English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

The use of strips to keep kit manufacturers and sponsors happy is ridiculous now. 

It was good to see Hearts in traditional colours yesterday. Been a while since we played in maroon at Tannadice.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jadon Sancho hasn’t passed to a Man Utd shirt all day. Absolutely woeful.

He‘ll probably score the winner now…

1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Wolves playing really well. Will still end up losing though, no doubt. :(

Wolves xg is crazy this season yet they haven’t managed a goal yet. Leicester , Spurs and Man U is a tough start but they want to be challenging for Europe so they need to sort it out.  

Shite goalkeeping like that wont help either 😑

Edited by sadj

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Burnley v Leeds. 

Home team wears claret and blue so obviously Leeds do not wear white and instead opt for a nice clashing blue 👍🏻👍🏻

Clashing?

burnley-striker-chris-wood-celebrates-sc

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Clashing?

burnley-striker-chris-wood-celebrates-sc

Perhaps not as much as I first thought but no way should they be changing from white. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

Maroon Sailor

How many kits have Man Utd worn this season and we're still in August ?

Really is a racket

That Manchester United kit looks awfully light blue on telly - ridiculous having a colour so similar to your city rival. Could you imagine the shirt sales if we went for a green away kit?

Samuel Camazzola
10 hours ago, Boof said:

That Manchester United kit looks awfully light blue on telly - ridiculous having a colour so similar to your city rival. Could you imagine the shirt sales if we went for a green away kit?

A nod to their kit from around 1990(ish). 

3 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

A nod to their kit from around 1990(ish). 

Still would've been a ridiculous idea then!

36 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Cannot wait till the window closes! Sky sports news is overbearing with these two muppets Kaveh Solhekol and Dharmesh Sheth .

Insufferable tossers. Dressed up like they’re about to announce the latest COVID restrictions and getting themselves into a complete lather about M’Bappe or some other preening arse. 

35 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Insufferable tossers. Dressed up like they’re about to announce the latest COVID restrictions and getting themselves into a complete lather about M’Bappe or some other preening arse. 

It’s terrible mate the two of them are always at it and trying to get one over on the other .  

Just noticed something strange. Paul Mcshane signed for Manchester United as a coach he has been giving a squad number 62 and going to be used as a over aged player to play in the under 23 games. He's 36 

Transfer window done. Anyone changing their prediction for the league?

I'm sticking Chelsea. Think they've got the best squad (just) and coupled with the manager, the best combo.

12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm sticking Chelsea. Think they've got the best squad (just) and coupled with the manager, the best combo.

Arsenal for me

Wibble

14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Should be Chelsea. Excellent quality and depth throughout the entire squad. 

14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Hard to disagree with this , reckon could be close between Chelsea and City 

If Tuchel cam rotate the squad to keep everyone happy without impacting results then they will be hard to beat to the title, only really City can match them imho

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Should be Chelsea. Excellent quality and depth throughout the entire squad. 

1 minute ago, Largo said:

Hard to disagree with this , reckon could be close between Chelsea and City 

United look pretty good on paper too though. Possibly let down by Ole at the wheel though I guess, he's putting together some better results though lately.

Fingers crossed for an exciting one again, certainly can't see anyone sailing off into the distance. Liverpool are still Liverpool but their lack of investment probably means they've fallen away a bit and Nuno might deliver Spurs a challenge in a Mourinho-esq 1 nil-a-thon!

Seymour M Hersh
On 30/08/2021 at 20:30, Nookie Bear said:

It's when they slow down their speech as    if    that    somehow    adds    gravitas    to the codswallop they're coming out with. Nearly as bad as that plonker commentator who does the Scottish (well uglies) games on Sky. 

Seymour M Hersh
51 minutes ago, Taffin said:

United look pretty good on paper too though. Possibly let down by Ole at the wheel though I guess, he's putting together some better results though lately.

Fingers crossed for an exciting one again, certainly can't see anyone sailing off into the distance. Liverpool are still Liverpool but their lack of investment probably means they've fallen away a bit and Nuno might deliver Spurs a challenge in a Mourinho-esq 1 nil-a-thon!

That and a work shy midfield and the bombscare that is slab-head McGuire. 

You might have seen that Ronaldo has the No 7 shirt at Man Utd.

He also has time to prepare for his first league game as he has left the Portugal squad. They just play Qatar in a friendly and he misses the World Cup qualifier next week after his booking for taking his shirt off after his winner v Ireland. 

Visiting Seagull
On 31/08/2021 at 11:20, Stu_HMFC said:

Just noticed something strange. Paul Mcshane signed for Manchester United as a coach he has been giving a squad number 62 and going to be used as a over aged player to play in the under 23 games. He's 36 

Think this is the new trend - we (Brighton) had one of our old players registered to play in the U23s last season (he's now the U23s manager), We've re-signed another one for that role this season. Probably doesn't cost too much.

Trouble brewing re Brazilian FA attempt to have players banned for this weekends fixtures but not Richarlison of Everton

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58486811

Of course it could all happen again next month as well........FIFA , once more like many footballing authorities failing to take control of the situation

We also know the ridiculous situation where Brazil would not allow players to play anyway if not isolated for a period before a match never mind the impact a return to the UK has in terms of another period of isolation

I thought it would have been mentioned on here that according to the press this week Salah wants £500k a week to sign a new contract. I can’t see Liverpool even considering agreeing to that. 

19 hours ago, benny said:

Better taking the 5 day rule than sending players out there.Richarlison not getting punished surely makes a good case for the rest.

Just finding it curious when the Brazilian authorities wouldn't have let them play in Brazil. 

Edited by Mikey1874

3 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

All of a sudden we have players wanting 500,000 a week.

Ronaldo was offered to City but they did not even start talking due to his wage demands.

Haaland wanting 800,000 per week so it will be interesting to see who will pay that.

Everton have money to burn but cannot spend it due to ffp.

No idea how the replacement for ffp affects them.

On 29/08/2021 at 16:04, Maroon Sailor said:

It was good to see Hearts in traditional colours yesterday. Been a while since we played in maroon at Tannadice.

Could that be because the home shirt is the only one with the sponsor on it, so we're more likely to wear it when there's not an obvious clash?

Maroon Sailor
4 hours ago, tian447 said:

Could that be because the home shirt is the only one with the sponsor on it, so we're more likely to wear it when there's not an obvious clash?

I never thought of that - it's possible

10 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Really interesting!

They talked about the Big / Top 4 (ManUre, Liverpool, Arsenal, & Spuds) then it was the Big / Top 6 (with the Chelski & ManC added to the four).

More recently they (media) have been once again been referring to the Big / Top 4 (but this time it’s ManUre, ManC, Chelski & Liverpool [Arsenal & Spuds have been ditched!)!

Does anybody feel there is a Big / Top 5 (FIVE) forming? ManUre, ManC, Chelski, Liverpool and either LCFC or West Ham??

Bazzas right boot
On 08/09/2021 at 22:05, Tazio said:

I thought it would have been mentioned on here that according to the press this week Salah wants £500k a week to sign a new contract. I can’t see Liverpool even considering agreeing to that. 

Football is ****ed. 

I hate it at the top level now. 

Byyy The Light
37 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Really interesting!

They talked about the Big / Top 4 (ManUre, Liverpool, Arsenal, & Spuds) then it was the Big / Top 6 (with the Chelski & ManC added to the four).

More recently they (media) have been once again been referring to the Big / Top 4 (but this time it’s ManUre, ManC, Chelski & Liverpool [Arsenal & Spuds have been ditched!)!

Does anybody feel there is a Big / Top 5 (FIVE) forming? ManUre, ManC, Chelski, Liverpool and either LCFC or West Ham??

I was more interested in his comments about how to level it up. That’s what we need up here. 

US sports have always had the right idea, albeit I don’t agree with the way they go about it.

Football down south has lost its soul. We’ve got a chance to learn from its mistakes 

35 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

No.
A lot of this top club stuff is at boardroom level as well as on the pitch. 

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Football is ****ed. 

I hate it at the top level now. 

I'm beginning to feel the same about it

2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I was more interested in his comments about how to level it up. That’s what we need up here. 

US sports have always had the right idea, albeit I don’t agree with the way they go about it.

Football down south has lost its soul. We’ve got a chance to learn from its mistakes 

Nothing will change until,

♥️ Doncaster goes

♥️ Old Firm duopoly ends 

♥️ Small part time clubs don’t have an equal voice 

♥️ The cesspit of the SFA & SPFL is pumped out and filled over!!

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

I'm beginning to feel the same about it

Binned sky about 4 years ago. 

Used to live the epl, stopped caring about it about 8 years ago. 

Tourist league there for 1 purpose. 

It's also ****ed works football imo. 

The sky money has ruined football across Europe. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Binned sky about 4 years ago. 

Used to live the epl, stopped caring about it about 8 years ago. 

Tourist league there for 1 purpose. 

It's also ****ed works football imo. 

The sky money has ruined football across Europe. 

Some would say it’s the best league in the world! And it’s hard to argue against that If the best players in the world play in it!

Byyy The Light
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Nothing will change until,

♥️ Doncaster goes

♥️ Old Firm duopoly ends 

♥️ Small part time clubs don’t have an equal voice 

♥️ The cesspit of the SFA & SPFL is pumped out and filled over!!

Amen brother 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Some would say it’s the best league in the world! And it’s hard to argue against that If the best players in the world play in it!

Some would.