as it said we'd roll forward 4 credits to next year. The club knew at that stage that 2 of our home games were likely to be selected for TV by the BBC.

Then again, one of the main defences of the club on this thread has been that fans were stupid to believe that the club meant what they said, so maybe this is another issue on which the club isn't to be trusted.

19 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

From speaking with a Notts Forest STH today he tells me they were offered a full refund or a pro rata refund for any games not attended. He was somewhat flabbergasted when I told him what Hearts are doing re streaming games and counting those as being attended.

The fact the club have made no statements is extremely poor

:jjno::P

6 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

It won't be available on the club's streaming service. Whether or not it is going to count as one of our 18 games is one of the questions the club haven't answered yet. The original statement on streaming suggested that it would count towards our 18 games as it said we'd roll forward 4 credits to next year. The club knew at that stage that 2 of our home games were likely to be selected for TV by the BBC.

Then again, one of the main defences of the club on this thread has been that fans were stupid to believe that the club meant what they said, so maybe this is another issue on which the club isn't to be trusted.

I think the assumptions on the 4 games credit are based on the reduced league season not televised games. 

23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think the assumptions on the 4 games credit are based on the reduced league season not televised games. 

I agree, but we are only guessing as yet another day of complete silence on the grand season ticket fiasco has nearly passed. Every day I think 'surely we will be told something'............. 

31 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So do you think the game shown on the BBC will count as one of our 18 games covered by our season ticket or not?

The 14 game calculation was clearly based on the shortened season. But as I say, they must have been aware at the time that some of these games would be on BBC rather than streamed, which is why I'm assuming that the club thinks that watching a game on BBC that is free to air and effectively paying £25 for the privilege is part of their commitment to me that I won't lose out.

been here before
3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

So do you think the game shown on the BBC will count as one of our 18 games covered by our season ticket or not?

The 14 game calculation was clearly based on the shortened season. But as I say, they must have been aware at the time that some of these games would be on BBC rather than streamed, which is why I'm assuming that the club thinks that watching a game on BBC that is free to air and effectively paying £25 for the privilege is part of their commitment to me that I won't lose out.

Right now whatever way the club can squeeze the most juice out your pips whilst playing you for a dick will be the answer.

And they wont even have the decency or common courtesy to let you know.

Edited by been here before

10 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I think your summation is correct. 

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm all for people who feel they've been misled taking it up with the club. What I don't get is comments like this not based on any real evidence where someone acts like they're talking for everyone, and it's happening a lot on this thread. People can surely speak for themselves and take action themselves? There isn't even a separate thread for people who want refunds, etc. We get multiple threads moaning about individual matches after games like the Cowdenbeath one - why no separate thread for STs when it's a much more serious issue?

There are a few people on this thread who say they're asking for refunds and quite a lot saying they don't want refunds because they knew what they were doing when they bought a ST this season. There are of course people moaning, but then there are also multiple people moaning because we didn't beat Cowdenbeath or Caley by enough goals for their taste or because Robbie Neilson said something they didn't like. 

Apologies, I will be careful to insert a shill exemption indemnity in all future messages. 

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Apologies, I will be careful to insert a shill exemption indemnity in all future messages. 

What kind of answer is that? All I'm saying is speak for yourself rather than making out something is a bigger problem than we know it to be.

Every season the last few years we've had threads about how masses of people won't be renewing STs or will be cancelling FoH because of something the club has done or is supposed to have done wrong, or because the fans aren't being listened to. Every year those claims turn out to be false. Just saying, people should absolutely speak out on this but they should speak for themselves. Everyone's situation is different. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

I've taken that the club sees season ticket holders as not losing out because they are getting something special - exclusive streaming of home league matches at Tynecastle. It is a bit like having a ticket for the game; only so many people can say "I was there". I may have got this wrong, but if the club was to suggest that watching a free to air game on TV counts towards the 18 game guarantee then they really are well beyond the boundaries of reasonable behaviour.  

19 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I've taken that the club sees season ticket holders as not losing out because they are getting something special - exclusive streaming of home league matches at Tynecastle. It is a bit like having a ticket for the game; only so many people can say "I was there". I may have got this wrong, but if the club was to suggest that watching a free to air game on TV counts towards the 18 game guarantee then they really are well beyond the boundaries of reasonable behaviour.  

It would be free to air even if we were all allowed in the stadium. Are you saying you would be happier if they streamed it with their own commentator/summariser?

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It would be free to air even if we were all allowed in the stadium. Are you saying you would be happier if they streamed it with their own commentator/summariser?

whichever way you look at it Dave the deafening silence from the Club is unacceptable with no public statement made and nor it would appear have they  communicated individuals who contacted them (other than bog standard holding e-mails)

1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

whichever way you look at it Dave the deafening silence from the Club is unacceptable with no public statement made and nor it would appear have they  communicated individuals who contacted them (other than bog standard holding e-mails)

I agree. It’s down to each individual to make up their own mind if they are happy with what is on offer to them but anyone that has contacted them deserves a response. 

wattie exploited
22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree. It’s down to each individual to make up their own mind if they are happy with what is on offer to them but anyone that has contacted them deserves a response. 

they better try and put one out before friday if not they are taking the fans as mugs :rifle:

SectionFJambo

I don't think the delay is all that innocent in the responses. Most card companies allow a 120 days for a chargeback/dispute. Given the season tickets went on sale in May they are counting down days people can go that route with every delay.

52 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

I don't think the delay is all that innocent in the responses. Most card companies allow a 120 days for a chargeback/dispute. Given the season tickets went on sale in May they are counting down days people can go that route with every delay.

The limit for a CCA section 75 claim is six years. 

It becomes clearer by the day that the club are playing a game here. 

At the very least, they should confirm that Friday nights match does or does not count as a game against the ST. Particularly given that no access to a Hearts TV stream for the match will be available. 

15 minutes ago, Mort said:

It becomes clearer by the day that the club are playing a game here. 

At the very least, they should confirm that Friday nights match does or does not count as a game against the ST. Particularly given that no access to a Hearts TV stream for the match will be available. 

So if they have a stream it would be different?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

So if they have a stream it would be different?

If they have a stream, they can at least justify that it counts as a game against the ST, as they are providing a service and means of viewing the game.

I find it very disappointing that there has been little to no communication from the club in the last 3 weeks on all matters ST. 

Just now, Mort said:

If they have a stream, they can at least justify that it counts as a game against the ST, as they are providing a service and means of viewing the game.

I find it very disappointing that there has been little to no communication from the club in the last 3 weeks on all matters ST. 

I get your last paragraph but the first one makes no practical sense to me. If they did provide a stream then I imagine many would see it as a bit of a cynical ploy, given everyone ( bar a very small minority I would think ) has the means of viewing the game on their telly, or other device, anyway.

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I get your last paragraph but the first one makes no practical sense to me. If they did provide a stream then I imagine many would see it as a bit of a cynical ploy, given everyone ( bar a very small minority I would think ) has the means of viewing the game on their telly, or other device, anyway.

Not for me personally. The statement was very clear that the club will provide match day access on Hearts TV to every home league game. If they cannot provide this, then it should not count towards the ST. I would much rather watch the match with Hearts TV commentary than BBC punditry. 

I won’t be complaining personally to the club but  would like the club to be more forthcoming with all streaming matters. 

3 minutes ago, Mort said:

Not for me personally. The statement was very clear that the club will provide match day access on Hearts TV to every home league game. If they cannot provide this, then it should not count towards the ST. I would much rather watch the match with Hearts TV commentary than BBC punditry. 

I won’t be complaining personally to the club but  would like the club to be more forthcoming with all streaming matters. 

Fair enough, but as I can watch it on the BBC I wouldn’t be using the club’s stream anyway so it makes no difference to me personally.

They do need to tighten up their comms though. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Fair enough, but as I can watch it on the BBC I wouldn’t be using the club’s stream anyway so it makes no difference to me personally.

They do need to tighten up their comms though. 

Indeed. I’m probably being a bit fussier than normal, due to the lack of communication from the club. Could all be easily resolved by some answers from them. Hopefully hear something soon 😊.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 04/10/2020 at 04:24, Saint Jambo said:

Not sure about elsewhere, but not in Scotland they aren't. The agreement for clubs to stream Premiership games explicitly excluded games being shown live by Sky. If you check out St Johnston TV you'll find that while they are advertising the game against Celtic today it is live audio only in the UK.

I've previously posted a link to the announcement that clubs were going to be able to stream league cup games which again was clear that this excluded the games selected for TV. I haven't been able to find the announcement about Championship games being streamed but would be amazed if the same didn't apply to that.

Unclear whether Hearts had thought about games on the BBC when they posted details of streamed games and the 'carry forward' of credits into next year. They said that 4 games would carry forward. That would suggest that games on BBC would count towards season tickets, but given how poor the club's communication has been around this, who can tell what they really mean.

I thought Sky and the SPFL had an agreement where clubs can stream televised games for ST holders only, but they can't sell PPV tickets for them?

No idea if they have a similar agreement with the BBC. Maybe we're waiting for the SPFL to get their finger out? The SPFL probably hadn't thought of this as they seem to have expected crowds to be back by the time the Championship started.

Edited by ToqueJambo