• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Arsenal bottom of the league as it stands.....only 3 games but with an international break coming will a change be made ?.....also last gasp transfer deals could result.

Shooter McGavin

I’ll say it again, what is the point in Arsenal football club?

Players dancing around when they beat West Brom on Wednesday, and today they lost their 3rd league game in a row, and haven’t even scored yet. 

Weird club. 

Edited by Shooter McGavin

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Their matchday income is insignificant in their overall financial picture so we can't even say the club have lost loads there either.

Not that it has anything to do with the deal but it's over one million ticket sales they lost, it's hardly a sprinkle

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Not that it has anything to do with the deal but it's over one million ticket sales they lost, it's hardly a sprinkle

Eh?

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Covid  no crowds I'd think

I was talking about the complaint that they don't get 100% of matchday takings, everyone lost out on crowds.

Malinga the Swinga

Watched first 20 minutes of Liverpool v Chelsea. The reluctance of referee to book Liverpool players is apparent already. Two bookable fouls allowed and then Henderson showing so much dissent but ref just took it.

Chelsea deservedly 1 up.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Watched first 20 minutes of Liverpool v Chelsea. The reluctance of referee to book Liverpool players is apparent already. Two bookable fouls allowed and then Henderson showing so much dissent but ref just took it.

Chelsea deservedly 1 up.

Matip should definitely been booked for the combination of his foul on Mount and his behaviour after he award of the foul. 

Malinga the Swinga

Question for those who profess to follow Liverpool. What exactly does Jordan Henderson bring to the team?

Chelsea should be out of sight, but miss too many breaks.

Malinga the Swinga

Laughable decision to award Liverpool penalty but there again, ref favoured Liverpool from start.

In fact, ref totally lost control of game.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Laughable decision to award Liverpool penalty but there again, ref favoured Liverpool from start.

Stonewall and correct to send the player off.......1-1

Great to see the upset even a correct decision can make to some

Yep 100% a pen.  Good save by the defender.    I hate the way players surround the refs - i would yellow card each and every one of them until it was 6 a side.  

periodictabledancer
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Clear penalty , Chelsea player  intended to handle it by moving his arm forward toward the ball  but it's only noticeable in slo-mo. Chelsea players & staff should be embarrassed when they see the replay. 

Chelsea are a side you know will be difficult to beat even with 10 men and still have top class forward on the park

You can talk about harsh decisions but this match is by no means over and what's the odds on another sending off to level things up.

Seymour M Hersh
22 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

:rofl:

Malinga the Swinga

Good to see Liverpool supporters out in force tonight.

Ball hit guys leg and bounced up. Rule is if it hits one part of body and bounced up onto arm, it isn't penalty. Took about a third of a second for Liverpool's 12th man to give it. Surprised ref didn't want to take it. Seem to recall a more obvious penalty for Man City not being given at Anfield a season or two back, but then again, pretty rare for English equivalent of Celtic to be penalised at home.

Lino deciding offside doesn't apply when Salah receives ball as well.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good to see Liverpool supporters out in force tonight.

Ball hit guys leg and bounced up. Rule is if it hits one part of body and bounced up onto arm, it isn't penalty. Took about a third of a second for Liverpool's 12th man to give it. Surprised ref didn't want to take it. Seem to recall a more obvious penalty for Man City not being given at Anfield a season or two back, but then again, pretty rare for English equivalent of Celtic to be penalised at home.

That rule is more nuanced. 

Ref knows the rules. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

That rule is more nuanced. 

Ref knows the rules. 

Mm, he didn't apply rules on yellow card early on and officials don't appear to know offside rule, or at least how to apply it when Liverpool attacking.

Pretty sure rule can be applied as suits ref and it certainly suited him to give it.

Don't get the it's not a pen and not a sending off? The guy clearly deliberately handles the ball to stop it going over the line ??

indianajones
Just now, jock _turd said:

Don't get the it's not a pen and not a sending off? The guy clearly deliberately handles the ball to stop it going over the line ??

Pen but harsh red imo. Not entirely sure what he is meant to do with his hand when kneeing the ball. 

Dont really care either way though. Tourist league! 

Just now, indianajones said:

Pen but harsh red imo. Not entirely sure what he is meant to do with his hand when kneeing the ball. 

Dont really care either way though. Tourist league! 

Come on he deliberately move his hand to stop the ball... and I am not a Liverpool supporter it is just a very obvious observation !

indianajones
1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Come on he deliberately move his hand to stop the ball... and I am not a Liverpool supporter it is just a very obvious observation !

The arm swung but it was still gonna hit his hand regardless of the motion. 100% a pen but just felt the red is a bit harsh in that situation. 

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I was talking about the complaint that they don't get 100% of matchday takings, everyone lost out on crowds.

I think you're misunderstanding. I've certainly not complained about that or anything else, merely spelt out what was what. Please do quote me correctly though if you want me to understand what you're talking about. 

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

I think you're misunderstanding. I've certainly not complained about that or anything else, merely spelt out what was what. Please do quote me correctly though if you want me to understand what you're talking about. 

I wasn't quoting you, I wasn't even replying to you,why would I be ensuring you can understand?

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I wasn't quoting you, I wasn't even replying to you,why would I be ensuring you can understand?

You either have no short term memory or completely at it 😂. My 19 month old kid makes more sense than you.

IronJambo

Posted 5 hours ago

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

Their matchday income is insignificant in their overall financial picture so we can't even say the club have lost loads there either.

Smithee

Posted 5 hours ago

5 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Not that it has anything to do with the deal but it's over one million ticket sales they lost, it's hardly a sprinkle

Eh?

Mikey1874

Posted 5 hours ago

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

Eh?

Smithee

Posted 5 hours ago

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I was talking about the complaint that they don't get 100% of matchday takings, everyone lost out on crowds

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

You either have no short term memory or completely at it 😂. My 19 month old kid makes more sense than you.

IronJambo

Posted 5 hours ago

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

Smithee

Posted 5 hours ago

5 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Not that it has anything to do with the deal but it's over one million ticket sales they lost, it's hardly a sprinkle

Eh?

Mikey1874

Posted 5 hours ago

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

Eh?

Smithee

Posted 5 hours ago

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I was talking about the complaint that they don't get 100% of matchday takings, everyone lost out on crowds

Yeah, see that first post there, the one you misinterpreted - I wasn't talking to you, I was replying to another poster.

I wasn't expecting you to understand, I don't care if you had problems understanding, I wasn't talking to you.

11 hours ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, see that first post there, the one you misinterpreted - I wasn't talking to you, I was replying to another poster.

I wasn't expecting you to understand, I don't care if you had problems understanding, I wasn't talking to you.

🤣

Burnley v Leeds. 

Home team wears claret and blue so obviously Leeds do not wear white and instead opt for a nice clashing blue 👍🏻👍🏻

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Burnley v Leeds. 

Home team wears claret and blue so obviously Leeds do not wear white and instead opt for a nice clashing blue 👍🏻👍🏻

The use of strips to keep kit manufacturers and sponsors happy is ridiculous now. 

For the first time in top flight history Tottenham Hotspur will end the day top of the table at the same time as Arsenal end the day bottom