English Premier League.

maroonlegions

15 hours ago, RobNox said:

And assisted the other goal.  Signed by Boro from Wycombe for £800k, yet we let him go.  

I hope Warnock gets the best out of the big guy.

He managed it with Damour and found the best position for Big Funk...

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

In transfers between English teams there is no correlation between ability and cost. Dunno why the Scottish teams haven't got together and figured out a way to get in on that action. For youngsters going for free/peanuts up here the equivalent can go for millions between English clubs.

Mainly down to the value of the contract. We got £9m for Gordon because we put him on a new contract of approx £18k per week. 

Celtic didn't want to pay Peterborough around £4.5m for Ivan Toney just over a year ago. Brentford did and after a great return in the Championship combined with the riches they'll now receive, his fee will likely be 10 times that now. 

Grealish trying to complain an opponent dived from his tackle........truly the man has no shame

1-0 full time

Edited by CJGJ

City showing the same weaknesses as last season and are missing enough significant goal threat.

Its time Pep bit the bullet and signed a proper striker as this side could finish 3rd or 4th if the others in the big 4 have their acts together.

15 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Grealish trying to complain an opponent dived from his tackle........truly the man has no shame

1-0 full time

Sent a similar post to a group at WhatsApp which includes a guy from Engerland.

£100M is a joke, especially as they need a proper centre forward.

It's always good to see Citeh lose. Pep & his apprentice at Arsenal are not in a good place at present. People might have a go at including Pep in the above comment, but losing to Chelski in FA Cup & CL Final at the end of last season will not be going down well. Albeit, they are playing a few squad players at present, but they do not justify the outlays they have made when signing them.

16 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Nice lad Son. They should have paid 100m for him and not the pumpkin they signed 

Daniel Levy would of held out for 200M 

30 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Who is “citeh”?

What a cringe. 

fascinated overt he Gallagher's sky are embarrassing. 

I don't think they are amazing like some people make them out to be. they signed Grealish lets just give them the title now before its started Pish!

Gary Caldwell managed to get himself back in football Shite footballer and manager joining a shite club Newcastle joined the academy taking over from Chris Hogg another ex hobo

Everton v Leeds was decent. End to end and another better refereeing performance with less fouls given.

I do think Benitez will struggle to improve them but they gave it a go. 

On 16/08/2021 at 14:59, Stu_HMFC said:

fascinated overt he Gallagher's sky are embarrassing. 

I don't think they are amazing like some people make them out to be. they signed Grealish lets just give them the title now before its started Pish!

👀

Just have to say... Grealish for 100m? Is crack issued to premier League teams now? He's alright but ****ing hell 🤣🤣🤣 let's pretend Souttar played for Aston Villa, how much would he go for? 

RustyRightPeg
22 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Just have to say... Grealish for 100m? Is crack issued to premier League teams now? He's alright but ****ing hell 🤣🤣🤣 let's pretend Souttar played for Aston Villa, how much would he go for? 

Not a lot because he isn’t English. 

English tax is ridiculous down there, puts at least another 30/40% on every player

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

When a team is willing to pay £100 million for a player like Grealish, in the most warped way it helps you understand why the "European elite" overseas want a superleague.

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

It's not as if they even needed him, there was no obvious gaps in their attacking players, other than an out and out goal scorer to replace Aguero.  Now they are talking about spending >£100m for Kane.  They should have passed on the Grealish deal, and offer Dortmund £200m to allow Haaland to leave now.  He's just turned 21 and is only going to get better.

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

It's not as if they even needed him, there was no obvious gaps in their attacking players, other than an out and out goal scorer to replace Aguero.  Now they are talking about spending >£100m for Kane.  They should have passed on the Grealish deal, and offer Dortmund £200m to allow Haaland to leave now.  He's just turned 21 and is only going to get better.

spot on.  Haaland over Grealish and Kane would of been my choice as well. Some player and as you say only 21

Shane Duffy scoring a belting header for Brighton 😱😱 whatever next ? Think I’ll put a bet on the hologram saving a shot 🤣

SectionDJambo

I see the offside lines are back. I thought they had done away with them. Still looking for big toes straying offside. They certainly know how to destroy what should be a great tool for officials.

13 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I see the offside lines are back. I thought they had done away with them. Still looking for big toes straying offside. They certainly know how to destroy what should be a great tool for officials.

Apparently they’ve made the lines thicker! 

13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Apparently they’ve made the lines thicker! 

Yeah, and I think if the lines intersect, the benefit of the doubt goes to the attacking player.  I guess it means fewer contentious offsides given, but to me it's still a level of precision that is not needed.  VAR was meant to prevent clear and obvious errors, not attempt to analyse every debatable incident to the nth degree.

I've said it before, but there should be a time limit on VAR decisions, somewhere between 30-60 seconds seconds.  If VAR can't decide in that time, then it can't be clear and obvious, so the ref's decision stands.  You'll still rule out all of the clear errors, and are left with the debatable ones.

I'd also do away with drawing lines for offside decisions.  If VAR can't decide if a player is offside or not without drawing lines, then again, it's not clear and obvious.

I really don't get why Chelsea have sent Billy Gilmour to Norwich of all teams. They were always likely to be in a relegation battle and their defending yesterday was a complete shambles again. There would surely have been bigger and better teams who would have been keen to take Gilmour on loan. Just doesn't make sense to me.

41 minutes ago, stirlo said:

I really don't get why Chelsea have sent Billy Gilmour to Norwich of all teams. They were always likely to be in a relegation battle and their defending yesterday was a complete shambles again. There would surely have been bigger and better teams who would have been keen to take Gilmour on loan. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Good team to send him to.

All Chelsea want is for him to play a full season to gain experience and maybe to take a point or two of their league rivals.

Liverpool and Man City is a very hard start.If they continue to get defeats against the so called smaller teams then the writing is on the wall.

1 hour ago, benny said:

All Chelsea want is for him to play a full season to gain experience and maybe to take a point or two of their league rivals.

Liverpool and Man City is a very hard start.If they continue to get defeats against the so called smaller teams then the writing is on the wall.

It's a tough start but if they continue defending like that it won't matter who they're playing. My worry for Gilmour is that he'll not see much of the ball this season and it could really knock his confidence. 

8 hours ago, benny said:

Why does any of this mean Norwich are a good team to send him too?

He'd have been far better going to a mid-table team even if just for the reasons you mention...Norwich are not going to take any points of the top 8-10 teams if they continue to set up 4-3-3 in every game

Maroon Sailor
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Tierney is the most overrated player I've ever seen.

Never saw Paul McStay or Scott Brown then ?

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Never saw Paul McStay or Scott Brown then ?

I thought Mcstay was a good player. But neither went for KT money.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I thought Mcstay was a good player. But neither went for KT money.

Neither tested themselves in England either. Bottled it

8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Neither tested themselves in England either. Bottled it

Don't think Brown was good enough. Mcstay should've gone to Italy.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Tierney is the most overrated player I've ever seen.

Scotland’s best player at the moment by a mile. The guy is class, better than Robertson.  Could do with a move away from Arsenal though. 

You get these coaches like Arteta who clearly have no man management skills but think they can lead a team just through tactics and training drills.  

Players will still give effort to a degree but they look aimless and leaderless. 

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Their fans should be happy being mid table now then. Maybe watch the 2000 Galatasary UEFA Cup final replay then the 2006 European Cup final again and feel good about these campaigns. 

Maybe just watch the Wenger years - you know the guy the forced out

I’m not saying they’ll be in a relegation scrap, but genuinely think Arsenal will be bottom 10 this season. An awful team.

30M on Ramsdale who has been relegated twice in the last two years! comes in as a number two also.

They let Martinez go to Villa a couple of seasons ago .

Can't see Action man being in charge after Christmas. 

I listen to talksport a lot at work and driving to and from and they cover a fair bit of Arsenal its mental how far they have fallen from the days at Highbury and having the players like Henry , Cole , Campbell , Pires , Vieria , Bergkamp , a young Cese , Kewon , Kanu 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

17 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

30M on Ramsdale who has been relegated twice in the last two years! comes in as a number two also.

They let Martinez go to Villa a couple of seasons ago .

Can't see Action man being in charge after Christmas. 

I listen to talksport a lot at work and driving to and from and they cover a fair bit of Arsenal its mental how far they have fallen from the days at Highbury and having the players like Henry , Cole , Campbell , Pires , Vieria , Bergkamp , a young Cese , Kewon , Kanu 

Self entitled #####.

Finish eighth and get beat in their first two games and all hell breaks loose.